Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the Earth Flat?

Peace

No wonder the world thinks we are loon tunes. This sort of topic does not help. Please section peace ASAP

Ps this thread is hilarious and made my day

So who's a bigger loon, the fool that knows what the word of God says 

Or the fool that waste his time attacking those who don't think like they do? 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So who's a bigger loon, the fool that knows what the word of God says 

Or the fool that waste his time attacking those who don't think like they do? 

I am open minded but this is just beyond open mindedness. Your right I should not attack people for their beliefs. I do believe in God but I draw the line at thinking the earth is flat maybe I am a sheeple who believes the science I was taught but come on really!!!!
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

ladyGrace'sDaddy

asking as I'm genuinely searching.

I Jehovah examine brains and test hearts, to give to each man what corresponds to his courses and to the fruit of his practices. (Jer 17:10 Byington)

I lift you a link that may have been missed, to (w13 7/15 p. 9-14) article “Look! I am with you all the days”) if viewed carefully with an open mind and honest heart, may start to uncover puzzle pieces to what your heart, has been searching? 

Link from post #545 http://wol.jw.org/en...r1/lp-e/2013531

The heart is trickier than anything and in a desperate state; who understands it? (Jer 17:11 Byington)

: )

• Upvote 1

I apologize for bumping this nonsense but this was funny!

Rapper B.o.B in 'flat Earth' Twitter battle with Neil deGrasse Tyson

Something to note for next time: don’t try to prove to your Twitter followers that the Earth is flat - Neil deGrasse Tyson might engage you in a battle of the twits.

Rapper B.o.B. took to the twitosphere Monday to take on the mostly widely-accepted scientific fact that the world is round, stating that he couldn’t see or prove the curvature of the Earth from where he was standing.

“A lot of people are turned off by the phrase 'flat earth' ... but there's no way u can see all the evidence and not know... grow up,” tweeted the rapper, who continued to tweet photos and sentiments to support his theory.

At one point, the rapper “congratulated” NASA for being gatekeepers of the edge of the Earth.

CZhrJa7WcAApoIJ.jpg

Eventually, his rant garnered the attention of astrophysicist rockstar Neil deGrasse Tyson, who explained, “Earth's curve indeed blocks 150 (not 170) ft of Manhattan. But most buildings in midtown are waaay taller than that.”

He continued, “Duude — to be clear: Being five centuries regressed in your reasoning doesn’t mean we all can’t still like your music”

In a further bizarre twist, B.o.B released the diss track "Flatline" late on Monday, which samples deGrasse Tyson.  

A nice recap of the twitter feeds can be found here.

The gang at RedEye had some fun with it too…  :lol:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4722257009001/rapper-bob-insists-earth-is-flat-in-series-of-twitter-posts/?intcmp=hpff#sp=show-clips

• Upvote 4

Thanks Bob, very interesting site.

I realized some years ago that we have been lied to about

many things, religion, politics, our own history, 9/11, etc.

It is always easier to go along with the flow rather than make

an effort to seek truth even if it completely disagrees with our

beliefs or perceptions.

Flat earth? Interesting subject, not something I have pursued.

I do enjoy seeking what is real and often over the years, what I

have found has helped me to realize just how deep deception

goes, and I am not always certain why someone thought we

needed to be lied to other than some strange ulterior motive.

Maybe the motive has always been lies assist in keeping the

masses boxed up and makes controlling them much easier.

Truth about anything is usually initially discarded, resisted, and

finally accepted as self evident, but getting to that point takes

a willingness to lay down what we have been taught and make

the effort to settle these things in our own mind and heart.

If we always think we are "right", we are unlikely to ever be motivated

to step outside of our own box created for us and learn to think for

ourselves.

Keep seeking truth, keep thinking critically, and we may be amazed

at what we find out.

• Upvote 3

No wonder the world thinks we are loon tunes. Yeah! No wonder here. Its because we don't ask questions and dig, and we sip the Kool Aid our state owned propaganda and institutions give us on our daily imbibes...well im not speaking for "all" of us for you are one of those tools who takes what he is given and runs with it... This sort of topic does not help. It does not help the tools... Please section peace ASAP...good for you, my name is "dinarbeliever and if i say she needs to be sectioned than that is all i have to do"...well i call BS...CUZ ALL YOU HAVE IS AD HOMINEM...PLAYA!

Ps this thread is hilarious and made my day it does have that effect

You do know what im gonna ask next...

What do you have... proving otherwise?! 

...and now for another ad hominem...how about you got throw your bills at Candy, shes waiting for you...yes, Candy!!...that was yet another attack, two birds one stone.

