Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the Earth Flat?

Peace

I would suggest that you take some time and study hermeneutics and exegesis of Scripture. The way you use the biblical passages is  disastrous!!  

Learn the difference between the literal and the figurative use of words and phrases in the Bible.  Otherwise you will continue to make the passages contradict each other, and contradict known facts.  

By the way, you have taken my words out of context.  

This will be my last post.     

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I would suggest that you take some time and study hermeneutics and exegesis of Scripture. The way you use the biblical passages is  disastrous!!  

Learn the difference between the literal and the figurative use of words and phrases in the Bible.  Otherwise you will continue to make the passages contradict each other, and contradict known facts.  

By the way, you have taken my words out of context.  

This will be my last post.

HermiWhat?

Context? Disastrous?

So tell me, is your church a 501c3?

And at the end of the year do you give your parishioners a statement telling them how much they tithed to your church?

So, when Jesus told Peter to go fishing and find a piece of gold to pay the taxes for him and for Peter was he speaking figuratively?

When Jesus said render unto Caesar that which is Caesar and under God that which is God's

Was he speaking metaphorically, or was he speaking figuratively?

Or do you believe that you're following the laws the way they are written and therefore it is okay?

But that law also says it's okay to slaughter a baby in the womb and suck its brains out before birth, is that okay?

We are not justified when we obey that which we find convenient to obey and disobey that which is convenient to disobey.

In the end I shall use everything that I can to learn all that I can, but my final solution will always be to bring it to the Lord in prayer and listen to the Holy Spirit.

For the Holy Spirit will give to all men liberally and not hold back knowledge to those who truly seek it.

I did not ask you nor want you to stop the debate, I merely desired that it become a little more respectful. And in the end what I desire most is for you to bring this issue truthfully to the Lord in prayer.

Because I believe that when you do you will find it is a sin to operate a 501c3 in the name of Christ.

You will find that teaching your parishioners to manipulate their taxes to their own gain in the name of Christ is a sin.

And I believe that through the power of the Holy Spirit and the revelation of God you will find a firmament is a vault an enclosed space.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

lol i get into a lot of arguments with my friend who happens to be a buckeyes freakin fanatic (btw its all i know when it comes to college football cuz he is so incessant..."O" "H" ...I didn't know i was suppossed to follow "I" "O" he rattlles my ear off on why i need to understand that ohio loves their buckeyes) he's from centerville and i swear i have never met anyone so dang adamant about watching every dang buckey game... never met someone so fanatical ...so whenever im with him i have to mock him and so i bring up the cheerleaders being exploited EVERYTIME, and the Players being Expolited...EVERYTIME...youd think he get tired of it...but no, i guess its cuz he's louder than me! lol

Next time buckeye fans shout out "O" "H"......respond with "O" "V" "I", and they shut right up.   :eyebrows:   Sorry, chess....couldn't resist.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1

I don't mind the negs.  I would like an explanation though.  I don't know why this guy is putting out Kubrick's interview in some sort of strange movie production, but that is just the form that it is coming to us.   Anyways, I do believe this is a controlled confession timed for just now.  They timed this 15 years after Kubrick's death.  I wonder why.  Could it have anything to do with the Climate Change conference?   

So if this interview is real and if Kubrick is correct that humans have never gone further than 300-400 miles up because of the Van Allen radiation belts, and the moon landings were faked, then this changes everything. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank RSTEFAN.  As somebody who loves the truth I have to tell you that I just discovered that this video of the Kubrick interview is likely a hoax.  The son of Kubrick said that the man in the interview was not his Father by a good look alike.  Also, there is a discussion about an astronaut swearing on a bible but that didn't happen until 3 years after Kubrick's death. 

The idea for making a hoax interview is very odd though.  Perhaps to make a buck or to muddy the water on the moon landing conspiracy?  I don't know.  Very odd. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Did you ever ride in an open bedded truck and 60 miles per hour and throw a ball into the air?  The ball will return to the bed of the truck and the truck does not move from under the ball.  The ball has become part of the moving vehicle underneath it.  

Just so, we are part of the vehicle (earth) which is moving underneath us.  Only when we disengage do we experience the movement of the vehicle.  

http://earthsky.org/earth/why-cant-we-feel-earths-spin   

https://www.quora.com/If-the-earth-is-rotating-at-a-high-speed-and-we-jump-up-why-doesnt-the-earth-move-below-us-at-high-speed-1

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-atmosphere-of-the-earth-rotate-with-the-earth-itself-around-its-axis

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/earths-rotation-speed-question.613919/

Have a nice ride.  The earth is rotating and we are part of the earth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HermiWhat?

