Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq sees foreign reserves dropping to $43 bln in 2016 - IMF memo BAGHDad Jan 12 Iraq plans to finance its balance of payments deficit by drawing its

SocalDinar

Come on, dB. You are a long time dinar holder. No long term dinar holder is buying dinar now. You'd have to have a financial death wish to do that now. Either that or you have the biggest set of reality blinders on your eyes of all time! I have heard that there are still people out there trying to get Bernie Madhoff to sell them stocks! You fit right into that crowd, my brother. Your "stash" as you put it, is losing money! Come over to the winning side and buy Zimbabwe dollars. A few quad trillion will brighten you right up! I know you own Zimbabwe!

I did own a couple of notes but that one went to the crapper. I do still buy the dinar and next week will be buying the new 50,000 notes. I also have been buying rial and that looks like a great play

We lose money on that jar of coins most people keep in the laundry room.  If you had $1000 sitting around doing nothing for 11 years you lost $242.00 because of inflation. That's a 24% loss. . Same thing with the dinar in our closets. The only thing that makes it seem OK is that we all wrote off that money a long time ago. But if you sell it now it sure feels like found money.  And the wife does not need to know.

• Upvote 1

We lose money on that jar of coins most people keep in the laundry room.  If you had $1000 sitting around doing nothing for 11 years you lost $242.00 because of inflation. That's a 24% loss. . Same thing with the dinar in our closets. The only thing that makes it seem OK is that we all wrote off that money a long time ago. But if you sell it now it sure feels like found money.  And the wife does not need to know.

hi social dinar how are you doing. I am not selling my dinar until the RV happens

Hello DB.

I  got rid of 90% of what i did have at one time. Just tired of waiting and watching the dinar do nothing. I did OK because I originally bought a lot of the 500s. I I had over 4 million in 50,000 IQD bundles. It was impressive to look at.  Could not believe what people were paying for these when I sold. Thankfully over 35 % more than i bought them for. Sold them on Ebay which takes 10 % and paypal 3 % so I did pretty good. Not so good on the 25 K notes though.   I used the money and bought a gold mine with some of the money and lots of equipment  for It.  Just bought quite a bit of silver with the remaining money which  I think was quite the buy at $14.00 an ounce.  Something just feels good about holding heavy precious metals in your hand. You dont get the same feeling holding paper.

Well I wish you luck.  I

• Upvote 1

SD, I agree with the coinage. Paper money has no value other than fiat. Gold and silver will always have value. In fact most of the world's currencies started out as being backed by gold and silver. I also believe that there is a far greater chance that my gold and silver coins will revalue sooner and for greater profit to me than any of that sandbox paper I bought back in 2012. DB will at some point in the future, realize that his investment strategy was flawed. I came to that realization two years ago, but was stubborn. I sold 75% of my dinar holdings several weeks ago, and it was a wonderful feeling to hold US dollars back in my hand again. Kept a little dinar for old times sake, but I have virtually no faith in it ever making me a dime.

• Upvote 2

Looking back I can definitely say I had no investment strategy regarding this. A friend told me about this in a whisper ( Hush hush ) and i bought it hook line and sinker. Lots of good BS stuff out then. Hillarious's speech, Shabs speech. Malikis speech and all the lies that came with it..   

It was not a lot of money so i kept on buying it up.  At some point you realize that all the hype was lies but it's hard to admit to yourself. ( I'm only talking about me personally )Everyone ( not most ) but everyone I know that bought dinar did so because of Hype and BS. I truly believe that most people ( not all ) but most who bought dinar did so for the same reason.

And I realized this before the collapse of oil and Daesh. I just don't see how or why his could happen. There is not a financial advisor, banker or accountant i know that thinks this is in any way possible.

• Upvote 1

Well,DB, it is good to know we agree on the gold and silver thing. I can only speak for myself of course, but it feels very good to have the majority of my money safe again. I did not invest much, roughly 5 grand, and lost approximately 35% of that in commissions buying and selling ( it keeps caz wealthy) but the psychological relief I feel not having to follow every move the incompetent idiots in Baghdad are making, was worth the loss. You obviously are not troubled by all the bad news and are still buying more dinar. You are probably the only human still doing that, but it's your choice to make. When are you throwing your bankruptcy party? I may have to fly over and console you on your loss.

• Upvote 1

Well,DB, it is good to know we agree on the gold and silver thing. I can only speak for myself of course, but it feels very good to have the majority of my money safe again. I did not invest much, roughly 5 grand, and lost approximately 35% of that in commissions buying and selling ( it keeps caz wealthy) but the psychological relief I feel not having to follow every move the incompetent idiots in Baghdad are making, was worth the loss. You obviously are not troubled by all the bad news and are still buying more dinar. You are probably the only human still doing that, but it's your choice to make. When are you throwing your bankruptcy party? I may have to fly over and console you on your loss.

I wish I hadn't been so disrespectful towards the likes of keepem and Sam I am and others. They exposed some of the hacks like Stryker. I however believe this investment is not dead and that we will see a rise in the dinar. If it ends up bad I won't cry over it. I am in a position now where the dinar I buy is now free money as I sell the dinar to get my own for free. If I lose at least I took a risk to try to change my life.

I lost my mum last year Antietam and from that I learned not to spend my life engrossed by an event that is beyond anyone's control- I have found other ways to make money and I have learned a hell of a lot. This experience weather it ends up bad or not has been a brilliant eduacation for me. I will not attack lopsters in a disrespectful way again and I will watch out for your comments but it won't change how I feel about the Iraqi dinar which I feel will end up in a positive way.

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of people now in the uk are holding onto what they have got. The eBay auctions for the dinar are virtually non existent which is great because it means less competition when selling. Leeds probably has the biggest concentration of dinar holders. I sell all over the country. And yes I realised that selling and getting my currency for free was definately the way forward .

DB, I join you in your loss, as I lost my mom this past November. But she was a Christian, and I am comforted by Christ's promise to her of eternal life. As far as the dinar goes, who knows? But sometimes we have to call a spade a spade. I agree that this experience has vastly increased my knowledge of the world of finance, and because of that increase in knowledge, I now realize there is just no way for the dinar to make you or me a millionaire. It might increase slowly to a point where, if you hold on, you might eventually break even, but I doubt it. I think that eventualy, the CBI will find a way to legally scrape the speculators off their balance books. The best way to do this is to simply redenominate with an in-house exchange period, like they did back in 2003. But they haven't gone that route either, so who knows?

DB, I join you in your loss, as I lost my mom this past November. But she was a Christian, and I am comforted by Christ's promise to her of eternal life. As far as the dinar goes, who knows? But sometimes we have to call a spade a spade. I agree that this experience has vastly increased my knowledge of the world of finance, and because of that increase in knowledge, I now realize there is just no way for the dinar to make you or me a millionaire. It might increase slowly to a point where, if you hold on, you might eventually break even, but I doubt it. I think that eventualy, the CBI will find a way to legally scrape the speculators off their balance books. The best way to do this is to simply redenominate with an in-house exchange period, like they did back in 2003. But they haven't gone that route either, so who knows?

thanks Antietam and I'm sorry for your loss to. I hope you are coping better than me. It's been a hard year for me and despite our differences on the dinar we both have a common loss and I understand what you are going through