Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 14 October 2015

Adam Montana

Afternoon everyone!

I've been travelling almost non-stop since last week's update, so I'm a bit behind on 

the weekly update. 

I'll get it posted for you all later this week - thanks for understanding!

In the meantime, enjoy the most recent update on our Dominica efforts.

:twothumbs:

*** UPDATE: Weekly Q's below! ****

Thread re-opened :twothumbs:

Edited by Adam Montana
updated info
  • Upvote 12

Update: It doesn't seem like there's a ton to report on at this time, so here's the weekly questions:

TexAg91 Adam, we're now about mid-way through October. A couple of months ago you said to look for HCL progress first and then you could start getting excited about an RV.

On the surface we haven't really heard much of anything, legislatively. Do you have any sources that give us any optimism that, at the least, HCL related laws will make it to a parliamentary vote this year?
Or are signs beginning to point to sometime early 2016 for that to happen?

Good question. I don't believe we are going to get that kind of warning. I think when the HCL goes through, it's going to happen fast for a few important reasons.

1. It will eliminate any attempts by either side to sabotage it. They will probably put a fair agreement on the table (that neither side will be completely happy with), and pass it. 

2. It will prevent a huge speculation run on the Dinar. Most of us are sitting on a million to 10 million dinars - if that was dollars, sure it sounds like a lot of money... but it's really not. You can blow through 10 million pretty quick! But there are extremely smart and wealthy investors out there who will pounce on this deal the minute they get wind that an HCL/RV is coming... so it's going to be in Iraq's best interest to push through both the HCL and an increase in the value very fast... so fast that the BIG money investors won't be able to get their hands on tens or hundreds of millions of dinar at the pre-RV rate.

I am so strong on that opinion that it's my opinion we won't have any warning at all - one night at 8AM Iraq time, my "emergency" phone is going to ring and I'm going to be leaping out of bed to get emails off to the VIP members. The rest of you will wake up in the morning and see it on the news.

:twocents:

yendor A couple of months ago when you told us that you made an "investment" that Donald Trump would be elected president, you told us that next November (2016) we would (A) have Trump for president and ( B) that by then we would have already cashed in.  If either of these were to happen we would cherish the happenstance.... But BOTH ?   That would be euphoria !! My question to you is,  Do you still feel that either or both of these will occur ??????????????

"Investment" :lol: - I also "invest" in the Green Bay Packers every weekend, and that's working out pretty good so far! :D

I'm still positive on my earlier statement.

djiboutikid Barzani's resignation/plan to dissolve the government of Kurdistan... does this development look like a barrier, a bump in the road, or a hiccup for the budget/hcl(sounds like they are going to be intertwined) and RV?

I don't see it as a catastrophe or even a problem... I'll go with "bump in the road".

justchecking123 Isis, Russia, Iran...

Three heads that wouldn't want the US to benefit, and who are firmly entrenched in Iraq's corruption issues.

Why would Iraq turn their currency on at this moment in time when so much could implode politically and economically if they did? Thanks.

The fact that ISIS, Russia, and Iran don't want the US to benefit from anything, ever, has nothing to do with how an RV will benefit Iraq, Russia, Iran, and ISIS.

There's a negative side to any situation, if that's all you're looking for. I don't think those three "heads" have enough influence or control, particularly over the CBI, to stop Iraq from making progress.

FirstTop Kurdistan/Erbil having a lot of issues that will delay political agreements to the HCL. What is your view on this article?

ERBIL, Iraq (Reuters) - The prime minister of Iraqi Kurdistan removed four ministers from his cabinet on Monday and the speaker of parliament was barred from entering the capital in an escalating political crisis that threatens to destabilize the region.

The parliament speaker and ministers are all members of the Gorran party, which the dominant Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) accuses of orchestrating violent protests that resulted in five deaths.

The unrest is the most serious the relatively peaceful region has seen in years and could undermine its effectiveness in the war against Islamic State, in which it is a key ally of the U.S.-led coalition.

The ministers of religious affairs, finance, trade, and peshmerga forces on Monday met Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani who "asked them to leave their posts", Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) spokesman Safeen Dizayee told Reuters.

"These measures were primarily to contain the situation," Dizayee said, adding that the prime minister, who is also vice president of the KDP, would designate existing members of the cabinet to fill the now-vacant posts on a temporary basis.

Earlier on Monday, parliament speaker Yousif Mohammed said security forces loyal to the KDP had turned him back on the road to Erbil, where the parliament is located, describing the act as a "coup".

"The Kurdistan region is heading towards a much worse situation," Mohammed said in a news conference upon his return to the city of Sulaimaniyah, where Gorran is headquartered.

Relations between the parties that make up the KRG have come under increasing strain over the presidency of Massoud Barzani, whose mandate expired on Aug. 20.

Gorran is one of four parties demanding a reduction of the president's powers as a condition for extending his term, but the KDP, which is led by Barzani, has resisted.

The stalemate has compounded an economic crisis that sent people onto the streets in protest. The demonstrations turned violent last week with protesters attacking and torching several KDP offices across Sulaimaniyah province.

