Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

ive not seen rial on sale with any bank - i contacted chase and wells fargo as well as my local airport and travelex..they are not offering it.

Give it a few days today was the very first day they went live !

What are your thoughts on the possibility of it hitting .05?

I'm not sure we'll ever see that cuz there always gettin into trouble , but wouldn't that be sweet :eyebrows:

:blink: Iran Sees $50 Billion in Foreign Investment Driving Post-Sanction Boom  :blink:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-20/iran-sees-50-billion-foreign-inflows-driving-post-sanction-boom

Straight from the Central Bank of Iran's Governor's words - yup!  :ph34r:

The removal of sanctions on Iran may trigger at least $50 billion a year in foreign investment to finance :blink: a rebound in an economy hit by the oil slump, the country’s central bank governor said.

“Our country can absorb a great deal of foreign investment, considering its potential,” Valiollah Seif said in an interview Wednesday at his office in Tehran, days after the trade and financial curbs were lifted last weekend. “I think more than $50 billion per year isn’t far-fetched,” :blink:  he said.

The end of Iran’s isolation has triggered a wave of interest in a $400 billion economy :blink: that’s home to some of the world’s biggest fossil-fuel reserves, and also a relatively untapped resource for global business because of its decade-long pariah status. Still, some analysts warn that an opaque bureaucracy and lingering political stigmas will leave companies cautious about rushing in.

Iran has already reaped some benefits from the implementation of last year’s nuclear accord, negotiated with world powers including the U.S. and European Union that were the prime movers of the sanctions regime. About $32 billion of oil revenues previously frozen in accounts overseas are now accessible, and will probably be used to buy commodities, Seif said.

Unified Currency

The prospect of ramped-up Iranian crude output has further depressed oil prices, which are down by about three-quarters from mid-2014 levels. That’s going to cap Iran’s economic growth in the Persian year that ends this March, Seif said. He predicts an expansion of less than 3 percent in that period, but said growth could accelerate to between 5 and 6 percent in the following Iranian year through March 2017.

The coming months will see moves toward normalization of Iran’s currency regime and financial system, Seif said. :blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

He said the dual exchange rates -- one set by the central bank and a more competitive unofficial market rate -- should be unified within six months. The re-entry of banks into the global system will happen faster: Seif said most lenders have submitted the necessary paperwork to the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) and should practically be reconnected within a few days. :blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

Bank Saderat, which says it’s Iran’s largest bank, is still subject to sanctions and is presenting its case to the U.S. Treasury to have the restrictions removed.

Bad Loans

Sanctions coupled with loose monetary policy under former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad have saddled Iran’s banks with one of the highest non-performing loanratios in the region, behind Libya and Yemen, according to the International Monetary Fund. Seif said the problem is being addressed, with risky loans down to 12.6 percent of all credit, or about $30 billion, from 15 percent two years ago.

“One of the methods we’re assessing with regards to addressing this issue is setting up asset management companies which can buy some of these bad loans," he said.

The bank chief said Iran will consider raising funds on international debt markets in the future via a euro-denominated bond issue, though that’s “not one of our first priorities” and would be contingent on how much foreign direct investment the country can attract.

• Upvote 1

Now, I understand and would respect everyone's moral thoughts regarding Iran's whole entire political regime and political craziness, I won't get all into that - but I find it very, very difficult to understand why can't the country of Iraq and it's dinar currency get there ducks in a row should Iran's own rial currency is expected to hit the market relatively sooner as anticipated?!!  :shrug: Iran's Central Bank Governor said it himself, they're ready in about six months?!!  :shrug:  There's no mentioning of the expected rate, I don't believe it'll be much at all but it'll be a little something something! 

I really wonder if big bro Adam is really watching out for this like on the "sidelines", I understand he's totally against this and doesn't want anything to do with it - but c'mon, you just gotta' wonder!   :confused2:  :twocents:  :confused:

Would Iran's move into the market help influence Iraq to get its act together? (Maybe this should be a question to be posted on next week's chat for Adam :unsure:)

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Upvote 2

I know there are some very respected persons who are highly against this investment.  The way I look at it is that I am tired of watching my government give billions of dollars to countries which hate Americans.  Our government throws billions of dollars away and waste them while I struggle to make things work.  I simply want to get that which I feel is rightfully mine as an American citizen.  

• Upvote 1

I know there are some very respected persons who are highly against this investment.  The way I look at it is that I am tired of watching my government give billions of dollars to countries which hate Americans.  Our government throws billions of dollars away and waste them while I struggle to make things work.  I simply want to get that which I feel is rightfully mine as an American citizen.  

