Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

More scoop: 

Biden admin weigh easing Iran sanctions: Sunday Times

Link: https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/458437/Biden-admin-weigh-easing-Iran-sanctions-Sunday-Times

It is noted that despite the fact that the new administration insists on the desire to sit down at the negotiating table, “there are signs that a relaxation of sanctions is not far off.” 

“Easing sanctions is definitely on the way. Not today or tomorrow. But it is on its way,” said a source from the national security sector."

• Thanks 1

More scoop: 

ARGUMENT U.S.-Iran Talks Will Falter Unless Abdolnaser Hemmati Is at the Table

Unwinding sanctions will be central to reviving the nuclear deal. If the Biden administration wants a lasting solution, it must involve Iran’s central bank governor.

Link: https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/02/25/u-s-iran-talks-will-falter-unless-abdolnaser-hemmati-is-at-the-table/

• Thanks 1

More scoop: 

Reviving the Iran deal: On Biden attempt to revive JCPOA

MARCH 03, 2021 00:02 IST
UPDATED: MARCH 03, 2021 00:47 IST

Biden needs to seal the nuclear deal before hardliners gain the upper hand in Iran

Link: https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/editorial/reviving-the-iran-deal-on-biden-attempt-to-revive-jcpoa/article33974350.ece

• Thanks 1

More scoop:

Link: https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/story/24026-US-reaffirms-commitment-to-Iranian-nuclear-talks,-despite-Iran’s-rejection

US reaffirms commitment to Iranian nuclear talks, despite Iran’s rejection

WASHINGTON DC (Kurdistan 24) - State Department Spokesperson Ned Price on Monday reaffirmed the continued US commitment to discussions with Iran over the 2015 nuclear deal, which President Donald Trump abrogated in 2018, although Iran has rejected such talks.

Already on Feb. 18, the US said it was ready to participate in such discussions, along with the signatories to the nuclear deal: Iran, plus what is known as the P-5: the five permanent members of the UN Security Council, which, in addition to the US, include Britain, China, France, Russia, while the “+1” is Germany.

Iran’s first response to the invitation, issued by the European Union (EU), was only that it was studying the invitation. On Sunday, Foreign Ministry spokesman, Saeed Khatibzadeh, finally gave Iran’s reply. He issued a statement, saying, “Iran does not consider this the time to hold an informal meeting with these countries.”

The US reaction to the Iranian rejection has been muted. “We are disappointed at Iran’s response,” Price told journalists on Monday, “but we remain ready to re-engage in meaningful diplomacy to achieve a mutual return to compliance under the JCPOA [Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the formal name of the nuclear deal.]”

“We’ll be consulting our P5+1 partners on the best way forward,” Price added, as he affirmed that “resumption of a compliance can’t happen without all sides discussing the details.”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, md11fr8dawg said:

What could possibly go wrong with this deal???

Man, anything can happen........it is that now there are talks in trying for everyone to come back to the JCPOA table, but with the recent missile attacks in Iraq (just my view) it continues to be a struggle to get things done and resolved.  I still, do not believe Iran's currency will pop first before the Dinar, and this might be our other indicator to help us foresee or get an idea just how close we are to the RV.  There's another hot thread happening that the Oil and Gas Law is now under review for approval, but we continue to wait and see.  

Yup. :praying:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Latest scoop, here we go: https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-u-hold-indirect-nuclear-082636831.html

World powers, Iran, U.S. begin indirect talks to revive nuclear deal

ad202b301d9869acd862c1b1d2201e78

FILE PHOTO: Iran's flag pictured in March

Francois Murphy, Parisa Hafezi and John Irish
Tue, April 6, 2021, 4:26 AM

By Francois Murphy, Parisa Hafezi and John Irish

VIENNA (Reuters) - European intermediaries began shuttling between Iranian and U.S. officials in Vienna on Tuesday as they sought to bring both countries back into full compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal that Washington abandoned three years ago.

Iran has steadily overstepped the accord's limits on its nuclear programme in response to Washington's withdrawal from the accord in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the Islamic Republic's economy.

While Tehran has repeatedly rebuffed "direct and indirect negotiations" with its old foe, Washington said on Monday it expected the talks to be difficult. Neither side expected any early breakthrough.