The crisis is reinforcing old divisions in the region, which used to have two separate administrations, one based in Erbil and the other in Sulaimaniyah.

The KDP has vacated some of its offices in Sulaimaniyah in recent days and shut down offices of Gorran's TV channel KNN in the cities of Erbil and Duhok.The offices of Sulaimaniyah-based Kurdish media network NRT were also raided by KDP security services who forced its staff out of Erbil province over the weekend, but on Monday, the channel said it had been given permission to re-open.

Well, it's an opinion piece. I try not to give my opinion on other's opinions, but I'll indulge you this one time.

1. "The prime minister of Iraqi Kurdistan removed four ministers from his cabinet on Monday..."

Good! Trim some fat, less chefs makes for better meals.

2. "The unrest is the most serious the relatively peaceful region has seen in years..."

Ugh... :facepalm: Ok, we've heard this same line over and over and over. I disagree with it this time - Look at the last 10 years. Iraq - ALL of Iraq - is generally in a better spot, in almost every way imaginable, than 10 years ago.

3. "...The Kurdistan region is heading towards a much worse situation," Mohammed said.."

Yousif Mohammed is a long time dooms-sayer. He has never, to my recollection, had anything positive to say, in any situation. The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

4. "...the rest of it..."

If we were talking about a city in the US, this would be BAD. We're not talking about the US, though... we're talking about Iraq. Violent protests have always been and will always be part of their life, regardless of the value of their currency. 

Don't get me wrong... I'm not promising that things can't go downhill as a result of this particular situation. But my view is still positive on this. Expecting Iraq to turn into a civilized country, regardless of the value of their currency, is unrealistic. The protests and demonstrations will run their course, and at the end of it there will be a less divided community, not the opposite.

cbb007 Hi Adam, I'm a newbie compared to some of the people around here - I've been in this investment only a little over 5-1/2 years.

My question - do you honestly think Iraq will EVER revalue the dinar?

If the day ever comes where I see evidence that we are going to lose money, I give you my word that I will tell the people.

:tiphat:

=====================================

Now, with the weekly Q's answered... if you haven't caught up on our Dominica project, ===>  check it out now!  <<<==

Have a great day!

- Adam

• Upvote 10

funny.....Adam spoke about Dominica...hardly any views...but he give his opinion and bam.....8 members and 26 guests

Just saying    :shrug:

My Dinar emails get more than twice the clicks of my Dominica emails over the last month. 

"It is what it is" :)

What's important is that so much of this community stepped up to help out. There's always going to be a percentage that only listens to WIIFM radio, but we had nearly 400 people donate to the cause... I think that's amazing.

You say not much is going on but you gave us a ton of info.  Thanks

I'm an overachiever, what can I say?! :lmao:

• Upvote 9

funny.....Adam spoke about Dominica...hardly any views...but he give his opinion and bam.....8 members and 26 guests

Just saying    :shrug:

Here's Adam's Update On Dominica Yesterday In The Rules And Announcements Section For Those Who Missed It ...

Hey everyone, sorry for the late post - internet just now came back into my life!

I woke up this morning in a little bungalow about 10 minutes from the airport.

attachicon.gifbungalow.JPG

I packed up and headed down to the office area, which is the only place there is

internet there. I started to go about my morning routine - it’s Wednesday, so I

usually gather up all my notes from the week and prepare the weekly chat. This

week I had internet about 5% of the time, so I’m not going to be able to give much

of a dinar update.

Suddenly I realized I’m only an hour away from takeoff and I still have to return

the rental car! I grab my things and make it to the airport with 45 minutes to go

until my flight leaves.

Here’s the river that rose during TS Erika and took the airport out of commission:

attachicon.gifairport.jpg

As I got to the rental office, the lady checks the car and notices it isn’t full. I missed

the gas station, and now I only have 30 minutes before my flight leaves. “Tirty

minutes love, dat’s plenty time! Gas station is only 5 minutes up the road, go so

I don’t have ta charge you."

Island time… lol! Ok, I figure I’ll trust her.

It takes me 12 minutes round trip to race to the gas station, fill up, and get back.

Another 3 minutes and I was checked out and headed to security with 15 minutes

till takeoff at 8:30!

It’s currently 8:46, I’m sitting in the Melville Hall airport waiting on the 8:30 flight out

of here…island time is really something else. It took all of 3 minutes to get through

security at about 8:20. There is no internet, or food, or bottled water anywhere. The

storms basically demolished 75% of the airport, and there’s really only one small

working terminal that can be used. My plane hasn’t even came in, much less unloaded

the last passengers. I’m starting to doubt that I will make my connection in Antigua,

which means I’ll be that character that was stuck in the airport for months… oh well,

I really do love a good adventure!

This will be the third update on our mission to help those in Dominica. Now that the

money was raised, shipping logistics sorted, and our goods in the container… it’s time

to find a home for it. (You didn’t think we could just ship it and let it find it’s own way to

the people, did you?! :D)

Originally I started off by calling churches in the area. They all sounded very friendly

and appreciative, expressing their gratitude for our generosity and kindness. Gratitude

is one thing, capability is another… so I decided it would be best to go to Dominica and

find out first-hand who would do the best job with our gifts. I also thought it would be

prudent to not hand it all over to one individual organization - for example, if we just

gave the entire container to the Catholic Church in the capital city of Roseau, it’s safe

to assume that the Catholic community in Roseau would get preference from them.