Hermeneutics is the set of rules a person uses to interpret the biblical texts.  It is both an art and a science.  Unfortunately if one has a bad hermeneutic the interpretation will be bad.

Recently I sat down with someone who had obviously spent considerable time in the Bible, who stated a desire to know God's truth and was willing to work diligently to please God, sacrificing both time and money. However, when it came to determining what the Bible taught concerning how we might please Him and what we must do to be saved, we found little we could agree upon. At times it felt as if we were reading two completely different texts.

The problems I encountered were the result of different rules of interpretation. 

The rules that one uses to interpret Scripture play a vital role in determining the meaning of a passage, and thus, our understanding of God and ourselves.

Does John 1:1 refer to Jesus as the co- creator of the universe, existing with God the Father eternally, indeed, being of the same essence as the Father?

Or is Jesus' divinity somehow inferior to the divinity of God the Father, a view that Jehovah's Witnesses hold?

The way we interpret this passage will be determined by the rules of interpretation we bring to our study. It is obvious that both interpretations cannot be correct.

When John wrote the words for his Gospel, and specifically for the first chapter, he had one meaning in mind. He may not have understood all of the implications of what he was writing, nor could he have imagined all of the applications possible in future contexts. However, via the inspiration of the Holy Spirit John's words were to communicate a specific truth about God.

There are three good reasons why we have difficulty understanding the biblical text.

First, we are separated from the historical events written about by thousands of years of history.

Second, we live in a dramatically different culture, and

third, the biblical texts were written in foreign languages.

These are a few of the “context” one must consider while obtaining a comprehension of the text.  These obstacles to understanding can be challenging to those who want quick and easy comprehension of the Bible without doing the hard work of hermeneutic. This also make it possible for others to place their own agenda over the text, knowing that few will take the time to uncover what the writer's original intent might have been.

Our goal should be to exegete, or draw meaning from the Scriptures, rather than to impose meaning onto them.

Context? Disastrous?

Once we appreciate what God has done to communicate with us, we may begin to apply the principals of interpretation, or hermeneutics, to the text. To be successful this process must take into account the cultural, historical, and language barriers that limit our understanding of the original writings. There are no shortcuts to the hard work necessary to accomplish this task.

Some have wrongly argued that knowledge of the culture and languages of biblical times is not necessary, that the Holy Spirit will interpret the text for us.

The role of the Holy Spirit is to illumine (shed light for) the believer in order to accept and apply what is found in Scripture.

The Bible says that the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit (1 Cor 2:14).

The Greek word for "accept" means "to take something willingly and with pleasure."

The key role of the Spirit is not to add information to the text, or to give us special translating abilities, but to soften our hearts in order to receive what is there.

The goal of this process is to be mature in Christ. The Bible is not an end, it is a means to becoming conformed to the image or likeness of Christ.

So tell me, is your church a 501c3?  Yes.  We are so because the permits the structure for tax purposes.  It does not need to be a 501c3, but such a structure allows the church to meet the obligations of civil law and put aside more funs to be used in evangelism, benevolence, and education (maturing) the saints.  

And at the end of the year do you give your parishioners a statement telling them how much they tithed to your church? We have no Old Testament rule for a “tithe,” but function on the New Testament principle of letting “each one do just as   he has purposed in his own heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver” (2Cor 9). 

A statement is given to those who ask for it but we do not automatically send it to them.  Others have a different method. Why does this matter?

So, when Jesus told Peter to go fishing and find a piece of gold to pay the taxes for him and for Peter was he speaking figuratively?  From what the context states by using the principles of hermeneutics, this was a literal event that Jesus used to instruct the individuals believers to live in respect to the civil law as long as the law does not conflict with God’s teaching. In the context, the tax being considered is one taken by the Jewish leaders for the upkeep of the worship in the temple based on Ex 30:11-16. It was controversial and the Sadducees didn’t like paying the tax, and the Qumran community paid it once a lifetime.

What the enemies of Jesus wanted to do is to see how he would respond.  Would he alienate the patriotic Jews, thus splitting the young followers of Jesus? 

What Jesus did was answer without being offensive. 

