Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the Earth Flat?

Peace

Here is the square miles, you do the hemisphere calculations.  

1. Asia - 17,139,445 square miles (44,391,162 square km)

2. Africa - 11,677,239 square miles (30,244,049 square km)

3. North America - 9,361,791 square miles (24,247,039 square km)

4. South America - 6,880,706 square miles (17,821,029 square km)

5. Antarctica - About 5,500,000 square miles (14,245,000 square km)

6. Europe - 3,997,929 square miles (10,354,636 square km)

7. Australia - 2,967,909 square miles (7,686,884 square km)

Hi Rick

Before reading your post I went through a similar exercise which confirms what you have done. I am also feeling that maybe I made a mistake and would appreciate it if others can check it and let us know if there is any error in the calculation. Otherwise it seems solid proof that the earth is not a ball...

I think I just came across the most obvious and totally undeniable proof that the earth is not a globe.

Global coordinates are latitude and longitude. Both are in degrees. Latitude is the circles that go around the globe. The circle around the equator is zero and it goes up to 90 degrees north, that is the north pole and down to 90 degrees south, that is the south pole. The distance each degree covers is about 81 miles I think and that is going to be the same on a ball earth and a flat earth. So not controversy here.

But Longitude is the number of degrees starting from Greenwich, which is close to London. That is zero and it goes around the globe 360 degrees back to Greenwich...

So on a globe the distance that one degree would cover changes dramatically. It is very small at the poles and at its maximum at the equator.

So if the Earth was a globe we would expect the distance covered within one degree of latitude to increase from the north pole up to the equator where it would be at its maximum and then it should start to decease back to zero at the south pole...

This is very easy to check and it appears that it does not decrease as you go into the southern hemisphere but instead increases. It is very simple to check and anyone can do it.

For example:

Very roughly the distance from the equator and of the trip from New York to Los Angeles and the distance from the equator of the trip between Sydney and Perth is about the same. Very roughly the trip in the US is around 35 degrees North of the Equator and the trip in Australia is roughly 35 degrees South of the Equator...

So we would expect to travel roughly the same distance as we travel through one degree of longitude on both trips. But the big surprise is we do not. We have to travel a lot more kilometeres to cover one degree of latitude in Australia than we have to do in the US. Which can not be if the earth is a globe...

New York: 40° 45' N, 73° 59' W -- Los Angeles: 34° 3' N, 118° 14' W

On this trip you cover 44.25 degrees of longitude (118.23 - 73.98 = 44.25) so 3936 km / 44.25 = 89 Kilometers per degree of longitude. Which is OK for a globe earth because if you multiply 89 * 360 (360 degrees makes a complete circle) that comes to 32040 km which is considerably less than the circumference of the earth at equator = 40075 km. So everything is good for a globe earth. Great.

But things start to get very crazy when we do the same thing for the Sydney - Perth trip...

Sydney: 33° 52' S, 151° 12' E -- Perth: 31° 57' S 115° 52' E

Here we cover 35 degrees of longitude and the distance is about 4110 km so that means we have to travel 117.5 km (4110 / 35) to cover one degree of longitude. Which is much more than the 89 kilometers we had to travel to cover one degree in the Northen Hemisphere at roughly the same distance from the equator... Very strange. Very strange indeed.

And even stranger if we multiply out the distance we have to travel in one degree by 360 to get the circumference of the 'ball' earth in Australia it comes to 117.5 * 360 = 42300 km. Which is totally impossible if the earth is a globe... Because the circumference at the equator is only 40075 km... So in Australia, South of the Equator, the circumference of the earth must be less than 40075... If the earth is a globe. But it is not and anyone can easily check this.

So unless you can point out some mistake in this calculation this is 100% solid proof that the earth is not a globe...

It is rather uncomfortable for me so if I have made a mistake please someone point it out...

We should get much the same circumference for the earth in Australia as they have in the USA... Something like 32000 km. But it is not 32000 km, it is about 42000 km... This is impossible. 10,000 km bigger than what we would expect if the earth was a globe... More than 2000 km bigger than the earth is at the equator. Certainly not a globe...

http://fakeologist.com/2015/04/19/ricks-flat-earth-proof/

take a look at that link, the northern hemisphere is tracking fineits below the equator that longitude becomes funny

alright i gotta be gone for a while. but in the meantime...peace out

Edited by Peace
  • Upvote 1

Peace my friend, I understand all that you've written above, I understand your struggles, sorry I can't copy and paste so I will try and answer your concerns, with simplicity... as I hear the Holy Spirit. 

