Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

how real are bars layered with 100 mils .999 pure 24k gold?

Radditz68

Researching this a bit, I found an article which stated that 100 mills is 1/10 of a gram. According to my calculations, a troy oz., 100 mills gold bar would therefore be worth about $3.87 in gold content, assuming a gold price of $1200 oz.

It should be real gold. The problem is that they are usually over priced. Silver was the same way when I was looking recently.

Researching this a bit, I found an article which stated that 100 mills is 1/10 of a gram. According to my calculations, a troy oz., 100 mills gold bar would therefore be worth about $3.87 in gold content, assuming a gold price of $1200 oz.

wow, thats crazy!

It should be real gold. The problem is that they are usually over priced. Silver was the same way when I was looking recently.

Yeah I think last I looked siliver was at 17 dollars an oz, most the auctions are 24+ for an ounce of silver seen it go as high as 35. I usually try to find one around 17-23.01. I bought one bar last year for 14.95 (silver that is), and just recently started to get Dinars again when I thought I should give some bars a look see again.

• 3 months later...

why would you want to buy that ? who would buy it back? 100mills is verry thin

A mil is a measurement of thickness. 100 mils is simply metal that is gold plated to a 100 mil coating. Many precious metals are used to coat lesser value metals so that they have the appearance of the precious metal but at a MUCH lower cost. Those bars on ebay are simply replicas of the original REAL bars and/or coins.

Hope this helps.