Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Guns topping Christmas lists thanks to terrorism concerns, fear over restrictions

The convergence of fears over terrorism, a perceived threat of gun laws being changed and the Christmas holiday have sent gun sales soaring in what is already the busiest month of the year for firearm purchases.

Guns are at the top of many Christmas lists, especially if November is any indication.

Last month, the FBI ran more than 2.2 million firearm background checks on potential buyers, a 24 percent increase from November 2014. On Black Friday, a record 185,345 background checks were processed by the FBI.

Giving a gun as a gift to another person within your own state is allowed under federal law, and in many states, the recipient is not required to get a background check.

Sales of gun accessories have also spiked as firearm retailers have seen the biggest demand since President Obama's re-election in 2012.

http://www.today.com/news/guns-topping-christmas-lists-thanks-terrorism-concerns-fear-over-restrictions-t63321

share link
Gun sales on the rise this holiday seasonPLAY VIDEO

• Upvote 4

When one of my sons fell in love with a young lady raised by hard core dems, I believed the polar opposites wouldn't last.

When they were married I thought the paradox would kill me.

After I got to know her a little, her sincerity touched my heart.

I saw the bond those two kids shared, I accepted they were fused together so completely, and realized they will be together long after I am gone.

I promised I would never speak about politics at family gatherings, and kept my word, I didn't even say anything about the huge 18" round obama '08 sticker her parents still proudly display on their fridge.

This was the challenge that was laid on my shoulders.

I couldn't hide my activism, wouldn't even consider trying if I could, and I only promised to never "directly" mention politics.

Then, a remarkable thing happened.

My daughter-in-law began to see.

My "boy" is 6'6", played college and semi-pro football, and is now a football coach at a local high school.

He doesn't just think conservatism is a nice idea, he lives it.

Anytime we are out together, kids he is either coaching, or had coached, are everywhere, and are always coming up to chat.

The respect and appreciation those kids have for his idealism and commitment is unmistakable, his influence will have a positive effect on them for the rest of their lives.

But I digress.

Soon, she began to realize the hypocrisy from both "sides".

Their first year together was her last year of college.

As the liberal brainwashing from her childhood and four years living on campus began to wear off, she has traveled through some very important personal crossroads as she is continuing to define herself.

Over time, she has questioned me about conservatism vs establishment RINOS.

I'm sure I offered as unbiased an opinion as is possible for me to offer.

While she still hasn't said anything to her parents, I believe she did register republican.

Then, something I never thought I would see, after all, her whole life she was taught how evil "they" were, she agreed to attend a "handgun 101" coarse.

I was so happy I bought an extra class so my son could be with her to help her through the process.

Please understand, this is a woman who, during one of the first conversations we ever had, emphatically declared "there will NEVER be a gun in MY home, EVER!!"

My silence was I think due more to total shock by the energy in her statement, than the statement itself.

Very soon, she will realize that if she walks into a gun store, she will not be attacked by demons, the earth will in fact keep spinning, there will be no tattooed convicts high on drugs hiding in the corners, and not one of the weapons on any of the shelves, racks, or cases will draw try to take her out.

When she leaves the three hour class, she will have spent at least 1 1/2 hours actually firing multiple guns, and will have at least a basic understanding.

Far more importantly, she will be empowered to never be a helpless victim.

I have come to love her as a daughter, and honestly could not imagine not seeing those two together.

I'd be proud to buy her first CC weapon, whatever caliber she wants.

Just as soon as she is ready.

This, actually, is my most excellent true Christmas Story for 2015.

Thanks, Bigwave, for giving me a chance to share....DM

• Upvote 12

Sir I salute you...you kept your peace when it was sooo very difficult. If you had spoke out, she may never of seen the light.

I wish your family a blessed New Year!!!!

When one of my sons fell in love with a young lady raised by hard core dems, I believed the polar opposites wouldn't last.

When they were married I thought the paradox would kill me.

After I got to know her a little, her sincerity touched my heart.

I saw the bond those two kids shared, I accepted they were fused together so completely, and realized they will be together long after I am gone.

I promised I would never speak about politics at family gatherings, and kept my word, I didn't even say anything about the huge 18" round obama '08 sticker her parents still proudly display on their fridge.

This was the challenge that was laid on my shoulders.

I couldn't hide my activism, wouldn't even consider trying if I could, and I only promised to never "directly" mention politics.

Then, a remarkable thing happened.

My daughter-in-law began to see.

My "boy" is 6'6", played college and semi-pro football, and is now a football coach at a local high school.

He doesn't just think conservatism is a nice idea, he lives it.

