Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" tackles racism, misogyny, men’s “daddy issues”

umbertino

December 18 2015

WARNING: PLOT SPOILER  AHEAD...PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU STILL HAVE TO WATCH MOVIE

*Minor spoiler alert ahead*

During what was arguably the most awaited film of the year, fans lined up hours before show time to catch the recently released sequel to the original Star Wars franchise. The Force Awakens follows Return of The Jedi, 30 years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire.

Though I do have a basic grasp of the series, I don't claim to be a Star Wars fanatic. Nevertheless, this film surpassed my wildest expectations. Directors always run a risk when they revive a trilogy as massively successful as the original Star Wars. The 1999 prequel left even the most devoted cult followers underwhelmed and heartbroken. The Force Awakens, however, counters that failure with a refreshing breath of action packed hilarity.

Director J.J. Abrams takes an entirely original approach in his casting, presenting a generation to fresh faces, one reflective of our diversely modern culture. The two leads, Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) are versatile, witty, and captivating. While Finn's casting caused controversy earlier in the year due to racist backlash against having a black male lead, Boyega silenced critics with his charismatic interpretation of a conflicted Stormtrooper who defies the Empire. Boyega shatters all the stereotypes of the often over-masculinized paradigms of black men we often see presented in pop culture.

He depicts a range of emotions, displaying fear of the Empire and resentment in the violence they've inflicted throughout the galaxy. Boyega successfully translates this anxiety to the audience in both his mannerism and intense gaze. Though he is bold, Finn is often times endearingly naive, at one point confessing to Han Solo that he worked in the sanitation department but hoped to bring down the evil empire by using 'the force." Han promptly responds "That's not how the force works!"

Ridley's character, on the other hand, may be the single most empowering female lead of the year. Tough, independent, and cunning, Ray is a scavenger who fights her way through Empire foot soldiers and eventually comes face to face in an epic battle with Commander Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). There was not a single scene where she required any rescuing - even beating Finn, Chewy, and Han Solo to the punch in escaping her own capturer. Ridley is reminiscent of Keira Knightley in Pirates of the Caribbean; she exerts both masculine and feminine qualities that challenge gender binaries.

She also sets a standard for upcoming Star Wars films, as it has been historically noted that women played minimal roles in the original trilogy. The New York Magazine recently published a YouTube video titled Women Don't Talk Much in Star Wars, which showed the total number of times females (with the exception of Princess Leia) spoke in the original films. While there were 386 minutes of run time for A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi - the few side characters actually played by women were only given 63 seconds of airtime. 

WARNING: PLOT SPOILERS AHEAD!

There is also something to be said about the semi-recycled storyline involving Kylo Ren, who is the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia. Ren turns to the dark side after initially training with his uncle, Luke Skywalker. However, after rejecting Skywalker's teachings he is seduced by the Empire's supreme leader, Snoke, and ends up as a Commander of the First Order. For most Star War fans there is a deja-vu quality to the plot, as it strongly resembles that of a New Hope. Ren idolizes his grandfather's power, thus explaining an eerie monologue with the burnt Darth Vader mask.

There is no doubt that susceptibility to the 'dark side' runs in the family, but it seems as though the galaxy is always on the brink of extinction because the men who run the Galactic Empire feel abandoned by their fathers. Neither Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, nor Kylo Ren could quite seem to work past the therapeutic stages of their daddy issues. Nevertheless, it's an interesting perspective to examine the dynamics of father-son relationships and the affects it has on fascism in the Star Wars universe.

All in all the film was an entertaining cinematic experience, if not for the action and humor alone.  The script is full of delightful easter eggs and throwback references for some of the more hardcore Star War fanatics. Whether you are just jumping aboard the Star Wars bandwagon, or you have been a fan for ages, The Force Awakens brings a contemporary twist to the beloved classic series.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

PG-13, 135 mins.

Directed by J. J. Abrams

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver

starwarsforceawakens520x300.jpg

Photo: official image

http://www.peoplesworld.org/star-wars-the-force-awakens-tackles-racism-misogyny-men-s-daddy-issues/

• Upvote 1

Who's your daddy?

