Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

a question for the power ball

jeepguy

hello every one !  had  an exciting  time  watching  the  lotto  numbers  come up ,   I  could n`t  believe   my eyes  there  were  8  or so  pages   {  good job  too every one  }   ....  now  the question  :    do  we as  a team ,  wish to buy  power ball tickets  only when the  pot gets too the 100  million  mark  ? {   the reason I ask  is  I don`t want this   too get  tiresome ,  and boring ,  it  is  exciting  when the pot is  large  , and  would  be  a  big  split  other than the 40 million   }    I will wait  for the reply  .  to carry  on  thanks  every one  ! 

• Upvote 1

Hi Jeep... I play regularly, but I do think the DV POOL should kick in around the 100 Million mark, otherwise it might get a bit tiresome.  I'd like it to be more special as we all kick in at the higher number!

thanks   flash  ,  will have too think  on that   ...   mmmm    how  about   " the  powerball 100 million  club "     the pot  gets  around  100  million   I think  about  every  4 or 5 weeks  if no one  hits

I like that idea. Sounds good to me

Ouch - all I can see is a logistical nightmare.    Sorry fellows, but trying to split millions with people you don't even know?  Wow, even friends that like/ each other can't work out the details without suing each other.    

Help me with how this would work?  I'm wondering........  

• Upvote 1

One hundred million sounds great Jeep. I don't normally play but this is

a great idea. Thank you for bringing this into the group. The 100 million Club

that's the ticket! When I did the office pool we had it so after taxes we would

all march in together separate paperwork. When we won free tickets or up to $4

that would go for extra tickets and bought the same amount of tickets every

week regardless Just a suggestion.

Like nannab, I don't normally play powerball. But I'd be interested in a $100M club. But like paperboy said, splitting up millions between folks you only know as "429" or "jeepguy" could be a bit trying. Even keeping all the numbers straight would be hard enough. If we're going to play regularly, we'd have to have a system to lock threads and keep things on the up and up. There would need to be rules, too.

Anyway, I'm in for a big payout pool.

I see   where  folks  could be  ,  really worried  about  one  person  with  winning ticket ,  disappear ,   that  would  not be  so good ,  the reason folks  play  is too make  bills disappear  ,  get bills paid off  , and help others  in need ...  { not  others  as in  thousands ,  but  people  you hear about  that  need a hand , that  sort of  good deed }   so  with that said  ,  the idea is   every one buy  1  or 2  or  how ever we decide  on  ,  and  post  the numbers   on  the  100 million  club  thread ...  {  now  I did  notice that  folks   in some areas  could not  purchase tickets  and  another dinar vet member  stepped up and  made  a buy  for that  person  who wished to play but had no way of getting ticket other wise !  {    a  good friend    to do  this with out  worrying about  getting  2 or so dollars  paid back    :peace:  }   ...    so  what will happen  is  if  someone  in the 100 million club  happens to hit   ,  we  all  would  go the  dinar chats page ,  the next day  ,  and start  too figure out  the  next steps  ,  where  too go too cash in ,  and  how too get too that  area , and so -on ...   even split  10  folks play  on a 100 million it hits    , take  the  lump sum  and   I think  it will be around  5  too 7  million apiece ,  { not sure of this figure ,  just  a number  to show  how it is  split ...   it  might  be   3 or  4 million ,  but  that   will be  3 or 4  million  we didn`t  have  the day  before  :)   }  so too cap it off   every one buys   lotto  tickets  post the numbers  on the thread , and  wait  for results  ....  thanks  every one 

This is the way I see it.

As long as the winner is willing to split the prize as he promised to do.

How this is going to be handled is up to the ticket holder.

The ticket holder makes the rules as to how everyone is going to get paid.

As long as everyone does get paid I see no problem with this method.

If a DV member is somehow not healthy enough to make the trip to collect their money they can send a delegate to pick it up.

The only thing I see is how does one handle the taxes on something like this. Im sure Adam would have a idea as to how the taxes should be handled. 

• Upvote 1

I believe I like dogs idea with the ticket holder calling the shots in regards to where and when other players would meet to pick up $'s. Sure wouldn't want to start bossing that ticket holder around and give them second thoughts about sharing and holding up their part of the bargain. Ya know how we all get when we have the most and prettiest marble

s (play by my rules, or I'll take MY marbles and go home). I realize that sounds pretty harsh but we also know that all of us are fallen human beings and we are subject to that kind of behavior......I would be interested in playing when the jackpot is large enough to truely make a nice little dent in each of our lives....of course for me that wouldn't take much but up to a 100 mil or more to share sounds great to me.

If this little plan comes together, I AGREE to abide by rules and I AGREE to share among all dv'ers that have purchased a ticket. if in the event that I hold the winning ticket, I WILL NOT take my marbles and go home. Thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion and possibly entering into a fun and lucrative adventure.

We incorporate before collecting, then all taxes will be paid in advance then everyone playing at that time will split what's left (lump sum) unless you post more than 1 ticket and if you play 2 or more tickets then one should collect that many times. Example you play 3 tickets and post them with in the club then you should collect 3 shares as members playing.

The money is awarded in the state the ticket was issued......taxes can be chosen to be taken out before the checks issued....the commission can then divide evenly and issue checks in the name of each winner.....I know when the american airlines workers won this is how it was handled. Checks can then be sent to each winner if they so choose. 

Easy peasy....the only worry is making sure everyone shares like they promised.

• Upvote 1

We incorporate before collecting, then all taxes will be paid in advance then everyone playing at that time will split what's left (lump sum) unless you post more than 1 ticket and if you play 2 or more tickets then one should collect that many times. Example you play 3 tickets and post them with in the club then you should collect 3 shares as members playing.

101[

/quote]

Flash, no disrespect but there are many here that are not able or willing to purchase a multitude of tickets. To give equal opportunity to each player, I feel that it should be shared straight down the middle (equally) regardless of the # of tickets that one may contribute. Sorry I can't agree with ya but I just believe that greed will kill this little game. I personally could not and would not agree to those terms...I realize I'm not the rule and term maker but felt the need to express. Thank you

I am

Flash, not to be disrepectful but there are many of us here that probable cannot not and are not willing to purchase a multitude of tickets.

Edited by learning all i can
  • Upvote 2

We incorporate before collecting, then all taxes will be paid in advance then everyone playing at that time will split what's left (lump sum) unless you post more than 1 ticket and if you play 2 or more tickets then one should collect that many times. Example you play 3 tickets and post them with in the club then you should collect 3 shares as members playing.

Hi Flash... I addressed this with DWitte too, about multiple "entries".  It would not be fair to be "paid" on losing tickets/entries.  Multiple entries do not really increase the odds.  If you submitted three, and ONE of yours happened to win... why would you get two extra shares for the other two losing tickets?  By that logic, I could submit twenty... none winning... but have twenty shares if YOURS wins.  Do you see what I mean?  It has to simply be one share PER PERSON.

• Upvote 2

agree..list as many as you want but only one share

Agreed Snow!  So really, why submit more than one?  ONE should be the rule.  Keep the others for yourself! It's just a fun pool... not a magical winning formula!

• Upvote 1

Naw man that wont really work for me sorry

1 play

1 pay

Let me know if the rest of you agree with flash if so im out.