Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hope I Didn't Miss the RV

pudge

Interesting discussion. I can understand where a person like Pudge comes from, afterall there has been no revalue of the dinar since the 1166 peg was set in 2009. Pudgy will point to the thousands of RV date predictions that have filled the dinar websites each and every month for the last six years. I cannot think of another financial event which carries such a duality of outcome in the minds of its loyalists. Instant riches, versus a long term outlook of growth due to iraq's underground oil. The geopolitical turmoil in the last couple of years with sectarian violence and the rise of ISIS, coupled with internal political corruption and money laundering, has pretty much diminished the prospect of an over-night RV, in my opinion. I think the CBI is just trying to stay alive now. As dinar holders, these are frustrating times, but as long as iraq can remain an undivided sovereign nation, with its oil intact, it's currency, the Iraqi dinar, will remain a revalue prospect to investors. If iraq gets divided through UN intervention or other processes, then the Iraqi dinar that we hold will become tenuous at best, and obsolete, at worst. Hang in there. Enjoy each and every day that God gives you. Take time to thank Him for the simple blessings that we are so privileged to have, with OR without RV riches.

• Upvote 2

I cannot think of another financial event which carries such a duality of outcome in the minds of its loyalists. Instant riches, versus a long term outlook of growth due to iraq's underground oil. 

Too bad both views are wrong.  A pegged currency can never have an exchange rate beyond the ratio of its foreign reserves and money supply and even a booming (oil or other based) economy does not lead to large rises in its currency, and what upward pressure that does occur will be resisted by the CBI since its goal is a stable exchange rate, not a rising one.  I have never seen a financial event with so much myth and false information surrounding it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Too bad both views are wrong.  A pegged currency can never have an exchange rate beyond the ratio of its foreign reserves and money supply and even a booming (oil or other based) economy does not lead to large rises in its currency, and what upward pressure that does occur will be resisted by the CBI since its goal is a stable exchange rate, not a rising one.  I have never seen a financial event with so much myth and false information surrounding it.

What makes you think it is going to remained pegged?

What makes you think it is going to remained pegged?

Well all the OPEC nations use a peg and I think that is due to not wanting the volatility of oil prices to translate to volatility in their exchange rate.  What an economy wants (especially a growing economy) is a stable exchange rate, which is why that is the CBI's primary goal.   Technically they could move to a float, but for that to be real the CBI has to be only a small part of the market for IQD not the entire market as it is today as otherwise the rate the CBI offers still would dominate just like a peg.   For there to be any chance of a float Iraq's oil exports have to be only a small part of their total exports, but its the reverse now and I don't see that changing (i.e. other exports will hopefully grow, but so will oil exports, no way will the first overtake the second).  And why would it float up at all let alone by the levels folks hope for wrt an RV?

Respectfully everyone...... Does this sh_t not bore the hell out of ya?  Come on really!   Lighten up. Its only money. One can always make more.. Who cares,  Lop or no lop it does not matter. If it Lops then i guess if you still have dinar you screwed up. If it RVs and you sold out then i guess you screwed up big time. It's not really worth a discussion let alone an argument. It does not matter!

• Upvote 2

Respectfully everyone...... Does this sh_t not bore the hell out of ya?  Come on really!   Lighten up. Its only money. One can always make more.. Who cares,  Lop or no lop it does not matter. If it Lops then i guess if you still have dinar you screwed up. If it RVs and you sold out then i guess you screwed up big time. It's not really worth a discussion let alone an argument. It does not matter!

I couldn't agree with you more!!! IMO it's fruitless to "discuss", "debate", or "argue" about the unknown. If there is 100% proof one way or the other on what Iraq WILL do, I challenge them to present it. And NO, someone's opinion or statement does not qualify as 100% proof. Ain't nuthin NEW been offered up in regards to info that hasn't been presented before or isn't readily available with research. End of the day either you buy into a possible RV or ya don't..........really quite simple. All this other crap is exactly that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I couldn't agree with you more!!! IMO it's fruitless to "discuss", "debate", or "argue" about the unknown. If there is 100% proof one way or the other on what Iraq WILL do, I challenge them to present it. And NO, someone's opinion or statement does not qualify as 100% proof. Ain't nuthin NEW been offered up in regards to info that hasn't been presented before or isn't readily available with research. End of the day either you buy into a possible RV or ya don't..........really quite simple. All this other crap is exactly that.

Yep. It is pointless Caz.  Makes no difference at all.   Never did and never will.  Someday they will do something  Good or bad. Hopefully good !   But either way its been fun! 

• Upvote 1

Yep. It is pointless Caz.  Makes no difference at all.   Never did and never will.  Someday they will do something  Good or bad. Hopefully good !   But either way its been fun!

+1............I agree! If ya can't have fun or enjoy urself...........u might as well jump in Da Tank-LOL

The tank is a great place to visit, you just wouldn't want to live there ! LOL .............I got to say this my friend SD I know you are not a lopster and you do push the borders sometimes with negative news " not your news " but news that may be we don't want to here. Because you are real and you don't hide what you are and who you are, I trust in you ! To date, you may be the best at bringing both sides of this story together without getting caught in the lopster trap and for that reason alone I think you rock !

• Upvote 1

Tex, to me, it's not hard to figure out right now. There are simply no factors in iraq right now that point to a big RV of the dinar. They are in such a bad economic and political position that basic survival is the priority of the ministers at the MOF and the CBI. To people who hang on the word of every guru anxiously awaiting a BIG revalue to occur today or tomorrow, this is a depressing time. But as I've said before, the oil isn't going anywhere. The political climate may improve. ISIS may be driven back into Syria, and the Kurds may elect to stay with Baghdad, and oil may rise above $100 bbl. If these things happen, the CBI could possibly revalue the dinar. If these things do NOT happen, then expect to see the 1166 peg stay in place for quite some time to come. This is not lobsterspeak, it's just the sitrep at the current time.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your reply Antietam and you may be a 100% right , however if a Muslim can enter the White House, I would think a Muslim RV could happen just as easy. And yes oil needs to be back to 65-70 $ bbl , heck I want it to get back to the century mark , I've got much more riding on that.

• Upvote 2