The men of Star Wars with daddy issues.

NO!  I am your father! - Vader to Luke Skywalker

Didn't we see look earlier this year?

Dylann Storm Trooper Roof's (Luke's) daddy issues?  Daddy beat him. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3131858/Charleston-killer-Dylann-Roof-grew-fractured-home-violent-father-beat-stepmother-hired-private-detective-follow-split-claims-court-papers.html

These events are all a show on the world stage.  They are asking you "Who's your daddy?"

'They' are spiritually deadleading the dead! Yes! For your entertainment, "These events are all a show on the world stage."

Presenting the choice "who's your daddy?" This is clearly the 'predetermined thought', offered by the spirit of this world…as…`they´ are asking you..!

John 8:44―You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

'They' are as follows:

City State district of Columbia– World Military control

City State of London– World Monetary control

Vatican City State – World Religious control

Hollywood– Mind control or Sorcery

Sorcery: the art, practices, or spells of a person who is supposed to exercise supernatural powers through the aid of evil spirits; black magic; witchery.

"because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." (Eph 6:12)

'Heavenly places' here symbolize the superior ruling power or governments over the earth; Satan gives these governments their authority. (Re 13:2) Within his organization the demons also exercise ruling power. They are referred to as “the world rulers of this darkness” who have exercised authority over the world powers of history, as, for example, the invisible ‘princes’ over Persia and Greece. (Eph 6:12; Da 10:13, 20) Their ruler is, of course, the Devil himself.—Mt 12:24.

'They' are quite literally untouchable by you anyone or all of mankind; ever!…believing otherwise would be a foolish mistake.

Become true to oneself; taking in accurately knowledge to the bibles massage, before proclaiming spiritual victory over this world, Pro 18:2; John 17:3.

Your right rothsdad, is this wrong..? 

'They' are spiritually deadleading the dead! Yes! For your entertainment, "These events are all a show on the world stage."

Presenting the choice "who's your daddy?" This is clearly the 'predetermined thought', offered by the spirit of this world…as…`they´ are asking you..!

John 8:44―You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

'They' are as follows:

City State district of Columbia– World Military control

City State of London– World Monetary control

Vatican City State – World Religious control

Hollywood– Mind control or Sorcery

Sorcery: the art, practices, or spells of a person who is supposed to exercise supernatural powers through the aid of evil spirits; black magic; witchery.

"because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places." (Eph 6:12)

'Heavenly places' here symbolize the superior ruling power or governments over the earth; Satan gives these governments their authority. (Re 13:2) Within his organization the demons also exercise ruling power. They are referred to as “the world rulers of this darkness” who have exercised authority over the world powers of history, as, for example, the invisible ‘princes’ over Persia and Greece. (Eph 6:12; Da 10:13, 20) Their ruler is, of course, the Devil himself.—Mt 12:24.

'They' are quite literally untouchable by you anyone or all of mankind; ever!…believing otherwise would be a foolish mistake.

Become true to oneself; taking in accurately knowledge to the bibles massage, before proclaiming spiritual victory over this world, Pro 18:2; John 17:3.

Your right rothsdad, is this wrong..? 

I think you are spot on Fly.  The PTB are nearing their final deception.  It appears that they may attempt to try and answer the question of who's your daddy with the Black Knight Satellite. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RmSKT-9u_A

Fly, you broke down the control perfectly with the city/states of London, Vatican and Washington.  Financial, Spiritual and Military control of the west.  That is exactly what I recognized in the world events that occurred in 2012.  Twice the power structure was revealed in the US with the cities of Sanford/Aurora/Sandy Hook and in Europe in was in London/Vatican City and Benghazi. 

Spiritual-Financial-Military

And like you said, the show trickery is run through with Hollywood witchcraft. In fact Hollywood is a term for the magic wand that is used. 

I agree with what you see the  "heavenly places" to symbolize.  And the struggle is not of flesh and blood.  The struggle is with an untouchable Satan.  To me there is no physical enemy to conquer.  It is a struggle for truth.  I try not to be guided by the news and events on the television.  I watch only to see where they are trying to take us and try to show what I see as the truth. 