First the deception is out there and it will be there till Kingdom comes.  Its only human nature to want to dig deeper behind deception, why wouldn't we.   In doing so we have to incorporate God's love in all we do.  To know God, is to dig deeper within your heart of trusting in Him.  God is all knowing and He will reveal to us what we need to know and do to get to heaven. Like LGD mentioned we have to ask God to grant us strong faith so that we will always believe. 

Which leads me to mental prayer, the mind is not limited to just words, but is moved by various ideas.  The mind can stir sentiments in the heart. Mental prayer promotes greater understanding of the teachings of Christ.  In all, when we go through mental prayer it will eventually lead to prayer of the heart.  This is where the changes begin, we grow in the love of God and practice our Christian virtues, Faith, Hope and Charity. 

We aren't likely going to hear God speak to us audibly, but we sense things in our hearts.  God can make us aware of certain things, or a feeling of comfort or even consolation may come over us, or a sense of trust that God has heard us out. 

When our prayer becomes more intense and pervades our daily activities, we will find ourselves living in a loving union with God.

Spiritual reading is a must, it nourishes prayer, its part of knowing God's will. Helps us grasp the truths of our faith.  Reading gives us the desire to know, to love and serve the Lord in this life and to be happy with Him forever in the next.  

It's our Faith that will lead us to our answers..." He who is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much" Luke 16:10

We, you, and I want to avoid blind stubbornness, instead, God's will, will-bring unforeseen blessing.

Peace, this is where to begin in order to deal with deception.  :)

• Upvote 4

Patty, after I left the last post i had to go search "purpose and life and typed astrotheology" cuz lately ive been guided to that direction only cuz it clarifies and unites for my mind and heart so i just got through reading this...its pretty long, so i don't except most to read it...but it sure made me feel better, here it is...its saying there is a difference between "christ" and "jesus" and that the romans hijacked and adulterated it, i found it very interesting but also how it spoke of the christ being mediator as a spirit between god and matter...for those who can stomache the read, i found it uplifting... basically we are god in matter, that is the descent, and that the "kristos" aka "christ" is the divine spark that is the bridge between god and matter, i found it awesome and even comforting...it has nothing to do with the man jesus, it touches on that...

http://astrotheology.weebly.com/restoringkeys2.html

It made me feel good anyway :)

• Upvote 1

By the way, will you please identify the "four corners" of the earth on the circle of the earth?  

Firstly lets take your question and fit that with the globe model. So to rephrase...If there are four corners then where are they on the globe model? ...

Ok, the only way four corners (im assuming we are talking hard angles) were to make sense is in a circle not a sphere. If I draw a circle and then make a cross (4 equal quadrants) then I can place my "corners" at the edge...they would be 180 degrees in opposition or 90 degrees apart. So it is possible on a flat earth disc. How is it even possible on a the Globe?
So you are saying that the "flat earth" has corners at each degree and that the "four corners" can be rotated to any position as long as they stay at the 180 degrees or 90 degrees apart?  Or the square can rotate like the hands of the clock and still maintain their "four corners?"  If so, then with the same principle the "square" could rotate on an axes, the spinning "square" would also fit a global configuration.  At least according to your theory.  
When man had no revelation and did not know God they believed that the earth was flat.  It was not till God communicated with mankind that we (mankind) had revelation to understand that the earth was global.

Much in the Bible demonstrates advanced scientific knowledge – that is, God revealed

through human scribes information that only He knew long before scientists discovered

these truths. For example:

• The exact order of events in the origin of all things. “In a day when the ancient

polytheistic myths of origin prevailed, the author of Genesis declared that the

universe came into being out of nothing by the act of a theistic God in the exact

order that modern science discovered a millennium and a half later,” writes

Geisler. “The universe came first (Gen. 1:1a), then the earth (1:1b), then the land

and sea (1:10). After this came life in the sea (1:21), then land animals (1:24-25),

and finally … human beings (1:27). This too supports the view that the author of

Genesis had access to some intelligence as to how the Creator made the universe”

(p. 545).

