Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

Just now, pokerplayer said:

ย 

Hello gregp !! thxs to you and everyone for the great articles and posts and for keeping this thread alive

ย 

pp

๐Ÿ˜Š

Hereโ€™s to Dubai!!

Hopefully...๐Ÿ˜‚

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, pokerplayer said:

ย 

fingers crossedย  :)

ย 

pp

ย 

Whiskey will be ready!! Good to see ya back around!!ย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅƒ

ย 

On 7/9/2020 at 8:21 PM, southbeach said:

Amen to Dubai hopefully soon guys

ย 

In a freaking heartbeat!!ย :praying:

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

ย 

Just my humble and sad opinion, I believe it's gonna' be another while longer now due to Covid since Iran is basically cut-off for any medical supplies and supportย until the sanctions are lifted.ย  Who knows what the soon to be Biden administration will be doing once they are in office.ย  Unless we hear of any new movement/negotiationsย on the current sanctions placed, we'll continue to be stuck in the current position we're in.ย  Articles upon articles we tend to see, at the moment I believe it's the world sanctions we need to keep an eye out for.

ย 

More whiskey, will be had indeed.ย  ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿฅƒ

ย 

I hope you allย are well,ย and please continue in staying safe.

ย 

Freedomwish

ย 

ย ย ย 

• Upvote 1

Well damn, alrighty then...

ย 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-lays-road-map-nuclear-191705641.html

ย 

Iran lays out "road map" for nuclear talks with Biden

1c55af57095385accd6846348d87a9ed
ย 
Barak Ravid
Wed, January 20, 2021, 2:17 PM
ย 
ย 

Iran has been accumulating bargaining chips and laying out its strategy for engagement with Joe Biden, who arrives in office promising toย return the U.S. to the 2015 nuclear dealย if Iran returns to compliance.

Why it matters:ย Recent statements from Iran's leaders indicate that they're willing to strike such a deal. But the sides differ over who will have to make the first move, and when.

Get smarter, faster with the news CEOs, entrepreneurs and top politicians read.ย Sign up for Axios Newsletters here.

The big picture:ย Returning to the deal would require Iran to roll back its recent nuclear acceleration and the U.S. to lift sanctions. Biden views that as the baseline from which to negotiate a broader and longer-lasting agreement.

• Secretary of State designate Tony Blinken reiterated that in his confirmation hearing on Tuesday,ย but said the incoming administration wasย "a long way" from returning to the deal.

• Iran's presidential elections in June will loom large over any timeline.

ย 

What's happening:ย Anticipating negotiations, the Iranians have taken or threatened several steps designed to build leverage, most notably by producing 20% enriched uranium in a clear breach of the deal's terms.

• Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf, the speaker of Iran's parliament, said this was done "to produce strength in the area of diplomacy." He added that Europe's immediate engagement on the issue showed the strategy was working.

• Next, Iran informed the International Atomic Energy Agency it intended to start producing uranium metal, which can be used to develop nuclear warheads.

• Perhaps most ominously, the Iranians are threatening to limit inspectors' access to their nuclear facilities at the beginning of February.

Driving the news:ย In a speech on Jan. 8, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei laid out his position, saying Iran doesnโ€™t trust the U.S. and is in no rush.

• But he added that if Biden lives up to America's commitments, Iran will do the same.

In the ensuing days, a series ofย very senior Iranian officials โ€” all members of a committee that oversees the nuclear deal โ€” echoed that message in โ€œinterviewsโ€ published on Khameneiโ€™s official website, in what seemed to be an orchestrated show of unity.

• The officials were: Qalibaf; Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif; Khamenei advisers Ali Larijani and Ali Akbar Velayati; Atomic Energy Organization chief Ali Akbar Salehi; former Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi; and former national security adviser Saeed Jalili.

What they're saying:ย The officials repeatedly referred to a "road map" of steps both sides should take. It begins with the U.S. lifting sanctions.

• The officials said they'd treat an announcement from Biden on returning to the deal as meaningless unless it comes with sanctions relief.

