Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Pictures .. 50 thousand new category dinars in Iraqi currency

yota691

How does turning two 25k notes into one 50k note equal less dinar in circulation?  The note count theory only holds any truth if it involves less dinar in circulation.  In general adding higher denoms does the opposite of this.

84dd40d199a955672620270e6a3ba365.jpg

Reducing the note count by a 2-1 margin, by following Laid Backs theory, would reduce the note count in circulation if the CBI took said notes brought in and placed them in their reserves. They could also place them back into circulation from their reserves as other denominations wear out, are taken off the market, and ultimately literally recycled. Could the CBI get the citizens to agree to such a trade? thats how it's done Amal. It's like this, if I were the CBI (Fed Bank on the U.S.) and you had 100, $1.00 bills and I motivated you somehow to take 5, $20 bills instead. Then I placed the 100, $1.00 bills in my reserve, which takes them out of circulation. You would have the same amount of monetary value, and I would have removed 95 individual bills from circulation. Reducing the note count in circulation does not mean destroying the notes. It means that the CBI or Federal Reserves, prevent the notes from being released INTO circulation.

• Upvote 1

Reducing the note count by a 2-1 margin, by following Laid Backs theory, would reduce the note count in circulation if the CBI took said notes brought in and placed them in their reserves. They could also place them back into circulation from their reserves as other denominations wear out, are taken off the market, and ultimately literally recycled. Could the CBI get the citizens to agree to such a trade? thats how it's done Amal. It's like this, if I were the CBI (Fed Bank on the U.S.) and you had 100, $1.00 bills and I motivated you somehow to take 5, $20 bills instead. Then I placed the 100, $1.00 bills in my reserve, which takes them out of circulation. You would have the same amount of monetary value, and I would have removed 95 individual bills from circulation. Reducing the note count in circulation does not mean destroying the notes. It means that the CBI or Federal Reserves, prevent the notes from being released INTO circulation.

And tell me please what bearing the note count statistic has on a currencies value as a stand alone stat, not in reference to how much value is out there.  If I owe you a 100 dollar bill or 100 singles I still owe you 100 bucks.  I want the same thing everyone else wants but I feel this note count stuff is way off base.  Breitling has been pushing this theory with holes imo.  The note count is around 4 billion and according to the cbi website has been since Ive been following this in 2009.  Breitling always glosses over where he is getting the 9 billion count from but claims it was once 9 billion, now is 4 billion and they want to get it to 1 billion before they rv.  Several articles have stated that the remove the 0s program aims to take the note count from 4 billion to 1 billion but I think they are saying after the fact not before, several are redenomination articles. Note count means nothing at all if it doesnt reduce the money supply.  According to the cbis numbers which you can feel free to check at cbi.iq neither the note count nor money supply has gone down.  

And tell me please what bearing the note count statistic has on a currencies value as a stand alone stat, not in reference to how much value is out there.  If I owe you a 100 dollar bill or 100 singles I still owe you 100 bucks.  I want the same thing everyone else wants but I feel this note count stuff is way off base.  Breitling has been pushing this theory with holes imo.  The note count is around 4 billion and according to the cbi website has been since Ive been following this in 2009.  Breitling always glosses over where he is getting the 9 billion count from but claims it was once 9 billion, now is 4 billion and they want to get it to 1 billion before they rv.  Several articles have stated that the remove the 0s program aims to take the note count from 4 billion to 1 billion but I think they are saying after the fact not before, several are redenomination articles. Note count means nothing at all if it doesnt reduce the money supply.  According to the cbis numbers which you can feel free to check at cbi.iq neither the note count nor money supply has gone down.

Hello Amel ! I don't know and I'm just thinking out loud...okay....why couldn't The CBI use all of these large denoms to draw the smalls and then destroy what they need to to reduce the note count, then RV or what does it really matter with fiat currency because here in the good old USA I'm sure that the Fed has never quit printing dollars. If you have any insight I'm all ears. Thanks

Hello Amel ! I don't know and I'm just thinking out loud...okay....why couldn't The CBI use all of these large denoms to draw the smalls and then destroy what they need to to reduce the note count, then RV or what does it really matter with fiat currency because here in the good old USA I'm sure that the Fed has never quit printing dollars. If you have any insight I'm all ears. Thanks

Haha, wish I knew Tex.  It doesnt make much sense to me.  On one hand it sure looks like a standard redenomination where they are coming out with a 50k which will eventually be a 50.  On the other hand why not just get that over with now then and come out with the lower denoms now.  If they arent ready with the lower denoms and they really have a liquidity issue bringing out more of the already in print dinar makes more sense to me then printing a new higher note which will only be valid for a short while if its going to lose 3 0's soon.  It costs too much to print this new currency as just a stop gap for a few months.  On the surface its a real head scratcher.  Hoping for the best.  Maybe we wont even see these, theyre saying early next month, a lot could happen between now and then.