The context indicates that Jesus, nor Peter, were obligated to pay the tax.  Jesus apparently heard them speaking about the matter, for when Peter comes into the house to ask Jesus, Jesus asks him a question: “What do you think, Simon? From who do the kings of the earth collect customs or poll tax, from their sons or from strangers?” Simon Peter answered, “from strangers.” Apparently, therefore, Jesus and Peter were exempt from paying the tax!  But in order not to cause offense, Jesus sent Peter to take the coins from the mouth of the fish  (Mt 17:24-27).  Jesus may not have intended this command to Peter to be a “command” to all  people for all times. The story illustrates Jesus willingness to comply with the conventions of society rather than cause unnecessary offense. 

When Jesus said render unto Caesar that which is Caesar and under God that which is God's
Was he speaking metaphorically, or was he speaking figuratively?

The context of this passage is different than the above (context, context, context).

The questioning here concerns the imperial Roman taxes (Mt 22:15-22). A revolt had taken place in AD 6 by the followers of Judas of Galilee (Zealots).  It was the imposition of direct Roman taxation that sparked the revolt.  To approve the tax was to openly oppose the militant nationalism that received strong support among the Jews.  The rejection of the tax would place Jesus in revolt to the government of Rome and the Jews could get them to act against Jesus. 

The question was a trap by the Jews to put the ministry of Jesus in jeopardy and reflect badly on Jesus.  It is neither figurative or a metaphor but an actual attack by these “leaders” on Jesus.

The tax is the tax that all Jews had to pay directly to Rome, but this tax was the primary mark of their political subjection to a foreign power. It was obligatory for them to pay. The term “lawful” does not refer to Roman law but to the law of God.  The implication of the question is it permissible for the people of God to pay the tax and express allegiance to a pagan emperor?

The money for the tax was the denarius, which had an image of the Roman emperor and, therefore, objectionable for most Jews (“making of images”).  The point Jesus makes is that they were using Caesar’s money; so let them return Caesar’s money.  The word “render” generally means, “give back.”  It means the paying a bill or settling a debt they owed to Ceasar.   But Jesus says that children of God have the image of God, therefore we “give back” to God what belongs to Him, our own life! 

Jesus has a wider perspective.  It was loyalty to God that was the basis for the Zealot’s objection to Roman taxation, but Jesus, without reducing the demands of loyalty to God, indicates that political allegiance even to a pagan government is not incompatible with loyalty to God.  The secular finds its proper place within the claim of the sacred.  What should happen when the two conflict is not at issue here.  When it does conflict, the higher law, the law of God and obedience to Him will always be the choice of saints. 

Or do you believe that you're following the laws the way they are written and therefore it is okay? 

But that law also says it's okay to slaughter a baby in the womb and suck its brains out before birth, is that okay?
 Don’t be guilty of making the assumption that because one is compliant to one part of the law that one WILL also comply with the other parts of the same body of law!  That is illogical.  Not all that is permitted by civil law is right or moral.  Anyone participating in such “slaughter” participates in a moral evil. 

We are not justified when we obey that which we find convenient to obey and disobey that which is convenient to disobey.  I really don’t know where this has it’s origin, but it is always convenient to obey God.  When the laws of man conflict the laws of God, those laws cannot be obeyed. 

In the end I shall use everything that I can to learn all that I can, but my final solution will always be to bring it to the Lord in prayer and listen to the Holy Spirit.

For the Holy Spirit will give to all men liberally and not hold back knowledge to those who truly seek it.

Once we appreciate what God has done to communicate with us, we may begin to apply the principals of interpretation, or hermeneutics, to the text. To be successful this process must take into account the cultural, historical, and language barriers that limit our understanding of the original writings. There are no shortcuts to the hard work necessary to accomplish this task.

Some have wrongly argued that knowledge of the culture and languages of biblical times is not necessary, that the Holy Spirit will interpret the text for us.

The role of the Holy Spirit is to illumine (shed light for) the believer in order to accept and apply what is found in Scripture.

The Bible says that the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit (1 Cor 2:14).  The Greek word for "accept" means "to take something willingly and with pleasure."

The key role of the Spirit is not to add information to the text, or to give us special translating abilities, or to give us an interpretation that is a direct revelation of the meaning, but to soften our hearts in order to receive what is there.

The goal of this process is to be mature in Christ. The Bible is not an end; it is a means to becoming conformed to the image or likeness of Christ.

I did not ask you nor want you to stop the debate, I merely desired that it become a little more respectful. And in the end what I desire most is for you to bring this issue truthfully to the Lord in prayer.  I have and He has answered through His word.  (See above.) 

