Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why ALL Christians Should Boycott Christmas If They Truly Believe In Christ

RVWITHME

Why ALL Christians Should Boycott Christmas If They Truly Believe In Christ and are Willing to Fight for their Beliefs.

Although the title of this post sounds blasphemous, there are numerous reasons as to why all Christians should consider boycotting the “institutionalization” Christmas.

Yes, these are my (RVWITHME) personal thoughts, not copied from elsewhere, so if ya wanna ruby me, so be it... I will be posting this elsewhere, so let's see if this idea takes root. You can post it elsewhere as well, as long as you do so without copyright.

Understand that I'm not advocating an entire elimination of Christmas, ( it's my absolute favorite holiday ) just a radical CHANGE that will unabashedly announce the truly important role that Christians play in the world.

The basis for this idea came to me after reading thousands of threads about how controlled we are by the banksters and mega-corporations while being simultaneously despised by them.

In addition, these “controllers” AKA “TPTB” run roughshod over everyone with impunity and no-one has, as of yet arrived at any real solutions for dispersing any of their so-called power over all of us “99 percenters”.

We really do live in a world of sheep vs wolves, so ask yourself these 2 questions honestly:

1. Which of these two groups do you believe TPTB consider YOU to be a part of?

2. What religious traditions do you believe that TPTB observe?

As to Christian acceptance in general, just look at how the current Muslim-in-chief (what's his name?) regards you. Well, that is nothing compared to the attitude that most muslims around the world have for you. They would love to see all Christians dead, plain and simple. How's that for "brotherly love"?.

In this same light, we must also mention the Jews, who are a sneaky lot. Not as a whole, (I have Jewish friends ) but as to those most powerful and behind the scenes. They “pretend” to be friendly towards you, but behind your back, have nothing but disdain for you and your Christian values. The only reason they tolerate you is because they stand to benefit economically from you and THAT is the CRUX of this entire post.

The celebration of Christmas is a Christian Tradition that has, over the last decades, been spiritually usurped by commercial interests.

Face it, the Jewish Banksters, jew-elery salespeople and mega-corporations do not give a whit about your “Christmas” or what it means to you! This can easily be confirmed by their intentional use of “Happy Holidays” instead of Merry Christmas, but they certainly DO CARE about ALL those sales that are (certain to) be rung up by December 24th, (out of pressure of expectation by tptb if nothing else).

After much thought and soul-searching, here is a (small, but powerful) solution I intend to follow for the rest of my days on this rock. Maybe you agree... Maybe you don't.

I have decided to call this new holiday MissMas. It now will run from December 14th until (at least) December 31st.

Since Christmas and the entire Christmas season is my favorite time of year, I will continue to enjoy all of the festivities (parties, tree lighting's, midnight Mass etc) as usual. The exception is that I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING for Christmas until AFTER Christmas Day when the same items will be offered at a Deep Discounts if the businesses don't want to be taxed for the year-end inventory.

If I have lights and decorations in the closet, I will put them up and enjoy them immensely. If I need a fresh Christmas Tree, I will avoid buying one until at least Christmas night (or the day after) and celebrate for an EXTENDED Christmas season until at least New Years Eve or maybe even longer.

Some people in my immediate circle may be a little disappointed about not receiving a present on Christmas Day, so for those traditionalists (bless their little, decrepit souls) I will seek to buy sale items throughout the year with them in mind (including black Friday if the price is right). For the rest, I will now have an Entire Week of Gift Giving to enjoy and not have to cram everything in to one (corporate controlled) day.

MissMas allows people 2 distinct benefits over a Traditional Christmas:

1. You (and your family) get to enjoy a Much Longer Christmas season.

2. You can now express your displeasure towards the “corporatocracy “ in a way that benefits YOU and your family (saving lots of money) while simultaneously lowering profits for the so-called ”controllers” in a way that certainly WILL be noticed by them if enough people join in.

