Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

People that don't live in Texas don't know how big it is.

Markinsa

I have often mused about why Obama doesn't want the Keystone pipeline.  I don't think it's about environmental concerns or a financial boondoggle but it' more about Texas connecting the Port of Houston directly with another sovereign country (Canada)  If it were connected, Texas would essentially become a shadow sovereign country.  I don't think the lefties want a state so 'right' that it could stand on it's own feet.  Besides, who is going to mess with Texas when it is the home of the Third Armored Cav.

Even though It's true that there may be hope in Texas, I'm with Tankdude where in Montana a 'River Runs through it'.

Edited by George Hayduke
  • Upvote 1

This is what I love about Texas and the majority of the people living here.

Last week a semi hauling cows lost control and rolled on I-30 a few miles from my house.

Before anyone could blink, the rancher's grapevine went to work and there were pickups with trailers surrounding the area.

Everyone of them hauled a saddled up horse to help round up the cows. It was pretty amazing to see all these cowboys show up to save these cows - not because they would get paid but because that's what cowboys do - when they are needed they are there.

It's how Texans react when someone needs help whether its a semi on the interstate or the rancher down the road that needs help.  :rodeo:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 4

A question for all Texans :

If a long time Northern California boy, (me) showed up in Texas would I be welcomed or run out because I was from California?

Now mind you, I am from North California and can run a trout line and can skin and cut a buck, I can clean catfish from dawn to dust and I am good with both a pistol and long gun. Naturally, I have my CCW here in CA.

I have heard the Texans do not take kindly to California folks.

So, If you please, can someone, or all set me straight???

As a Texan, I do not have anything against CA peeps. What I don't like is them coming here and trying to turn our state blue with their stupid lib ideas, have you not run your state into bankruptcy? It's kinda like going to Japan and telling them to stop eating fish for breakfast. The other thing is the fact that all the real estate prices have doubled in the past 5 years. Other than that Howdy!

• Upvote 1

As a Texan, I do not have anything against CA peeps. What I don't like is them coming here and trying to turn our state blue with their stupid lib ideas, have you not run your state into bankruptcy? It's kinda like going to Japan and telling them to stop eating fish for breakfast. The other thing is the fact that all the real estate prices have doubled in the past 5 years. Other than that Howdy!

Good to know.

Around me its all red.

What really gives CA a bad name is the blue regions of San Deigo, LA and the frut and nut city of San Francisco.

Bigwave, sounds like you'd be welcome here in Texas. We don't really care what state you're from, we care more what state of mind you have. If it's blue stay where you are. If it's red...saddle up or hitch up your wagon and come on down...oh and don't forget your guns. We see a lot of bumper stickers that say "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." We can reserve one for you.

• Upvote 1

Great DM - 

I have to tie a few loose ends around here and will be getting one of those stickers.

I figure that since TX is so big I have to visit a few times prior to picking a City. Spring and Summer are right around the corner.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Upvote 1