• Upvote 1

Haha, wish I knew Tex.  It doesnt make much sense to me.  On one hand it sure looks like a standard redenomination where they are coming out with a 50k which will eventually be a 50.  On the other hand why not just get that over with now then and come out with the lower denoms now.  If they arent ready with the lower denoms and they really have a liquidity issue bringing out more of the already in print dinar makes more sense to me then printing a new higher note which will only be valid for a short while if its going to lose 3 0's soon.  It costs too much to print this new currency as just a stop gap for a few months.  On the surface its a real head scratcher.  Hoping for the best.  Maybe we wont even see these, theyre saying early next month, a lot could happen between now and then.

Thanks a lot Amel ! I was thinking about the same thing on the cost issue on these new notes, they are designed to last a long time in circulation but out of circulation or in the federal reserve they would have a long shelf life.

And tell me please what bearing the note count statistic has on a currencies value as a stand alone stat, not in reference to how much value is out there. If I owe you a 100 dollar bill or 100 singles I still owe you 100 bucks. I want the same thing everyone else wants but I feel this note count stuff is way off base. Breitling has been pushing this theory with holes imo. The note count is around 4 billion and according to the cbi website has been since Ive been following this in 2009. Breitling always glosses over where he is getting the 9 billion count from but claims it was once 9 billion, now is 4 billion and they want to get it to 1 billion before they rv. Several articles have stated that the remove the 0s program aims to take the note count from 4 billion to 1 billion but I think they are saying after the fact not before, several are redenomination articles. Note count means nothing at all if it doesnt reduce the money supply. According to the cbis numbers which you can feel free to check at cbi.iq neither the note count nor money supply has gone down.

Hmmm. One more try, and with the exception of the USD. I forget the exact figures for the value of all Iraqi assets, compared to how many notes were in circulation at their highest point. So the following will simply be figures to illustrate my point while answering your question. For discussion purposes Iraqi assets (precious metals, agriculture, industrial, and oil ) total 47 trillion dinars. This amount is represented by the current amount of physical individual notes of varying denominations in the collective amount of 30 billion notes. Because Iraq has built or re-built a good portion of its infrastructure on the cheap, in preparation of placing a representative world market value to their currency, theybnownreduce the note count. With a goal of getting to the amount of physical notes in circulation just prior to Saddam trying to claim Kuwait as its territory. (Which was 1'billion or 1 million I believe.) for purposes of this example, we have 47 trillion dinar of asset value representing the net worth of Iraq. Represented by 30 billion individual notes. Now remove 21 billion notes from circulation. You are left with 9 billion notes representing the value of 47 trillion dinars ofmIraqi assets. Then you reduce the note count down from 9 billion to 1 billion individual notes still representing 47 trillion Iraqi dinar. It's simple math at this point. Division to be exact. You start out with 47 trillion dinar divided by 30 billion to get the value of each physical note. You finish by dividing 47 trillion dinar worth of assets by 1 billion notes. See the math is simple, that's how a reduction of physical notes counted in circulation can increase the value of IQD.

Do not be confused by the inner workings of the CBI. Who despite reaching their stated goal of reducing the note count down to pre-invasion amounts; ( I am not saying they have reached that goal. ) manipulates the market value of its currency to 1170 IQD to 1 USD for whatever reasons they do that for. Wanting to rebuild some more of their infrastructure on they cheap, draw international business to set up,shop in their country verses their neighbors. Thereby Increasing their asset values. Just like China does. Thus, we are left with a undervalued currency of a country, that could if they chose to, allow their currency to hold a international value of 2.87 IQD to 1 USD. A huge POTENTIAL increase in value if you bought said currency when it was valued at 1/10 of a U.S. penney, you would be sitting pretty. Because if you had 1 million IQD before the RV, you would have 2.87 million USD if you cashed it in.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Downvote 1

logical for sure

They should just come out with two 20 trillion dinar notes.  Recall all the other dinar.  Claim a note count of two.  Revalue at five dollars per dinar, then give the two notes worth a 100 trillion dollars to Abadi and Shabibi as a thank you.   :eyebrows:  