Christmas season is meant to be enjoyed! So Stick It To The Banksters And Celebrate MissMas Instead!!!

• Upvote 8

***///

Our favourite, most poignant post of the day ! Well done !  :tiphat:

We've been celebrating Christmas your way for many years now.

As a matter of fact,

sometimes one of our Wounded Warriors needs a little Christmas right this very minute (to quote Auntie Mame!)

and regardless of the time of year,

we drag out the tree, decorate it, cook up a storm, egg nog, carols, stories of The Christ Child, the whole 9 yards !

It's the Spirit -- and when it moves us, we do it  -- for all the right reasons !

And Our Heros LOVE it !  

It feeds their soul just when they need it and the gift we get from doing it is exactly the Gift we are supposed to receive --

and THAT, friends, is PRICELSS !

Merry Christmas, RVWITHME:tiphat:  :hug:

• Upvote 4

Wow SgtFuryUSCZ;

I'm humbled and honored by your acknowledgement and (slightly) at loss for words.

There are so many people in suffering, that seem so far advanced and beyond my small effort, but I feel deep-down that a movement of something, from somewhere MUST be voiced that I just had to express this message this today.

I have made an Iron-Clad bargain with myself that this (MissMas) WILL be the way of the future for me, so no use hiding it from those that may feel the same way and want to start being the change they want to see in the world.

I know it's not much, but with all that has been piled upon me (and especially my family who have looked to me when I was clueless these past 7 years waiting for an RV salvation), I know that regardless of the obstacles, there is always hope of a lost sheep in the woods learning how to take down a wolf (or lion if need be) by sheer strength of will, regardless of circumstances.

*I just tried to explain what the past few years have been like, but after reading too much personal truth, deleted those comments because no one needs to know the depth of despair we experienced, so all I can say is this:

When the time has come that the Sheep are forced to learn how to hunt Wolves, the bleating will subside, the sheep will learn wolf-like stealth, and justice will be righteous upon the world...

Merry Christmas, and Merry MissMas SgtFuryUSCZ....

You are most Blessed!!!

• Upvote 1

Muslims don't hate Christians. Don't mix DASH OR AL QUIDA in the mix. The TPTB are causing all this problems. Creating mis information and divid and conquer and sale there agenda through fear. We have been celebrating Christmas by getting together with family and friends that's what it is all about Family. Happpppppyyyyyyyy thanksgiving and marry Christmas two of my favorite family times

• Upvote 1

I had always suspected that  for many ( not all)  Christmas was only a huge business thing ( at least in the last 100 years let's say...)...

Even in this country of mine ( in my relatively small town)  I have noticed through the years  how they start preparing the  shop windows   and the alluring signs in the streets  ("buy buy buy" is the obvious message) earlier and earlier year  after year....

Not much left of the true spirit of Christmas it would seem.....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

For us Christmas it is about GIving.....give give give...give a smile, give a hugg...give food, take blankets to shelters, give your time and your service. Give food to shelters...do not forget the furry animals. Give them a home!

We have taught this to our daughter and she always comes up with new ideas..... very proud of her!!!

It is your choice what you make of the holidays...personally i love it!!!

• Upvote 5

At one time, church authorities fought “tooth and nail against [the] relics of heathenism,” says the book Christmas Customs and Traditions—Their History and Significance. But in time, church leaders became more eager to fill pews than teach TRUTH. Hence, they began to “wink at” those pagan practices. Later they embraced them.

‘What you sow you reap,’ the Bible says. (Galatians 6:7) After sowing their fields with the seeds of paganism, the churches should not be surprised that “weeds” proliferate. A celebration allegedly honoring the birth of Jesus becomes an excuse for drunkenness and revelry, the shopping mall becomes more popular than the church, families go deeply into debt buying presents, and children confuse myth with reality and Santa Claus with Jesus Christ, telling children that Santa (or the Christ child) is the bearer of presents at Christmas may seem to be innocent fun, but is it right or wise to deceive little children, even if one’s intentions are not bad? Do you not find it ironic that an occasion that is supposedly meant to honor Jesus becomes a time to deceive children? For good reason, God said: “Quit touching the unclean thing.”—2 Corinthians 6:17.

