Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What I heard

GregHi

Greg,

I always enjoy what you add here on DV.  I hope your contact is wrong on this.  For many years now I have wondered if Iraq might be better off divided into 3 nation states as the different religious factions are unable to get along.  For the present time though I believe Iraq needs to stay united to move into a better future.

If the Kurds tried to forcibly remove Abadi, IMO this world throw the entire country into a civil war.  This would not be good for anyone, (with the exception of perhaps Iran).  I can’t believe that Biden would approve of a plan like this.  Great progress is being made in the battle against ISIS in the ME, and a civil war in the region would only strengthen the position ISIS has created for itself.

I am more inclined to think that Abadi is removing himself from any Dawa party involvement and of course any link to Malaki.  The restructuring of the GOI is necessary and we may see some new elections in the future.  (and perhaps we won’t, this is Iraq after all)

I believe the US as well as the world financial entities such as the IMF, World Bank, BIS etc. stand behind Abadi and Iraq, and together  they are helping plan the path for Iraq to be able to stand on their own in the future.

If the plan really included the removal of Abadi by the Kurds you wouldn’t see these entities making the financial commitments they are making to Iraq knowing that the area would soon be engaged in a civil war.

I doubt The Kurds, Sunni’s and Shite’s will ever fully get along for any length of time.  They are all probably always plotting about how they might get the upper hand over the others.  Perhaps that is what your friend’s contacts are doing.  Otherwise we may see a civil war at the same time ISIS is doing their evil works, and that will IMO reduce the odds of any type of monetary movement in Iraq to about zero for the near term.

JMO……again thanks for all the great posts on this thread.

• Upvote 8

There are days when I get up and read some of the post on what is transpiring and I say, "man we are finally wrapping this up". Then there is days like today when I read this stuff and say "man I hope we can get this wrapped up. I can not do 8 more year". 

• Upvote 5

After reading all of this I am totally lost as to where this goes.  I felt after being in this for years I would have a good idea as to where we were on this.  I was pumped, and still am, about the people pushing to get the GOI stright.  My concern is that if Albadi does not get his government in place and does go that we fall right back into Maliki hands and we are right back to year 1.  

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

After reading all of this I am totally lost as to where this goes.  I felt after being in this for years I would have a good idea as to where we were on this.  I was pumped, and still am, about the people pushing to get the GOI stright.  My concern is that if Albadi does not get his government in place and does go that we fall right back into Maliki hands and we are right back to year 1.  

Oh Chuck,

Let's pray and hope that won't be the case.......I don't know how much more my liver can take having whiskey drinks from reading scoops like this....

:praying::cheesehead::facepalm3::praying:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CaptainBVI said:

Agreed, Freedomwish.

We need this to come to resolution prior to my, "Check Liver" light coming on...

I know what you mean. I started detoxing in the morning with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. It is a prep for me to handle the afternoon dinar check in, that will drive you to drink. I figure it will give me 10 more years of which I am hoping 9 plus years will have me enjoying my new found wealth.   

• Upvote 3

Thank you KristiD, Coorslite and others.. I posted this in another forum and feel it is appropriate here as well.

I relay what my friend says because he brings info that I feel is raw from his primarily Kurdish friends and what they are working on or thinking. I try to reiterate that this is coming from the Kurdish side which may or may not pan out overall but it is what being discussed with that sect. Combine that info along with my friends unique perspective and experience and I feel it's an insight that is worth sharing. Here are personal details about my friend.. He is from Erbil originally, he worked for the DOD as a translator from 2003 to 2010 with the army. Spending most of those 7 years working with a delta force group of 4 in a safe house in tikrit. The 4 delta force and himself were even guarded by about 30 pershmega troops in the middle of a busy area of tikrit. My friend does not come to these forums or read the news that we read. His info is gathered from his friends that he talks to back home. He did say that the pershmega guards the green zone, but maybe that has changed to a more diverse force since he has left and maybe he doesn't know. Sometimes what he shares leaves me scratching my head because it contradicts what we are hearing but I share it anyway because it might end up being right or I find out that the Kurds were intending to do exactly what my friend said they wanted to do. So I guess what I am trying to say is, take his info with a grain of salt. It is coming from one sect and his personal experience from being there for 7 years with the Army, 6 years ago and growing up in Erbil. I feel we are in for a wild ride here soon. We shall wee what happens.

