Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The central bank issued banknotes fifty thousand Dinars category

yota691

How did the people in "some Baltic states" obtain currency? Did they throw the old away because it was worthless? Did the government and banks just hand out new currency to people, maybe on streets corners, to distribute the new currency? Or was there a currency exchange: one old note for one new note within a certain time period. Or couldn't your brother figure that one out?

Hey Carrello!  Great to see you!  My wife and I are in Napa this week and the next time that we are here, it will be to visit YOU!!!  BOOM! RV POWA!

• Upvote 2

CNN. Broadcasting The Ongoing Threat For Larger Denominations !

Parliamentary Finance for "Light": The government will offer two categories of 50 thousand and 100 thousand in the markets

September 16 / September 2015

Light News / Baghdad

Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed, on Wednesday, the determination of the Iraqi government to ask the two categories of 50 thousand and 100 thousand dinars in the market, noting that the 50 A category will go soon, while the 100 A class will be in the next year, while confirming that put these two categories will not affect the monetary value of the Iraqi dinar.

He said the Commission's decision Ahmed Haji Rashid in an interview for "light News", that "the Iraqi paper category compared to a few low other categories, for example, that the highest category we have is 25 thousand dinars, compared to the dollar as a class $ 100, the single sheet of paper equivalent to five categories of 25 thousand dinars, Therefore, the Government believes that issued the 50 and 100 thousand dinars categories to avoid this. "

And on the date put these two categories, between Rashid, said that "all the procedures and preparations completed and is waiting to be offered to the market and was supposed to raise 50 thousand category in the month of July, confirmed the Governor of the Central Bank, it will go on the market soon, and the 100 A category It will go in the next year. "

And about their impact on the monetary value of the Iraqi dinar, he confirmed the decision of the Finance Committee, it "will not affect the monetary value of the Iraqi dinar, as the Iraqi currency is linked to the Federal Balaanaat difficult and gold coins, and these two are linked to the cash value of the Iraqi dinar."

http://alnoornews.net/index.php/2011-11-12-17-32-20/item/25674-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%80%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%88%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%B1%D8%AD-%D9%81%D8%A6%D8%AA%D9%8A-50-%D8%A3%D9%84%D9%81-%D9%88100-%D8%A3%D9%84%D9%81-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%82

Still no picture...

Ya, They've Running These Large Denom Articles Off And On For The Past Six Months (See Article From Sept. Above) ! ;)

:D:D:D

Thx For Bringin' It Master Yota ! B)

• Upvote 3

Hey Carrello!  Great to see you!  My wife and I are in Napa this week and the next time that we are here, it will be to visit YOU!!!  BOOM! RV POWA!

Have fun, drj, and you are right. Next time we can have wine and appetizers on my deck. Red or white?

Just so everyone knows, this news is also announced on the CBI website, on the Arabic site only.

Not transferred to the English Site, at least not yet.

CBI site- (Statement) For the purpose of completing the structure of Iraqi banknotes and develop high-value category in circulation, the Central Bank is pleased to announce to the public issuance of banknotes (50000) dinars (IQD 50,000)

(Statement) For the purpose of completing the structure of Iraqi banknotes and develop high-value category in circulation, the Central Bank is pleased to announce to the public issuance of banknotes (50000) dinars (IQD 50,000)

2015/11/11

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/press%20for%2011-11-2015.pdf

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If these do hit the street, it's not good. Reducing note count has nothing to do with number of individual Dinar.

Have fun, drj, and you are right. Next time we can have wine and appetizers on my deck. Red or white?

CBI site- (Statement) For the purpose of completing the structure of Iraqi banknotes and develop high-value category in circulation, the Central Bank is pleased to announce to the public issuance of banknotes (50000) dinars (IQD 50,000)

(Statement) For the purpose of completing the structure of Iraqi banknotes and develop high-value category in circulation, the Central Bank is pleased to announce to the public issuance of banknotes (50000) dinars (IQD 50,000)

2015/11/11http://www.cbi.iq/documents/press%20for%2011-11-2015.pdf

Integrativedoc: What? Think about it. Reducing the note count has nothing to do with the number of individual dinar! Really? If I take 1 note out of circulation, any note, does that not reduce all,notes by 1? That also decreases the number of individual dinar ... by one.