"We are confident that we are on the right track, and if America's will, seriousness and honesty is proven, it could be a good sign for a better future for this agreement," Iranian government spokesman Ali Rabiei told reporters.

The remaining parties to the deal will first meet at a Viennese hotel for preparatory talks amid snowy conditions in the Austrian capital, where the pact was originally reached in 2015.

Officials from Britain, France and Germany, will act as intermediaries between Iran and the United States, shuttling between both delegations. Russia and China, the other parties to the 2015 pact, are also attending.

The U.S. delegation, headed by special envoy Rob Malley, will be based in a nearby hotel.

President Joe Biden's administration wants to revive the accord but has said this requires negotiations. Tehran has dismissed any direct engagement for now in talks with Washington about both sides resuming compliance with the deal.

Under the 2015 accord, U.S. and other economic sanctions on Tehran were removed in return for curbs on Iran’s nuclear programme to make it harder to develop a nuclear weapon - an ambition Tehran denies.

"This is going to involve discussions about identifying the steps that the U.S. has to take and identifying the steps that Iran is going to have to take," Malley told NPR radio on Tuesday morning. "Because they've been increasingly in noncompliance with their nuclear commitments."

DIFFICULTIES

Highlighting the difficulties of getting a breakthrough, Majid Takht-Ravanchi, Iran's envoy to the United Nations and a former nuclear negotiator, put the onus firmly on the United States.

"The US has so far failed to honor @POTUS campaign promise to rejoin the JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action). So this opportunity shouldn't be wasted," he said on Twitter. "If US lifts all sanctions, Iran will then cease all remedial measures."

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has the final say on all state matters, has opposed any gradual easing of sanctions.

An EU official said working groups would be created with the aim of marrying lists of sanctions that the United States could lift and nuclear obligations that Iran should meet.

Diplomats said Tuesday's talks could continue for several days to resolve some of the easier issues before resuming next week. The aim is some form of a deal ahead of June's Iranian presidential election, the official said, although Iranian and U.S. officials have said there is no rush.

The Biden administration has also said it will seek to build a "longer and stronger agreement" that would deal with other issues, including Iran's nuclear programme after the existing deal's existing terms begin to expire, Tehran's development of ballistic missiles, and its support for proxy forces across the Middle East.

It is not clear that Iran would engage in such discussions.

"What we would pursue is, first of all, a longer agreement ... it would be better, as in any arms control agreement, to see whether we could get a follow-on deal that extends the timelines," Malley said, adding that he wanted talks about all other issues.

"But we're much better off talking about all of that if we could at least put the current nuclear issue to the side and not have to worry every day about what the latest Iranian announcement will be," he said.

(Writing by Parisa Hafezi and John Irish; Editing by Stephen Coates and Giles Elgood)

More scoop: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/06/us-and-iran-hold-indirect-talks-over-nuclear-deal

Iran says nuclear deal talks solely about how fast US will lift sanctions

Vienna discussions likely to determine only if there is pathway to settlement, both sides say

The Iranian flag waves in front of the International Atomic Energy Agency headquarters in Vienna  The Iranian flag waves in front of the International Atomic Energy Agency headquarters in Vienna. Photograph: Lisi Niesner/Reuters

More scoop: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/middleeast/iran-nuclear-deal-intl-cmd/index.html

:reading-newspaper:

The moment of truth is here for the Iran nuclear deal

Analysis by Nick Paton Walsh, International Security Editor, CNN

Updated 5:53 AM ET, Tue April 6, 2021

(CNN) It is the moment that all the grunting and yelling has been leading up to.

Few doubted the United States and Iran deep-down preferred diplomacy -- even a new deal -- to escalating tensions, and possibly military confrontation. Now the moment of truth is here, in a Vienna conference room, where the E3+2 of the nuclear deal (UK, France, Germany, Russia and China) and Iran will sit down and talk about what comes next.

Some more scoop: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/world/europe/iran-nuclear-deal.html

Iran and U.S. Agree on Path Back to Nuclear Deal

In indirect talks in Vienna, the U.S. and Iran agreed to try to synchronize Washington’s lifting of sanctions and Iran’s limiting of uranium enrichment.