• Reproduction after each creature’s own kind. This scientific fact runs contrary to

many ancient and even early modern views. Observation and the fossil record

demonstrate that each type of life produces its own kind. 

• The earth as the raw material of human bodies. Many ancient polytheistic

beliefs claim that people cam from the gods; the Koran teaches that human beings

were made from a blood clot (Sura 23:14); but the Bible explains that God made

Adam from the earth (Gen. 2:7). 

• Rain water returning to its source (Eccl.. 1:7). Perhaps without even

understanding it, the writer recorded the process of evaporation, condensation,

and precipitation long before scientists figured it out.

• The shape of the world as it hangs in space. Job (26:7) and Isaiah (40:22) make

remarkable statements contrary to the ancient belief that the earth was flat, or

square. Some myths held that the earth rested on the back of Hercules or on

pillars, but the Bible states otherwise. 

• Life is in the blood (Lev. 17:11), a fact declared in scripture more than 3,000

years ago and only fairly recently attested to in science.

• The sea’s paths and boundaries (Ps. 8:8; Prov. 8:29). The continental shelf that

makes this possible is a fairly recent scientific discovery. 

• The laws of sanitation (Lev. 12-15). Long before there was scientific knowledge

of bacteria and germs, God instructed His people through laws of sanitation to

protect themselves from diseases spread by unseen organisms.  

My point is that science is finding out things that the Bible revealed centuries ago.  
I have no problem with science properly used.  I do have problems with individuals
making the Bible say things that are based on ancient beliefs, which have long since 
been disproved.  Nothing has disproved the Bible when properly understood, but there
are many individuals who take the Bible so literally that they miss the greater truth and
revelation of God.  I fear that those who believe in a "flat earth" are in that group.  

I have no problem believing in a "flat earth."  With God all things are possible.  However
I do think that with what we know today, it is fighting against the logic of what is reality.  

Also, cuz i like looking up words, the word "kanaph" is the hebrew word from which corners has been translated which has also been used as boundaries and or ends...but i just made you a "corner".  Or, it could mean to the ends of the earth.  It also mean the "chief of the clan, tribe, or movement."   

What substance makes up the  "firmament" to make it a hard surface?   How thick is it?  While you're finding that information, you might tell us what the "hard surface" of the "firmament"  is made of: gold? silver? tin-foil? Honestly, Why do those details hang you up? I'll attempt to answer these questions if you answer the science behind how and why elements don't turn to gas after leaving the thermosphere?

God has put some things in place that I don't know if we will ever understand completely.  We have an atmosphere that has been placed around the entire globe which protects us from the suns rays.  It serves as the "dome" that makes our environment livable.  How He did it and what keeps it in place ultimately is known by God; not by mankind.  

We do know that it is not solid.  Meteorites come through all the time; and now we have space vehicles that go into space through it. (And please do tell me that going to the  moon in rockets, or sending probes into space is impossible. I find the conspiracy theories by hacks on a mission, rather amusing. Most who promote them are looking for another to promote.) 

If, as you say, that the earth is flat, how is it fixed in its place? God,! why are you acting like God doesn't have the power to suspend a piece of mass in suspended animation?!

God does have the power to suspend the earth "in it's place," along with all the planets, stars, galaxies, and universeS in the cosmos.  Every thing has its on place and has had since the creation of the cosmos of time, space, matter, and intelligence in the universe.  But from what has been written and said in these posts, one would draw the conclusion that the earth was floating aimlessly in space.  

Patty, after I left the last post i had to go search "purpose and life and typed astrotheology" cuz lately ive been guided to that direction only cuz it clarifies and unites for my mind and heart so i just got through reading this...its pretty long, so i don't except most to read it...but it sure made me feel better, here it is...its saying there is a difference between "christ" and "jesus" and that the romans hijacked and adulterated it, i found it very interesting but also how it spoke of the christ being mediator as a spirit between god and matter...for those who can stomache the read, i found it uplifting... basically we are god in matter, that is the descent, and that the "kristos" aka "christ" is the divine spark that is the bridge between god and matter, i found it awesome and even comforting...it has nothing to do with the man jesus, it touches on that...

http://astrotheology.weebly.com/restoringkeys2.html

It made me feel good anyway :)

Ridiculous.   The writer certainly knows little about the Bible and nothing about Christ Jesus, the LORD.  

