Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly 23 Sept 2015

Adam Montana

More on the damage 

DOMINICA 

CNN)The physical damage to Dominica is worse than first thought and the emotional toll from Tropical Storm Erika, which killed at least 20 people on the tiny Caribbean island, is substantial, the nation's Prime Minister said Friday night.

"Rest assured, my brothers and sisters, you are not alone in your period of mourning in your period of pain, in your period of suffering and anxiety," Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit told the nation. "We are in this together and help is coming your way."

The storm has passed and was assaulting the Dominican Republic and Haiti on Friday night. It left behind swamped villages, eroded away roads and washed-away homes.

Some people were still missing, Skerrit said.

The Prime Minister, who was in Saint Lucia when the storm first hit, deflected criticism that the government didn't issue proper warnings to its 70,000 citizens.

"There is no need to indulge in blaming others for what has happened in Dominica," he told the nation. He said forecasters had been focused on the larger islands in the Caribbean and Florida.

Dominica was deluged by 12 inches of rain in fewer than 10 hours, CNN meteorologist Chad Myers said.

Trisha Scotland said the storm damage is the worst she's seen in her lifetime.

Scotland walked 6 miles from her home in Jimmit to the capital, Roseau, to check on her mother's business, photographing the devastation along the way.

"I've experienced at least six to seven hurricanes. I'm not even counting the storms. I'm not even counting the depressions," Scotland said.

OK folks, watch the vids and see that we are wanting to do a wonderful thing here.

These poor people are not getting the help that they need, and we now have an opportunity to 

make a difference. Adam asked for $20,000.00 and that would be wonderful, but I know deep within

my heart that we could do so much more. Lets be the people that we all want to be. It's only ten dollars 

and that can make a world of difference to those who have lost everything. 

Adam, for reasons that I should not go into here, I would like to go with you to Miami and then Dominica if you'll have me to help load the container and whatever I can do to help.  I can handle me own travel arrangements and I am a total joy to be around.  Just ask anyone here.  My most enduring trait is that I'm a Patriots fan and if you were to spend some time with me I'm sure you would come to see the light.

My offer is valid but please let me know as soon as you can so I can make arrangements.  You have my number.

I'm off to the donation arena.

Thank you.  And to all who have helped and assisted with this project.

160 contributions for a total of 11,170... which means I am now kicking in ANOTHER 1000!

That puts us at $12,170 :twothumbs:

Adam, for reasons that I should not go into here, I would like to go with you to Miami and then Dominica if you'll have me to help load the container and whatever I can do to help.  I can handle me own travel arrangements and I am a total joy to be around.  Just ask anyone here.  My most enduring trait is that I'm a Patriots fan and if you were to spend some time with me I'm sure you would come to see the light.

My offer is valid but please let me know as soon as you can so I can make arrangements.  You have my number.

I'm off to the donation arena.

Thank you.  And to all who have helped and assisted with this project.

I will let you and anyone else who might be able and willing to help know as soon as possible. I'm working on logistics with the shipping company over the next couple days, so that's really the soonest I'd be able to let you know.

But thank you for the donation and your offer! :twothumbs:

OK folks, watch the vids and see that we are wanting to do a wonderful thing here.

These poor people are not getting the help that they need, and we now have an opportunity to 

make a difference. Adam asked for $20,000.00 and that would be wonderful, but I know deep within

my heart that we could do so much more. Lets be the people that we all want to be. It's only ten dollars 

and that can make a world of difference to those who have lost everything. 

Thanks again for your efforts here!

I actually found that soliciting-of-any-kind-is-not-allowed video when I was doing my initial research. There's 2 reasons I chose not to promote that.

1. They are partnering with Red Cross. I'm not a fan.

2. It's very unclear how they plan on using the money. 27 days ago someone asked how exactly the money would be used, and the question was never answered.

I'm not accusing them of anything, but I know that I feel much more comfortable knowing exactly where my money is going. That's also why I'm not going to make a cash contribution to any of the organizations down there.

I have the same philosophy on panhandlers... I'll buy a gift card from subway rather than give cash.

Anyway, I don't mean to take away from the positives that many organizations are doing. Every little bit helps. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

160 contributions for a total of 11,170... which means I am now kicking in ANOTHER 1000!

That puts us at $12,170 :twothumbs:

I sent Julie an email late Friday with some info that she said you wanted. Being so late I just wanted to verify you knew about it.

Tip hat

I will let you and anyone else who might be able and willing to help know as soon as possible. I'm working on logistics with the shipping company over the next couple days, so that's really the soonest I'd be able to let you know.

But thank you for the donation and your offer! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Thanks again for your efforts here!

I actually found that no-soliciting video when I was doing my initial research. There's 2 reasons I chose not to promote that.

