Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Traffic stop results in unexpected police action

RV ME

Thank you Officers Gower & Hawkins for your discretion and compassion :tiphat::salute: .

Also beautiful way to close Ashley Goudeau, I thank you too.  RV ME

Cedar Park officers give family car seats instead of tickets

Ashley Goudeau, KVUE 5:46 p.m. CDT October 21, 2015

CEDAR PARK, Texas -- A local man is thanking two Cedar Park police officers after they purchased car seats for his children after a recent traffic stop.

Officer Justin Gower pulled over a truck traveling along South Bell Boulevard on Oct. 17 for having an expired registration and malfunctioning light.

"When I was up there talking to the driver, that's when I realized there was three kids in the back seat without car seats," said Gower.

He hadn't met the man before, but realized he heard about him from other officers.

"Remember hearing the story about, you know, he's saving money, he's living in a car, he's trying to get his family down," Gower recalled.

So he called in Officer Cale Hawkins, who had talked with the man just a few weeks ago.

"They were living in a hotel and he said all of his money was going to that at this time," said Hawkins.

In that moment, Gower and Hawkins made a judgment call.

"Giving him three tickets, it wasn't going to do any good," said Gower. "Those kids were still going to have to be driven somewhere, somehow with no car seats."

"We just kind of stepped off to the side and said we need to kind of do the right thing and get these people some car seats," said Hawkins.

The officers put their own money together and while Gower talked to the driver, Hawkins drove to Wal-Mart.

"I recognized some of the management staff and told them immediately what I wanted to do. She walked back with me and helped me. We chose the age appropriate car seats and color coded them," said Hawkins.

Hawkins said the manager also gave him a small discount, bringing his total to about $145.

He went back to meet the driver with three pink car seats for the man's daughters who are 1, 3 and 4-years old. Then Hawkins and Gower, fathers themselves, helped put them in the truck.

The man they helped did not want to speak with KVUE on camera, but released the following statement:

"It was nothing short of a miracle. It was something that was really needed. The officers have been a blessing."

When the other Cedar Park officers on the same shift as Gower and Hawkins heard what was going on, they also chipped in to help pay for the car seats.

Giving a gift, instead of a ticket; proving the power of the badge is made stronger by the hearts who wear them.

http://www.kvue.com/story/features/2015/10/21/cedar-park-police-officers-give-family-car-seats-instead-of-tickets/74355398/

• Upvote 8

Is this where we deposit good news?  :)

Former convict prays with police officer who once arrested him

By Olaf Ekberg

It’s incredible to see how lives can be turned around through the power of prayer.

police-prayer-e1442239281228.jpg

Kevin Woods posted a photo and story on Facebook of a police officer, Sal Chapa, praying with a man he once arrested, Doc Amey. But it was actually the former arrestee who was praying for the officer — and his safety.

Woods wrote on Saturday:

I got to watch something so amazing I’m speechless.

We are at a cook off and I see Sal Chapa get pulled away. I look over and they are in prayer.

Sal arrested this guy about 8 years ago on a gun charge. The young man got a 5 year sentence. While he was in prison he said “God if you are real turn my life around”.

He got out after serving a year and half. Has graduated bible college with perfect attendance and his strong in his church. This man wanted to pray for the officers safety.

We should be seeing more of this in America. There shouldn’t be race involved and this is living proof that color doesn’t matter. This is a prime example.

All lives matter ONE NATION UNDER GOD! prayers to your brother and I pray for you. Continue of your path brother thank you for saying a prayer for my brother.

Chapa’s Facebook profile lists him as a police officer in Texas City, Texas.

• Upvote 6