Apostate Christians and Pagan Winter Festivals

Early Christians resisted the temptation to join in the pagan festivities of their neighbors. But the Bible foretold that, in time, a great apostasy would develop among Christians (Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Thessalonians 2:3; (Man of Lawlessness) – http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002890  1 Timothy 4:1-3; 2 Peter 2:1, 2) Toward the end of the second century, the writer Tertullian had to censure “Christians” for taking part in “the feasts of Saturn, and of January, and of the Winter solstice.” He mentions the “dispensing of gifts” and expresses surprise that many were decorating their homes with “lamps and laurels.”

Despite such admonition the original pure Christian congregation was corrupted. Going from bad to worse, apostate Christians justified their course by giving the pagan celebrations a “Christian” name. As the book Christmas admits: “The Christian Church . . . in the 4th century found it convenient to take over the sacred pagan day of December 25, the winter solstice . . . The birthday of the sun became the birthday of the Son of God.”

Why Christmas Is So Dangerous

Some might feel that the celebration of Christmas is dangerous because it promotes a spirit of selfishness. For instance, entertainer Danie Martins said on a South African radio broadcast that he was shocked to learn how children viewed Christmas. At children’s parties he asked them why “we celebrate Christmas.” The usual reply: “To get presents.” Parents and authors Martin and Deidre Bobgan, point to another danger: “Many adults feed children dishonesties and distortions which eventually may lead to atheism. From a child’s eye view, if Santa told as truth is a lie, then maybe God told as truth also is a lie.”

Yet the most serious danger of celebrating Christmas is that it could lead to losing God’s favor. Why? There are a number of reasons. For example, Christmas promotes idolatry, something forbidden in the Bible. (1 John 5:21) This is openly practiced in front of many nativity scenes, such as in the Aracoeli church in Rome. What about the introduction of the heathen Christmas tree into many Protestant churches? Does this not smack of idolatry?

Furthermore, the celebration of Christmas has promoted the worship of Jesus in place of his Father, Jehovah God. This is another form of idolatry since the glorified Lord Jesus Christ is “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Revelation 3:14; see also Romans 1:25.) Carol-singing has served to entrench this wrong idea in billions of young hearts. One popular carol includes these words: “In the bleak mid-winter a stable-place sufficed the Lord God Almighty Jesus Christ.”

The fact is that Jesus never claimed to be God Almighty. Instead Jesus declared: “The Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) He directed all worship to his Father, saying: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10) Even after his resurrection, Jesus continued to direct worship to his heavenly Father.—John 20:17.

Christmas gives a religious covering to what in reality is a time of overindulgence and abandon. Loose behavior at Christmas parties is a notorious cause of marriage problems. According to the British National Marriage Guidance Council, twice the normal weekly number of couples came for counseling following the 1983 Christmas season. Christmas parties were singled out as one of the causes as well as “lack of money for food, gifts and toys.” Such things relate to another serious problem. “The rate of suicides and attempted suicides escalates alarmingly at this time,” according to a Johannesburg psychiatrist.

Nor can we ignore that those who continue under the religious spell of “Babylon the Great” face great danger. Bible prophecy indicates that the time for her judgment is very near.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

To be sure, the world empire of false religion, with its heathen practices and holidays, will soon be gone forever. Now, while there is yet time, separate yourself from her enticing activities. Associate instead with true Christians who will survive to enjoy everlasting peace and goodwill among men.—Psalm 37:29.

• Upvote 2

For us Christmas it is about GIving.....give give give...give a smile, give a hugg...give food, take blankets to shelters, give your time and your service. Give food to shelters...do not forget the furry animals. Give them a home!