I suppose that there is a good reason that power has been given to Satan.  I guess everything will be revealed at some point. Thanks for the comments!

• Upvote 1

Fly, you broke down the control perfectly with the city/states of London, Vatican and Washington.  Financial, Spiritual and Military control of the west.  That is exactly what I recognized in the world events that occurred in 2012.  Twice the power structure was revealed in the US with the cities of Sanford/Aurora/Sandy Hook and in Europe in was in London/Vatican City and Benghazi. 

Spiritual-Financial-Military

And like you said, the show trickery is run through with Hollywood witchcraft. In fact Hollywood is a term for the magic wand that is used. 

I agree with what you see the  "heavenly places" to symbolize.  And the struggle is not of flesh and blood.  The struggle is with an untouchable Satan.  To me there is no physical enemy to conquer.  It is a struggle for truth.  I try not to be guided by the news and events on the television.  I watch only to see where they are trying to take us and try to show what I see as the truth. 

I suppose that there is a good reason that power has been given to Satan.  I guess everything will be revealed at some point. Thanks for the comments!

rothsdad they are your comments I answered in your search for truth, (These events are all a show on the world stage.  They are asking you "Who's your daddy?") the differences is using scriptures to uncover (reveal) truth, my referring to the control structure (this system of things) was to point to the physical control (“power”) in place keeping truth hidden (covered). By agreeing to application made of Eph 6:12, and putting the comments into your own words, accurately I may add, perhaps a sign `your΄ struggle for Truth coming up from within? For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Heb 4:12)        

It’s important to make clear the application used of the word heaven; it has different meanings for its uses depending on context. For example heaven is also Jehovah Gods home. Psalm 33:13,14“Jehovah looks down from heaven; He sees all the sons of men. From his place of residence, He gazes on the inhabitants of the earth.” Psalm 115:15,16―“May you be blessed by Jehovah, The Maker of heaven and earth. As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.”

For deeper understanding click the link: http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001949 scroll down to the subheading: Spiritual Heavens. Reference to; Eph 6:12 subheading: Passing away of former heaven and earth.

“The struggle is with an untouchable Satan. It is a struggle for truth.” Though untouchable it is important to understand Satan is a spirit being, spirit beings are a higher life form and much older than mankind (the angels were watching the creation of earth &mankind’s Job 38:6,7) and don’t kid yourself, `they´ are Powerful! Using your mind’s eye, what have you come to know of this system of things, and what do you think!?!? 

Satan once was a very high ranking angel who began to think very highly of himself, his own prideful thinking is what lead to his fall, he has since blinded the worlds thinking from knowing Truth, he does not want you find (see) Truth. And because of this/his world “It is a struggle for truth. So if, you do find (see) Truth, it will be an ongoing struggle to keep it!

This is a bit long, but, I think You will start to see the more things change the more they stay the same; in other words, Satan uses tactics that work, over and over again.

ARE THERE EVIL PERSONS IN THE SPIRIT REALM?

11 Not only does the Bible assure us that Jehovah, his Son and angels exist in the spirit realm, and that we may communicate with God by prayer. Just as reliably the Scriptures show that there are intelligent spirit persons who are now very wicked, specifically Satan and his demons.

12 Some persons feel that “the Devil” is just a carry-over from an old superstition or myth. Others think that when the Bible mentions “Satan” it is referring simply to a principle of evil.

13 However, Matthew 4:1-11 tells us of a time when Satan offered three very specific temptations to Jesus. Certainly, the Satan here referred to was no evil principle within Jesus, for the Son of God is free of evil and sin. (Hebrews 7:26; 1:8, 9) No, Satan is a real person. This is also borne out by the account at Job 1:6-12, which tells of Satan’s appearing before Jehovah.

14 But what of Satan’s origin? We know that Jehovah is the Creator of all things and that “perfect is his activity.” (Deuteronomy 32:4; Revelation 4:11) Hence, is it not logical that Satan must at one time have been an upright spirit person created by Jehovah along with other angels? How, then, did he become corrupt? James 1:14, 15 gives us a clue:

“Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin.”

