Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What I heard

GregHi

FYI,

Yota has posted several articles over the last few days confirming the Kurds are in town for meetings to discuss points of contention.

Below is a small portion of one of the articles I copied-n-pasted....

See Highlighted Section at The End to Confirm Kurds Are In Town:

Says MP Salim Shawki, a member of the legal committee of parliamentary, that "the most important priorities of the House of Representatives in the next legislative term is the legislation of the amnesty law after obtaining the recent substantial convergence of views between the various political blocs when reduced exceptions, which were hampering passed, to only seven ".

He adds Shawki told the "term" that "the Federal Court Act will occupy the second stage in the hierarchy of the concerns of the Parliament during the next chapter because it arrived at the stage of voting."He pointed out that "the coming days there will be talks between the national and Kurdish coalitions to agree on some points of contention".

As GregHi stated, you may not read about certain meetings being attended, but here is confirmation Kurds are in town for discussions.

:peace:

Thank you brokerkeith!!

• Upvote 2

FYI,

Yota has posted several articles over the last few days confirming the Kurds are in town for meetings to discuss points of contention.

Below is a small portion of one of the articles I copied-n-pasted....

See Highlighted Section at The End to Confirm Kurds Are In Town:

Says MP Salim Shawki, a member of the legal committee of parliamentary, that "the most important priorities of the House of Representatives in the next legislative term is the legislation of the amnesty law after obtaining the recent substantial convergence of views between the various political blocs when reduced exceptions, which were hampering passed, to only seven ".

He adds Shawki told the "term" that "the Federal Court Act will occupy the second stage in the hierarchy of the concerns of the Parliament during the next chapter because it arrived at the stage of voting."He pointed out that "the coming days there will be talks between the national and Kurdish coalitions to agree on some points of contention".

As GregHi stated, you may not read about certain meetings being attended, but here is confirmation Kurds are in town for discussions.

:peace:

I will say it, I am impressed with GregHi's information.  Thanks again GregHi and brokerkeith!

I will say it, I am impressed with GregHi's information.  Thanks again GregHi and brokerkeith!

Thanks drj!! Just like everyone else here, just lucky to have a friend that is so well connected especially from the Kurdish side.. I don't go back to work till tomorrow night and that's when I will see my friend. If he has any more news I will relay it, but hopefully this is so close to being over that I wouldn't have time to report any news anyway before we are all at the banks.. ;)

• Upvote 6

I bought my first dinar in Nov. 2010 and joined this site in Spring 2011.  So I've ridden the roller coaster along with others on here.  I have never believed it would not occur (I would have sold out and moved on).  And I know we get excited when we get a glimmer of hope.  But I believe the time is now, and I appreciate you sharing this, GregHi, especially in the atmosphere of so many becoming weary.

Thanks shedagal!! I bought my 1st dinars in April of 2004, joined a couple of other sites around 2010 or 2011. I always believed in the possibility of the RV, but was a realist and some viewed me as a pessimist when I would bring up the possibility of it loping. I just tried to look at it from all sides. I have known my Kurdish friend for about 5 or 6 years now but didn't really talk to him all that much about the dinar until about 6 months ago. He is a more negative person than me, about Iraq, the Government, etc. so when he changed his tune around Thanksgiving and told me that he had gotten a call from a friend of his describing they were planning to raise the exchange rate of the dinar and they had 2 months to Get it done, it got my attention. If he changed his attitude about the possible RV that quickly, I knew he heard something for real. He had nothing to gain, as a matter of fact, in telling me what he heard, he kind of made himself look bad because he was so negative about Iraq and the whole RV idea from the start. So here we are.. I think the GOI vote is about to happen then implementation.. My friend thinks the last few chain of events will happen quickly, so we shall see!!

• Upvote 3

Thanks shedagal!! I bought my 1st dinars in April of 2004, joined a couple of other sites around 2010 or 2011. I always believed in the possibility of the RV, but was a realist and some viewed me as a pessimist when I would bring up the possibility of it loping. I just tried to look at it from all sides. I have known my Kurdish friend for about 5 or 6 years now but didn't really talk to him all that much about the dinar until about 6 months ago. He is a more negative person than me, about Iraq, the Government, etc. so when he changed his tune around Thanksgiving and told me that he had gotten a call from a friend of his describing they were planning to raise the exchange rate of the dinar and they had 2 months to Get it done, it got my attention. If he changed his attitude about the possible RV that quickly, I knew he heard something for real. He had nothing to gain, as a matter of fact, in telling me what he heard, he kind of made himself look bad because he was so negative about Iraq and the whole RV idea from the start. So here we are.. I think the GOI vote is about to happen then implementation.. My friend thinks the last few chain of events will happen quickly, so we shall see!!

DId he say why they have to raise the exchange rate within 2 months?

DId he say why they have to raise the exchange rate within 2 months?

No. And it wasn't 2 months to raise the rate, it was to submit the proposal to Baghdad, which is why they had the meeting yesterday. (So they did it in about 1 and 1/2 months). For some reason he kept saying that which led me to believe they are on some kind of timeline to get all of this going in a certain order maybe??? I also asked him if he was sure that the dinar we hold would go up in value and not be a lop type of scenario and he confirmed the dinars we hold will increase in value.. He didn't know how much or when, but he assumed once they met in Baghdad, (yesterday) things would happen quickly after that.

Edited by GregHi
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for yourr honesty GregHi!

Many years we here have heard many stories from those living in the middle east, myself included (kuwait). Many rumors and excitement which mostly ended and the 'Intel' faded into a rumor.

It is always refreshing to hear an honest story that actually may be supported by news articles.

Regardless of the level of involvement your contact has, he is no doubt changed by it and has become a dinarian!

If the people and govt of Iraq believe they can and should recover from these years of despotic leadership and become wealthy once more, they will succeed.

Dubai was nothing but desert 20 years ago now it is an integral hub of economy and business for the entire region.

So shall Iraq be in our lifetime ( crossed fingers emoji ?!)

Once a year rant over hehehe

GO RV!!!

• Upvote 1

HA! I knew that there was a good vibe about you! I bought IQD for the first time in November 2004.  

Edited by drj
  • Upvote 1