I am open minded but this is just beyond open mindedness. can you elaborate on what is beyond "open mindedness" cuz i don't think you grasp the meaning...Your right I should not attack people for their beliefs....well in order to shake some people, maybe you do need to I do believe in God but I draw the line at thinking the earth is flat....the circle that God drew around the earth? maybe I am a sheeple who believes the science I was taught you are on to something there but come on really!!!! YEA!!! REALLY!!!

I apologize for bumping this nonsense but this was funny!

Rapper B.o.B in 'flat Earth' Twitter battle with Neil deGrasse Tyson

Something to note for next time: don’t try to prove to your Twitter followers that the Earth is flat - Neil deGrasse Tyson might engage you in a battle of the twits.

Rapper B.o.B. took to the twitosphere Monday to take on the mostly widely-accepted scientific fact that the world is round, stating that he couldn’t see or prove the curvature of the Earth from where he was standing.

“A lot of people are turned off by the phrase 'flat earth' ... but there's no way u can see all the evidence and not know... grow up,” tweeted the rapper, who continued to tweet photos and sentiments to support his theory.

At one point, the rapper “congratulated” NASA for being gatekeepers of the edge of the Earth.

CZhrJa7WcAApoIJ.jpg

Eventually, his rant garnered the attention of astrophysicist rockstar Neil deGrasse Tyson, who explained, “Earth's curve indeed blocks 150 (not 170) ft of Manhattan. But most buildings in midtown are waaay taller than that.”

He continued, “Duude — to be clear: Being five centuries regressed in your reasoning doesn’t mean we all can’t still like your music”

In a further bizarre twist, B.o.B released the diss track "Flatline" late on Monday, which samples deGrasse Tyson.  

A nice recap of the twitter feeds can be found here.

The gang at RedEye had some fun with it too…  :lol:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4722257009001/rapper-bob-insists-earth-is-flat-in-series-of-twitter-posts/?intcmp=hpff#sp=show-clips

dont apologize for bumping, its because you want to be a part of something bigger than yourself even if it means playing devils advocate...  :o

Here is an interesting site

http://deepinsidetherabbithole.com/Is_the_earth_a_ball_.html

it has a lot of things to look at

Have a great Day

bob

Yea brother...i saw that one too...one of my faves :)

SHEEPLE UNITE!!.....to fight the evil Flatists!!............................ :cowboy::rodeo2::cowboy:

hehe... the fact that sheep have to unite is telling of the real problem...you don't see the goat who takes commands from the shepherd... :angel:  :facepalm2:  :rake:  :trash: and a roach  :bugs: it is with love i send this, you know that ...  :moon-from-car:

3D flora and fauna on a 2D plane..........I don't think so.   B) 

GO RV, then BV

dang it ... shabs im sending you a bullet with a message, "a circle with a dome around it" made of the firmament...I know nelg is gonna have a real problem trying to figure this out...seeing as to how the firmament is space...bahahahahha...i mean firm is in the word nelg! 

IN OTHER NEWS...brandy went to carlsbad caverns in new mexico last weekend, in which it seemed at first a hollow earth at a hike of 80 stories down, where strollers aren't allowed and remembered she had quads, for they still burn...so whether your are tunneling through the earth or scaling up or down the mountain, doesn't mean we are on a ball, it just means a bit more muscles are used in the incline or decline...HOLLA!!!!!! :backflip:  :reading1:

• Upvote 1

Yes I believe on a clear day you can see it always, it doesn't matter if it's in the winter 

spring or summer. You can see it because the earth is a footstool exactly as God described it

to be in the Holy Word. And because whilst looking over Lake Michigan there's nothing to interfere 

with the view. Did you know that one can also see the New York City skyline from 75 miles away?

and also that you can see the NYC and Philadelphia Skyline from 100 miles away at the same time. From

just an elevation of only 200 ft. These things would simply be absolutely impossible if the earth were a ball.

My dear friend, what you've been living is a lie. A lie told to the whole world to blind you to the very fact 

that we're sitting in the Throne Room of God. I love it when some will say that diminishes God by making 

him smaller some how. If this world is just a footstool can you even begin to imagine what the rest of 

heaven is like. Talk about infinite. Think of all the beauty that this world has, have ya ever been to Hawaii?

Or driven through Snoqualmie pass in Washington state. Have ya ever visited the Ural mountains, or swam 

on the beaches of Florida? I've had the pleasure to do all those things compliments of the U.S. military. And 

they are beyond amazing. And this is just his footstool. WOW! I can't wait to vacation in the rest of his

Kingdom. But if this was a ball, well then God isn't so near as sitting on his throne, and maybe we don't

have to worry about him as much as were told to. Maybe then we don't have to acknowledge that his

very voice is being heard throughout the whole world as it as before like a loud Trumpet. And then maybe

we don't have to wonder what those loud booms are that the world is hearing. Cause we live on a ball.