15 From what has occurred among men, we know that even someone in a trusted position might see how he could misuse a situation in order to get more power. It appears that this is what occurred with one of God’s angels. Being a free moral agent, this spirit creature chose a bad course, perhaps believing that he could become like God, with humans following him. What happened is evidently comparable to the experience of a king of Tyre, as related at Ezekiel 28:1-19. This man had been in a favored position relative to ancient Israel, but he became puffed up with pride, leading to his downfall. Similarly, pride led to the ruin of the one who made himself Satan, a resister of God.

16 An understanding of Satan’s existence sheds light on the events in the garden of Eden that resulted in our being imperfect, sinners, subject to sickness and death. With his above-human intelligence, Satan used a serpent to communicate a lying, fatal proposition to Eve. (Genesis 3:1-5) Accordingly, Revelation 12:9 calls Satan “the original serpent.” And Jesus said this one did not “stand fast in the truth,” but became “the father of the lie” and a “manslayer.”—John 8:44.

17 Satan is not the only spirit creature who rebelled. The history in Genesis 6:1-3 explains that in Noah’s day some angels—perhaps stimulated by Satan’s rebellion—took on human bodies so as to have sexual pleasure with women. This was unnatural and corrupt. (Jude 6, 7) When God wiped out the wickedness on earth by a global flood, these disobedient angels returned to the spirit realm, but now on Satan’s side, as demons. (2 Peter 2:4, 5) The well-known Greek and Roman mythologies about gods that moved back and forth between heaven and earth may be distortions of the facts about the disobedient angels as reported in the Bible.

WICKED INFLUENCE FROM THE SPIRIT REALM

18 The wicked spirits are not interested in our welfare but are bent on deceiving and misleading humans, turning them away from God. The apostle Paul called Satan “the god of this system of things” who “has blinded the minds of the unbelievers” so that they might not learn the “good news” about Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:4) He has been quite successful in this.

19 One tactic that he has used is by encouraging the view that there is no Devil or Satan. He is like a criminal who spreads the idea that a crime syndicate does not exist, thus lulling persons into a false security. Another tactic is reflected in the horrible deeds committed by religious zealots—crusades, inquisitions, the blessing of warfare. These have caused many sensitive persons to turn away from Jehovah God, mistakenly thinking that the churches represent him.

20 Recall, too, that the apostle Paul said that Satan is “the god of this system of things.” Some persons scoff at the idea that Satan is maneuvering the nations. But when Satan offered Christ authority over the nations, Jesus did not deny that the Devil has power over the political kingdoms. (Luke 4:5-8) And does it not seem that there is some evil force behind world affairs today? With this in mind, read what Revelation 12:9, 12 says about Satan’s efforts. rothsdad and I would include that you start with verses 7&8 to understand `They΄ are now confined to the viscidly of the earth…the last days… 2Tim 1―But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.

To me there is no physical enemy to conquer.  Although in line with your statement here this is correct, but to leave you with something to think about as you look deeper into uncovering truth, we do share a common physical enemy– death… Because of the entry of sin into the world through Adam, death spread to all men, and it has been, as the Bible calls it, mankind’s “enemy.” 1Co 15:24-26―Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.   

I suppose that there is a good reason that power has been given to Satan.  You are right, there is a reason power has been given to Satan, unfortunately for mankind there is `not´ a good reason. We learned earlier reading Psalm 115:16 that, “As for the earth he has given to the sons of men.”  But because of Adam fallowing in Satan’s rebellion, not only did this cause sin and death to be passed onto all mankind, Adam also passed on subjection to Satan. Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.” (Gen 1:28)

But even much more important to understand than that is why, why would a loving God continue to allow Satan this power over earth…?

I try not to be guided by the news and events on the television. Although you do show a unique prospective that I view as a positive aspect to your life, I am not attuned with your personal gift of awareness; which maybe hoping / trying to make/ find some sense from the repetitious pasterns you’re perceiving, that otherwise from mankind’s perspective is completely void any sanity.

