Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly 23 Sept 2015

Adam Montana

Adam, this company went out of its way to help Haiti after their major earthquake  If you read the page of what they are doing, they offer ovens to third world coutries and even help set up factories in these countries as a mean of preventing deforestation and helping those who have no means of cooking their meals after a disaster. People on islands cannot burn wood to cook and these ovens allow them to cook by using their one major resourse, the sun. 

I once heard the owner speak and he's dedicated to helping out in such disasters. Perhaps you can contact him and see if he is able to help Dominica.  Here's the link:

http://sunoven.com/

The meals can be prepared in the mornings and left to sit all day and still be good in the evenings  I have friends who have this product and really like it. He charges a higher price in America so he can help support these other countries in times of need.  I believe he will help you if asked. 

Thanks to all of DV for caring about these people. 

Update - the "Donation" link has been clicked 488 times, and we have only 89 donors for a current total of $6590 (including my first $1000 donation).

post-72-0-66546200-1443147042_thumb.png

Looks like we need a better looking lady at the donation table or something! :lmao:

No, I'm kidding - this is going phenomenally well. I know I'll have to send out a couple more emails to get us to our goal. If my emails annoy you, feel free to unsubscribe, at which point you will get bumped up on the list of people Jesus is giving wedgies to in heaven. You've been warned! :D

My donation is in honor of my 73rd birthday tomorrow!!!

:backflip:

:cowboy2:

Happy early birthday, and congrats on kicking a$$ for 73 years!

Happy Birthday Texas Granny. I made my donation in your honor and for all the dinar vets on this site. I wish it could be more. Adam thank you for letting Ed and I be apart of this. :-)

It is I who thank YOU, because it's people like you that make this site amazing.

:tiphat:

Adam, this company went out of its way to help Haiti after their major earthquake  If you read the page of what they are doing, they offer ovens to third world coutries and even help set up factories in these countries as a mean of preventing deforestation and helping those who have no means of cooking their meals after a disaster. People on islands cannot burn wood to cook and these ovens allow them to cook by using their one major resourse, the sun. 

I once heard the owner speak and he's dedicated to helping out in such disasters. Perhaps you can contact him and see if he is able to help Dominica.  Here's the link:

http://sunoven.com/

The meals can be prepared in the mornings and left to sit all day and still be good in the evenings  I have friends who have this product and really like it. He charges a higher price in America so he can help support these other countries in times of need.  I believe he will help you if asked. 

Thanks to all of DV for caring about these people. 

Softwalker, thanks for posting that. I'll be sure to check into it once this project is done!

I do plan on doing more for this cause in the future, but I am very cognizant of the resources we have here. I am extremely cautious about how often I ask the members for their participation in things like this, because I know that we don't have money trees.

VIP is something you can spend money on here, but that's different. VIP is something every VIP member will benefit from both now and Post RV. The money you might spend on VIP is far outweighed by what you get in return, and what you will get in return after the RV. That is something you do for yourself, and it's a smart decision (in addition to supporting the site, which in turn allows us to do great things like this!)

Charitable causes, like this current drive, are different.

While we are waiting for the RV, we still have a great community that has the ability and the heart to do great things for people in need... the fact that we've raised so much in just one day, to benefit people that probably less than .01% of us are directly connected to... that's amazing. AMAZING!

I never intended to become the person responsible for such potential, but it happened, and here I am... so I will not squander it. It is vitally important that I am responsible and intelligent about managing and directing this community, which is why I very rarely ask the community to pull out the checkbook. 

If I tried to get everyone to donate to every worthy cause in the world, we would fail and we wouldn't have the ability to make a difference in any of them. So, I am very careful to limit what I ask the members here for.

Today, I ask that you chip in whatever you can to help the people of Dominica.

I thank all of you that have, and will, do just that in this campaign. 

I don't know anyone in Dominica. I probably won't see, in person, how our efforts are going to help them.

But I know that we ARE going to help them, and that is worth our time.