We have taught this to our daughter and she always comes up with new ideas..... very proud of her!!!

It is your choice what you make of the holidays...personally i love it!!!

Sounds good, SG

• Upvote 1

Why ALL Christians Should Boycott Christmas If They Truly Believe In Christ and are Willing to Fight for their Beliefs.

Christmas season is meant to be enjoyed! So Stick It To The Banksters And Celebrate MissMas Instead!!!

***///

Our favourite, most poignant post of the day ! Well done !  :tiphat:

Merry Christmas, RVWITHME:tiphat:  :hug:

***///

Not only that, but you already know how we feel about the illuminati banksters !

Christmas is the celebration of Christ with family and friends.

Period.

To be sure, the world empire of false religion, with its heathen practices and holidays, will soon be gone forever. Now, while there is yet time, separate yourself from her enticing activities. Associate instead with true Christians who will survive to enjoy everlasting peace and goodwill among men.—Psalm 37:29.

Very well said, one and all.

Take back Your Power.

In EVERYTHING you say and do.

Every thought, every action, every word, every facet, of everyday life.

It is Our Responsibility to be a living testimony to The One True God.

God did not create a government.

He did not create a religion.

He gave His life to show us the depth of His love.

It is that power, freely given to You, by God, that governments crave.

Take back your power, it is how God designed us.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2

We usually buy the grandkids something (they are all under the age of 3) , then we donate to a good cause in the name of who ever we would give a gift to. We have donated the gift of a well, a goat, and other things to people that need them in the name of and for a loved one. They agree and support our gifts to them, knowing that someone that is in dire need of something will prosper in the future

• Upvote 2

What is God’s Kingdom?

God’s Rulership in Early Human History. The first human creatures, Adam and Eve, likewise knew Jehovah (Creator) as God, the Creator of heaven and earth. They recognized his authority and his right to issue commands, to call upon people to perform certain duties or to refrain from certain acts, to assign land for residence and cultivation, as well as to delegate authority over others of his creatures. (Ge 1:26-30; 2:15-17) Though Adam had the ability to coin words (Ge 2:19, 20), there is no evidence that he developed the title “king [me′lekh]” to apply it to his God and Creator, although he recognized Jehovah’s supreme authority.

As revealed in the initial chapters of Genesis, God’s exercise of his sovereignty toward man in Eden was benevolent and not unduly restrictive. The relationship between God and man called for obedience such as the obedience a son renders to his father. (Compare Lu 3:38.) Man had no lengthy code of laws to fulfill (compare 1Ti 1:8-11); God’s requirements were simple and purposeful. Nor is there anything to indicate that Adam was made to feel inhibited by constant, critical supervision of his every action;

Government with power and authority. Jesus’ disciples understood the Kingdom to be an actual government of God, though they did not comprehend the reach of its domain. Nathanael said to Jesus: “Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel.” (Joh 1:49) They knew the things foretold about “the holy ones” in the prophecy of Daniel. (Da 7:18, 27)

Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

Kingdom is another word for Government, ever here of the United Kingdom?

He [God] did not create a religion.

An oxymoron.

He’s God! The Creator of intelligent beings, angels and mankind, is their belief (religion) in a Creator, Gods existence?

God as the Creator has the right to exclusive devotion (worship), (De 6:15) and as rightful universal sovereign to exercise his rulership over all creation.

The One True God.

Hope you appreciate why I'm sharing this with you.  :backflip: 

Edited by Fly

What is God’s Kingdom?

The relationship between God and man called for obedience such as the obedience a son renders to his father. (Compare Lu 3:38.) Man had no lengthy code of laws to fulfill (compare 1Ti 1:8-11); God’s requirements were simple and purposeful. Nor is there anything to indicate that Adam was made to feel inhibited by constant, critical supervision of his every action;

Government with power and authority. Jesus’ disciples understood the Kingdom to be an actual government of God, though they did not comprehend the reach of its domain. Nathanael said to Jesus: “Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel.” (Joh 1:49) They knew the things foretold about “the holy ones” in the prophecy of Daniel. (Da 7:18, 27)

Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

Kingdom is another word for Government, ever here of the United Kingdom?

