Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

2 hours ago, navira said:

Hey bro, toman =100,000rials(I used 100,000rials just to illustrate an example) divide it by 100rials will equate to 1000 new tomans...now if the rate comes out at 1 toman equals 2.38 dollars. Multiply 2.38 dollars with 1000 tomans, you get 2,380 dollars. Cheers

Hi Navira,

I'm not understanding this at all.  

I bought 1,000,000 Rial years ago,
How does that become $23,800 as you and msdee agreed upon?

If they delete 4 zeros from the currency, as they say they will do, doesn't 1,000,000 become 100?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Hi Navira,

I'm not understanding this at all.  

I bought 1,000,000 Rial years ago,
How does that become $23,800 as you and msdee agreed upon?

If they delete 4 zeros from the currency, as they say they will do, doesn't 1,000,000 become 100?

Zeroes off the exchange rate not the notes. Same argument dinarians have been having since Allah knows when...

• Thanks 3

Hey Floridian, there was an article not too long ago where they said the deletion of 4 zeroes from the value of the currency...that being 1toman=10rials. 1 rial= .0000238 cents

Notice there are 4 zeroes from the value...That's where they are going to delete the zeroes from...the nominal value of the rate(this is how interpret the article)...I have always emphasized  to concentrate on 1 toman= 10 rials cause this is  where they will base the rate on as far as the gold price in gram...Wikipedia states that new toman will equal 100 rials...now I could play with the numbers n get us back to 1,000,000 rials equal to 238, 000 dollars instead of 23,800 dollars.

• Thanks 2

@navira

I think I get it now, because I found this:

"The new toman will be divided into 100 rials - a tenfold redenomination of the current toman which is divided into 10 rials."

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/07/31/602314/Iran-currency-rial-central-bank-sanctions-US

1,000,000 divided by 100 = 10,000 x $2.38 = $23,800

Oh well, I won't hold my breath.  I'll wait and see what happens.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, navira said:

Hey Floridian, there was an article not too long ago where they said the deletion of 4 zeroes from the value of the currency...that being 1toman=10rials. 1 rial= .0000238 cents

Notice there are 4 zeroes from the value...That's where they are going to delete the zeroes from...the nominal value of the rate(this is how interpret the article)...I have always emphasized  to concentrate on 1 toman= 10 rials cause this is  where they will base the rate on as far as the gold price in gram...Wikipedia states that new toman will equal 100 rials...now I could play with the numbers n get us back to 1,000,000 rials equal to 238, 000 dollars instead of 23,800 dollars.

Thanks Navira, and also @miguel.

Did we get the same answer by figuring it out 2 different ways?  Hmmmmm.

Well, if this turns out to be right, that would be quite an unexpected gift, indeed.  :praying:

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Thanks Navira, and also @miguel.

Did we get the same answer by figuring it out 2 different ways?  Hmmmmm.

Well, if this turns out to be right, that would be quite an unexpected gift, indeed.  :praying:

If we go the other way, people would lose money...plus they will deal with the fees on top of it. Poor people will skyrocket in iran...read what Pps neighbor said...Iranians will probably revolt n overthrow the govt.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, navira said:

If we go the other way, people would lose money...plus they will deal with the fees on top of it. Poor people will skyrocket in iran...read what Pps neighbor said...Iranians will probably revolt n overthrow the govt.

Thanks Navira, I sure hope you're right.

I guess we'll know soon, right?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Floridian said:

@navira

"The new toman will be divided into 100 rials - a tenfold redenomination of the current toman which is divided into 10 rials."

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/07/31/602314/Iran-currency-rial-central-bank-sanctions-US

Now, remember I could play with the number...note that rate is an old rate when 1toman is equal to 10rials...so multiply that rate by 10 u will get a rate of 23.8 dollars to a new toman....and the rial will have a rate of 2.38dollars per rial which in turn, U will have 238,000 dollars for ur 1mill rials...anyhow, let's wait n see, haha

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, navira said:

Now, remember I could play with the number...note that rate is an old rate when 1toman is equal to 10rials...so multiply that rate by 10 u will get a rate of 23.8 dollars to a new toman....and the rial will have a rate of 2.38dollars per rial which in turn, U will have 238,000 dollars for ur 1mill rials...anyhow, let's wait n see, haha

WOW!  wouldn't that be something?

We'll know soon, hopefully.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Arceo said:

Man all the way to Dubai..Anything closer? you in the US? lets roll together haha 

Anything popped over $500K, won't stop me from jetting out lol ✈️:cheesehead:

7 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

Don't sell Dubai short.........  Its an awesome place ! Been there about 20 times myself. 

pp

Looking forward to it!! :cheesehead:

7 hours ago, screwball said:

I will fly to Dubai within a heart beat! And if I can’t cash out there I will head to Bahrain, Oman and even the island of kish!

I posted an article waaaaay back when regarding if we hit a bump cashing out in Dubai, the Island of Kish would be next on the itinerary!!  Yup!!:cheesehead: 

7 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

You and me both SB !! I survived Iraq so I'm sure I can survive bad airline food going to cash out !!

pp

I'll be meeting you guys any damn where, because I'll be THEREEEEEEE :rocking-chair::lol::cheesehead:

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

@navira

I'll be ready with a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle on hand when you are, bruh lol :drunk:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Freedomwish said:

I found it...going back since June 2016.....jeesh, I need another drink....I didn't realize it was that far back lol :facepalm::drunk:

It ain't over until I'm sober!!  MAYBEE!! HA!:lol::rocking-chair:

Link: 

Yes mate it was a long time ago...I spent all night going through every post...man exhausted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1