Diplomats from the European Union, China, Russia and Iran held talks on Tuesday in Vienna.Diplomats from the European Union, China, Russia and Iran held talks on Tuesday in Vienna. Credit...Lars Ternes/Eu Delegation in Vienna, via Getty Images
Published April 6, 2021Updated April 7, 2021, 4:41 a.m. ET

BRUSSELS — The United States and Iran agreed through intermediaries on Tuesday to establish two working groups to try to get both countries back into compliance with the 2015 Iran nuclear deal.

In a meeting of the current members of the deal in Vienna, all parties agreed to establish one working group to focus on how to get the United States back to the deal by lifting harsh economic sanctions imposed or reimposed after President Donald J. Trump pulled out of the accord in May 2018.

The other working group will focus on how to get Iran back into compliance with the accord’s limitations on nuclear enrichment and stockpiles of enriched uranium.

The two groups have already begun their efforts, according to Mikhail Ulyanov, the Russian representative who is ambassador to international organizations in Vienna.

Mr. Ulyanov called Tuesday’s meeting of the joint commission on the Iran deal an initial success.

But in a Twitter message he cautioned that restoration of the deal “will not happen immediately. It will take some time. How long? Nobody knows. The most important thing after today’s meeting of the Joint Commission is that practical work toward achieving this goal has started.”

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

Where's brother Screwball these days?!!  Well, I'll keep posting stuff that'll help give us any insight/sense of how close we're coming near for either Rial/Toman or Dinar to pop!!

Keeping the faith!! :praying:

Do you think between iranian rial, iraq dinar, and vietnam dong, which one is going to pop first? Since iranian rial is cheaper than vietnam dong and vietnam dong is cheaper than iraq dinar.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Do you think between iranian rial, iraq dinar, and vietnam dong, which one is going to pop first? Since iranian rial is cheaper than vietnam dong and vietnam dong is cheaper than iraq dinar.

That's the kicker at least for me from what I've been sharing as a late.  It's been a since neck-in-neck between Rial & Dinar, but the latest exciting events that are happening suddenly, talks between the US, Iran and other would powers are coming back to the JCPOA table.  This is what I am keeping my eye on - would Iraq be "jealous" should everything be said and done if once the sanctions are lifted and Iran's economy reopens back to the world first before they do?  If Iran's currency really does pop before Iraq's, you can definitely bet Dinar will pop immediately after.  They don't wanna' be left out! 😁👍

I don't see anything happening at all regarding the Vietnamese Dong, not even on my radar anymore.  I think there's another thread on that currency, but there's not much news that peaked my interest in the last few years. 

But who knows?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

If Iran's currency really does pop before Iraq's, you can definitely bet Dinar will pop immediately after. 

I don't see anything happening at all regarding the Vietnamese Dong, not even on my radar anymore. 

What if iraq does pop first, do you think iran will pop immediately after? 

Do you think vietnamese dong is the same as south korean won? Because south korean won is cheap, too , but the south korean never intend to revalue their currency since civil war between south korean and north korean until now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

What if iraq does pop first, do you think iran will pop immediately after? 

Do you think vietnamese dong is the same as south korean won? Because south korean won is cheap, too , but the south korean never intend to revalue their currency since civil war between south korean and north korean until now.

If Iraq's Dinar pops first, I don't see why Iran wouldn't pop second just my opinion but as of when for both, who knows?  I have no idea on the other Asian currencies you've mentioned friend - Dong is where my interest had stopped.  2020 was a rough year for me and my family, I had to sell everything and I'm getting back into the groove now only with Dinar and Rial.  👍

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, here's my re-edit, repost - the site timed me out when I was re-thinking my thoughts on the matter lol :lol:

If Iraq's Dinar pops first, I don't see why Iran wouldn't pop second just my opinion but as of when for both, who knows? :shrug:   Iran & the nuclear talks/JCPOA meetings has been a hot topic and they are happening now though it's been a bumpy ride, but I haven't heard much about any Iraqi news other than what's being posted here on DinarVets.  I have yet to hear much outside US talks with Iraq as they have been with Iran as of late.  