Thank you all, GOD BLESS you all, and I look forward to sharing updates as they come.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Looks like we need a better looking lady at the donation table or something! :lmao:

Omg - LGD's Being Replaced After Clownie Gave Him Some Makeup And Kaperoni Loaned Him His Best Dress ? :blink:

Luigi ! Start Shaving Ur Legs - Ur Up Next ! :o

Luigi To The Main Stage ...

:D:D:D

• Upvote 4

Hey Adam, This is great for you to take an interest in aid for these people.  May I suggest that you leverage your efforts and expand you $$$ in utilizing the Mormon Church in a joint effort ogether with them and don't  try to go it on your own. Take a look at how the Mormon Church gets things done with in their world-wide system, make some calls,,- best charity/aid organization on the planet.  https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-humanitarian-response-office-gives-aid-worldwide?lang=eng

Let me know how i can assist further, Corey Nxxxxx  

https://www.lds.org/topics/humanitarian-service/center?lang=eng

Contact Information

Latter-day Saint Humanitarian Center
1665 Bennett Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Phone: 801-240-5954
E-mail: HumanitarianCenter@LDSChurch.org

Church Humanitarian Response Office Gives Aid Worldwide

Contributed By Jason Swensen, Church News staff writer

• 10 SEPTEMBER 2015
humanitarian580.jpg

Church members distribute cases of food from the Church Humanitarian Response Office. Some areas visited by catastrophe are heavily populated by Latter-day Saints. Other distressed areas being served have no significant Church presence.

Edited by TexasGranny
removed personal contact info

Hey Adam, This is great for you to take an interest in aid for these people.  May I suggest that you leverage your efforts and expand you $$$ in utilizing the Mormon Church in a joint effort ogether with them and don't  try to go it on your own. Take a look at how the Mormon Church gets things done with in their world-wide system, make some calls,,- best charity/aid organization on the planet.  https://www.lds.org/church/news/church-humanitarian-response-office-gives-aid-worldwide?lang=eng

Let me know how i can assist further, Corey Nxxxx

https://www.lds.org/topics/humanitarian-service/center?lang=eng

Contact Information

Latter-day Saint Humanitarian Center

1665 Bennett Road

Salt Lake City, UT 84104

Phone: 801-240-5954

E-mail: HumanitarianCenter@LDSChurch.org

Church Humanitarian Response Office Gives Aid Worldwide

Contributed By Jason Swensen, Church News staff writer

• 10 SEPTEMBER 2015
humanitarian580.jpg

Church members distribute cases of food from the Church Humanitarian Response Office. Some areas visited by catastrophe are heavily populated by Latter-day Saints. Other distressed areas being served have no significant Church presence.

• In the Caribbean island of Dominica, flooding and mudslides from Tropical Storm Erika claimed the lives of over 20 people and destroyed homes and other key structures.

No Latter-day Saints were harmed during the storm and no Church buildings were damaged.

The Church is partnering with the International Red Cross, providing provisions to those in need.

“Our members in Dominica are involved and helping others,” Brother Muir said.

Edited by TexasGranny
removed personal contact info
  • Upvote 1

Looks like we need a better looking lady at the donation table or something!

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/208675-adam-montana-weekly-23-sept-2015/page-2#ixzz3mjzweV3q

OK, here she is. 

tn_gallery_23164_1015_4247.jpg

or would you prefer 

tn_gallery_23164_1015_22240.jpg

personally I'm gonna have to go wit the Lady on my right

med_gallery_23164_1015_227354.jpg

Charitable causes, like this current drive, are different.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/208675-adam-montana-weekly-23-sept-2015/page-2#ixzz3mk5lYu6d

So true  my brother, the rewards one would receive from VIP are tangible.

While the rewards one receives from giving are not always so, However, the rewards one receives from

giving is by FAR greater.

So come on folks, now ya got two beautiful women and one big guy with a really big gun  :lol: 

standing at the donation window.   

• Upvote 1

If it stays 'open' long enough, I can donate again. Have to get paid again first!