Anytime we are out together, kids he is either coaching, or had coached, are everywhere, and are always coming up to chat.

The respect and appreciation those kids have for his idealism and commitment is unmistakable, his influence will have a positive effect on them for the rest of their lives.

But I digress.

Soon, she began to realize the hypocrisy from both "sides".

Their first year together was her last year of college.

As the liberal brainwashing from her childhood and four years living on campus began to wear off, she has traveled through some very important personal crossroads as she is continuing to define herself.

Over time, she has questioned me about conservatism vs establishment RINOS.

I'm sure I offered as unbiased an opinion as is possible for me to offer.

While she still hasn't said anything to her parents, I believe she did register republican.

Then, something I never thought I would see, after all, her whole life she was taught how evil "they" were, she agreed to attend a "handgun 101" coarse.

I was so happy I bought an extra class so my son could be with her to help her through the process.

Please understand, this is a woman who, during one of the first conversations we ever had, emphatically declared "there will NEVER be a gun in MY home, EVER!!"

My silence was I think due more to total shock by the energy in her statement, than the statement itself.

Very soon, she will realize that if she walks into a gun store, she will not be attacked by demons, the earth will in fact keep spinning, there will be no tattooed convicts high on drugs hiding in the corners, and not one of the weapons on any of the shelves, racks, or cases will draw try to take her out.

When she leaves the three hour class, she will have spent at least 1 1/2 hours actually firing multiple guns, and will have at least a basic understanding.

Far more importantly, she will be empowered to never be a helpless victim.

I have come to love her as a daughter, and honestly could not imagine not seeing those two together.

I'd be proud to buy her first CC weapon, whatever caliber she wants.

Just as soon as she is ready.

This, actually, is my most excellent true Christmas Story for 2015.

Thanks, Bigwave, for giving me a chance to share....DM

• Upvote 7

Sir I salute you...you kept your peace when it was sooo very difficult. If you had spoke out, she may never of seen the light.

I wish your family a blessed New Year!!!!

And I wish the same on you, Snow.

May God Bless You, each and every day, in perpetuity.

As I do for every member here on DV.

Merry Christmas

• Upvote 5

Who are we kidding. we love being able to tell the wife I need another gun hahahahahaha

Gotta keep you safe baby.

Now lets shop  !!!!!

WHOOO  HOO   !!!!!!!

Even better, get one for her.  We went out so she could try several different models for carrying and she fixed on the Glock 43.  Won’t be a surprise when she unwraps it, but will still be a mighty fine Christmas present.  And since it is our first 9mm, now I will get to.... errrr, have to find a 9mm that I like.  Win win in my book.

• Upvote 4

i actually gave my daughter a Bersa thunder .380 for her birthday this year. she has taken the class and received her cc license .

she also received from me enough practice ammo and self protection ammo to practice on my range anytime she wants !

guns for everybody! upstanding citizens of course!

• Upvote 3

Sweet !!!!!!

I have 2 of those but in 45 colt

I love single actions.

I have a terrible cowboy fetish 

saddle in the living room

large loop lever action 45-70

coach gun

I dont know how mrs dog puts up with it. 

yee haa

I've never been able to gain the accuracy in double action.

All my handguns are DA, but always use the 6 shooters in SA.

Especially my S&W .44 mag.

Is a 29A, 4" barrel, great CC, and excellent for good stopping power in case I meet any wolves or bear when  packing the kill back to camp.

The autos are better DA, but I wouldn't pack with a round in the hole.

• Upvote 3

I bought my first handgun a few months ago. :) S&W M&P40c. I received my CHL last Wednesday.  It took FOREVER for them to process the paperwork.

106303_01_md.jpg

I got a sticky holster as a Christmas present to myself. :lol:

LG_6_Short__27159.1446414942.1280.1280.p

Oh, and I bought the holster today and the Gun Store was packed! :lol:

• Upvote 3

Guess I'm following the trend - bought the wife this for Christmas.

9mm, 12 +1,  22-oz. polymer frame, thin profile and 3.2" barrell

Even better, get one for her.  We went out so she could try several different models for carrying and she fixed on the Glock 43.  Won’t be a surprise when she unwraps it, but will still be a mighty fine Christmas present.  And since it is our first 9mm, now I will get to.... errrr, have to find a 9mm that I like.  Win win in my book.

Merry Christmas to meeee

i actually gave my daughter a Bersa thunder .380 for her birthday this year. she has taken the class and received her cc license .

she also received from me enough practice ammo and self protection ammo to practice on my range anytime she wants !

guns for everybody! upstanding citizens of course!

Sweet !!!!!!