No my dear friend, were living on Gods footstool sitting in front of his throne in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Isaiah 66:1 

New International Version

This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

No matter how much some misguided preachers of the word may be, you simply can't get around what 

the Word says. There is no special interpretation, no metaphorical meaning, it is what it is. And it says what 

it says. How do I know this? Because God told me. And I didn't need to wast yrs of my life in some

seminary listening to some idiot trying to fuse the satanic cult of Science with the Holy Word of God.

I simply did what God told me to do, I asked him. And he did exactly what the Word said he would do.

HE ANSWERED ME WITH HIS HOLY SPIRIT   

cuz the "flat earth" movement is growing

As I've stated, my friend, the truth is coming out. 

But that will bring with it the consequences. Satan has spent the last 500 yrs convincing everyone 

that the world is a ball. He's not going to let that go to wast without a fight. And that my dear friend 

leads us to the Last Trumpet. 

Not only, do they fit in, but there actually much bigger than were told. 

Just look at the U.N. symbol and you will see your true world. 

gallery_23164_22_18903.png

YESSIR...the southern hemisphere is larger...and there is a topic in this thread that helps the ballers to understand that...but we know that some people cannot dig, for they already know everything that is......stagnation is putrid...just saying... many thanks to those on the fringe :)  AND TO ALL THE NAYSAYERS, IF IT ISN'T BIGGER THAN PROVE IT?! IT SHOULD BE EASY IF ITS TRUTH... 

• Upvote 1

U.N. symbol:

Yep...so disappointing can't dig through to China.

sure you can, just make it 8 miles deep all the way through...When the RV happens im sending you a present...it will be a lightly gold plated shovel (you know kinda like that gold plated foil on the lunar lander) cuz im still gonna be poor...i know your watching the superbowl, my friend tells me hes supporting the panthers because as it turns out there are like 4 or 5 players from the buckeyes playing on the side of the panthers...which is why i put my bet on DENVER! HA HA GO DENVER!

RAINBOWS can't appear on a flat Earth....can they???....... :shrug:

G-d made rainbows just for global Earth!

of course they can, its a dome around the flat earth!  :eyebrows:

Peace, our souls involve our everyday of living. Our moral decisions, the choices we make, so yes this involves our energy. I know you know this, thanks for expanding on it.

patty is this your way of being sarcastic? cuz i can't tell if you are actually understanding me? haha seriously

• Upvote 2

Peace, no I understand you completely. Sorry if my simplicity of explaining myself is hard for you to grasp the significance of what I was trying to say.  :) 

Peace our energy can represent many things.  Your explanation of how energy could/should be use is exactly the same as how we live our everyday lives.  You're absolutely correct where our energy should be spent, education for one,  and yes you're also correct in saying we should not feed deception.  If we allow our energy to be surrounded by negative energy then in turn this affects our decision making, our moral conscience, which leads us in the wrong path. Again how are we to help others make it into the Kingdom of God. 

LGD just wants us to ask God for the wisdom to help us understand and to help us resist the deceptions of life.    

The greater plan should be saving souls. God wants us to help others know Him. ;)

To be honest, if the earth is flat or round, whatever I believe it is, has not swayed me from my Beloved Creator whatsoever. 

:peace: out!

• Upvote 4

Here is the square miles, you do the hemisphere calculations.  

YESSIR...the southern hemisphere is larger...and there is a topic in this thread that helps the ballers to understand that...but we know that some people cannot dig, for they already know everything that is......stagnation is putrid...just saying... many thanks to those on the fringe :)  AND TO ALL THE NAYSAYERS, IF IT ISN'T BIGGER THAN PROVE IT?! IT SHOULD BE EASY IF ITS TRUTH... 

1. Asia - 17,139,445 square miles (44,391,162 square km)
2. Africa - 11,677,239 square miles (30,244,049 square km)
3. North America - 9,361,791 square miles (24,247,039 square km)
4. South America - 6,880,706 square miles (17,821,029 square km)

5. Antarctica - About 5,500,000 square miles (14,245,000 square km)

6. Europe - 3,997,929 square miles (10,354,636 square km)
7. Australia - 2,967,909 square miles (7,686,884 square km)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

By the way, will you please identify the "four corners" of the earth on the circle of the earth?  

What substance makes up the  "firmament" to make it a hard surface?  How thick is it?  While you're finding that information, you might tell us what the "hard surface" of the "firmament"  is made of: gold? silver? tin-foil?