He [God] did not create a religion.

An oxymoron.

He’s God! The Creator of intelligent beings, angels and mankind, is their belief (religion) in a Creator, Gods existence?

God as the Creator has the right to exclusive devotion (worship), (De 6:15) and as rightful universal sovereign to exercise his rulership over all creation.

The One True God.

Hope you appreciate why I'm sharing this with you.  :backflip: 

I do, however, you have omitted vital structure parameters in your assumption.

The Kingdom of God is the ONLY utopia. 

The one single reason for this to even be possible requires that God is the direct Ruler of the Kingdom.

God is perfect.

He will rule His Kingdom perfectly.

Man is imperfect.

Therefore, man can not rule anything with perfection.

All earthly governments created by man, run by man, and without guidance or consultation of God, are imperfect.

To declare ANY government is perfect, regardless of God's influence, is to claim ISL is as perfect as Heaven.

I don't think you actually thought that statement through.

Jesus destroyed the temple.

He declared the Temple is within each living human.

Early Christians did not practice a religion.

They did not have professional clergy.

All religion was created by man.

Religion is used by man, to control other men.

Christian means "follower of Christ".

Nothing more, nothing less.

Spiritual Christianity is not religious.

I think you are still confused.

• Upvote 1

I do, however, you have omitted vital structure parameters in your assumption.

The Kingdom of God is the ONLY utopia. 

The one single reason for this to even be possible requires that God is the direct Ruler of the Kingdom.

God is perfect.

He will rule His Kingdom perfectly.

Man is imperfect.

Therefore, man can not rule anything with perfection.

All earthly governments created by man, run by man, and without guidance or consultation of God, are imperfect.

To declare ANY government is perfect, regardless of God's influence, is to claim ISL is as perfect as Heaven.

I don't think you actually thought that statement through.

The above is apparent to me anyway, there was no coherent comprehension of the material Gods Kingdom government,

I apologize, it is my fault. 

Jesus destroyed the temple. If you truly understand the statement than you can explain it.

He declared the Temple is within each living human. No he did not.

Early Christians did not practice a religion. Really, then your scriptural understanding is very very limited.

They did not have professional clergy. True Christians today still don't.

All religion was created by man. Fortunately No.

Religion is used by man, to control other men. Humm...good point!

Christian means "follower of Christ". Christ like.

Nothing more, nothing less. :shakehead:

Spiritual Christianity is not religious.  :wacko:  and I'm confused...when you are the one saying it...!

I think you are still confused.

Anointed Christians—A Spiritual Temple. Anointed Christians on earth are likened to a number of things, including a temple. This comparison is fitting because God’s spirit dwells within the congregation of anointed ones. Paul wrote to the Christians in Ephesus “in union with Christ Jesus,” those who are “sealed with the promised holy spirit,” saying: “You have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone. In union with him the whole building, being harmoniously joined together, is growing into a holy temple for Jehovah. In union with him you, too, are being built up together into a place for God to inhabit by spirit.” (Eph 1:1, 13; 2:20-22) These “sealed” ones, laid upon Christ as Foundation, are shown to number 144,000. (Re 7:4; 14:1) The apostle Peter speaks of these as “living stones” being “built up a spiritual house for the purpose of a holy priesthood.”—1Pe 2:5.

Since these underpriests are “God’s building,” he will not let this spiritual temple suffer defilement. Paul emphasizes the holiness of this spiritual temple, and the danger to one who attempts to defile it, when he writes: “Do you not know that you people are God’s temple, and that the spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you people are.”—1Co 3:9, 16, 17; see also 2Co 6:16.