• โ€œIf Mr. Biden signs an executive order, we will sign one too. Whenever he puts it into action, we will put ours into action as well," Zarif said.

• Iran wants sanctions lifted in one comprehensive action and not in a gradual step-by-step process. Larijani, a likely leading presidential candidate, said the U.S. wonโ€™t fool Iran with โ€œa piece of candy."

The highest priorities for Iranย are the lifting of sanctions on oil exports and the Iranian banking system, as well as the unfreezing of Iranian assets abroad.

• โ€œWe should be able to carry out our economic dealings normally and easily โ€” be that imports or exports," Qalibaf said in one of the interviews.

After both sides return to compliance,ย Iran said it is ready for further negotiations on a nuclear deal 2.0.

• As part of these negotiations, Iran will demand compensation for damages it has suffered as a result of Trump's withdrawal.

• Another condition for future negotiations is the cancellation of the snapback mechanism that allows the U.S. or other parties to the deal to quickly renew UN sanctions on Iran.

• According to Zarif, Iran will demand that the U.S. take steps to guarantee that a new administration won't unravel the next deal as Trump did the previous one.

What's next:ย Raz Zimmt, an Iran expert at the Israeli Institute for National Security Studies, says the Iranians won't renegotiate the 2015 deal or return to compliance without sanctions relief.

• But, he said, they could agree to an interim deal in which the U.S. lifts most of the sanctions in return for Iran rolling back most of its nuclear advancements since 2019.

• โ€œIn any case, Khamenei wonโ€™t compromise on the principled positions he laid out because doing that would be like admitting that Trumpโ€™s maximum pressure policy worked," Zimmt said.

• Upvote 1

Reuters Videos

Iran's Rouhani urges Biden to return to nuclear deal

Wed, January 20, 2021, 10:54 AM
ย 
ย 

U.S. President-elect Joe Biden, who takes office on Wednesday, has said the United States will rejoin the pact, which includes restrictions on Iran's nuclear work, if Tehran resumes strict compliance. "Today, the ball is in the court of the United States and Washington to return and fulfill its obligations. Trump's political career has ended, but the JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action) is still alive," Rouhani said in a televised cabinet meeting. "All of his efforts to destroy JCPOA were unsuccessful," said Rouhani. Tensions have grown between Tehran and Washington since 2018, when Trump quit the deal between Iran and six world powers that sought to limit Tehran's nuclear program and to prevent it developing atomic weapons. Washington reimposed sanctions that have badly hit Iran's economy.

Edited by Freedomwish
I need to run back outside for more whiskey?
  • Upvote 1

On 1/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, Freedomwish said:

the Dinar just gotta' RV just as soon before the Iranian Rial/Toman to pop......

Just no way Iraq would let Iran go first to the world before they do.......

I like the way you think. I agree with you that iqd has toย rv first before the iranian rial. So this will give us more time to buy more rial/toman after iqd rv first.

• Upvote 2

I had just mentioned my thoughts on this earlier:ย https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-urges-biden-lift-sanctions-130114741.html

ย 

Reuters

Iran urges Biden to lift sanctions affecting medicines as it fights COVID-19

d6f80b5c8f8b16b3f3f5acb3fd863d0c
FILE PHOTO: Tehran in December following the lifting of a two-week shutdown
ย 
Tue, January 26, 2021, 8:01 AM
ย 
ย 

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran urged U.S. President Joe Biden on Tuesday to lift sanctions which it said were hampering Tehran's fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

Tehran also said it had approved Russia's Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine for domestic use, and that it was trying to buy vaccines from AstraZeneca and other companies.

Sanctions reimposed by former U.S. President Donald Trump formally exempt food, medicine and other humanitarian supplies, but many foreign banks have been deterred from doing business with Iran.

"Since (Biden's) administration claims not to be anti-science like the previous one ..., one expects it to free the transfer of Iran's own foreign exchange resources to fight the coronavirus and for health and food, and lift banking sanctions quickly," government spokesman Ali Rabiei told state television.