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. One more try, and with the exception of the USD. I forget the exact figures for the value of all Iraqi assets, compared to how many notes were in circulation at their highest point. So the following will simply be figures to illustrate my point while answering your question. For discussion purposes Iraqi assets (precious metals, agriculture, industrial, and oil ) total 47 trillion dinars. This amount is represented by the current amount of physical individual notes of varying denominations in the collective amount of 30 billion notes. Because Iraq has built or re-built a good portion of its infrastructure on the cheap, in preparation of placing a representative world market value to their currency, theybnownreduce the note count. With a goal of getting to the amount of physical notes in circulation just prior to Saddam trying to claim Kuwait as its territory. (Which was 1'billion or 1 million I believe.) for purposes of this example, we have 47 trillion dinar of asset value representing the net worth of Iraq. Represented by 30 billion individual notes. Now remove 21 billion notes from circulation. You are left with 9 billion notes representing the value of 47 trillion dinars ofmIraqi assets. Then you reduce the note count down from 9 billion to 1 billion individual notes still representing 47 trillion Iraqi dinar. It's simple math at this point. Division to be exact. You start out with 47 trillion dinar divided by 30 billion to get the value of each physical note. You finish by dividing 47 trillion dinar worth of assets by 1 billion notes. See the math is simple, that's how a reduction of physical notes counted in circulation can increase the value of IQD.

Do not be confused by the inner workings of the CBI. Who despite reaching their stated goal of reducing the note count down to pre-invasion amounts; ( I am not saying they have reached that goal. ) manipulates the market value of its currency to 1170 IQD to 1 USD for whatever reasons they do that for. Wanting to rebuild some more of their infrastructure on they cheap, draw international business to set up,shop in their country verses their neighbors. Thereby Increasing their asset values. Just like China does. Thus, we are left with a undervalued currency of a country, that could if they chose to, allow their currency to hold a international value of 2.87 IQD to 1 USD. A huge POTENTIAL increase in value if you bought said currency when it was valued at 1/10 of a U.S. penney, you would be sitting pretty. Because if you had 1 million IQD before the RV, you would have 2.87 million USD if you cashed it in.

Assets aren't compared to notes in calculations. They are compared to individual monetary units.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your explanation new york kevin.

Hoping for the best outcome, but to be honest I was not expecting a 50k note to hit the market.

Go Iraq

Go CBI

Go dinar

Go increase exchange rate.

• Upvote 1

new category will lead to stimulate the citizens to keep the Iraqi currency instead of the dollar, boosting the purchasing power of a currency and therefore it is in the interest of the Iraqi economy,"

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/211228-parliamentary-finance-the-issuance-of-class-50-000-will-enhance-the-purchasing-power-of-our-currency/#ixzz3rHThOKfE

that was my first thought.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I did notice that this new note has a Kurdish Waterfall but does not have the Kurdish language . Only Arabic.

I've read and reread everyone's take on reducing the note count but i still don't get it.  A buck is a buck and a dinar is a dinar. I do understand that the note count may be  reduced but the total amount of dinar in  circulation will be the same.

But I also worry that  the M-1 might actually increase. The CBI has been more than happy to let foreigners buy up their currency and stash it away in our closets. They will be more than happy to do the same with these new notes.

They will not be selling us these 50K notes for lower denomination dinars. They will be selling them to us for US Dollars

Remember currency is not money

fiat-currency-value_2.jpg

Gold is Money

IMG_3082a.jpg

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for your explanation new york kevin.

Hoping for the best outcome, but to be honest I was not expecting a 50k note to hit the market.

Go Iraq

Go CBI

Go dinar

Go increase exchange rate.

Same here NYK. LB I was thinking the same thing. I was not expecting these notes to hit the market. If they did I was expecting them to be used between banks. I am a little concerned and was waiting to see what Adams take was on this. I know he stated that the old and new notes would be honored. As far as us investors go, we are just a flea. What I do not know was if the dinar was worth say $3.30 one day and the next .00086 these people lost everything over night, they can RV the same way. We are just going to have to wait it his out. Any ideas from the group?

• Upvote 1