This is ancient gnosticism and is throughly refuted by Paul, the apostle in some of his letters in the Bible.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Hi Kumby... I did some checking on your calculations... please see below.  Your main mistake was the distance between Sydney and Perth (off by like 800 km... I think you used the driving distance on that one!).... affecting your entire outcome.  Good work, otherwise!

Hi Rick

Before reading your post I went through a similar exercise which confirms what you have done. I am also feeling that maybe I made a mistake and would appreciate it if others can check it and let us know if there is any error in the calculation. Otherwise it seems solid proof that the earth is not a ball...

I think I just came across the most obvious and totally undeniable proof that the earth is not a globe.

Global coordinates are latitude and longitude. Both are in degrees. Latitude is the circles that go around the globe. The circle around the equator is zero and it goes up to 90 degrees north, that is the north pole and down to 90 degrees south, that is the south pole. The distance each degree covers is about 81 miles I think and that is going to be the same on a ball earth and a flat earth. So not controversy here.

But Longitude is the number of degrees starting from Greenwich, which is close to London. That is zero and it goes around the globe 360 degrees back to Greenwich...

So on a globe the distance that one degree would cover changes dramatically. It is very small at the poles and at its maximum at the equator.

So if the Earth was a globe we would expect the distance covered within one degree of latitude to increase from the north pole up to the equator where it would be at its maximum and then it should start to decease back to zero at the south pole...

This is very easy to check and it appears that it does not decrease as you go into the southern hemisphere but instead increases. It is very simple to check and anyone can do it.

For example:

Very roughly the distance from the equator and of the trip from New York to Los Angeles and the distance from the equator of the trip between Sydney and Perth is about the same. Very roughly the trip in the US is around 35 degrees North of the Equator and the trip in Australia is roughly 35 degrees South of the Equator..."ROUGHLY" MAKES A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE.  7 degrees (NY @40 & Sydney @33) changes the distance per latitude, as well as the differences between each set of cities... see below.  So, with these differences, the numbers really DO work the same for North and South Hemispheres. 

So we would expect to travel roughly the same distance as we travel through one degree of longitude on both trips (ONLY approx. 5 km difference per longitude). But the big surprise is we do not. We have to travel a lot more kilometeres to cover one degree of latitude in Australia than we have to do in the US. Which can not be if the earth is a globe...

New York: 40° 45' N, 73° 59' W -- Los Angeles: 34° 3' N, 118° 14' W (6 degrees different in latitude between cities, creating more angle/distance per longitude)

On this trip you cover 44.25 degrees of longitude (118.23 - 73.98 = 44.25) so 3936 km / 44.25 = 89 Kilometers per degree of longitude. Which is OK for a globe earth because if you multiply 89 * 360 (360 degrees makes a complete circle) that comes to 32040 km which is considerably less than the circumference of the earth at equator = 40075 km. So everything is good for a globe earth. Great.

But things start to get very crazy when we do the same thing for the Sydney - Perth trip... (Because your distance is off by 800 km)

Sydney: 33° 52' S, 151° 12' E -- Perth: 31° 57' S 115° 52' E (ONLY 2 degrees different in latitude between cities, less angle/distance per longitude)

Here we cover 35 degrees of longitude and the distance is about 4110 km (NO... 3294 km) so that means we have to travel 117.5 km (4110 / 35) (NO... 94.1 km) to cover one degree of longitude. Which is much more (NO, ONLY 5 km) than the 89 kilometers we had to travel to cover one degree in the Northen Hemisphere at roughly the same distance from the equator... Very strange. Very strange indeed.

And even stranger if we multiply out the distance we have to travel in one degree by 360 to get the circumference of the 'ball' earth in Australia it comes to 117.5 * 360 = 42300 km. (NO... 94.1 x 360 = 33,876) Which is totally impossible if the earth is a globe... Because the circumference at the equator is only 40075 km... So in Australia, South of the Equator, the circumference of the earth must be less than 40075...(IT IS!) If the earth is a globe. But it is not and anyone can easily check this.