ย 

He also threatened that Iran would block short-notice inspections of Iran's nuclear facilities by the United Nations atomic agency if Washington did not lift sanctions.

In 2018, Trump pulled Washington out of Iran's 2015 nuclear pact with world powers aimed at limiting its nuclear programme, and reimposed U.S. sanctions that had been lifted under it.

During a visit to Moscow, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, said on Tuesday that Tehran planned to import and produce the Sputnik V vaccine.

Deputy Health Minister Qassem Janbabaei told state television that "AstraZeneca in Sweden" was among companies from which it was considering buying vaccines from overseas, but made no reference to the Anglo-Swedish company's British ties.

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, Iranโ€™s top authority, has banned the government from importing U.S. and British-made vaccines, which he said were unreliable and may be used to spread the infection to other nations.

President Hassan Rouhani said on Saturday that vaccinations would begin in the coming weeks.

Tehran launched human trials of the first of its three domestic vaccine candidates late last month, saying this could help it defeat the pandemic despite U.S. sanctions that affect its ability to import vaccines.

Iran is also participating in the COVAX scheme that aims to secure fair access to COVID-19 vaccines for poorer countries.

Iran has recorded nearly 1.39 million cases of COVID-19 and 57,560 deaths, according to government data, but there has been a decline in new infections and deaths in recent weeks.

(Reporting by Dubai newsroom, Editing by Timothy Heritage)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting.
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
ย 
  • ย 
  • Upvote 1

Pokerplayer!!ย  Brother Screwball!! ANYONE!!ย ย HOT OFF THE PRESS!!ย  WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?!!ย ย 

ย 

Link:ย https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2021-02-04/irans-president-claims-big-victory-in-bid-to-end-sanctions

ย 

Iran's President Claims Big Victory in Bid to End Sanctions

Iranโ€™s president has applauded a ruling by the International Court of Justice that it can hear Iranโ€™s case against the U.S. seeking to end sanctions, calling it a โ€œbig victoryโ€ for the Islamic Republic.

ย 
Byย Associated Press, Wire Service Contentโ€ƒFeb. 4, 2021, at 6:18 a.m.
U.S. News & World Report

Iran's President Claims Big Victory in Bid to End Sanctions

TEHRAN, IRAN (AP) โ€”ย Iran's president Thursday applauded a ruling by the International Court of Justice that it can hear Iranโ€™s case against the U.S. seeking to end sanctions, calling it a โ€œbig victory" for the Islamic Republic.

ย 

A report by state-run IRNA news agency said President Hassan Rouhani congratulated the nation on its legal โ€œvictory" over the U.S.

ย 
โ€œI congratulate the Iranian people on a very big victory the government achieved yesterday at the Hague, and this is one of several victories that the government has gained against America at the tribunal,โ€ he said in remarks carried by State TV.

ย 

The United Nationsโ€™ highest court ruled Wednesday that it can hear a case brought by Iran against the United States. It seeks to end sanctions the administration of former President Donald Trump re-imposed in 2018 after pulling out of an international deal aimed at curtailing Tehranโ€™s nuclear program.

ย 

Lawyers for the U.S. argued at hearings last year that the case should be thrown out by the court for lack of jurisdiction and admissibility.ย  Iran filed the case in July 2018, a few months after then-President Donald Trump said he was pulling the U.S. out of the 2015 international agreement and would re-impose sanctions on Tehran. Washington also threatened other countries with sanctions if they didn't cut off Iranian oil imports by early November.

Iran alleges the sanctions breach a 1955 bilateral agreement known as the Treaty of Amity that regulates and promotes economic and consular ties between the two countries.

The ruling Wednesday came as President Joe Biden is seeking to enhance diplomacy toward Iran.

ย 

The court based in The Hague, Netherlands had ruled in favor of Iran in a preliminary ruling in October 2018, saying that Washington should โ€œremove, by means of its choosing, any impediments arising fromโ€ the re-imposition of sanctions to the export to Iran of medicine and medical devices, food and agricultural commodities and spare parts and equipment necessary to ensure the safety of civil aviation.

