Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq sees foreign reserves dropping to $43 bln in 2016 - IMF memo BAGHDad Jan 12 Iraq plans to finance its balance of payments deficit by drawing its

SocalDinar

Thanks Antietam ! I just decided to post down here again because it's just as good as anyplace ! Well a man out on hi way Fm190 just out of Livingston Texas was backing out on the roadway and cause a lady to swerve into my cousin both at 50 + miles an hour with a combined impact of a 100 + miles an hour. They were all airlifted to Memorial Herman Hospital Houston Texas in 4 Lifeflight helicopters. My cousin is the only one left alive tonight at this point , I'm so glad , but I feel for her neighbors, a mother and her two children.....gone ! SOB ! Please send more prayers !

You are missing my somewhat sarcastic point, snowglobe. I wouldn't want to be holding EITHER oil stocks or dinar right now. Unfortunately, I do hold dinar. Poor Tex has both, and he's in dire need of some good news. Maybe caz can pump him up with his/her usual cheerfulness!

Unfortunately you hold dinar? I am glad to be holding.

Tex...prayers up my friend

Do you have an update this morning?

• Upvote 2

SG7,

Like most SANE speculators/investors, if I lose faith in a particular venture...........I divest myself and move to the next. In an abnormal phenomenon here (da tank) that is not the case. Why the need to continuously torture themselves and others with their perceived loss is a question every shrink I'm sure could make millions off. Their need to show folks how smart they are NOW, is sad really. I think a group hug/intervention is needed, I think they need for someone to tell them it's okay and things will get better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't believe there are any lobsters left. I haven't heard anyone spouting off about dropping the zeros in a long time. All that is left down here are the free thinkers, those who don't march to the "RV any minute" mantra that is still being spewed by the gurus. Of course they get paid to say those things to gin up sales.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Antietam:

I agree. A LOP would be an expense that the CBI/MOF can't afford. Not sure that your "free thinkers" is correct either.. What we need here are financial realists.

We need people who understand that a country cannot just put a value on their currency and the banking world will buy it. That's silly , if possible a dozen countries would have tried it by now.

Iraq is living almost day to day. I see the confusing statements as the result of coverups to avoid panic.

The Maliki years were a wasted opportunity that wont return.

I am sure the IMF realizes that the currency should be devalued BUT can't force the CBI to do so publicly. They also can't allow the government to collapse. It would be an opening for ISIL. I think the CBI is holding up the 1182 rate without completely supporting it. YES they are releasing more dinar every day, NOT taking it IN as I've read here.

Oil may get back to $60 by the end of the year but that is the best estimate I have read , it wont be enough .

Rock, I know that you are labeled as a lobster or worse down here, but you have made more sense than anyone I've read except maybe Keeps or Legolus, both of whom have long since gone their own way. I quit believing in the big overnight RV back in about 2013 or so. Snapped right out of that mind set. I had a choice then, to sell and move on or to stick for awhile and see if a gradual revalue would occur. Being stubborn, I hate to lose 50% of my $5,500 investment money. Then came ISIS, and finally the oil dump. It's a two handed smack down for Iraq. The oil is still there, but we are a long way from seeing any revalue, however small, of the dinar, in my humble opinion. But as long as the CBI doesn't redenominate, the currency I hold still has the opportunity to rise in value if things improve overthere. If not, then I am gone, for however much I can get back in US dollars. How and when I make the decision to sell will depend on my level of tolerance for the GOI's keystone cops routine. I do feel intensely sorry for the people who staked their entire financial/retirement plans on the big RV scenario. I think it will end badly for them. Just my opinion, of course. I have been accused by my wife of being a "glass half empty" guy. Maybe so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Antietam:

I agree. A LOP would be an expense that the CBI/MOF can't afford. Not sure that your "free thinkers" is correct either.. What we need here are financial realists.

We need people who understand that a country cannot just put a value on their currency and the banking world will buy it. That's silly , if possible a dozen countries would have tried it by now.

Iraq is living almost day to day. I see the confusing statements as the result of coverups to avoid panic.

The Maliki years were a wasted opportunity that wont return.

I am sure the IMF realizes that the currency should be devalued BUT can't force the CBI to do so publicly. They also can't allow the government to collapse. It would be an opening for ISIL. I think the CBI is holding up the 1182 rate without completely supporting it. YES they are releasing more dinar every day, NOT taking it IN as I've read here.