Edited by GregHi
  • Upvote 8

GregHi, thanks for the info.  I have been following this to see where it goes.  It is just like you said, if it happens then we have a solid contact. Not that everything he says will happen, but it is a solid contact with a Kurdish view point. Thanks again.   

• Upvote 4

Greg, No worries here buddy. I for one do appreciate your effort to bring this to us. I also understand how info is relayed and things get lost or changed in translation. I hope most of the new ones here understand as well. Greg is right, take it with a grain of salt, sift through it with all of the other news/info presented by Yota and the others. Somewhere in the middle is the truth and I too agree we are about to be in for a wild ride.

Greg, This is for you sir !! :salute::tiphat:

• Upvote 2

GregHi,

My first three whiskey shots will be in your name at happy hour tonight - it is a wild ride out there, we all just have to wait to see how this thing will play out.:facepalm:

Thanks dude. :cheesehead:

Chuck and CaptainBVI, my fourth and fifth whiskey shots will be for ya'll - I'll be in La La land later tonight that perhaps it'll ease my anxiety from all this lol :rocking-chair: 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Freedomwish said:

GregHi,

My first three whiskey shots will be in your name at happy hour tonight - it is a wild ride out there, we all just have to wait to see how this thing will play out.:facepalm:

Thanks dude. :cheesehead:

Chuck and CaptainBVI, my fourth and fifth whiskey shots will be for ya'll - I'll be in La La land later tonight that perhaps it'll ease my anxiety from all this lol :rocking-chair: 

Freedomwish, you are speaking my language. Whiskey is my drink of choice. Preferably crown royal black and Coke!! 

Cheers!!

• Upvote 2

GregHi, ditto here bro, I appreciate one who sticks their neck out and goes against the grain for the good of the whole. One thing  I will say is the details you bring are NOT in the guru pile of BS and as you say "you are but a messenger" with a credible source who has been there and worked there. 

Thanks for what you bring to the table and keep it coming cause yes, I'm intrigued and will follow you down this path my friend.:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

I have so enjoyed this thread (all 16 pages LOL).  Thanks for pointing out his perspective, Greg.  I think you mentioned he doesn't believe we will ever see an RV, so his willingness to give information is amazing.  Maybe you can convince him to spend a little bit on dinar for just in case - would love to see him pleasantly surprised!!

• Upvote 2

Shedagal, it's not really that he didn't  believe it will ever RV, he just knows how corrupt all the politicians are, so he doesn't see how they would increase the value, but he is the first to say, he doesn't know if they will or not, up until the end of last year when he heard they were trying to raise the value. And I can tell you, he has what I consider a massive amount of Dinar in his house in Erbil where his brother lives. Many many times what I have and what most people have I am sure. He was making 15k per month tax free working for the DOD for all those years, so he did pretty good for himself.. ;) He is not holding it anticipating an RV, he's just holding it because people don't trust banks.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, GregHi said:

Shedagal, it's not really that he didn't  believe it will ever RV, he just knows how corrupt all the politicians are, so he doesn't see how they would increase the value, but he is the first to say, he doesn't know if they will or not, up until the end of last year when he heard they were trying to raise the value. And I can tell you, he has what I consider a massive amount of Dinar in his house in Erbil where his brother lives. Many many times what I have and what most people have I am sure. He was making 15k per month tax free working for the DOD for all those years, so he did pretty good for himself.. ;) He is not holding it anticipating an RV, he's just holding it because people don't trust banks.

I know where he is coming from. After all of this I do not trust banks, brokers, or government. That is why I am OSI.  

• Upvote 6

GregHi,

Thank you.  I very much appreciate the information you provide in this thread.

Unlike others "in the know" that "provide info", you my dear man, actually know your source. 

(IMHO there are 3-sides to every tale: yours, mine and what actually happened).  What you choose to believe, is your choice.  I'm gonna go with GregHi, Yota and Adam.

Thanks again to all. God's morning everyone!  :D

• Upvote 3