So unless you can point out some mistake in this calculation (I did, SORRY) this is 100% solid proof that the earth is not a globe...

It is rather uncomfortable for me so if I have made a mistake please someone point it out...

We should get much the same circumference for the earth in Australia as they have in the USA... Something like 32000 km. (US 32,040 km and AUSTRALIA 33,876 km)  But it is not 32000 km, it is about 42000 km... This is impossible. 10,000 km bigger than what we would expect if the earth was a globe... More than 2000 km bigger than the earth is at the equator. Certainly not a globe...

http://fakeologist.com/2015/04/19/ricks-flat-earth-proof/

take a look at that link, the northern hemisphere is tracking fineits below the equator that longitude becomes funny

alright i gotta be gone for a while. but in the meantime...peace out

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 2

Methinks "Flatists" try TOO hard to persuade....

Astronomy is a terrible thing to waste!

Please leave the Bible out (for now)...we're talking PURE science here.

Faith is good, but we need hard prima facie facts...for now.

ONCE AGAIN, explain the nature of your "ice wall?"

Someone from National Geographic's wants to document it.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Jim...it kinda goes along with what I said above.

Some folks just have a deep seated psychological need for a conspiracy

theory to latch on to.

Hoping someone at NASA would give us a one day waiver to carefully** climb

half a football field up that wall.

**as to be going up and not falling over it.......HATE when that happens!

• Upvote 3

Thanks Jim...it kinda goes along with what I said above.

Some folks just have a deep seated psychological need for a conspiracy

theory to latch on to.

Hoping someone at NASA would give us a one day waiver to carefully** climb

half a football field up that wall.

**as to be going up and not falling over it.......HATE when that happens!

Hey chess :)

I think a lot of these theories go hand in hand. Another one is "hollow earth" etc.

Nothing any of us can do about any of it. Kind of like finding out there are other species

that live in space. May be, but if we ever found there were life out there for certain, it would

be really cool to know for sure, but I figure if there is, why would they want to be a part of

this mess we have on this planet? :lol:

Maybe our focus should be how we can make things better on this planet whether it is round, flat

or just a floating rock.

Have a good day chess

• Upvote 2

....what's really mind boggling are the two black holes out there generating the gravitational waves.

1.3 billion light years away!!.....(1) light year, alone, is about 6 trillion miles!!

:lol:

Kind of reminds us of just how small we really are. Also reminds us that

we know very little about what is actually "out there". I hope if there is other

life form out there, it is much more intelligent than us, because we may be able

to learn much from them!

I do wonder though if there is any Mcdonalds anywhere within those trillions of miles :lol:

• Upvote 2

....what's really mind boggling are the two black holes out there generating the gravitational waves.

1.3 billion light years away!!.....(1) light year, alone, is about 6 trillion miles!!

Says who? And how much money did they ask for to study them?

Funny how this comes right after Hussein Obama said he was de funding NASA.

Guess he needed that money to put his new Muslim Justice into the Supreme Court. 

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2016 at 1:03 PM, chess said:

Albert Einstein theorized about it 100 years ago.....blame him!

Obutthead will try to do worse than that......someone to the left of Karl Marx!!

I know I shouldn't but I gotta ask, How do they know how far those black holes are?

I mean who has ever been there? Imagine how long it would take for the most sophisticated lazier to beam 

there and back. Oh wait it wouldn't come back because nothing can escape the gravity well or a black hole. 

So how do they know? 

Einstein's theory was based on mathematical equations that had its roots founded in Algebra, a false math 

given to us by the same people that still live in the stone ages. Arabs. While the entire,"Space program", was 

given to us by the same evil men that followed Hitler and murdered 6.5 million Jews and tens of thousands of 

American servicemen. 

1stPhotoFromSpace.jpg__600x0_q85_upscale.jpg

First Photo From Space

In 1946, rocket-borne cameras gave us our first look at Earth from beyond the atmosphere

October 24, 1946, not long after the end of World War II and years before the Sputnik satellite opened the space age, a group of soldiers and scientists in the New Mexico desert saw something new and wonderful—the first pictures of Earth as seen from space.

