Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Our Unspeakable Privilege

ronscarpa

Our Unspeakable Privilege

Our WORD for Sunday, 9/20/2015
 - John Piper

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” (Exodus 3:14

One implication of the magnificent Name, I AM WHO I AM, is that this infinite, absolute, self-determining God has drawn near to us in Jesus Christ.

In John 8:56–58 Jesus is answering the criticism of the Jewish leaders. He says, “Your father Abraham rejoiced that he was to see My day; he saw it and was glad.” The Jews then said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly! I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Could Jesus have taken any more exalted words upon his lips? When Jesus said, “Before Abraham was, I AM,” He took up all the majestic truth of the Name of God, wrapped it in the humility of servanthood, offered Himself to atone for all our rebellion, and made a way for us to see the Glory of God without fear.

In Jesus Christ we who are born of God have the unspeakable privilege of knowing Yahweh as our Father — I AM WHO I AM — the Almighty God

* Who exists
   * Whose personality and power is owing solely to Himself
   * Who never changes
   * From Whom all power and energy in the universe flows
   * And to Whom all creation should conform His life.

May those who know the Name of God put their trust in Him...!

(Slightly modified) .. Have a Blessed Sunday...RON  :tiphat: 

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Upvote 4