Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

7 hours ago, screwball said:

Yes not sure how they bypassed the "start and end" in usd policy

5 hours ago, gregp said:

I think they have less restrictions than we think.

Indeed, indeed.......this is the most of all concerns regarding if any restrictions that would still be placed within these next couple of days........and above all concerns, is that we hope we get to celebrate if this thing does pop off big time.  

Keeping the faith!!   :praying:

Whiskey will be ready!! :cheesehead:

• Upvote 2

New Year, time for creating more jobs for young people: Iran president

Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:29PM
  1. Home
  2. Iran
  3. Politics

PressTv User

Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani says the new Iranian year is a time to create new jobs for the country’s youths, adding that what the country achieved in the past year in terms of curbing inflation and creating jobs has been unprecedented in the past 25 years. 

“The new year will be the year of progress and development for our dear nation. The new year will be the year of more employment [opportunities] for our youths,” Rouhani said in a televised address to the Iranian nation on Monday on the occasion of the Iranian New Year.

“We need to carry out more efforts to compensate for the shortcomings,” he added.

“What we achieved in the last year in terms of curbing inflation, economic growth and job creation, has had no precedent in the past 25 years,” the Iranian president said.

During the preceding year, the country achieved an economic growth rate of eight percent for the first time after 11 years, he noted.

Rouhani also commended efforts by the country’s oil and gas industry in doubling the production of crude oil and condensate last year.

“Through oil diplomacy and because of efforts made by engineers and workers we managed to reclaim our past position in the production of oil and gas and condensate,” the Iranian chief executive said.

He also referred to the unveiling of a charter of citizenship rights last year, saying, “The charter of citizenship rights was unveiled last year as promised. Today, we will implement that charter with the help of you people.”

The Iranian president warned that “everybody must know that if they violate the citizenship rights, they will pay a very high price.”

He noted that Iranians must take part in two important elections this year, noting that ensuring people’s maximum turnout in those elections as well as holding “healthy competitions and constitutional elections” must be everybody’s goal.

Earlier on Monday, in his televised message to the nation on the occasion of the Persian New Year, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei stressed the importance of domestic production and employment, especially for the Iranian youths.

“These are the main and key sectors. If we manage to focus on these two sectors and plan and categorize our affairs on this basis, I believe that the task will move forward to a great extent and impressive and tangible achievements will be made,” the Leader said.

The Leader designated the new Iranian calendar year of 1396 as the “Year of Economy of Resistance: Production and Employment."

Read more: 

Iran FM hopes for peace and joy

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also expressed his congratulations to all Iranians across the globe on the advent of Nowruz.

Leader designates 1396 'Year of Production & Employment' 

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:6AM
  1. Home
  2. Iran
  3. Politics

PressTv User

Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei says “the enemies across the world acknowledged the power and greatness of the people of Iran” in the year that the country put behind.

In his televised message to the nation on the occasion of the Persian New Year on Monday, the Leader cited Iran’s security “in this turbulent regional and international environment” as “a very important and great factor.”

Ayatollah Khamenei designated the new Iranian calendar year of 1396 as the “Year of Economy of Resistance: Production and Employment."

The following is the full text of the message:

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

O Conqueror of hearts and sight

O Planner of night and day

O Transformer of power and circumstances

Change our condition to the best of conditions!

Allah, send Your greetings to Fatima, to her father, her husband and her children

I would like to congratulate all you dear compatriots on the auspicious birthday anniversary of Hazrat Fatima Zahra – Siddiqat al-Kubra (God’s greetings be upon her) – and on the Eid of Nowruz. I wish a happy Eid for you dear compatriots, for the great people of Iran, for the dear youth and for people from various social backgrounds. In particular, I would like to congratulate the dear families of the martyrs, the disabled war veterans and also all those nations which are familiar with the Nowruz Eid and which celebrate it.

I thank Allah the Exalted for giving me the opportunity to once more congratulate you dear people of Iran on the Eid of Nowruz. I hope that a very good, auspicious and blessed year – accompanied by security and welfare – will be waiting for the people of Iran and that by Allah’s favor, the year 1396 will be a happy year for all the people of Iran and for Muslims throughout the world.

I hope that during the year that has just begun at this moment, all Iranian families and all dear Iranians will benefit from divine kindness, mercy and blessings.

If we want to evaluate the year that has passed – the year 1395 – it included happy and sad events, bitter and sweet events, just like all other years. What I mean is bitter and sweet events as they relate to the people, not personal matters.

We had sweet events in the previous year. We experienced sweet events related to national dignity, national security, youthful determination among the people of Iran and all-inclusive religious moves all over the country. We also experienced bitter events which were mainly related to economic and social matters. I will expand on this later on.

The dignity of Iran and our dear people was visible throughout the year 1395. It was visible from the beginning to the end of the year. Our enemies across the world acknowledged the power and greatness of the people of Iran. The identity of the people of Iran showed itself during all the various events that took place in this year.

With one disrespectful act committed by the American president against the Islamic Republic of Iran, the people responded on the 22nd of Bahman in an enthusiastic, passionate and courageous manner. On Quds Day too, in the auspicious month of Ramadan, the great gathering of the people showed the identity and the goals of this country to all the people around the world.