The grainy, black-and-white photos were taken from an altitude of 65 miles by a 35-millimeter motion picture camera riding on a V-2 missile launched from the White Sands Missile Range. Snapping a new frame every second and a half, the rocket-borne camera climbed straight up, then fell back to Earth minutes later, slamming into the ground at 500 feet per second. The camera itself was smashed, but the film, protected in a steel cassette, was unharmed.

Fred Rulli was a 19-year-old enlisted man assigned to the recovery team that drove into the desert to retrieve film from those early V-2 shots. When the scientists found the cassette in good shape, he recalls, "They were ecstatic, they were jumping up and down like kids." Later, back at the launch site, "when they first projected [the photos] onto the screen, the scientists just went nuts."

Before 1946, the highest pictures ever taken of the Earth’s surface were from the Explorer II balloon, which had ascended 13.7 miles in 1935, high enough to discern the curvature of the Earth. The V-2 cameras reached more than five times that altitude, where they clearly showed the planet set against the blackness of space. When the movie frames were stitched together, Clyde Holliday, the engineer who developed the camera, wrote in National Geographic in 1950, the V-2 photos showed for the first time "how our Earth would look to visitors from another planet coming in on a space ship."

http://www.airspacemag.com/space/the-first-photo-from-space-13721411/?no-ist

To get the pics to look like a ball the scientists had to splice them all together

And they even admit that,

V2-panorama.jpg

http://media.airspacemag.com/images/V2-panorama.jpg

When in reality that,"CURVE", appeared to be there because of the rise and fall of the V2 rocket.  

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I know I shouldn't but I gotta ask, How do they know how far those black holes are?

I mean who has ever been there? Imagine how long it would take for the most sophisticated lazier to beam 

there and back. Oh wait it wouldn't come back because nothing can escape the gravity well or a black hole. 

So how do they know? 

Einstein's theory was based on mathematical equations that had its roots founded in Algebra, a false math 

given to us by the same people that still live in the stone ages. Arabs. While the entire,"Space program", was 

given to us by the same evil men that followed Hitler and murdered 6.5 million Jews and tens of thousands of 

American servicemen. 

1stPhotoFromSpace.jpg__600x0_q85_upscale.jpg

First Photo From Space

In 1946, rocket-borne cameras gave us our first look at Earth from beyond the atmosphere

October 24, 1946, not long after the end of World War II and years before the Sputnik satellite opened the space age, a group of soldiers and scientists in the New Mexico desert saw something new and wonderful—the first pictures of Earth as seen from space.

The grainy, black-and-white photos were taken from an altitude of 65 miles by a 35-millimeter motion picture camera riding on a V-2 missile launched from the White Sands Missile Range. Snapping a new frame every second and a half, the rocket-borne camera climbed straight up, then fell back to Earth minutes later, slamming into the ground at 500 feet per second. The camera itself was smashed, but the film, protected in a steel cassette, was unharmed.

Fred Rulli was a 19-year-old enlisted man assigned to the recovery team that drove into the desert to retrieve film from those early V-2 shots. When the scientists found the cassette in good shape, he recalls, "They were ecstatic, they were jumping up and down like kids." Later, back at the launch site, "when they first projected [the photos] onto the screen, the scientists just went nuts."

Before 1946, the highest pictures ever taken of the Earth’s surface were from the Explorer II balloon, which had ascended 13.7 miles in 1935, high enough to discern the curvature of the Earth. The V-2 cameras reached more than five times that altitude, where they clearly showed the planet set against the blackness of space. When the movie frames were stitched together, Clyde Holliday, the engineer who developed the camera, wrote in National Geographic in 1950, the V-2 photos showed for the first time "how our Earth would look to visitors from another planet coming in on a space ship."

http://www.airspacemag.com/space/the-first-photo-from-space-13721411/?no-ist

To get the pics to look like a ball the scientists had to splice them all together

And they even admit that,

V2-panorama.jpg

http://media.airspacemag.com/images/V2-panorama.jpg

When in reality that,"CURVE", appeared to be there because of the rise and fall of the V2 rocket.  

Sometimes pure logic and pure science can seem evil to the uninformed.....and the misguided.

• Upvote 2