I have no idea on the other Asian currencies you've mentioned friend - Dong is where my interest had stopped.  2020 was a rough year for me and my family, I had to sell everything and I'm getting back into the groove only with Dinar and Rial for now.  👍

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

I have no idea on the other Asian currencies you've mentioned friend - Dong is where my interest had stopped.  2020 was a rough year for me and my family, I had to sell everything and I'm getting back into the groove only with Dinar and Rial for now.  👍

2020 was a rough year for me and some people, too. And right now, i only own iqd. And i just hope, If iraq dinar pops first, then i will buy rial and dong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Scoop!! Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/irans-zarif-says-onus-us-revive-nuclear-deal-2021-05-08/

Reuters

May 8, 20216:53 PM EDT

Middle East

Iran's Rouhani upbeat on accord at talks to lift sanctions

2 minute read
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani attends a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of a session of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council In Yerevan, Armenia October 1, 2019. Sputnik/Alexei Druzhinin/Kremlin via REUTERS
Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif looks on during a meeting with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Rafael Grossi in Tehran, Iran February 21, 2021. Majid Asgaripour/WANA (West Asia News Agency) via REUTERS
Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif speaks at the presidential palace in Baabda, Lebanon August 14, 2020. Dalati Nohra/Handout via REUTERS/File Photo/File Photo
1/3

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif looks on during a meeting with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Director General Rafael Grossi in Tehran, Iran February 21, 2021. Majid Asgaripour/WANA (West Asia News Agency) via REUTERS

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday he was optimistic over talks to revive the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers and suggested a deal had been reached to lift the main sanctions on Tehran, state media reported.

Only the details remained to be agreed, Rouhani said, though there was no immediate confirmation from U.S. officials or from the other parties to the accord.

"We've reached a point where the Americans and the Europeans are saying openly they have no choice but to lift sanctions and return to the (nuclear deal), and that almost all main sanctions have been lifted and talks continue on some details," Rouhani was quoted by state media as saying. He did not elaborate.

U.S. officials returned to Vienna this week for a fourth round of indirect talks with Iran on how to resume compliance with the deal, which former U.S. President Donald Trump abandoned in 2018, prompting Iran to begin violating its terms about a year later.

The crux of the agreement was that Iran committed to take steps to rein in its nuclear programme to make it harder to obtain the fissile material for a nuclear weapon in return for relief from U.S., EU and U.N. sanctions.

Tehran denies having nuclear weapons ambitions.

Iran's foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said earlier on Saturday that the United States had an obligation to help revive the nuclear deal, after U.S. President Joe Biden said it was unclear how serious Tehran was about talks on the accord.

Asked if he thought Tehran was serious about talks, Biden replied: "Yes, but how serious, and what they are prepared to do is a different story."

• Thanks 1

Brother Screwball, are you still around?!!  Sister PP?!  Did you hear of these news as of late?!

Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-nuclear-talks-make-progress-will-resume-friday-russia-says-2021-05-01/

4:36 PM EDT

Middle East

Iran negotiator: based on accords so far, U.S. sanctions on oil, banks would be lifted😳😳

Reuters by Francois Murphy
4 minute read
European External Action Service (EEAS) Deputy Secretary General Enrique Mora, Iranian Deputy at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abbas Araghchi and Iran's ambassador to the U.N. nuclear watchdog Kazem Gharibabadi wait for the start of a meeting of the JCPOA Joint Commission in Vienna, Austria May 1, 2021.   EU Delegation in Vienna/Handout via REUTERS
European External Action Service (EEAS) Deputy Secretary General Enrique Mora, Iranian Deputy at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abbas Araghchi and Iran's ambassador to the U.N. nuclear watchdog Kazem Gharibabadi wait for the start of a meeting of the JCPOA Joint Commission in Vienna, Austria May 1, 2021. EU Delegation in Vienna/Handout via REUTERS
Police stand outside a hotel where a meeting of the Joint Commission of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), or Iran nuclear deal, is held in Vienna, Austria, April 20, 2021. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger
1/5

European External Action Service (EEAS) Deputy Secretary General Enrique Mora, Iranian Deputy at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abbas Araghchi and Iran's ambassador to the U.N. nuclear watchdog Kazem Gharibabadi wait for the start of a meeting of the JCPOA Joint Commission in Vienna, Austria May 1, 2021. EU Delegation in Vienna/Handout via REUTERS

Read More

Iran’s chief nuclear negotiator said on Saturday Tehran expects U.S. sanctions on oil, banks and most individuals and institutions to be lifted based on agreements so far in Vienna talks, Iranian media reported, while Washington again played down the prospect of an imminent breakthrough.