I bought my first handgun a few months ago. :) S&W M&P40c. I received my CHL last Wednesday.  It took FOREVER for them to process the paperwork.

Tis definitely the season.

Got a S&W 9mm model 469 for the youngest at Thanksgiving

Oldest wanted a Ruger .38 auto, don't remember model.

Celebrate freedom, exercise your 2nd.

pluses to all

• Upvote 3

Been looking at the Military Armored Vehicles Auction websites lately - some better than others and Armor dating back to WWI - although these are a rare find. Some in desperate need of care all the way up to VERY workable/serviceable armored Vehicles.

Of course they'll say the vehicle has been rendered incapable of firing live rounds - yeah sure, anything you say.  ;) 

There's no such thing as too much firepower ! Say hello to MY little friend.

• Upvote 2

Sweet !!!!!!

I love single actions.

I have a terrible cowboy fetish 

saddle in the living room

large loop lever action 45-70

coach gun

I dont know how mrs dog puts up with it. 

yee haa

I'm like you dog. I do Indian War reenactments.  I've done the Little Big Horn reenactment for the last 5 years.

I have the European Arms America Bounty Hunter in .45 LC for my sidearm. Full cavalry uniform to 1872 spec - with just enough "field changes" to look campaign authentic. Full 1872 McClellan saddle, Model 1860 light cavalry saber and next on the list is a Springfield Model 1873 - the wife just doesn't know that yet.

If anyone out there is looking to join us - this is the 140th anniversary of the battle this year.  This Battle has also been called Custer's Last Stand and the Battle of the Greasy Grass. Here is a link for more information.

http://www.littlebighornreenactment.com/

I actually help with an 8 day school that is designed to take someone who has never ridden a horse and get them to the level where they can at least do some small part in the reenactment. We also do a full historical battlefield ride - and yes, we actually ride on land that Custer and his command rode on. In fact, we camp on the same land across the Minneconjou ford where part of the Sioux village was located.

Come one down!

Pop Quiz - how many cavalry sabers did Custer have with his command?

• Upvote 3

106303_01_md.jpg

I got a sticky holster as a Christmas present to myself. :lol:

LG_6_Short__27159.1446414942.1280.1280.p

Oh, and I bought the holster today and the Gun Store was packed! :lol:

Congrats on the first handgun!  Now, you need to purchase a 12 gun or larger gun safe for your future purchases :rolleyes:  Might as well keep buying - they're better than Krugerrands as an investment.  

This is just unbelievable!

11138066_10202816710059180_7430248218508

Heck the state even looks like a gun...sorta...

• Upvote 2

Goooood morning DV ! Merry Christmas ! This year has been special to me especially after my daughter was able to survive a head injury after taking a very bad spill off her horse. I greatly appreciated all of your prayers and support during those trying times. Starr will be able to start back to school after the holidays. For Christmas she wants to get her DL and so my wife and I have purchased a driving school for her, good Lord please help us all ! ...........Well I bought my wife a S&W M&P 38 Bodyguard and she bought me a S&W M&P 40 cal , I really hope that she never finds me in her sights, heck she shoots better than me...LOL ! Merry Christmas and let's all have a great and prosperous New Year !

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I've never been able to gain the accuracy in double action.

All my handguns are DA, but always use the 6 shooters in SA.

Especially my S&W .44 mag.

Is a 29A, 4" barrel, great CC, and excellent for good stopping power in case I meet any wolves or bear when  packing the kill back to camp.

The autos are better DA, but I wouldn't pack with a round in the hole.

DiveMaster - Thanks for the post. Sorry, I could only give you 1 plus so will give you some

• Upvote 1

Goooood morning DV ! Merry Christmas ! This year has been special to me especially after my daughter was able to survive a head injury after taking a very bad spill off her horse. I greatly appreciated all of your prayers and support during those trying times. Starr will be able to start back to school after the holidays. For Christmas she wants to get her DL and so my wife and I have purchased a driving school for her, good Lord please help us all ! ...........Well I bought my wife a S&W M&P 38 Bodyguard and she bought me a S&W M&P 40 cal , I really hope that she never finds me in her sights, heck she shoots better than me...LOL ! Merry Christmas and let's all have a great and prosperous New Year !

The Tackleberry love scene comes to mind...

• Upvote 3

The Tackleberry love scene comes to mind...

it was the tie that got her....roflmao.

DiveMaster - Thanks for the post. Sorry, I could only give you 1 plus so will give you some .

Spoken like a man that own one as well.

Honestly, they are the most ascetically balanced machines ever produced.... just be sure to hold on with both hands..

• Upvote 2