I watch only to see where they are trying to take us and try to show what I see as the truth.” With a world control system put into place over centuries and clearly the purpose of its design is for distracting and misleading, turning truth to merely the power of suggestion...

I guess everything will be revealed at some point.” Have you heard of or applied the saying to someone; they are always searching for happiness in all the wrong places, never finding real happiness. Or perhaps, they are always searching for love in all the wrong places, never finding real love? Truth is like love, when always searching in all the wrong places, could it be expected real truth will be found…?

If real `Truth´ is at some point going to be revealed to You, wouldn’t sound reasoning be saying; that that time is going to depend on You knowing what real truth is?

Think on that…awhile

Edited by Fly

Hello Fly, could you help me out with a couple of questions that I have?

You wrote

To me there is no physical enemy to conquer.  Although in line with your statement here this is correct, but to leave you with something to think about as you look deeper into uncovering truth, we do share a common physical enemy– death… Because of the entry of sin into the world through Adam, death spread to all men, and it has been, as the Bible calls it, mankind’s “enemy.” 1Co 15:24-26―Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.   

Can you give an explanation as to why death is an enemy?  I am just wondering.  I have my own thoughts on this.  Is death an enemy for mankind because it becomes more difficult for truth to be passed on.  It seems we become easier to deceive when we must rely on history books to decipher.  If Satan plays his same tricks over and over, it is easier for him to succeed.  The only reason that I think I recognize some of the tricks is because in this accelerated world the tricks are performed in a faster timeline.  I personally do not view death as an enemy because there is an afterlife.   

You wrote

I try not to be guided by the news and events on the television. Although you do show a unique prospective that I view as a positive aspect to your life, I am not attuned with your personal gift of awareness; which maybe hoping / trying to make/ find some sense from the repetitious pasterns you’re perceiving, that otherwise from mankind’s perspective is completely void any sanity.

I may be insane.  The problem that I have is that my perceptions of their scripted world narrative work.  Otherwise, I would have stopped long ago reading anything in world events and pop culture.  The problem is that if what I perceive is correct then Satan controls everything in this physical world.  The only thing that I do is just try to make my own personal relationships the best they can be. 

Why does a loving God allow Satan so much power?

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I am just guessing and I don't know.  So mankind can experience free will.  Also, to contrast good (If all mankind knows is good, then how can we know what is bad). 

You wrote

I guess everything will be revealed at some point.” Have you heard of or applied the saying to someone; they are always searching for happiness in all the wrong places, never finding real happiness. Or perhaps, they are always searching for love in all the wrong places, never finding real love? Truth is like love, when always searching in all the wrong places, could it be expected real truth will be found…?

If real `Truth´ is at some point going to be revealed to You, wouldn’t sound reasoning be saying; that that time is going to depend on You knowing what real truth is?

I am a Christian and I do believe Jesus Christ is the truth. 

Rothsdad,

Let me share a little of what I have read and experienced.

Satan is described in John 12:31 as the Ruler or Prince of this world .... (who will be judged)

He is also described in Ephesians 2:2 as the 'Prince of the Power of the Air'

The phrase “god of this world” (or “god of this age”) indicates that satan is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions.

This is not to say that he rules the world completely; God is still sovereign. But it does mean that God, in His infinite wisdom, has allowed satan to operate in this world within the boundaries God has set for him. When the Bible says satan has power over the world, we must remember that God has given him domain over unbelievers only. Believers are no longer under the rule of Satan (Colossians 1:13). Unbelievers, on the other hand, are caught "in the snare of the devil" (2 Timothy 2:26), lie in the "power of the evil one" (1 John 5:19), and are in bondage to Satan (Ephesians 2:2).

So, when the Bible says that Satan is the "god of this world," it is not saying that he has ultimate authority. It is conveying the idea that Satan rules over the unbelieving world in a specific way. In 2 Corinthians 4:4, the unbeliever follows satan's agenda: "The god of this world has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ." Satan's scheme includes promoting false philosophies in the world—philosophies that blind the unbeliever to the truth of the Gospel. Satan’s philosophies are the fortresses in which people are imprisoned, and they must be set free by Christ.

