Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISIS gets $1.53 million per day in crude oil sales in Syria

bigwave

The world is crying out loud right now ! No one needs permission from the UN or anyone else if your citizens are getting slaughtered. ISIS must be eradicated or there will be no peace. If they mess with Israel they will more than likely get nuked ! Ain't life grand ! Personally I think that the tree huggers need to stand back if they don't have the juevos or stomach to do what is needed, y'all can clean up the mess afterwards as usual. :eagle:  

• Upvote 1

I am not a tree hugger.  I have spent over 40 years in the oil patches of Oklahoma and Texas--boots on the ground, not in some high rise office in Houston.  I have also witnessed first hand what happens to an oil field when it is bombed.  After the first Gulf War, my team spent nearly two years cleaning up a lake of oil on the  Kuwaiti desert that was over 20 miles long,1 mile wide in places and 20 feet deep; all total we pumped over 2 1/2 billion barrels of oil back into the producing formations.

Yes, zzztop you are stupid because you don't accept enlightenment to lift you out of your ignorance.  There are many viable options to cut off the flow of revenues from black market oil sales--many have been suggested in this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

How about another solution to this. If we know how much oil ISIS is selling, then we know WHO is BUYING it. Put their names right up there on the front page. Make their lives miserable. Boycott their products. Put the economic hammer on their butt with world sanctions. There are many ways to stop the sale of ISIS oil without destroying the infrastructure, or the environment. I realize our gut reaction is to bomb the wells, but I'd like to know who is buying their oil and put them front and center on world view. Then sanction the crap out of their economies. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the Chinese buying it.

What if it turns out to be the United States?

• Upvote 3

I am not a tree hugger.  I have spent over 40 years in the oil patches of Oklahoma and Texas--boots on the ground, not in some high rise office in Houston.  I have also witnessed first hand what happens to an oil field when it is bombed.  After the first Gulf War, my team spent nearly two years cleaning up a lake of oil on the  Kuwaiti desert that was over 20 miles long,1 mile wide in places and 20 feet deep; all total we pumped over 2 1/2 billion barrels of oil back into the producing formations.

Yes, zzztop you are stupid because you don't accept enlightenment to lift you out of your ignorance.  There are many viable options to cut off the flow of revenues from black market oil sales--many have been suggested in this thread.

But the fact is, moron, that the fields are being bombed just like I said they should.  There has been no environmental catastrophe.

Edited by zzztop
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oil is sold on the open market. People KNOW who is buying oil from ISIS. Satellites can easily track oil trucks to their terminus. I have just enough faith left in my government to believe we are NOT buying ISIS oil. If we don't trust our government, we need to remember how they got there. We put them there by our vote. We voted them in. Next time we vote, we need to be sure we are aware of the candidates ideologies before pulling the lever, because once they get in it is very difficult to get them out. Bombing the oil fields is a photo op for politicians. We can shut off the oil faucet in other ways. Save the bombs for the fanatics causing all this.

• Upvote 2

Oil is sold on the open market. People KNOW who is buying oil from ISIS. Satellites can easily track oil trucks to their terminus. I have just enough faith left in my government to believe we are NOT buying ISIS oil. If we don't trust our government, we need to remember how they got there. We put them there by our vote. We voted them in. Next time we vote, we need to be sure we are aware of the candidates ideologies before pulling the lever, because once they get in it is very difficult to get them out. Bombing the oil fields is a photo op for politicians. We can shut off the oil faucet in other ways. Save the bombs for the fanatics causing all this.

I get to bow out on this one, as my vote here in CA has not counted for years now. 

I am at odds with the libturds here.

• Upvote 1

Call him what you want Rasica I guess I'm just old school now, but Putin is a powerful man that is capable of destroying any of his enemies. And yes he is 100 % right in the statement that is quoted. I do think that he is smarter than who's at our helm now, but it kind of makes you wonder what his next move will be.

• Upvote 1

hey I do not trust him either, but he has been involved in Syria against ISI for what two weeks...look at what the Russians have done compared to the US...where our boys/Gals are held back from doing what they do best!!!!!

We are on the same page SG and today I met a black vet that told me if The Obama Administration would leave the tacticals to the Generals that they would handle what needs to be handled. He also stated that we don't have a large enough military to deal with today's problems. I won't repeat what he said about you know who ! But I can assure you he was an American to the bone.
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a tree hugger. I have spent over 40 years in the oil patches of Oklahoma and Texas--boots on the ground, not in some high rise office in Houston. I have also witnessed first hand what happens to an oil field when it is bombed. After the first Gulf War, my team spent nearly two years cleaning up a lake of oil on the Kuwaiti desert that was over 20 miles long,1 mile wide in places and 20 feet deep; all total we pumped over 2 1/2 billion barrels of oil back into the producing formations.

Yes, zzztop you are stupid because you don't accept enlightenment to lift you out of your ignorance. There are many viable options to cut off the flow of revenues from black market oil sales--many have been suggested in this thread.

Thanks for articulating. What an environmental blight to the diservice of humanity and nature to do something like that... He expresses ignorance. And ignorance is not bliss - it is dangerous!

Thank you janieb1 for making a stance ! I respect anyone who does the same whether I agree or not, it is important to all of us to know why we are here and I appreciate your response for which I do not have first hand sight !

And I appreciate your open mind and humilty

What if it turns out to be the United States?

Then stop it. We don't need that kind of evil for our own gain.