Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Proposes National Right to Concealed Carry Permit Valid in all 50 States.

In a position paper recently posted to his campaign website, GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump laid out a bold and detailed plan to protect the gun rights of Americans.

According to the position paper, which called the Second Amendment the “first freedom” of Americans, Trump said he would vigorously defend gun rights and prevent shootings by enforcing laws on the books and fixing the mental health system.

“The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,” the paper began.

“The Second Amendment guarantees a fundamental right that belongs to all law-abiding Americans. The Constitution doesn’t create that right — it ensures that the government can’t take it away. Our Founding Fathers knew, and our Supreme Court has upheld, that the Second Amendment’s purpose is to guarantee our right to defend ourselves and our families. This is about self-defense, plain and simple.”

Trump said that gun and magazine bans were a “total failure.”

“Opponents of gun rights try to come up with scary sounding phrases like ‘assault weapons,’ ‘military-style weapons’ and ‘high capacity magazines’ to confuse people,” the position paper read.

“What they’re really talking about are popular semi-automatic rifles and standard magazines that are owned by tens of millions of Americans. Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own.”

He also said that further background checks weren’t the answer, either.

“Study after study has shown that very few criminals are stupid enough to try and pass a background check — they get their guns from friends/family members or by stealing them,” Trump said. “So the overwhelming majority of people who go through background checks are law-abiding gun owners … What we need to do is fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.”

Trump also advocated a “national right to carry,” proposing that a concealed carry permit be valid in all 50 states.

As for stopping crime, Trump had several proposals, starting with overhauling the mental health system.

“All of the tragic mass murders that occurred in the past several years have something in common — there were red flags that were ignored,” Trump wrote.

“We can’t allow that to continue … for those who are violent, a danger to themselves or others, we need to get them off the street before they can terrorize our communities. This is just common-sense.”

He also proposed the expansion of a local program to prosecute those who use guns in the commission of a crime in federal court.

“Several years ago, there was a tremendous program in Richmond, Virginia, called Project Exile. It said that if a violent felon uses a gun to commit a crime, you will be prosecuted in federal court and go to prison for five years — no parole or early release,” Trump wrote.

“Obama’s former Attorney General, Eric Holder, called that a ‘cookie cutter’ program. That’s ridiculous. I call that program a success. Murders committed with guns in Richmond decreased by over 60 percent when Project Exile was in place — in the first two years of the program alone, 350 armed felons were taken off the street.”

With a program like that, you can bet liberals are going to hate a Trump presidency. If you’re a pro-gun rights patriot, though, we think you’re going to love it.

• Upvote 8

The idea that one needs a permit (Which cost money)  to carry a weapon is BS

It is a right given to me by God to be able to protect myself and my family any way I see fit.

So as far as im concerned trump is not doing us any favors.

I have always carried a gun and will continue to do so for as long as im mentally fit to do so.

I dont need no stinking GOVT giving me the OK to do so.

SCREW this GOVT. 

• Upvote 6

It is a right given to me by God to be able to protect myself and my family any way I see fit.

I have always carried a gun and will continue to do so for as long as im mentally fit to do so.

SCREW this GOVT.

You nailed it.

There is no exception to the amendment.

Just as we are free to travel from state to state without a travel permit, as we travel, we have the right to defend ourselves.

There is another truth that is being ignored.

Once the criminals realize their targets may well be as armed as they are, just the attempts to rob will drop.

Just look at all those gun store robberies.

Oh wait, there hasn't been any, because only morons will go into a gun store expecting to pull off an armed robbery.

A few have tried, and none have succeded.

Screw the registery.

Let some idiot try to rob me.

They will only be lucky if they survive the trip to the hospital.

• Upvote 1

SCREW this GOVT. 

Word!

True Americans posting here. We don't need a permit to do something that is a natural right. Even ex-cons should have this right because, if they paid their debt to society, why are their natural rights restricted after their punishment?

As Chief Dog stated so-well" "Screw this GUBERMINT"

Good to see real Americans posting on this. To our freedoms....

The idea that one needs a permit (Which cost money) to carry a weapon is BS

SCREW this GOVT.

Aww dog! Will you please quit beating around the bush!

Tell us what you really think!

:)

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 2