An example of one such false philosophy is the belief that man can earn God's favor by a certain act or acts. In almost every false religion, meriting God’s favor or earning eternal life is a predominant theme. Earning salvation by works, however, is contrary to biblical revelation. Man cannot work to earn God's favor; eternal life is a free gift (see Ephesians 2:8-9). And that free gift is available through Jesus Christ and Him alone (John 3:1614:6). You may ask why mankind does not simply receive the free gift of salvation (John 1:12). The answer is that satan—the god of this world—has tempted mankind to follow his pride instead. Satan sets the agenda, the unbelieving world follows, and mankind continues to be deceived. It is no wonder that Scripture calls satan a liar (John 8:44).

Another way he has tricked and deceived us is by us assuming he is a mind reader and knows our thoughts...not true, that is the reserve of God almighty and his Holy Spirit. This is why it is imperative that we pray out loud and speak scriptures with authority. Simply put, satan can't read our minds and he trembles at the Word of God. I've experienced the reality of this many times working among the animistic people of Melanesia who see spiritual meanings and actions behind everything.

• Upvote 2

rothsdad, I will help best I can with questions, finding truth will be dependent on where you turn to for your answers.

First I want to make sure I’m not being misunderstood.

Hello Fly, could you help me out with a couple of questions that I have?

You wrote

I may be insane.  The problem that I have is that my perceptions of their scripted world narrative work.  Otherwise, I would have stopped long ago reading anything in world events and pop culture.  The problem is that if what I perceive is correct then Satan controls everything in this physical world.  The only thing that I do is just try to make my own personal relationships the best they can be. 

I may be insane. Not what I meant, I apologize if you understood it that way. I meant that from my perspective; your `subconscious΄ perhaps is trying to find some sanity from an insane world of only lies.      

“The problem is that if what I perceive is correct then Satan controls everything in this physical world.

That’s right, physical world referring to man’s system of things or, Satan’s system of things as he is and has been in control of it. Satan does so primarily by promoting a spirit that governs the way that people think and act. Accordingly, Ephesians 2:2 calls the Devil “the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit [or, dominant attitude] that now operates in the sons of disobedience.” Instead of encouraging godly fear and goodness, this demonic “air” breeds rebellion against God and his standards. Satan and his demons thus promote and aggravate the evil perpetrated by humans.

Satan does not have power to control everything in this physical world; for instance, you are a physical creation, God when creating man gave him a conscience as a guide and granted him free will. Satan cannot physically control you although as you perceive, by his power over the ages has built up man’s entire world control system to project only his dominant influence over every Physical thought people see and think is true. 

God’s Word presents things as they really are, revealing Jehovah’s attributes, purposes, and commands, as well as the true state of affairs among mankind. God’s Word of truth shows what is required for one to be sanctified or made holy. Hence, Jesus could pray respecting his followers: “Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.” (Joh 17:17) Their obedience to the revealed truth of God’s Word led them into sanctification, the truth being the means by which they purified their souls. (1Pe 1:22) Thus they stood out as “no part of the world” a world, that did not adhere to God’s truth.—Joh 17:16.

As government systems are in place to provide to man’s physical security, so to the world religious system has been put into place to provide to man’s spiritual security. Is it time for asking, could this be a false since of security?    

Is having faith all that’s required?

James 2:14, 26, “What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so faith apart from works is dead.” (A person does not earn salvation by his works. But anyone who has genuine faith will have works to go with it—works of obedience to the commands of God and Christ, works that demonstrate his faith and love. Without such works, his faith is dead.)

James 2:14-17―Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it? So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead.

Matt 24:13, “He who endures to the end will be saved.” A person’s final salvation is not determined at the moment that he begins to put faith in Jesus.

Acts 16:30, 31, “‘Men, what must I do to be saved?’ And they [Paul and Silas] said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.’”

If that man and his household truly believed, would they not then act in harmony with their belief? Certainly.

Considered Matt 7: 21-29.  

The only thing that I do is just try to make my own personal relationships the best they can be.

This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.(John 17:3)

“If you keep seeking for it as for silver, And you keep searching for it as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah, And you will find the knowledge of God.” (Pro 2:4,5)

Edited by Fly
  • Upvote 3

Maybe instead of writing all these things into the script they simply wrote a good movie for a change and people read into it what they choose to see.

Remember are little discussion on the Oregon shooting back in early October?  Shooter ,Chris Mercer, or should I say Chrismaser?

The hero was Chris Mintz or should I say Chrismas?  This shooting just so happen to coincide with the release of Black Mass and the Pope's Black Mass in America?  Remember that Chris Mercer just so happen to be an Irish Catholic Republican sympathiser? Or how about how the San Bernardino shooting at a Holiday party.   And flashed on the TV screen was a Muslim woman with a baby and her husband,  a clear likeness of Joseph and Mary/Isis.

I don't think you know exactly what is going on here Bohica.

Just as a Christianity replaced the Cult of Isis as a religion,  the PTB are going to try to replace Christianity with another religion.  They are trying to be your daddy.  Entertainment is how they enter your mind. 

• Upvote 1

Jediism?  Just a movie?

The real church of Jediism - THOUSANDS believe in religion based off the Star Wars franchise
  • According to a report in Details, the church based off the Star Wars franchise has grown to include thousands of members
  • In the UK, Jediism is the seventh-largest religion. Experts estimate that there are 5,000 members in the U.S.

I had to laugh when waiting for the Star Wars the trailer for a new movie came on the screen. 

Gods of Egypt

It is all about Horus.  He is the son of Isis. 

Horus2.jpg

Horus or Heru  The Falcon

Harrison Ford -  Heru Son, flyer of the

millennium-falcon.jpg

Millennium Falcon

• Upvote 1

good to see you rothsdad bringing up Horus.. which is the son of Osiris and Isis...  Funny thing is i have a playstation 4 and play a game called "Destiny" which is heavily influenced with the occult. This last October they had an event called festival of the lost.  And what was in hollywood lights in the back ground? the pyramid and eye of horus... this game is sold to millions of kis and adults around the world.  The occult and influence from satan is everywhere. One of the biggest most popular  things in  that game is called the trials of Osiris and their next game in 2016 will focus on the story of Osiris. Now we see this movie come out called  Gods of egypt which what you have touched upon is solely focused on Horus.  I also believe CERN is a portal to bring back Horus into our dimension.  If you follow ancient egypt its so clear what they did back then.  they were decieved by no other than the fallen ones. Pagans try to mimic christians their son is the "Sun God Horus" our son is jesus christ. 

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

good to see you rothsdad bringing up Horus.. which is the son of Osiris and Isis...  Funny thing is i have a playstation 4 and play a game called "Destiny" which is heavily influenced with the occult. This last October they had an event called festival of the lost.  And what was in hollywood lights in the back ground? the pyramid and eye of horus... this game is sold to millions of kis and adults around the world.  The occult and influence from satan is everywhere. One of the biggest most popular  things in  that game is called the trials of Osiris and their next game in 2016 will focus on the story of Osiris. Now we see this movie come out called  Gods of egypt which what you have touched upon is solely focused on Horus.  I also believe CERN is a portal to bring back Horus into our dimension.  If you follow ancient egypt its so clear what they did back then.  they were decieved by no other than the fallen ones. Pagans try to mimic christians their son is the "Sun God Horus" our son is jesus christ. 

Exactly, my point easy.  Well said.  We are flooded with the imagery and symbolism.  It's everywhere.  I don't know how they propose to try to make the world accept this.  But they are going to try.  Think all the way back to what I had noticed at the beginning of this year on the Epiphany in France. 

Je Suit Charlie = Jesus Christ is a Lie

• Upvote 2

Exactly, my point easy.  Well said.  We are flooded with the imagery and symbolism.  It's everywhere.  I don't know how they propose to try to make the world accept this.  But they are going to try.  Think all the way back to what I had noticed at the beginning of this year on the Epiphany in France. 

Je Suit Charlie = Jesus Christ is a Lie

very interesting rothsdad its so clear of what they are planning its no wonder why our lands are cursed and its only getting worse.  Many are being decieved.

• Upvote 1