Agreed Bohica... I am more than worthy to get what I earn and deserve... BUT not at the expense of my security, or yours.  An investment in this terrorist state is an attack on me, and you.  We may survive... but someone else might not. Participants will be complicit in any harmful acts against this country.  I've never judged people in advance this way... but the naivety, greed and shortsightedness is despicable.   As far as I'm concerned, every proponent on this thread should be ashamed of themselves.  

• Upvote 1

I want to thank you for 'not judging me'.  I do have an issue with that frame of thought because in that line everyone who has purchased Vietnamese dong is complacent with those who killed over 58000 American service personnel and the dinar itself is questionable since that whole area has been and will continue to be a hotbed.  Likewise any investment in coca-cola and standard oil is offering reward to those who gave significant aid, assistance and comfort to the Nazi war effort.  Chase bank found no problem with their banking after the Nazi's took France.  In reality, there is no place where a person can invest that does not have blood.  Even the Catholic church in that they offered support and assistance in getting many Nazi's out of Germany and into South America after the war.  I see what you are saying and I respect your opinion.  I just do not see my investment in the Rial any different than if I would have invested in the railroad or oil companies.    

• Upvote 4

Understood Bohica... but that was then, and this is now, under much different circumstances dealing with a Terrorist State.  Also, South Vietnam and Iraq are not in that category... Further, investing/speculating in currency is a bit different than investing in other businesses/industries/commodities... although I personally hold them in an indirect regard.

Also, just because others chose to invest in the historical past, does not change the morality of it.... or whether it would exonerate my own participation... I will not do it.  Even if I had "inside knowledge" of its inevitable RV... I would not do it.

In regard to the Rial... perhaps your investment won't pay off until someday when Iran has repented/evolved and joined the rest of the civilized world.  We can only hope!

• Upvote 1

I know not everyone is in the same situation.  I just know that in my setting and case I must do anything and everything possible to make it possible for my wife to be able to quit her job and retire.  Physically I am unable to work.  I live on disability that our government seems to want to phase out.  So I will invest, dig, gamble, parley, and do anything I possibly can that might have even the most remote possibly of paying off in order to obtain my goal.  

• Upvote 1

I know not everyone is in the same situation.  I just know that in my setting and case I must do anything and everything possible to make it possible for my wife to be able to quit her job and retire.  Physically I am unable to work.  I live on disability that our government seems to want to phase out.  So I will invest, dig, gamble, parley, and do anything I possibly can that might have even the most remote possibly of paying off in order to obtain my goal.  

You're not alone in that Bohica... but a goal that puts security at risk and potential harm to others???  Unimaginable to me... I will find another way.  I wish you the best.

• Upvote 1

I find it funny how you talk about putting our security at risk. I bet u voted for Obama too.

Are you talking to me, gixxer?  If so... what's so funny about about personal security?  Further, read a few more of my posts before you spout off about my voting record and philosophical perspective.  How the heck did you connect those dots?!!! FIRST time I've ever been misidentified!  Congratulations! LMAO

Substantive reply requested.

Edited by Jaxinjersey
  • Upvote 1

I didn't say ur personal security is funny, I'm saying you speak about it in general, yet we have Obama as president and ur worried about supporting Iran by purchasing rials. To me that makes no sense. I fear my own government more than Iran. Also misidentified? Because I said I bet u voted for Obama? Lol ok I misidentified you?!?!? But whatever man, I'm not getting in an argument with u. All I was saying was I found it funny u are sooo against the rial (buying it) and u say u seem to not judge ppl but u have alot to say when someone says they invested/bought rials due to "insert reason here". And u are against it because security, but ur not afraid of ur security from ur own country? (no need to answer that) I'm done with this conversation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I didn't say ur personal security is funny, I'm saying you speak about it in general, yet we have Obama as president and ur worried about supporting Iran by purchasing rials. To me that makes no sense. I fear my own government more than Iran. Also misidentified? Because I said I bet u voted for Obama? Lol ok I misidentified you?!?!? But whatever man, I'm not getting in an argument with u. All I was saying was I found it funny u are sooo against the rial (buying it) and u say u seem to not judge ppl but u have alot to say when someone says they invested/bought rials due to "insert reason here". And u are against it because security, but ur not afraid of ur security from ur own country? (no need to answer that) I'm done with this conversation.

Nonsense dude... you started the argument.  All security is about personal security.  I never said anything about NOT being wary of our own government... you're putting words in my mouth.   It's self-evident that Obama's Iran Deal is the catalyst here.  We certainly can and should be wary of both!