Oil may get back to $60 by the end of the year but that is the best estimate I have read , it wont be enough .

Iraq has been doing just that for that last ten years with their set rate. 

Watercop, you made a mistake, my brother. Iraq didn't put the peg in place, the US occupational government under Bremer did. It started around 40000 to 1 and gradually reached marketplace equilibrium at the present 1166 to 1 in 2009. It has not budged more than a pip or two in seven years since. Now it looks like it might move to 1240 to 1 officially, but we haven't seen that yet. What Rockfl9 was alluding to was the fallacy of thought which promotes the 100,000% RV of the dinar, making all of us instant millionaires overnight. It's funny.....I used to believe that scenario completely and without reservation. Now when I say it, it just sounds silly, as Rock so eloquently stated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just back in town .

I'm very sorry to here about your cousin and all involved in this tragedy Tex. I hope all works out and although I am not a religious man I am hoping for the best possible outcome.

When I read this it made me think of how petty all this bickering here is . LOP or no Lop does not mean squat.

Family First

Hi, caz. It's nice to see you are back to your "glass half empty" approach to the free thinkers down here in the tank. It must require tremendous internal fortitude to still cling to the dead dream of 2007. You are one of the very last to do so, except , of course, the "newbies" who have just entered the dinar investment. I guess we all see reality differently, and that's okay, I guess. But this dinar investment don't look too good right now, does it?

• Upvote 1

Ole Rock makes more sense with his postings than you do, my brother. At least he makes a reasonable presentation of how the world of finance works, not some whimsical fantasy that has run its course that you spout. That's not to say I totally agree with him, cuz I am still holding dinars, but he is far closer to the actual truth of the present circumstances, in my opinion,than you ever have been. How's your golf game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ole Rock makes more sense with his postings than you do, my brother. At least he makes a reasonable presentation of how the world of finance works, not some whimsical fantasy that has run its course that you spout. That's not to say I totally agree with him, cuz I am still holding dinars, but he is far closer to the actual truth of the present circumstances, in my opinion,than you ever have been. How's your golf game?

I believe you are officially a member of the dark side with this post

• Upvote 3

SG7,

He/She always was................... for whatever reason tried to hide the fact. One should never be ashamed of who they are...........stand up & be proud. Some might even respect ya for it........................hiding behind a fake premise,not so much.

Hey Auntie,

I thought u wanted to sell your Dinar?  What happened? Or was that just HOTAIR also?

Edited by caz1104

What is your interpretation of the "dark side", Snowglobe? Is it anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your belief? Are you not open to alternative dinar profit pathways, especially in light of SEVEN LONG years of hearing the "RV now" mantra said every single day? What exactly does it take for you to begin to realize there may not be a fabled RV, and maybe, just maybe, we might make some profit over a slower pathway of dinar revalue? I'm not a lobster, but I am a believer in slow growth and profit in the dinar. I guess that makes me an "enemy" ?

• Upvote 1

Obviously you did not/do not know and or understand me.....I have many many times called the lopsters the dark side, and never in any condecending way...they have cookies....and I have joked for years about finding who has been hiding my cookies. I am prob one of the few people here here who does look at both sides on a pretty regular basis and NEVER EVER EVER belittles or shoves my opinions down anyone's throat...or even ACCUSES someone that believing something is a bad thing...hence my above post,......whatever you do believe, you must/should speak intelligently and stand by you belief, but be ready to explain it in a non threatening yet thought provoking way.

What is your interpretation of the "dark side", Snowglobe? Is it anyone who doesn't march lockstep with your belief? Are you not open to alternative dinar profit pathways, especially in light of SEVEN LONG years of hearing the "RV now" mantra said every single day? What exactly does it take for you to begin to realize there may not be a fabled RV, and maybe, just maybe, we might make some profit over a slower pathway of dinar revalue? I'm not a lobster, but I am a believer in slow growth and profit in the dinar. I guess that makes me an "enemy" ?

Frankly I am offended that you think that I do not like anyone that quote"marches to what I believe in lockstep"   PFFT 

As far as open.....you say you are friends with some that have been gone for months, yet you are only showing being a member here for a short time.......before you throw stones, know what that person stands for....ask with respect if you do not know. 

You obviously do not know what I stand for, nor do you seem to take the time to read any of my past posts to find out, or at least ask in a NON condescending tone.   

• Upvote 1