If, as you say, that the earth is flat, how is it fixed in its place? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Peace, no I understand you completely. Sorry if my simplicity of explaining myself is hard for you to grasp the significance of what I was trying to say.  :) Ya know, because I am so used to digging in deep the "simplicities" sometimes do hang me up... "if it was a snake it would have bit me"

Peace our energy can represent many things.  Your explanation of how energy could/should be use is exactly the same as how we live our everyday lives.  You're absolutely correct where our energy should be spent, education for one,  and yes you're also correct in saying we should not feed deception.  If we allow our energy to be surrounded by negative energy then in turn this affects our decision making, our moral conscience, which leads us in the wrong path. Again how are we to help others make it into the Kingdom of God. 

LGD just wants us to ask God for the wisdom to help us understand and to help us resist the deceptions of life.    

The greater plan should be saving souls.  God wants us to help others know Him. ;) But how can people know Him if they are so easily deceived by words, take this whole argument with nelg on the meaning coming from the Bible, he sees one thing (as with others)  and then others see another way, so ultimately saving our souls is dependent on the INDIVIDUAL so we must save ourselves first from misunderstanding the material world...that is how interested i am in being saved...hence saving others. Why do we look outside ourselves for the answer, it really starts within first, when we master our own Self, Im not slamming the Bible, as a matter of fact i think it is a wonderful guidepost to living a good life. However, in order to not be deceived we have to lift our veils, and truly the only way to do that is by having some serious self examinations. Why would God send us here? To this specific place...the realm of duality? It seems that when I leave this body I better have some kind of "soul fortitude" in recognizing my own divine light to guide me back to being whole with him (i actually believe we can experience heaven on earth, but im not there yet)...I don't think the task is as easy as some Christians say it is, in that as long as you believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and if we ask for forgiveness we will be saved ...im told to believe in just that and then ill go to heaven...well i have believed that, so why then, am i experiencing "hell on earth"?! Imagine asking God for forgiveness on the matter of "guilt" or "anger" or "shame" "despair" "jealously" "anguish" ya know all the really good ones...have you ever been on your knees pleading for forgiveness, cuz i have...and im here to tell you, that we can pray all day long, but if we don't realize that we are of God and that God is inside of us ALREADY cuz he created us, we are him, its just our ego has really interfered with our recognition of that, cuz we believe we will do things our way and pile on a bunch of useless garbage (programmings and beliefs that weigh the heart/soul down, material baggage) WE HAVE TO LEARN TO FORGIVE OURSELVES FIRST, BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY FORGIVEN, HE HAS ALREADY GIVEN US THE TOOLS, He's waiting right with us cuz he is us, its just he introduced the ego which needs to be overcome (cuz he wanted to experience this particular existence for some dang reason), cuz that is how the soul gets strength, once we shake the programmings we then pick up the transmissions easier so that he can live through us, WE JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER HOW TO RELEASE OURSELVES FROM OUR OWN BONDAGES, We are Our worst Enemies, Our own mind/ego,  Im not sure getting back to God (who is within) is a CAKEWALK. The ego wants to be in control.

To be honest, if the earth is flat or round, whatever I believe it is, has not swayed me from my Beloved Creator whatsoever. Good, but I will insist that we don't feed energy to deceptions.

:peace: out!

Why do we think someone is going to save us,that that something is outside of us? This is the one issue I have with people. ITS NOT OUTSIDE! IT JUST ISN'T. IMO AND ITS A STRONG ONE.

Edited by Peace
  • Upvote 2

By the way, will you please identify the "four corners" of the earth on the circle of the earth?  

Firstly lets take your question and fit that with the globe model. So to rephrase...If there are four corners then where are they on the globe model? ...

Ok, the only way four corners (im assuming we are talking hard angles) were to make sense is in a circle not a sphere. If I draw a circle and then make a cross (4 equal quadrants) then I can place my "corners" at the edge...they would be 180 degrees in opposition or 90 degrees apart. So it is possible on a flat earth disc. How is it even possible on a the Globe?

Also, cuz i like looking up words, the word "kanaph" is the hebrew word from which corners has been translated which has also been used as boundaries and or ends...but i just made you a "corner".

What substance makes up the  "firmament" to make it a hard surface?   How thick is it?  While you're finding that information, you might tell us what the "hard surface" of the "firmament"  is made of: gold? silver? tin-foil? Honestly, Why do those details hang you up? I'll attempt to answer these questions if you answer the science behind how and why elements don't turn to gas after leaving the thermosphere?

If, as you say, that the earth is flat, how is it fixed in its place? God,! why are you acting like God doesn't have the power to suspend a piece of mass in suspended animation?!

Edited by Peace
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1