Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cruz Christmas Classic... Commercial to Air During SNL

Satirical Ted Cruz Campaign Commercial to Air During SNL -  TONIGHT

By P.J. Gladnick

How does a political candidate air a campaign commercial during Saturday Night Live? If it is too serious, it goes against the mood of the target audience. However, if the commercial tries to be funny but is lame, it would be subject to understandable mockery. Well, Senator Ted Cruz went all out with a humorous commercial to air during SNL tonight. It is a satirical takeoff on his reading of a Dr. Seuss story on the floor of the Senate while pulling an all nighter to speak against Obamacare. I think the commercial came off as good (or better) as most SNL skits but watch below and judge for yourself.

The Independent Journal Review provided some background about the commercial:

Hope you’re ready for a campy Ted Cruz Christmas parody meets infomercial meets sanctioned campaign ad. The Texas Senator and 2016 presidential candidate will play the above ad in crucial Iowa TV markets during this weekend’s “Saturday Night Live” broadcast, according to Cruz Press Secretary Catherine Frazier.

Cruz is no stranger to non-traditional campaigning, he has cooked bacon on the end of a machine gun and performed full-throated “Princess Bride” impressions on the trail in 2016. The above video features Cruz reading to his two daughters, along with his wife, in a traditional Christmas setting. However, the Christmas tales he tells are political satire.

Judging from many of the readers' comments on YouTube, others found the commercial to be funny as well:

"Hey, it's no secret, I'm going for Marco Rubio​; but ya gotta give credit where credit is due. Ted Cruz​ gets all the credit, or at least a good portion of it, for making this video because it's great!"

"The Grinch Who Lost Her Emails made me snort my coffee."

"EXCELLENT! Kudos to Ted and his family. His daughter has some acting chops"

• Upvote 4

UPDATE...

December 22, 2015

Washington Post Permits Cartoonist to Go After Ted Cruz's Five and Seven Year Old Daughters, Claiming That If They're In an Ad, They're "Fair Game"
Now Pulled

—Ace

Here they are depicted as monkeys.

Tell me, if Obama's daughters were, hypothetically, in his most famous campaign ad, the 30 minute ad he ran on most networks on the eve of the 2008 election, would they be "fair game" too?

Note, this is all entirely hypothetical, I'm sure.

But just check out Obama's Most Famous, Costliest Ad from minute 19 to 20.

Probably one of the most watched ads of all time.

You know what I see there?

"Fair game," according to the Washington Post. That's what I see there.

Pulled Down, Now With This Bullshit Explanation: "I Didn't Look At It."

Right, right, right.

I know you looked at it -- you seemed to have required her to write a defense of the cartoon in order to give it "context" and make it acceptable.

I am having a lot of trouble believing that a hot piece like this, so controversial the cartoonist had to pre-justify her own stupid doodle with a written explanation, gets past the editors without people taking a look-see.

I mean it's a frickin' cartoon. You know -- a scribbling for babies and illiterates. Who doesn't have the time to look at a doodle?

Anyway, it's gone, and here's some self-exculpating bullshit, which also seeks to exculpate the cartoonist.

Editor’s note from Fred Hiatt: It's generally been the policy of our editorial section to leave children out of it. I failed to look at this cartoon before it was published. I understand why Ann thought an exception to the policy was warranted in this case, but I do not agree.

He seems to be saying there's a good reason for Ann to think this was an "exception" -- because Cruz' kids were in a ad.

Okay, well Obama's kids were also in an ad -- would the liberal Fred Hiatt agree, or at least "understand," why people might think that also serves as a "warranted" "exception" to justify an attack on his kids?

Note my point is not to go after Obama's kids. I never go after his kids. I have no reason to do so.

But this liberal game of piously claim Democrats' children are completely off-limits, while concocting "warranted exceptions" for Republicans' kids (every Republicans' kids, pretty much -- ask the Bush Twins and Palin Kids), is infuriating beyond my capacity to express.

http://ace.mu.nu/#360707

• Upvote 3

I think it's interesting that no one attacked Cruz on the substance of his satirical ad.  It's all true... which is why it's funny!

Here's the cartoon that got pulled...

Washington-Post-Ann-Telnaes-Ted-Cruz-Kid

How many heads would roll if it had been Oblahblah's girls?

ob1.gif

This is the response by Cruz to Hildabeast... Sad but true... which again, is why it's funny!  The MSM shills should be mortified but they obviously have no more shame than credibility.

CW71FH7UkAAANTq.jpg

• Upvote 3