And yes, re-read my statement... I AM judging people who have no problem investing in a terrorist state... no bones about it. Your participation will support terrorism... it's pretty simple.  And I will fight that to the best of my ability... what's hard to understand about that?!  How the heck does that get interpreted as supporting Obama?!  Get a clue.  Obama and Kerry are as complicit in compromising our security as anyone that uses that deal to open doors for "investing" in Iran.

My dots line up and connect just fine.  Sounds like YOU'RE the one that's "voting" in the confidence of Obama, not me. Wake up man... how does this not make sense in your world?

Thanks for the response, as per my request... incoherent as it is. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can respect those who prefer not to invest in the Rial for personal reasons.  I do question the premise that it is either anti-American or represents a national threat.  Presently in this country we have a president who, through any rudimentary yet serious investigation, would never have been found eligible to become president and represents the biggest scam ever forced upon America by a particular party.  While most Islamic nations view the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization our president has placed many of them in key positions.  Jarrett, Obama's key adviser, bragged about how she is using the American freedoms and system to turn America into an Islamic nation.  While America is at war with terrorist organization Obama works hard to disarm the very front line of defense, the armed American populous.  Obama is purposely seeking to enact situations such as the flood of 'refugees' in which it has been proven represents many ISIS in disguise.  With the allowance of the refugees and other illegals Obama is seeking a plan which would crush the substructure such as law enforcement, medical, social structures, and emergency services causing it to implode.  Iran, for all practical purposes, probably already has a nuclear weapon.  My small investment is not going to alter that nor represent a greater threat than our own government does at this very moment.  I believe it is ironic that any money which I might gain will be going to better defend myself and my loved ones from these very people.  As per my Vietnamese investment, I see Vietnam as the enemy and always will be the enemy.  This is why with both Iran and Vietnam I plan to laugh all the way to the bank knowing that I have taken key resources away from my enemies to use against them.   

• Upvote 3

I can respect those who prefer not to invest in the Rial for personal reasons.  I do question the premise that it is either anti-American or represents a national threat.  Presently in this country we have a president who, through any rudimentary yet serious investigation, would never have been found eligible to become president and represents the biggest scam ever forced upon America by a particular party.  While most Islamic nations view the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization our president has placed many of them in key positions.  Jarrett, Obama's key adviser, bragged about how she is using the American freedoms and system to turn America into an Islamic nation.  While America is at war with terrorist organization Obama works hard to disarm the very front line of defense, the armed American populous.  Obama is purposely seeking to enact situations such as the flood of 'refugees' in which it has been proven represents many ISIS in disguise.  With the allowance of the refugees and other illegals Obama is seeking a plan which would crush the substructure such as law enforcement, medical, social structures, and emergency services causing it to implode.  Iran, for all practical purposes, probably already has a nuclear weapon.  My small investment is not going to alter that nor represent a greater threat than our own government does at this very moment.  I believe it is ironic that any money which I might gain will be going to better defend myself and my loved ones from these very people.  As per my Vietnamese investment, I see Vietnam as the enemy and always will be the enemy.  This is why with both Iran and Vietnam I plan to laugh all the way to the bank knowing that I have taken key resources away from my enemies to use against them.   

Bohica... great post, and I concur as to the criminal activity above by our own leadership, etc... However, using that same activity to justify your own participation is where you lose me!  Sounds like... if you can't beat them, join them!  And that would be just as culpable, in a minor (personal) way.  But add all others who feel as you do... and bam... lots of money going to the terrorist regime.  They do, of course, make money off of your currency exchange.  So, in an accumulating way... the participation is there.  

And from a simple moral standpoint... how do you know that even one single dollar you've provided isn't harmful?  You don't... and that's the point.  There is NO WAY to claim that it CAN'T BE... ISN'T... or WON'T BE a compromise to our national security, hence the individual personal security of any of us.  There is no better PERSONAL REASON not to participate!!!  It is all accumulative... against our Constitutional rights... and needs defending.   Hence, my continued lobbying here!

Very simply... if YOUR dollar ends up hurting ME (or another)... you're complicit.  Period.  You can't hide behind the "minor" contribution reasoning.  It all factors in.  The money you make to better defend yourself and your loved ones MAY help...  but it won't help someone else that may suffer from it!  Can't you see that it's not all about you, and your minor participation?  There's no such thing as minor participation, especially in connection to terrorism!  That's gambling... with others' lives.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Basically in that logic all the tax money that has been filtered to the terrorist nations would make every complicit.  

Perhaps... and perhaps in many other indirect ways that we have no choice in the matter!  But NOT by conscious, individual, direct choice.  So NOT the same logic.  Again, you are trying to justify your participation by the bad, immoral and nefarious choices of others.  That is some serious rationalizing and spin Bohica.  Look, there is no way to justify this... and I do appreciate your engagement in the dialogue.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...