Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Selling Dinars in the U.S.

Antietam

I have a question for the DV community. A friend of mine is selling out. He does not want to mail his dinars to strangers. I can't buy anymore dinars to help him out. Does anyone know if he can drive to a dinar dealer's place of business and exchange face to face. I am assuming a counterfeit check would need to be done. Has anyone done this?

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your response, but he is wanting to sell 9 million dinar, all 25,000 uncirculated. Will airport exchanges do that much? Even at $700 per mil, it would be 6 to seven thousand dollars. I thought there were only kiosks in airports. Also, you mentioned city currency exchanges. Any idea where they would be located in a major city?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have a question for the DV community. A friend of mine is selling out. He does not want to mail his dinars to strangers. I can't buy anymore dinars to help him out. Does anyone know if he can drive to a dinar dealer's place of business and exchange face to face. I am assuming a counterfeit check would need to be done. Has anyone done this?

AT.

I hope your thought process was ........ a " counter" check...... as to a "counterfeit check"......actually I am sure that was a a typo on your part.......

Here on DV there is a thread to try to sell IQD............

...............or.....

Sell your dinars back to the dealer from whom you purchased them. If you haven't already been working with a dealer, you can find one by searching online. Three choices that come up are: GID Associates, Deal or Buy Dinar, and Dinar Banker.

Sell your dinars to banks. There are several banks in the Middle East that will purchase dinars. Three of these banks are the Central Bank of Iraq, the National Bank of Jordan, and the National Bank of Kuwait.

You will need to contact the banks directly and discuss their policies and procedures.

Sell your dinars to money collectors. Go to local coin and paper money dealers and see whether they will buy your dinars. You can also attend currency shows.

Perhaps the Airport exchange centers will help.

Sell your dinars at an auction such as eBay.

These are a number of options.......I would suggest your friend might hang on a bit longer......!!!

We may be closer than they think....

Hope this is of some help.......enjoy your day!!!!

Edited by coorslite21

Thanks, Coors, but he doesn't want to mail them. Are there dinar dealers such as you listed which are physical buildings that he can walk into and perform an exchange. When I said counterfeit, I meant it. Wouldn't dinar dealers want to check for validity before handing over US dollars in an exchange? The dinar is considered an exotic currency, and options are limited for selling if you don't feel safe mailing them and waiting for your money. He is paranoid of getting ripped off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

going to the area bank is one way if you find one , but the  fee of them  doing the paper work isn`t   worth the trouble .  { not  yet any way  }   the air port idea  sounds  good , only do a little at a time  say 1 million   a week or so ...   might even go the person buying at the kiosks ,  to set up a  special buying   deal  ,  make it interesting  or profitable for them to buy those dinar ...     

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for these suggestions. My paranoid buddy lives in Florida. He is willing to drive up to 600 miles just to exchange at a dinar dealer's place of business. I'll check the website you mentioned and maybe give them a call to see if walk-in appointments are available. I offered to advertise his dinars with you good folks here at DV, but he will not mail them and is not comfortable with exchangING with strangers who aren't in the business. I know he'd take 750-800 per mil, and could get good reliable buyers here, but he says "no" to strangers. The small amounts at a major airport kiosk may be the way for him to go. He lives close to Orlando. He could go once a day for a week at a mil per day. Any other suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

He dumped them on Xchange. He sure wasn't too happy about what he got, but he sure is glad to put the whole thing behind him. I'm somewhat jealous of his freedom, but I'm too stubborn to do the same thing yet. I am hoping for a better iraq with a better economy and therefore a better dinar value. Then I will join him.

• Upvote 1

I really don't know how anyone can sell out if they've been in this for very long.  Just knowing how bad you would feel when this does RV (and let's not forget that it is probably likely to RV since for decades - before Saddam - the dinar was holding steady at $3+ dinars per dollar - and we know for sure that it's deliberately artificially low right now) is enough to keep me in this until I die.  I learned a long time ago that the real regrets in life come from what you didn't do, not from the things you tried to do but that didn't work out as planned.   Anyway......jmo  and good luck to your friend.

• Upvote 2

I really don't know how anyone can sell out if they've been in this for very long.  Just knowing how bad you would feel when this does RV (and let's not forget that it is probably likely to RV since for decades - before Saddam - the dinar was holding steady at $3+ dinars per dollar - and we know for sure that it's deliberately artificially low right now) is enough to keep me in this until I die.  I learned a long time ago that the real regrets in life come from what you didn't do, not from the things you tried to do but that didn't work out as planned.   Anyway......jmo  and good luck to your friend.

:bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo: