Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi kurd wins Oregon lottery

rockfl9

An Iraqi Kurdish businessman( importer) won  $6.9M in the Oregon lottery. Name kept secret to protect family. It took 3 months to get visa and permission to Us.  Took annual payment of $170K but says will be kept in  US bank. Plans to Invest Internationally for  his son's future.

Oregon law does not permit payout to citizens of other US  states but did not consider foreigners purchasing tickets, DUH!!!!  The ticket was purchased online through a Brokerage based in Malta. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not sure where you got the info about payouts to people who live in other states but it is incorrect. If you are over 18 and buy a ticket and win ... You get the money

http://oregonlottery.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/claimform.pdf?sfvrsn=2

But you can't pump your own gas in Oregon.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

SD: That's the way it was reported but I'm sure you are right. Doesn't make sense to restrict players .  Interesting that he plans to keep the money out of Iraq.. In six years or so he years or so It should be over a mil USD so he could buy a motel and ship his family over on a business visa!!!

Not sure where you got the info about payouts to people who live in other states but it is incorrect. If you are over 18 and buy a ticket and win ... You get the money

http://oregonlottery.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/claimform.pdf?sfvrsn=2

But you can't pump your own gas in Oregon.

Also, if they let you pump, and get caught, the station get fined $5,000

• 2 weeks later...

SD: That's the way it was reported but I'm sure you are right. Doesn't make sense to restrict players .  Interesting that he plans to keep the money out of Iraq.. In six years or so he years or so It should be over a mil USD so he could buy a motel and ship his family over on a business visa!!!

No problem rock. I was not trying to be a pain in the butt. I actually did not know for sure and had to look it up.

Have a great New Year and keep posting!  I do like to read your posts.