Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Coolgardie Gold Mining trip MLK weekend trip

SocalDinar

Well we are heading out to Barstow CA on the 14,15,16 th, 17th and 18th to do some AU digging. I am inviting DV members to come out and play in the dirt. You are welcome to prospect on my 20 acres ( nugget alley ) and there are plenty of other unclaimed lands nearby. Plenty of Off roading trails and space to shoot till you can't shoot no more. Approx 20 miles North of Barstow CA.  If it rains this week you might need to bring your recirculating sluices. Other wise  drywashing is best. Huge magnetite's, hematite's and lodestones make metal detecting a bit tricky  There is a large club that will be out that weekend so it should be a lot of fun.  Could be in the high 20s at night so bring plenty of firewood and a fire permit.

Pot Luck on Saturday night 5 PM. I will be in my Toy hauler and my mine is within walking distance of the main camping area. get back to me with contact info if you are interested. and I'll email you directions.

Cell phones are spotty at best so satellite phones are recommended but only if you gotta make that call LOL.

You keep all the gold you dig up !!

• Upvote 3

I received your Email Dewitte

Got your number and will call you Saturday

What do you ride,, dirt bikes ???

I'll be bringing mine along with my Polaris RZR

If it's to wet to mine we will be exploring the area

I have a recirculating sluice but you really can't

Process much dirt with these systems.

• Upvote 1

Thought I would post a couple of videos of what the differences of dry washing and Recirculating sluices. You can compare  the amounts of materiel you can process.  Also when recirculating you need to haul a lot of water. Easily need to bring along  100 gallons as it gets dirty and clogged fast

Recirculating.Notice the small amounts of materiel being process.d

I  will bring a Keene 151 blower type drywasher which helps dry the materiel a bit and you can shovel as fast as you can into this model.This videp shows  a 12 V Keene 12 12 model which I  will bring along also .  It runs less materiel than the 151 but is fairly quiet.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Socal. If I were closer to your region I would join you.

A friend of mine is a geologist and really into AU and all things

metals, diamonds, rocks, dirt, etc. He is brilliant with mapping

and has targeted a few areas on the east coast that he is certain

contain diamonds because of finding I guess the kimberlite

deposits, etc. I do not know much about it, but his research is

interesting. He has also found some AU nuggets in some streams

around our area.

Thanks also for the vids, good stuff!

• Upvote 1

Dwitte I sent you all the info  AUdigger here is the link to where we are at. This map shows directions from Barstow

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Barstow,+CA/35.1060037,-117.06587/@35.1048272,-117.066473,756m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m5!1m1!1s0x80c470434c549455:0x1b412c332aefe277!2m2!1d-117.0172826!2d34.8957957!1m0

This is the area the Club camps at.  I am within 200 yards of this camp site to the South West. I have a 20 FT Titan Toyhauler with a White  F-350 ext  cab with some tool boxes on them.

You are always welcome Jim if you ever get out this way