LOL! I don't plan on leaving this open too long - by the end of next week, whatever has been donated will be put to good use.

This email is going out right now:

Happy Friday my friend!

I hope you had a chance to check out what we're doing 

on the forums right now... it's a completely selfless 

cause, where nobody benefits other than the people on 

a small island that was trashed by a Tropical Storm a 

few weeks ago.

So far we've raised $7630. 

~ $4000 of that is going to the shipping company, and 

the rest is going to be spent on the following:

1. A truck to load up goods like flour, cooking oil, 

beans, rice, fem-care, diapers, etc.

2. $0 for the CEO of this operation.

3. The items from #1 will be purchased at the closest 

local Sams Club or whatever place makes the most sense.

In other words, we are going to maximize our dollar, 

minimize waste, and actually HELP the people in this 

poor country.

I get nothing out of this... other than the satisfaction 

that comes to you when you help.

I encourage you to get the same satisfaction right now. 

Click the following link, and give whatever you're willing 

or able to give.

http://goo.gl/VIuNeb

If you've been following me, or reading my posts, or a 

part of our community for long, you will know one very 

basic fact about me.

I don't often ask you to help, or donate, or support me, 

or anything like that. I do what I do because I love our 

community... but once in a while, something important 

pops up... and this is one of those times.

I want you to be part of this success story!

We have a goal of $20,000. We're nearly halfway there.

Click and chip in a couple bucks, or a couple hundred if 

you're able.

Here's the link: http://goo.gl/VIuNeb

I'll be sending out pictures of what your money did for 

the people of Dominica.

P.S. If this email makes you furious, and you are thinking 

"How DARE Adam ask me to pull out my credit card when all 

I want is free Dinar News!!!!" - please, just click this 

link:

(Remove Link)

You'll never hear from me again once you do that, and I 

will sleep better knowing that I'm not bothering you. We 

both win. :)

I know most of our members won't click that link. This 

community is absolutely amazing, and I am so proud to be 

a part of it. SO PROUD! And I thank you all for everything

you have done and continue to do... even if it's just

sharing the link ( http://goo.gl/VIuNeb ) so a friend of 

yours can chip in.

I promise you - EVERY penny that goes into this is going 

to benefit the people of Dominica. Yeah, you could just 

donate to the Red Cross or some other organization, but 

then who knows where your money is *really* going.

That's not the case here. EVERY. PENNY. Is going to THIS 

effort.

Help out as much as you can: http://goo.gl/VIuNeb

Best regards, my friends!

- Adam Montana

• Upvote 4

Hi Adam,

I live in Kaukauna.  If the crate gets loaded in this area, I can help (unless its during a Packer game).   My phone number is in my profile. 

Most likely we will be loading the container in Miami, since that's where the shipping company will be departing from. Thank you for the offer though! Any cash you can chip in will add to what we are able to send to the island.

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

My donation is in honor of my 73rd birthday tomorrow!!!

:backflip:

:cowboy2:

No way you're 73. Not a day over 30.

Awweee, Happy Birthday, and may God bless you with Joy, love

and prosperity.

No way you're 73. Not a day over 30.

Awweee, Happy Birthday, and may God bless you with Joy, love

and prosperity.

In an effort to motivate folks I'd like to remind everyone what were attempting to do here.

Dominica asks for aid after tropical storm Erika devastates island

Tiny Caribbean country’s prime minister is asking for international help after the storm caused damage that will cost half the country’s annual GDP to repair

3504.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
 A British ship brings disaster relief supplies to Dominica after Tropical Storm Erika hit on 27 August 2015. Photograph: EPA

Paul Crask in Giraudel

Friday 4 September 2015 11.48 EDT Last modified on Friday 4 September 201520.40 EDT

Dominica’s prime minister has pleaded for more international aid to help rebuild the tiny Caribbean country after tropical storm Erika tore across the island, devastating villages, wrecking bridges and leaving a reconstruction bill worth half the country’s annual GDP.