Russia and Western European powers meanwhile gave contrasting accounts of the task ahead in the talks to bring Iran and the United States fully back into compliance with a 2015 nuclear deal, as the talks adjourned for six days.

"Sanctions ... on Iran's energy sector, which include oil and gas, or those on the automotive industry, financial, banking and port sanctions, all should be lifted based on agreements reached so far," Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi was quoted as saying by Iranian state media.

Araqchi did not say under which mechanism sanctions would be lifted or refer to how Tehran would meet Washington's demands and return to its commitments under the deal.

"We will negotiate until the two sides' positions come closer and our demands are met," he said. "If they are met there will be an agreement, if not there will naturally be no agreement."

Asked to comment, the U.S. State Department referred back to past statements, including remarks on Friday from the U.S. national security adviser, Jake Sullivan, who said the talks were in “an unclear place.”

"We've seen willingness of all sides, including the Iranians, to talk seriously about sanctions relief restrictions and a pathway back into the JCPOA," Sullivan said, referring to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the nuclear deal's title.

"But it is still uncertain as to whether this will culminate in a deal in Vienna," he said.

The State Department also referred to remarks by State Department spokesman Ned Price on Thursday, when he said the sides were "not on the cusp of any breakthrough" and there was "a potentially long road ahead."

President Joe Biden is seeking to return to the deal that former President Donald Trump withdrew from in 2018. Trump reimposed sanctions against Tehran and Iran responded by breaching many of the deal's limits on its nuclear activities.

Talks began last month in Vienna with the remaining parties to the deal - Iran, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany - meeting in the basement of a luxury hotel, and the United States based in another hotel across the street. Iran has refused to hold direct meetings with U.S. officials.

"We have much work, and little time, left. Against that background, we would have hoped for more progress this week," senior diplomats from the so-called E3 - France, Britain and Germany - said in a statement.

Officials have said they hope to reach a deal by May 21, when an agreement between Tehran and the U.N. nuclear watchdog on continued monitoring of some Iranian nuclear activities is due to expire. [

"We have yet to come to an understanding on the most critical points. Success is by no means guaranteed, but not impossible," they added.

Russia's ambassador to the U.N. nuclear watchdog, Mikhail Ulyanov, told reporters after a meeting of the remaining parties wrapping up the third round of talks that breakthroughs should not be expected in the days to come. He said the talks would reconvene on Friday.

"We need simply to continue diplomatic, day-to-day work, and we have all the reasons to expect that the outcome, (the) final outcome, will be successful and it will come quite soon, in a few weeks," said Ulyanov, one of the more optimistic voices at the talks.

The break in talks was widely expected as diplomats said officials from several countries are also involved in the Group of Seven foreign ministers' meeting in London that begins on Monday and ends on Wednesday.

In his remarks, Araqchi said that "There are individuals and institutions that have been specifically sanctioned and their (the U.S.) list is long. Talks on the list are still ongoing". He added that under what had been agreed so far, more than a majority of the list would have the sanctions lifted.

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biden is proposing a new Capital Gains Tax wildly up at 43%.....Adam is seeking out latest scoop on the HCL, Oil & Gas agreement....and check out in the other thread section by Yota that....

Iran "officially" confirms holding talks with Saudi Arabia in Baghdad

.....things are usually quiet, until suddenly - BOOM!!😳

tenor.gif?itemid=3883807

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Saudi Arabia and Iran, longtime regional rivals, weigh forming closer ties

Watch this clip, though most like an opinion discussion but pay close attention at the start of 6:15 mark where things gets juicy.  I would love to know everyone's thoughts on this after you've seen it.  :twothumbs:

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-arabia-iran-longtime-regional-152625408.html

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1