That’s not what we had in mind, of course.

(8:52AM - I think the plane just got in! I might make it after all whoop! Whoop!)

As it turns out, a majority of the churches simply didn’t have the capability to unload a

container at the port, and the bishops and priests I spoke to at the Catholic Church

were too busy to talk to me on my schedule, insisting that I “call the office” and just

let them handle it. Tsk, tsk, tsk… one thing I will note here is that with the Catholic

church having about 70% of the population as theirs, the authorities in that organization

seem very full of themselves and really important. It wasn’t a nice feeling talking to them,

almost like I was bothering them with our petty efforts and we should have just given

them money. I'm sorry, but I don't work that way. :)

As usual, going in person rather than trying to accomplish everything over the phone was

the right decision. The 2nd hotel I stayed at was owned by an active member of the Rotary

Club, and I was put in contact with a few people in Roseau. Those led to other contacts and

at the end of the trip, I am VERY satisfied with the two organizations that will be distributing

the goods: The Rotary Club of Roseau and Lifeline Ministries.

A little about Dominica… if you ever make it here, and get the least bit carsick - you’ll want

to take something for that! The roads are nothing but series of switchbacks through miles of

tropical rainforest. You honk as you go around corners in the daytime to let hidden oncoming

traffic know you are there. At night you can see the headlights of oncoming traffic, but you

miss the amazing flora and fauna of this beautiful mountain island. There are rivers

EVERYWHERE - on the hour+ drive from Portsmouth to Roseau, I personally saw many

bridges that were washed out, and the road diverted to the side where temporary bridges

had been set up. I believe the bridges were brought over from Martinique, a neighboring island

that has been a huge help to Dominica.

Here are some of the bridges and landslides I saw:

attachicon.gifbridge-1.JPG

attachicon.gifbridge-2.jpg

attachicon.gifdestruction-1.jpg

attachicon.gifdestruction-2.JPG

But don’t let that discourage you from coming here! Here is some of what you can expect,

in addition to quite literally the nicest people I have ever met in all my travels. I have never

felt so safe anywhere in the world. I mean literally so safe that I stopped at roadside shops,

in the dark, on poorly lit side streets, surrounded by strangers… and every single time I was

greeted with nothing but kindness and friendly words. Those are situations where you’re

likely to be robbed in other places… but not Dominica.

attachicon.giffrom-the-top-2.jpg

attachicon.giffrom-the-top.JPG

attachicon.gifpano.JPG

attachicon.gifsunset.jpg

Back to the groups I chose to handle our operation on the ground in Dominica:

Both of the representatives I met with are very likeminded and aligned with what we wanted

to accomplish. I learned that the government is telling all the aid groups to simply give them

any goods received, yet they have warehouses full of rotting food due to their incompetence

(like most government programs). Rather than do that, the Rotary Club and Lifeline Ministries

are connected with other NGO’s (Non Governmental Organizations) throughout the island,

and they believe in serving personally. They will separate, bag, and box the items we have

sent, and give them to the families personally.

I wish I had a camera on their faces when I showed them the list of things we are sending:

• 1750 lbs of flour - (70) 25# bags
  • 2250 lbs of long grain rice - (45) 50# bags
  • 2000 lbs of long grain rice - (80) 25# bags
  • (960) 15oz cans of black beans
  • (960) 15 oz cans of kidney beans
  • 640 lbs of brown rice - (64) 10# bags
  • 2250 lbs of jasmine rice - (90) 25# bags
  • 720 Quarts of canola oil
  • 720 Quarts of vegetable oil
  • (800) 15oz Chicken Soups
  • 7200 Super Large MAXI (pads? I don’t know about these things!)
  • 8640 Tampax Pearl regular
  • 41760 Huggies baby wipes
  • 6264 size 2 diapers
  • 8910 size 3 diapers
  • 5400 size 4 diapers

One of our contacts specifically said “I am so happy to see pads on that list - I was in the

maternity ward the other day and there were none!"

I’m not sure what more I can say about this… it’s a job well done, and I have every bit of

faith that our items will go to those most in need and will not be wasted. They promised

to send pictures later, so the 4th and final update on this endeavor will include those pictures.

To everyone that helped… you’re amazing, and I thank you for teaming up with me on

this. We really did a great thing here!

:tiphat:

P.S. 9:08AM - I was wrong earlier. NOW my plane has landed. :lol: I am pretty sure I’m going

to be stuck in Antigua… oh well, at least it’s not Detroit! :D

B)B)B)

• Upvote 7

As always...Sandfly for the post but especially the update on Dominica....it blows my mind you went their personally....it just confirms we are all in the right place with you and your hard workin' mods and Prayin' that the timing is right around the corner too!!!

Go Pack!!! :)

• Upvote 2