Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Vikings!!!

moose 57

Watching the game, witnessing the villainous call, I simply could not watch.

Hitting pause, I went outside, desperate to immerse myself in labor intensive yard work, determined to ignore the reality of my beloved Hawk's fighting the oppression of corrupted officials yet again.

Suddenly, the air was filled with noise.

Fireworks being set off all around the neighborhood.

I was both shocked and horrified.

It could be only one thing.

There was no possible way my Hawks could have scored after the two point lead from the Vikings field goal.

How could there be so many despicable traitors among us?

Perish the thought, were there REALLY so many turncoats living here?

Say it ain't so, those evil conniving feckless dolts, enjoying the abundant intellectualism, moderate weather, and natural beauty we graciously share with the world in Washington State.

Finally, no longer able to resist the primal force, I dejectedly returned to that flat screen on the wall, knowing it was my duty to bleed with my team.

Cursing the Benedict Arnold's in my community, as the fireworks continued to go off all around me while I closed the backdoor, resignedly pushing the pause button to watch "the deed" which would end our season and accept the pain and humiliation of defeat.

Fast forward through the preparations, hit play, what's this?

Is that Pete Carol celebrating???

AARRGGHH.. I went too far, BACK UP BACK UP!!!

heheh...hahahahahaha.....   what one malicious, black hearted official tried to steal, fate took back, and in doing so, imposed eternal damnation and a purgatory of endless "what if's" on the Vikings, or, at least until NEXT season.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!

We got some other birds to pluck next week!

by the way, cute pic, but now that poor Lille Tike is gonna need some therapy.....  you might want to send him to relatives in Washington... they'll show him how to WIN...

• Upvote 1

LOL, a psycho couple for sure.

Watching that set and kick over and over, it was as bizarre as  Hawk's bowl interception loss with a pass called on the 2 yard line.

I remember being at a Superbowl party, we were already celebrating, it was a huge potluck at a local tavern and folks were already setting  fireworks off in the parking lot.

When the interception happened no one spoke for the longest time.

I felt this wave start at the back of my neck and went numb.

I'll never forget that feeling of having the victory ripped away due to a simple, stupid, mistake, how the hell could Carol allow that play call..

I know not just Minnesota, but the entire mid-west, is hurting.

I'm just really, really, really, glad it isn't me this time.

We spent over a decade as one of the bottom teams in the NFL.

My son and I were actually on TV once, we were the only two left in an entire section of the stadium, huddled together, wearing Hawks ponchos under an umbrella in driving rain, and it was still the 3rd quarter.

The Hawks were getting beat up so bad almost everyone else had left.

I'll tease folks, but it's only in good natured fun.

Bring an ex-Ram man, then Hawks, I spent more years rooting for the underdog than anything else.

• Upvote 1

Had no skin in that game, but I was rooting for the Vikes since they haven't gotten close to NFL glory in a while.  Gotta feel bad for the kicker....he was a scoring machine until that last chippy.   :(   Shades of Scott Norwood.  

GO RV, then BV

Shades of Gary Anderson for us in 1998 all over again! 

In Blairs defense- he scored all the points for the Vikes. 

• Upvote 1

Bring an ex-Ram man, then Hawks, I spent more years rooting for the underdog than anything else.

Too bad traitor !

In this house (in the middle of Raider territory) we are die hard, unapologetic Rams fans:  "Once a Rams fan - always a Rams fan!"  Did you not take the blood oath?  If you didn't, you were never really a Rams fan, just an observer.  BUT, if you had taken the blood oath you would remember the Latin chant; 'EST ENIM CALIX SANGUINIS IN' as you supped from the Edward Thorp Memorial Trophy.

Or, as we say in the hood, "BLOOD IN - BLOOD OUT".

It's probably best that you were never, really an official Rams fan...  the Republic needs your talents.  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Too bad traitor !

In this house (in the middle of Raider territory) we are die hard, unapologetic Rams fans:  "Once a Rams fan - always a Rams fan!"  Did you not take the blood oath?  If you didn't, you were never really a Rams fan, just an observer.  BUT, if you had taken the blood oath you would remember the Latin chant; 'EST ENIM CALIX SANGUINIS IN' as you supped from the Edward Thorp Memorial Trophy.

Or, as we say in the hood, "BLOOD IN - BLOOD OUT".

It's probably best that you were never, really an official Rams fan...  the Republic needs your talents.  :salute:

love it.

I stayed true, until they abandoned us.

New Orleans really messed them up.

They are our nemesis up here, which makes that little nagging seed of guilt get pounded when the Hawks win.  lol

Do you remember that hail Mary to the end zone against New England, Ram's were in Angeles Stadium for home game, 1985, time runs out when the pass was in the air, we had it, but the Patriots actually wanted, and took it away.

I drove home to HB from the game in numb shock.

Dang rams, they self-destructed...again.

I think it was the blue/gold switch, just wasn't right..

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2

The Kansas City Chiefs won Super Bowl IV, in 1970 (1969 season played in 1/70) when I was 6 years old.  That year my dad and his buddies had season tickets and us kids were members of the Huddle Club.  The Club was started by Lamar Hunt to mold children into lifelong Chiefs fans and it certainly worked on me.  We had stickers, pictures, t-shirt, autograph book, and even better $1 GA tickets.  One of the endzones was just for kids Huddle Club seating (imagine that in this day and age!!!) and we went to every game that year.  I remember being so excited thinking I would get to go to the Super Bowl.  Turned out that my dad and his buddies got tickets that year ($12 each), but none for us kids.  I remember being disappointed when my dad told me the Super Bowl trip to New Orleans was just for adults and that I would get my chance to go when I was older.

That was 46 years ago and I have reminded my dad every year that I am still waiting on my chance.  Who knows, perhaps this is the year my dad was finally right.  GO CHIEFS!

• Upvote 2