About 10 inches of rain fell in a few hours, turning rivers on this mountainous island into torrents and hillsides into deadly mudslides. The capital Roseau was engulfed by water, and the island’s main airport is still out of action and will cost some £10m ($15m) to repair.

“Every piece of equipment at the airport has been destroyed beyond use,” said Skerrit in a statement on his Facebook page.

At least 31 people are thought to have died in the storm, but dozens more are missing and bodies are believed to remain buried under landslides.

An aerial view shows washed-away buildings south of Coulihaut, Dominica. Photograph: EPA

Dominica’s neighbours in the Caribbean were the first to deliver aid in the form of helicopters, medical assistance, telecommunication engineers, and financial aid, and were followed by essential supplies and manpower from Venezuela and doctors and nurses from Cuba.

Advertisement

But eight days after the storm made landfall, the absence of humanitarian assistance and financial pledges from richer countries is clear and, following the arrival of Royal Navy auxiliary ship Lyme Bay, Skerrit made a fresh call for international help.

“We are hopeful that with the involvement of the British military, other developed countries will also come on board as there is plenty, plenty, plenty to be done. This country honestly does not have the resources to rebuild by itself,” he said.

British engineers are on the ground assisting with temporary water systems in villages that are without supplies, but the country faces an enormous challenge: initial estimates from the government of Dominica put the infrastructure repair and reconstruction bill at over £150m ($228m) – nearly half the country’s GDP.

The figure excludes the rebuilding of more than 370 private houses and the Jungle Bay holiday resort which was buried beneath a landslide after tourists were evacuated.

2400.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
 Rescuers assist villagers in a boat during evacuation efforts in Petite Savannah, Dominica. Photograph: Carlisle Jno Baptiste/AFP/Getty Images

Many islanders are still in shock and fear. It is still the North Atlantic hurricane season and any repeat of this tragedy would certainly deal the island a killer blow. Heavily reliant on a fragile eco-tourism industry and frequently confused with the Dominican Republic, Dominica already endures a precarious existence.

“I can’t express how I feel,” said hotel owner Fae Martin. “Shocked, depressed, at a complete loss for words. I’ve never seen anything like this. Ever.”

Six hundred people were evacuated by sea from the south coast village of Petite Savanne after it was engulfed by mudslides.

Guardian graphic

Richard Baron described his family’s narrow escape as successive landslides entombed his home, trapping his wife and daughter inside, but sweeping him and his son down the hillside. With his leg broken, Baron held on to a tree, pulled his son out of a ravine, and then climbed back up the slide to rescue the rest of his family.

“The whole area was coming down,” he recalled. “I thought it was the end.”

More such stories will inevitably emerge as the areas that bore the brunt of the damage are recovered.

The village of Delices in the south-east is still cut off due to landslides, road and bridge destruction, as is Dominica’s highest village, Laudat, gateway to the Morne Trois Pitons National Park, a Unesco World Heritage Site and home to many of the island’s acclaimed hiking trails.

A washed-away bridge south of Coulihaut, Dominica. Photograph: EPA

Helicopters buzz across the elevated interior throughout the day bringing essential supplies to people who have been running short of food and clean drinking water, and islanders have been volunteering with clean-up work and aid distribution. Dominicans have noticeably been at the forefront of their own recovery. Heavy machinery crews have been working 24/7, utilities teams have been crossing rivers and hiking mountains in attempts to reconnect people, and villagers have, in the main, resisted waiting for others to clear away the debris and have instead been working hard trying to bring a sense of normality to their doorsteps.

But questions are being asked about how such a tragedy ever came to pass.

Dominica was inadequately prepared for a storm such as Erika. Many roads and bridges were simply not robust enough to withstand such high volumes of water, and some will continue to ask why the airport was ever constructed in the path of the natural course of the Melville Hall river.

Bertrand Jno Baptiste, a forestry officer from the west coast village of Coulibistrie said he was still looking for help to dig out his house. “The whole village is wrecked,” he said. “It will never be the same again.”

• Upvote 2