Because I believe that when you do you will find it is a sin to operate a 501c3 in the name of Christ.  Operating a 501c3 is not a sin but a provision by the government that exempts some organizations from paying tax.  It is neither against the word of God nor against the civil government but falls under the provisions of that government.  THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT ONE OBEYS THE LAWS OF A GOVERNMENT THAT STAND IN OPPOSITION TO THE LAWS OF GOD.   A Christian will obey the word of God no matter what the “law of the land,” the civil law, laws of man states as a privilege, right,

You will find that teaching your parishioners to manipulate their taxes to their own gain in the name of Christ is a sin.  I have no parishioners.  I teach members of the body of Christ and unbelievers.  Nor would I ever teach a person to sin.  Your opinion as to what is sinful, in this case, is an opinion and not biblical.  

....we all know that "It's love that makes the world go 'round!"...... :wub:

Yep.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You will find that teaching your parishioners to manipulate their taxes to their own gain in the name of Christ is a sin.  I have no parishioners.  I teach members of the body of Christ and unbelievers.  Nor would I ever teach a person to sin.  Your opinion as to what is sinful, in this case, is an opinion and not biblical.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/210192-is-the-earth-flat/page-25#ixzz3xDCk8C9M

Is it?

Matthew 17:24-27

The Temple Tax

24And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute? 25He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? 26Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.27Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

After acknowledging that he didn't have to pay taxes Jesus stopped Peter from entering simply because he didn't want to

offend. He then tells Peter to, go fishing. Peter was a fisherman by trade and so therefore Jesus essentially told

him to go to work. Jesus then tells Peter to take the first wages that he receives and use that to pay taxes. 

How's that a misinterpretation? 

And your pickup truck scenario only works  if there is a large camper shell on it. { for ex, A Firmament} or vault.

But it simply doesn't explain the,"waters above the Firmament". or the vault.  

And I'm still trying to wrap my head around how something 92 million miles away can make 45 

​degree angles through the clouds. 

And on a side note I wanted to include this article from the folks that tell us the earth is a ball

floating aimlessly around in a vast nothingness,

Claim: ‘Global warming’ could cause humans to develop webbed feet, cat’seyes and gills

Webbed feet, cat's eyes and gills: Features are just some that humans could evolve to have to deal with a 'water world' due to global warming

Experts predicts some genetic changes could take place quickly For example, some humans already have a mutation that causes webbing

A layer in the retina may develop to help us see in poor light under water

Our noses and face size would increase to help warm inhaled cold air in the nasopharynx, the area behind the nose

Our noses and face size would increase to help warm inhaled cold air in the nasopharynx, the area behind the nose.

Experts calculated how our physical appearance could change under a number of scenarios, including a ‘water world’ if melting ice caps cause rising sea levels.

They also considered what would happen in a second ice age which could be triggered by an asteroid strike, and if humans colonised other planets.

Dr Matthew Skinner, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Kent, examined the three scenarios and worked with artist Quentin Devine to help visualise how humans could look in the future.

Dr Skinner said some changes – such as webbed feet and hands becoming widespread – could take place very quickly as some humans already have a genetic mutation that produces webbing.

Experts calculated how our physical appearance could change under a number of scenarios, including a ‘water world’ if melting ice caps cause rising sea levels. They also considered what would happen in a second ice age. These artist’s impressions show how women may evolve to develop webbed feet and hands and cat’s eyes

Read more: http://www.climatedepot.com/2016/01/13/claim-global-warming-could-cause-humans-to-develop-webbed-feet-cats-eyes-and-gills/#ixzz3xDJM7oWY

You really should click the link and look at the drawings, they are quite the experience.  :tiphat:

Dr Matthew Skinner, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Kent

Arguably NOT a nut job. 

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It saddens me to see Christian brethren arguing over something that really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.  I must say if I was a non-believer, I would certainly not be drawn to Christianity based on your bloviating (trying to impress with your interpretation of the Word).  By the way, at least one of you had said several posts ago "this is my last post."  So much for integrity.  The Word says to go into the world and preach the Gospel.  What is the Gospel?  It is GOOD NEWS.  Why don't you concentrate on that.  JMHO in love.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

It saddens me to see Christian brethren arguing over something that really doesn't matter in the scheme of things.  I must say if I was a non-believer, I would certainly not be drawn to Christianity based on your bloviating (trying to impress with your interpretation of the Word).  By the way, at least one of you had said several posts ago "this is my last post."  So much for integrity.  The Word says to go into the world and preach the Gospel.  What is the Gospel?  It is GOOD NEWS.  Why don't you concentrate on that.  JMHO in love.