Jehovah God and the Lamb ‘Are Its Temple.’ When John sees New Jerusalem coming down from heaven, he remarks: “And I did not see a temple in it, for Jehovah God the Almighty is its temple, also the Lamb is.” (Re 21:2, 22) Since the members of New Jerusalem will have direct access to the face of Jehovah himself, they will not need a temple through which to approach God. (1Jo 3:2; Re 22:3, 4) Those who make up New Jerusalem will render sacred service to God directly under the high priesthood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. For this reason the Lamb shares with Jehovah in being, in effect, the temple of the New Jerusalem.

An Illustrative Use. On one occasion, when the Jews demanded a sign from Jesus, he replied: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” The Jews thought he was speaking of the temple building, but the apostle John explains: “He was talking about the temple of his body.” When he was resurrected by his Father Jehovah on the third day of his death, the disciples recalled and understood this saying and believed it. (Joh 2:18-22; Mt 27:40) He was resurrected, but not in his fleshly body, which was given as a ransom sacrifice; yet that fleshly body did not go into corruption, but was disposed of by God, just as a sacrifice was consumed on the altar. Jesus, when resurrected, was the same person, the same personality, in a new body made for his new dwelling place, the spiritual heavens.—Lu 24:1-7; 1Pe 3:18; Mt 20:28; Ac 2:31; Heb 13:8.

Because ‘Jesus’ is used in a sentence doesn’t automatically make the statement a true one.

So, what temple was it Jesus destroyed and how did he destroy it?

I was just offering what I thought would be help, but you cannot fill a cup which is already full.

Edited by Fly

I rejoice that Christ HAS established His kingdom and is now ruling on the throne; and has been since His resurrection and ascension.  

The temple is both the individual and the church; since both are now being indwelt by the Holy Spirit, Christ's Spirit, or the Spirit of God.  

I rejoice that Christ now rules and reigns in my life and is preparing an eternal home in heaven for me when I leave this physical world.

Because I am a child of God, a saint by calling, I am also a priest and part of the figurative 144,000; as are all saints who are apart of the kingdom of God right now.  

It was God's eternal plan that made it all possible! 

Those of you who are still waiting for the kingdom of God need to recognize that it has already come in Jesus Christ.  Anyone coming to understand that Jesus as the Savior and Lord, repenting of sin (of unbelief) and sins of the flesh, come into contact with His blood for the forgiveness of sin, will be placed in the kingdom of God and Christ.  At the resurrection on the last day, you will not face judgment for sins, but will enter into your eternal home.  

Praise God for His wonderful grace in Christ!!  

• Upvote 1

Nelg' I am glad you are well.

The scriptures indicate God placed man in the garden, the commission to expand the family of mankind and garden to fill the earth (Gen 1:28). Has God abandon this plan, or is it his idea– man lives with pain, sickness, suffering, in world of war and death, but temporally for his own good– as it’s all part of his (Gods) original plan.

My relationship is with a Loving God that could not consider the like ever for his own creation Compair (Jeremiah 7:31).     

What do the scriptures tell us of the number 144,000 rulers with Christ?

Link:  Questions From Readers

w04 9/1 pp. 30-31 - The Watchtower—2004

Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses take the number 144,000 mentioned in the book of Revelation literally and not symbolically?

Place curser over text for quick referencing– compare with you own copy of the bible, upper lift click on bible for different translation there you will find American Standard Version as well.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/l/r1/lp-e?q=w04+9%2F1+30-31

The apostle John wrote: “I heard the number of those who were sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand.” (Revelation 7:4) In the Bible, the phrase “those who were sealed” refers to a group of individuals who are chosen from among mankind to rule with Christ in heaven over the coming Paradise earth. (2 Corinthians 1:21, 22; Revelation 5:9, 10; 20:6) Their number, 144,000, is understood literally for several reasons. One is found in the immediate context of Revelation 7:4.