ย 

The U.S. sanctions do have specific carve-outs for medicine and humanitarian aid to Iran. However, international banks and financial institutions hesitate in dealing with Iran transactions for fear of being fined or locked out of the American market.

Copyright 2021 Theย Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ย 

Tags:ย Associated Press

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

Apologies for my excitement, the above article only basically states that it was a bid won into the International Court of Justice giving an opportunity for Iran to plead it's case to lift sanctions, but you all have to admit that things on this topic had suddenly picked up steam like crazy in recent days.ย  I am continuing to keep an eye on this even though I do had some Rial/Toman on the side, but hope this will help us further see how or when the Dinar to RV.

ย 

I CANNOT SEE HOW THE RIAL WILL COME OUT TO THE WORLD FIRST BEFORE THE DINAR, BUT HEY WHO KNOWS RIGHT?ย :praying:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

Pokerplayer!!ย  Brother Screwball!! ANYONE!!ย ย HOT OFF THE PRESS!!ย  WHAT DO YA'LL THINK?!!ย ย 

ย 

Link:ย https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2021-02-04/irans-president-claims-big-victory-in-bid-to-end-sanctions

ย 

Hello @freedomwish I read the article and to be honest it does not tell me that they are any closer to a rate change than before. Just to be sure I went and talked to my neighbor ( The one from Iran ) and asked him about it as well. He basically said the same thing thing. The only thing he said was that by removing the sanctions it would ease the pain of his struggling countrymen. He also said the regime will withhold from areas that are criticizing the current regimen.

They currently lack just about everything essential.

ย 

So to answer your question, in my opinion , we are still in a wait and see pattern.

ย 

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/4/2021 at 9:21 PM, pokerplayer said:

So to answer your question, in my opinion , we are still in a wait and see pattern.

pp

ย 

Hi PP!! Thanks, the recent articles I've posted expresses to me that there's some "noise" happening behind the scenes on talks for the US getting back to the table discussing sanctions, I figured one step-at-a-time type thing.ย  Removing some parts ofย sanctions held for allowing medical support into Iran, I'd say is one of theย first steps....

ย 

I bet my next few glass shots of whiskey after this, major talks to revisit the JCPOA plan will not be that far away.........this is to me, will definitely help us get an idea probably how close the Dinar will RV.ย  It's been a gut feeling in recent times, I can't see how the Rial would pop first before Iraq's Dinar.ย  Granted and yup, still in a wait and see pattern but keep an eye on any talks of revisiting the JCPOA.ย ย ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿบ

ย 

Hope all's good with ya'!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Iran nuclear deal: US agrees to meet Iran, world powers in first step for Biden administration

Hi folks! Well as mentioned before, more talks about revisiting the JCPOA!ย  I'm on my tablet, but hope you guys can view and see the link here:ย https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/18/iran-nuclear-deal-us-agrees-meet-just-days-before-deadline/4498107001/?itm_source=AMP&itm_medium=UpNext

ย 

"No meeting has been set yet, butย EU officials have indicated he would be willing to invite the parties to engage in talks. The nuclear deal, known as the JCPOA, was negotiated by the U.S. with Iran, China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom.ย ย The #JCPOA at a critical moment,"ย Enrique Mora,ย the EU's deputy secretary general, tweeted after Price's statement.ย "I am ready to invite them to an informal meeting to discuss the way forward."

ย 

Chime in ya'll!ย  Brother Screwball, where ya' at buddy?!ย :praying:

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1

More scoop:

ย 

"Biden has moved to re-enter the Iran nuclear deal and take a warmer tone with Tehran"

ย 

Link:ย https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-bidens-move-iran-sanctions-push

ย 

Political views aside, I still can't shake off the feeling guys......still early for anything, but I can't shake off the feeling.ย  ย If there's even an inkling should the sanctions gets lifted and Iran's economy gears to become ready to reopen back to the world, the Dinar to RV must be closer than we think.ย :praying:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1