Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investors rushing back into the market - A good sign

TrinityeXchange

its refreshing to see investors come back to the market.  number of trades were very low for quite some time.  monday witnessed well over 500 trades while tuesday was well into the 600s.  i believe the isx is a good thermometer of volatility in the country.  when investors begin heavily playing the market, it is a good sign for security and stability.  now, if they would only release the latest news about the custodian banks.  i would really like to know how many, if any, banks registered to begin operating as custodians to the isx.

21 September 2015 02:38 PM

Mubasher: Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) saw a positive performance for the fifth straight session on Monday, rising 0.59% or 5.01 points to reach 851.13 points.

Turnover reached IQD 592.67 million after 514,930 shares were traded through 544 transactions.

Modern Sewing Company was the top gainers after rising 10% to JOD 3.08, while Gulf Insurance Company led losers after falling 2.63% to JOD 0.37%

20 September 2015 03:23 PM

Mubasher: Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) saw a bearish performance on Sunday, rising 1.09% or 9.14 points to reach 846.12 points.

Turnover reached IQD 691.55 million after 693,950 shares were traded through 529 transactions.

Modern Sewing Company topped gainers after rising 8.53% to IQD 2.8, while Al Mansour Company for Pharmaceutical Industries was the worst performer after falling 4.26% to IQD 0.9.  

17 September 2015 03:13 PM

Mubasher: Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) closed in the green on Thursday, adding 0.15% or 1.28 points to reach 836.98 points.

The market saw trading of 844,330 shares through 634 transactions, with turnover of IQD 974.5 million.

Dar Es Salaam Investment Bank was the best performer after adding 9.26%, while Babylon Hotel led losers after falling 7.83%.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 2

just as a show of comparison.  here is data from two different dates highlighting the number of trades/transactions.  we can see how interest in the market plummeted significantly.  hopefully things will pick back up again as we follow the current trend upwards.  

Market Summary (May 28th 2015)

Volume

Traded Companies

Traded Shares

Trades

ISX Index 60

Market Summary (Aug 10th 2015)

Volume

Traded Companies

Traded Shares

Trades

ISX Index 60

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 2

Morning TrinityeX,

Lately I have been asking myself the question," Can this really be?" As we both believe, "with God, all things are possible!" So Yes, it is possible, however, there is something that is not adding up. A couple of factors continue to irritate me.

1) Iraq is only as exotic as one wants it to be- Investor temperament is both localized and international.

2) The PTB have already placed there money down on Iraq including the UAE who stated that they dump their "surplus" cash into the market.

3) The Western or non-Iraq has already been shown not to be held in the  highest regard, remember the refusal to give BBOB  dividends to us.

My reservations of late have been in place since the publishing of the money transfer companies and their subsequent listing on the Bourse. I am beginning to question whether or not we will see the fruit of labor later rather than sooner. Once the custodian banks are online, the layer of protection that we have sought will be in place. However, we still could get stiffed as we were with BBOB.

A couple of indicators that I am looking for before my excitement returns are the following:

1) Approval of Investment Laws that treat the non-Iraqi investor the same as Iraqi's (I thought this one was already on the books, go figure)

2) The opening of the ESX (to me, the delay is due to structural not technical issues, remember they are backed by Dubai)

3) The Money Transfer and Financial Trade Companies need to be in operation (I doubt the actual trading movement I am looking to see WILL NOT occur until the "Johnny Come Lately" subscribers come along to bless us indeed.

Just some thoughts My Brother,

Moneysoon

• Upvote 1