Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

12 minutes ago, screwball said:

150% currency adjusted return...opinion piece 

I love all of this "supporting evidence" for a serious currency appreciation, but are we not at a different stage in 2019? With the renewed US sanctions and higher inflation rate at about 50%, these older articles don't really apply, do they? Appreciate anyone's insights and I'd love to be wrong btw!

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2016 at 3:45 PM, screwball said:

He said the differential between the official rate of the rial and the market rate is now 14% and predicted it would shrink further. A “big bulk of goods which were purchased using the official rate are now being traded using the market rate,” Tayebnia said. “In the course of the next two months, the share of the official exchange rate [in trading goods] will be zero. We are very smoothly and gradually doing that reunification without having lots of rhetoric and propaganda about it.”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2016/10/iran-finance-minister-resilient-economy-sanctions-investment.html#ixzz4MedLyKjP

No fanfare...

• Upvote 1

It is planned to remove zeros off currency and make the rial value real," Iran's government website quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. "The value of rial, under the law, is calculated on the basis of the price of gold. For some reason, the rial has been devaluated and we have to return its value to the one existing in the law."......

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, miquel said:

I love all of this "supporting evidence" for a serious currency appreciation, but are we not at a different stage in 2019? With the renewed US sanctions and higher inflation rate at about 50%, these older articles don't really apply, do they? Appreciate anyone's insights and I'd love to be wrong btw!

We are a totally different stage, the issues have been banks support the republican guard who have been fining hezbollah, this supply loop or chain has been cut and the two banks with ties to Military are splitting as per TRUMPS pressure, they have to rejoin the international monetary system, another one of trumps stipulations and stop their quest for nuclear weapons..I believe we are close than we have ever been do I think it will happen this week, not sure. What we do know is they what exchange rate unification, single rate, return to its former real value as per law which puts it at around four grams of gold, we know 1932 rate was 2.605..we also know that they were part of currency basket and string trading country for Britain...we know they are launching their own currency forex market and what it to be a managed float. They over 700 billion in untapped mineral reserves possibly over a trillion, we know they have oil, we know they have huge forex reserves and gold reserves I know inflation has been as low as 8.8% only two years ago,  and gdp 4%.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, miquel said:

What you need to remember is inflation is a result of their currency being so devalued...he control the currency rate? Iran,,,they have been accused of manipulating exchange rates and devaluing currency for years. Inflation was 8%! Only several years ago...Iraq’s has two sets of books, whose nit to say Iran doesn’t? 

• Upvote 2

Central Bank of Iran Insists on Export Revenue Repatriation in Foreign Currency

Governor of the Central Bank of Iran says the government is opposed to the repatriation of export earnings in rial as it would weaken the economy.

“It does not make sense to repatriate earnings in rial. When you export to a country, the earnings should return in the national currency of the importing country,” or any other major currency, he told state TV on Friday.

“When export earnings are returned in rial, it is akin to bleeding of the country, which gradually weakens the economy”. 

As far as the government is concerned, export in rial is tantamount to capital flight. Hemmati argued that returning export earnings in rial means goods manufactured in the country and the added value flows out of the country. 

Exporters to some neighboring countries especially Iraq and Afghanistan have always complained that their bills are paid by the importing companies in rial rather than foreign currency (not even in afghani or dinar) and therefore they should be exempt from currency repatriation rules. 

• Upvote 1

Tehran Market: Gold Shines as Bubbles Deflate

Traditionally influenced by domestic currency rates, Iran’s gold market has moved away and taken a different route since the past week amid soaring prices in global markets. 

Despite the bearish trend in the forex market, the yellow metal behaved differently in Tehran on Tuesday, following in the footsteps of the international market.   

Each Imami gold coin sold for 42.3 million rials, up 800,000 rials compared to the previous trading session on Sunday. Benchmark Bahar Azadi was sold for 41 million rials, inquiries by the Financial Tribune show. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, navira said:

Hey bro, toman =100,000rials(I used 100,000rials just to illustrate an example) divide it by 100rials will equate to 1000 new tomans...now if the rate comes out at 1 toman equals 2.38 dollars. Multiply 2.38 dollars with 1000 tomans, you get 2,380 dollars. Cheers

I got ya.. damn wish the US would do this exchange..now to figure out where right? or we still waiting on it to be official #s?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arceo said:

I got ya.. damn wish the US would do this exchange..now to figure out where right? or we still waiting on it to be official #s?

Yes bro...there are 100 plus exchangers as reported...don't know what those exchangers are...one of them was on that article I posted previously...also Dubai is one

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, navira said:

Yes bro...there are 100 plus exchangers as reported...don't know what those exchangers are...one of them was on that article I posted previously...also Dubai is one

Man all the way to Dubai..Anything closer? you in the US? lets roll together haha 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, navira said:

Hey bro, toman =100,000rials(I used 100,000rials just to illustrate an example) divide it by 100rials will equate to 1000 new tomans...now if the rate comes out at 1 toman equals 2.38 dollars. Multiply 2.38 dollars with 1000 tomans, you get 2,380 dollars. Cheers

That’s still a big win! 

• Thanks 1