My dear sweet sister, I'm terribly sorry that you think were arguing. I thought we were 

simply discussing different points of view on theological issues. As two brothers that both 

claim to love the Lord we can do that without being disrespectful. As you so well pointed out 

the Word tells us to preach the Gospel, I thought that was what both of us were doing. Allow 

me, with no disrespect or consternation intended, to show you what I mean.

Mark 9:38-40

38And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. 39But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. 40For he that is not against us is on our part.

And then there's this,

Matthew 18:20

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Nelg + You and I = 3. Therefore, the Lord himself is in this thread. Lest we make the Word a lie. 

He did not say, where two or more{THAT AGREE} are gathered in my name. Simply that they are 

coming together in the name of the Lord. That name being Jesus Christ. You ask, "Why don't we 

concentrate on preaching the Holy Word of God", and again I respectfully submit to you that is 

exactly what were both doing here. Albeit from different perspectives. Again, dear sister, allow me 

a little more effort here to attempt to show you how that I am preaching the word. I pray that 

this will enlighten you....................

Lets start with the beginning,

Genesis 1:6-8

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters whichwere above the firmament: and it was so. 8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

The question here is, what is the Hebrew  meaning of the word Firmament? And a quick study will give you 

this. 

2 the vault of heaven, or 'firmament,' regarded by Hebrews as solid, and supporting 'waters' above it, Genesis 1:6

Vault is also the word that we use to describe a safe. An enclosed area. So that all begs the question,

What is the word, Firmament, mean in Greek?

a. (Vulg.firmamentumthe firmament; so the Sept. for רָקִיעַ , the arch of the sky, which in early times was thought to be solid,

b. that which furnishes a foundation; on which a thing rests firmly, support

Therefore, in our quick study of the Word of God from the Hebrew and the Greek we get words to 

describe what we call sky like, SOLID and FOUNDATION on which a THING rest and support

How is that even possible? What was Moses, the writer of Genesis, trying to tell us? 

For me that sounds a lot like the Firmament is in reality something more akin to some kind of 

giant force field holding up a rather large amount of water. Which would explain why John," the Revelator",

saw this when he was taken to the throne room of God............

Revelation 4:6

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal

Guess where were all standing at this very moment.

Isaiah 66:1

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool

So let me get this strait, 

now we have an earth that Isaiah describes as a footstool for the throne of God.

And a, Firmament, that Moses describes as a strong front, a solid foundation, that supports the 

waters above the earth. 

And yet John, "the Revelator", saw a SEA of Glass before the throne.

Starting to get the picture? From the top side of our world all a man can see is the Sea. That would 

be the, "waters above the earth". Let him/her who hath ears to hear understand

Still not convinced? Lets see what Lucifer had to say about the earth.

Isaiah 14:13

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Tell me, how can Satan put his throne,'ABOVE THE STARS OF GOD', if the universe is infinite? 

Show me where is, Above. But then what are stars?

Revelation 12:4

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:

A third of all the stars and Satan shall in the end cast them to the earth. Something must be wrong here.

If a star is a burning sun, and as the satanic religion of Science tells us, GIGANTIC in size how in the world 

will Satan drag one third of them to the earth. Imagine what just one star would do. But there is this book 

that the Catholic Church would not let into the bible. For what it's worth, It's called the, Book of Enoch. And if 

you will that book tells us that the stars are fallen angels trapped in the Firmament. Which would explain why

Satan would bring one third of them with him when he is finally cast to the earth for good. 

But it seems that Isaiah had the best understanding of where we are, and what we are. Which is 

most likely why God gave him the most revelations about the birth of Jesus Christ. Consider this............

Isaiah 40:22

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Is a, circle, automatically a sphere? Or is it just a circle?

Ya know I've seen a lot of curtains and tents in my day but I've never see either that looked like 

a ball. How do you put a curtain around a ball? Or a tent? 

But if we remember, Isaiah described the earth as a FOOTSTOOL. Well naturally a footstool will 

have to have four legs. Correct? So does anyone in the Bible mention the four legs? 

1 Samuel 2:8

for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

So what am I to think now? Am I really expected to believe that every preacher in America 

that has turned religion into a business, and one that uses current law to cheat on taxes?

Am I to think at this point that everything thus far that I've shown you is lost in Hermeneutics?

Please, 

So can someone explain to me how,or why for that matter, you put a ball on four pillars?

But wait, there's more.

If God is above the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH, how can it have four corners? 

Isaiah 11:12

and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Revelation 7:1

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

"Standing on the four corners of the earth", that must be some kind of awesome footstool 

And how can a ball have four corners at all? But wait, I thought we were describing a footstool. 