After the apostle John was told in vision about this group of 144,000 individuals, he was shown another group. John describes this second group as “a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” This great crowd refers to those who will survive the coming “great tribulation,” which will destroy the present wicked world.—Revelation 7:9, 14.

Note, however, the contrast that John draws between verses 4 and 9 of Revelation chapter 7. He states that the first group, “those who were sealed,” has a definite number. However, the second group, “a great crowd,” is without a definite number. With that in mind, it is logical to take the number 144,000 to be literal. If the number 144,000 were symbolic and referred to a group that is actually numberless, the force of the contrast between those two verses would be lost. Thus, the context strongly indicates that the number 144,000 must be taken literally.

Various Bible scholars, past and present, reached the same conclusion—that is, the number is literal. For instance, in commenting on Revelation 7:4, 9, British lexicographer Dr. Ethelbert W. Bullinger observed some 100 years ago: “It is the simple statement of fact: a definite number in contrast with the indefinite number in this very chapter.” (The Apocalypse or “The Day of the Lord,” page 282) More recently, Robert L. Thomas, Jr., professor of New Testament at The Master’s Seminary in the United States, wrote: “The case for symbolism is exegetically weak.” He added: “It is a definite number [at 7:4] in contrast with the indefinite number of 7:9. If it is taken symbolically, no number in the book can be taken literally.”—Revelation: An Exegetical Commentary, Volume 1, page 474.

Some argue that since Revelation contains highly symbolic language, all numbers found in this book, including the number 144,000, must be symbolic. (Revelation 1:1, 4; 2:10) That conclusion, though, is clearly not correct. Granted, Revelation contains numerous symbolic numbers, but it also includes literal numbers. For instance, John speaks of “the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.” (Revelation 21:14) Clearly, the number 12 mentioned in this verse is literal, not symbolic. Further, the apostle John writes about “the thousand years” of Christ’s reign. That number is also to be taken literally, as a careful consideration of the Bible shows. (Revelation 20:3, 5-7) Hence, whether a number in Revelation is to be taken literally or symbolically depends on its background and setting.

The conclusion that the number 144,000 is literal and refers to a limited number of individuals, a relatively small group when compared with the “great crowd,” also harmonizes with other Bible passages. For instance, later in the vision that the apostle John receives, the 144,000 are described as those who “were bought from among mankind as firstfruits.” (Revelation 14:1, 4) The expression “firstfruits” refers to a small representative selection. Also, while Jesus was on earth, he spoke about those who will rule with him in his heavenly Kingdom and called them a “little flock.” (Luke 12:32; 22:29) Indeed, those from among mankind who will rule in heaven are few in comparison with those of mankind who will inhabit the coming Paradise earth.

Hence, the context of Revelation 7:4 and related statements found elsewhere in the Bible bear out that the number 144,000 is to be taken literally. It refers to those who will rule in heaven with Christ over a paradise earth, which will be filled with a large and undetermined number of happy people who worship Jehovah God.—Psalm 37:29.

w04 9/1 pp. 30-31 - The Watchtower—2004

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/l/r1/lp-e?q=w04+9%2F1+30-31

I believe what the scriptures say about the 144,000.

How long is the last day to be?

Next: I would like to share what is meant at John 5:29  by “those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment”, likely not what you might think. Hint– (Ro 6:23) “For the wages sin pays is death

“Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment”. (John 5:28,29)

The 144,000 is a figurative number of both the Jews and Gentiles, which means all the saved from among mankind.  

It represents the redeemed.  

I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.

I will be in heaven with all the others who have been redeemed.

Heaven is a spiritual realm in eternity.  It is not a physical place but it is real.  

The physical heavens and earth will be destroyed and only the realm of eternity will be left.

Only those prepared to be with Christ will be in eternity.

I am prepared through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Therefore, I will be with Him in eternity.

Conclusion: I am one of the 144,000 as are all the redeemed.