1. They are partnering with Red Cross. I'm not a fan.

2. It's very unclear how they plan on using the money. 27 days ago someone asked how exactly the money would be used, and the question was never answered.

I'm not accusing them of anything, but I know that I feel much more comfortable knowing exactly where my money is going. That's also why I'm not going to make a cash contribution to any of the organizations down there.

I have the same philosophy on panhandlers... I'll buy a gift card from subway rather than give cash.

Anyway, I don't mean to take away from the positives that many organizations are doing. Every little bit helps. :twothumbs:

So very true, my friend, I only posted the videos for everyone to

see what has happened.

I'm 100% certain that not one single organization out there is going

to use every single cent they get for the people of Dominica.

We will. And that is why I'm pushing for you, because you mean

to make a difference.

But that is who you are.

Big hugs

Hey everyone, this is still going strong. HUGE thanks to the following people:

David Sally Betsy Bill David Kenneth Polly Lena Rhonda Robert wayne bennie daphne Daryl Floylene Nico jOSEPH John eric Hans larry Wendy Catherine Jean-louis Oscar Jeanie Dan Kristen Danny Thomas Patsy Danny R Carole Tom Jack Chuck Johnna Greg George Reynold Richard Marc Joan Leonda Catherine Teresa Jim alan Dan Tamela Louis Gary Dennis John Daniel Ada William Carolyn Charles John Diane Doris Jerard Kathy Gerald Alan janice Richard Louise Larry Sidonie Phillip Mary Lou Dave Ray Lucia eric Svend Ryan Donald Dennis LouAnn Randy Richard JAMES Dwain Darcey Paul William Stephen Wesley "Rusty" John Anne Matt Mark Jeffrey LaDonna David Linda MARK Mark Brice Bobby Brian Rob Mildred marcello Pamela Austin nigel Ropnarine Christine Clown Jane Tom Joseph Harry John Robert Ann william David Michelle Carol Cabana Ellen Mark Barbara Sheryl James Pat Carlos Elizabeth Marcie Barbara Kevin Lee Aaron Wilfred William H Dan Barbara Carolyn William TK Lamar William. H Debbie Philip David Kathy Peter James Mervyn Jim Tyler zedra robert Robert Chardin Karl Kristi peter jim Glenn Larry Ronald Philip robyne Eric CHARLES Neil Jamie Sharon Andrew Stephen rod Janice Eric Scuter tami Jason Kenneth Dennis Curtis Anthony Renae Mary Don Mervin Andrea NITA Bill and Myra Victor M Robert Talina Al Vicki James DENNIS

Susan!

If you're name isn't on that list, GET ON IT! :twothumbs:

Our current total contributions is $14,050

I can let this run until about Wednesday, and then we have to put this money to use. If you can chip in $10, $30, $100 or more - just click this link: http://goo.gl/VIuNeb

You are all awesome. ALL OF YOU! I can't wait to post pictures of the stuff we're going to send out. :twothumbs:

Here's the latest numbers:

post-72-0-27690000-1443401243_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

THANKS ADAM, IS NEXT WEEK TOO LATE FOR ME TO GIVE TO IT ADAM

Next week will be too late.

If you can't get anything in soon, we still appreciate you bumping the thread! :twothumbs:

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT U SHOWED UP ! :blink:

POOR YOTA'S BEEN PRACTICALLY TRIPPING OVER ALL OF THE UNTHANKED THREADS IN THE NEWS SECTION ! :o

NOW GET BUSY MISTER ....... SLACKER ...

:D :D :D

:facepalm::lol:

• Upvote 3

:bump:

Hey Adam I'm going to try and do my part in donating.  My pocket book has been tight these past few months.  The lost of three dear family members has put a strain on my end. 

In the meantime I will offer prayers for your utmost effort of this great deed.  The Good Lord is kind, he will hear the cry of his people, and you will succeed in helping the needs of others.  God Bless you Adam!!! 

• Upvote 3

Thanks Adam! That felt great making my donation! I rounded the donation up to the next decade of my age. I'm from Cowtown ,WI. If I can be of more assistance in the future don't hesitate. Hi jvincer from Kaukauna

grelsin,

I gotta ask... where is Cowtown?... or is that a slang name for a different city? 

$15460

(That's Including my $2000 donation that I promised.)

That might not seem like a lot, but I promise you all it IS! Good job everyone and thank you all for getting involved.

We still have a couple days left. If you can manage to kick in another $20 or $100 or even $1000....  listen up. The shipping is paid for. Your money is going to go directly to goods that will help these people. We are talking flour, corn, cooking oil, diapers, etc. Not a penny will be wasted.

This is something you can get behind.

Thank you for your help :)

• Upvote 3