For the purpose of "completing" the structure of Iraqi bank notes. Just the sound of that, sounds good. Almost as good as developing a high value category in circulation. So the structure is complete. This will allow them at least to facilitate Iraqi bank to Iraqi bank transfers. Coupled with their new electronic funds system and debit cards. Swipe machines, et al . I believe they will reduce the note count as they have said they would before an RV/RI., with this new 50k note. Which would place them in a better position to RV t a higher rate. At least it would place them in a position where they COULD support a higher rate if they chose to. I would not doubt this as a sincere possibility. We all know that if this would happen and they brought the value in at 50 cents, a ton of people world wide, outside of Iraq would turn their IQD in. Further soildifying the value/worth of the IQD by reducing the individual note count in circulation . Even if the individual countries held the notes in country by adding it to their reserves. This would increase the velocity behind the IQD, as more and more countries would be able to use IQD in international transactions.

But I could be wrong, but I hope I am not. It's all a matter of when will they finally pull the trigger and start this snowball rolling own the hill?

• Upvote 4

They will end up printing all new currency.This will make what WE are holding insolvent.this is what they did in some Baltic states.My brother was working over there for many years and all of the americans invest in the currency and lost their ass because of a reprint.these guys had a suitcase full of basically worthless paper.

Sorry to hear that.........that sucked. Hope ur wrong here, but it is a possibility.

All this questions comes to my mind.

Why print a 50k note when the CBI is "trying" to delete the 000's

Why print a 50k note when the CBI has been reducing the note count for years

Why print a 50k note with the same purchasing power

Why not a picture of the note, when the CBI has been taking about this for the last 6 month

Why print a 50k when BIG money transactions are done electronically

Maybe the CBI goal is to reduce the note count even more... only reason for a 50k note

I think they're taking about lower denomination notes with more value.

Go CBI

Go monetary reform

Go dinar

Go increase exchange rate

• Upvote 4

What's wrong with you? Really. Or should I ask: which of the three of you are speaking ? We know it's not our old friend SgtFury.

Unfortunately the question is witch of the two of them is speaking.....We lost one about a year or so ago....but no worries the gals are certainly spry 

• Upvote 5

qqwgryjthjm.jpgCentral Bank of Iraq building in Baghdad

Iraqi Central Bank revealed, Wednesday, issuing banknotes category (50) thousand dinars, noting that the new category is dominated by light brown color with included a number of security and artistic marks.

The central bank said in a statement, Radio tow briefed him that "for the purpose of completing the Iraqi banknotes structure and the development of high-class value in circulation, the Central Bank of Iraq is pleased to announce to the public the Holy issuing banknotes category (50000) dinars (fifty thousand dinars) dimensions 65 mm width 0.156 mm length, predominantly light brown except Framework motifs taken bold color, "noting that" banknote was printed using high-quality paper from printing quality with a number of security and artistic marks. "

He said the central bank in its statement, that "the new banknote include dates Hijri and Gregorian, and the signature of Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq Agency (Ali Mohsen Ismail), as well as the serial number of the paper consists of break includes rugs letter Z and primarily sequence edition, in addition to the sheet sequence in decimal and put the figure on the right side vertically at the bottom of the left side of the paper horizontally. "

The statement pointed out, that "the face of the paper included schematic picture of a paddle wheel Euphrates and palm trees in the middle of the paper and a picture of a Kurdistan Falls on the right side of the paper, as well as the presence of a security tag has printed magnetic ink variable color (Spark) in color from blue to change to green when the note is tilted ".

The statement, that "the other side of the paper contains a graphic image of the Iraqi Marshlands, includes a reed house and a number of fishermen and a group of animals (buffaloes and birds) and images of palm Iraq with Tigris and Euphrates rivers planning within the map of Iraq," adding that "it was the banknote paint coating markets in order to extend the life of the paper and protect it from dirt and dust. "