Somehow now I'm beginning to see it. And it's the most wonderful thing. The most beautiful thing, 

built for a God of Gods. King of Kings. The most wonderful footstool with a glorious enclosed circle in  

the middle of it. And within that circle is a vault, a firmament if you will, and within that vault is God's 

beloved Children. Ever wonder why the Holy Word of God tells us to look to the eastern sky for the

coming of the Lord?  Simple my beloved sister, because were standing on a footstool for God in the 

very Throne Room of Heaven. And that would mean that naturally Gods Throne would be to the east of

us. So that when he comes for us all he has to do is," COME FORTH".

And because were standing on Gods footstool, in the Throne Room of Heaven, it becomes perfectly

clear why Satan would want us to think something silly like the earth is a ball floating aimlessly around

some vast empty void. Because if were on Gods footstool then God is right there in the eastern sky looking

down on all of us. Imagine how that knowledge would change the way every single person of the earth

would act. Kinda like when we were young and mommy and daddy were in the other room, you knew that

if you did something bad daddy would see and hear it and bust your butt. But if daddy and mommy

weren't home, well then we kinda did whatever we wanted. And like all kids we didn't think

about the consequences of what they would do when they came home.

So I ask you, my beloved sister, and you Nelg my beloved brother, how have I

misunderstood that which the Holy Spirit of God gave me? And why is it that we can't 

discuss such things? Know ye not that the Spirit of God will work his work here no matter 

what we say or do? I shall leave you all with my fervent prayers and love and blessings of 

good things to come in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

HE THAT HATH EARS TO HEAR, LET HIM HEAR.    

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

You did a wonderful job of explaining ladyGrace'sDaddy

can't believe people gave you a neg.'s -  you were very considerate in the way you explained it

I gave you a Plus 1 to help

Have a Great Day

bob

Back at you my friend. I fail to see why this subject brings up such emotions from people. I mean it really is simple either you believe it is or you believe it isn't.

But I suspect the emotion is more demonic than anything else. As you read through this entire thread you begin to see that the ones who are the most emotional are the one saying that were on a ball floating aimlessly about in a vast universe of nothingness.

Whereas those who believes the Word of God have presented their evidence and stated their case with very little animosity. And then there are those who say they believe the Word of God, but refused to bring the question to the Lord in prayer. I call these people Laodiceans. For why is it would the very thought of asking God are we on a footstool or are we on a ball a threat?

And why is it so easy to neg someone without giving any reason as to what you think? Why is it the subject of what you're living on has just as much emotion behind it as does the subject of religion?

Religion being man's attempt to draw near to God. Whereas the Holy Spirit is gods attempt to draw near to man. And if one be filled with the Holy Spirit then one must continuously grow and change.

A quick overview of all the post that I have made in the last 5 years on this site is living proof a testimony if you will that what I just said is true. If you have the Holy Spirit you will grow, you will change. You cannot remain stagnant and have the Holy Spirit of God living within you.

You see, in my 18 years as a Christian I have wanted to stop moving. To stop growing, to stop changing. There were many times when acting like everyone else in the world seemed much easier and more satisfying. But the love of the Father is so strong and so well and good that he will not allow a born again Christian a child of his if you will to stagnate. He will not allow that any more than a decent parent would refuse to allow their own child to remain still and stagnant and not grow.

Jesus Himself said except you come on to me as a little child you shall in no way enter into the kingdom of heaven.

and as the father of a beloved darling little child I have learned one thing above all else, the number one trait of all children is to question. Daddy what's this daddy how's that daddy, daddy, daddy, question question question.

And a loving father patiently answers each and every question leaving no stone unturned leaving no doubt in the child's mind. How much more shall our Father in Heaven answer our questions?

Nevertheless, layout assians have no questions. They have their wealth they have their comforts come they have their college education, they have their seminary degrees, they're PhDs, piled high and deep. They don't need to ask God if the earth is round they already know everything.

That is why I called them Laodiceans, because of their wealth they have forgotten that Jesus Himself said because you are wealthy you think you have need of nothing but you do not realize that you are poor naked and wretched.

And while I do not mean to offend anyone like my Savior the truth is offensive. And if someone here is offended by the words that I have written then I would ask you take that office to the Lord. Ask Jesus why you are offended. Ask Jesus what you should do about that offense.

Come to God, come to God through Jesus Christ as a little child full of questions. Let go of what you think you know and receive what he does know.

• Upvote 3