The security of the country in this turbulent regional and international environment was a very important and great factor for the people of Iran. Today, our neighboring countries – countries located to the east, southeast and northwest of our country – are suffering from insecurity. The region is suffering from insecurity, but the people of Iran thankfully experienced enduring security throughout the year.

My reference to “youthful determination” originates from witnessing and being aware of the activities of thousands of young groups throughout the country. These youth are busy attending to their enthusiastic activities in the fields of science, culture, sports and production. They are presenting new achievements and innovations and they are providing provisions for the future of the country.

And when I referred to “religious moves”, I meant the enthusiastic, warm and attractive religious meetings that existed throughout the year. These meetings were attended on the subject of the Imams (greetings be upon them), important religious matters, itikaf, various prayers, the month of Ramadan, the Arbaeen rally, important occasions related to Ashura and the ten-day Muharram events. These were the positive and happy points for our country and our people.

And the bitter and difficult events were mostly related to the people’s economic and livelihood problems. The middle and lower classes of society were suffering from these problems and they continue to do so in the present time. Because I am aware of the people’s condition, I feel bitterness with all my heart. I feel the bitterness that the people – particularly lower and underprivileged classes – experience. And this bitterness is related to economic matters and problems such as high prices, unemployment and social detriments – for example, discrimination and inequality - which mainly originate from economic matters.

Well, all of us are responsible. We will have to answer both to Allah the Exalted and to the people. In the year of Action and Implementation – the year 1395 – I asked the honorable officials to establish a command center for action and implementation and they did so. Good tasks were fortunately carried out which was reported to us. However, there is a large gap between what has been carried out, and what the people and what we expect.

I will explain in my speech [annual speech in Mashhad] that some of the standards and statistics presented by officials are positive figures and some – which are presented by officials themselves – are negative. All these things should be seen together.

The economy of resistance is a system. If this system receives attention only under the name of the economy of resistance, it might prove to be not very efficient. In my opinion, the cure lies in dividing this system into important sectors and then specifying a timetable for each key and important sector. We should ask officials, prominent personalities and the masses of the people to focus all their effort on those key sectors.

In my opinion, the cure lies in identifying this key sector correctly this year. I believe that this key sector is production – domestic production – and employment, mainly of our youth. These are the main and key sectors. If we manage to focus on these two sectors and plan and categorize our affairs on this basis, I believe that the task will move forward to a great extent and impressive and tangible achievements will be made.

By Allah’s favor, I will explain in the speech the characteristics that are related to these two key and fundamental sectors. That is why, the name that I choose for this year is, “Economy of Resistance: Production and Employment”.

The economy of resistance is a general term which is accompanied by production and employment. These are the sectors that everyone should focus on. I and the people demand that the dear and honorable officials focus on these two sectors, carry out tasks with planning, and report the results to the people at the end of the year, God willing.

I hope that all will enjoy and experience a happy and joyful year – one that will be accompanied by security and welfare – in the shade of the blessings of the Imam of the Age (may our souls be sacrificed for him) and with the prayers of the pure souls of our martyrs and our magnanimous Imam (r.a.).

Greetings be upon you and Allah’s mercy and blessings

Iran’s carpet exports to US at $80mn

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:21AM
  1. Home
  2. Iran
  3. Economy
Iran says it has exported $80 million worth of carpets to the United States over a period of 11 months starting 21 March 2016.
Iran says it has exported $80 million worth of carpets to the United States over a period of 11 months starting 21 March 2016. 

Iran says it has exported $80 million worth of carpets to the United States over a period of 11 months starting March 21, 2016.  

Hamid Karegar, the president of Iran National Carpet Center, told local media that the exports had been mainly carried out directly from Iran to the US.

The boost, he emphasized, came after a multi-year halt in exports to the United States that followed a ban devised by the previous US administration in 2010. 

Karegar told Iran’s IRNA news agency that the doors for exports of Iran’s carpets to the US market literally opened after the removal of sanctions against the Islamic Republic in January 2016. 

“It was a month later that the first consignment of carpets – that had been barred from the US from 2010 – was sent to Los Angeles from Hamburg,” he said. 

“Ever since, there has been a surge in exports of Iranian carpets to the US.” 

Karegar told IRNA that Iran’s total exports of carpets over the past 11 months stood at above 5,200 tons in weight and around $320 million in value. 

He said the exports indicated a growth of 16 percent in weight as well as an increase of 27 percent in value compared to the same period last year. 

Before the intensification of US-led sanctions against Iran in 2011, the country exported more than $600 million worth of carpets – mostly to the US - and had serious plans to raise it to $1 billion in the next year.

In the US, Iranian carpets are offered from $5,000 to $200,000 a piece depending on the type of the fabric, design and intricacy employed in their making.

(5893058) | Date: 20/03/2017 | Time: 21:16|

President Rouhani: Government on right path

Tehran, March 20, IRNA – The path taken by the government is the right one and we remain to be proud of it, says President Hassan Rouhani.

82470111-71494319.jpg

“We should stand against problems and together try to address them step by step.” President Rouhani said on Monday during an unveiling ceremony for 60 new medicines developed by Iranian scientists.

We should believe that problems are not going to be solved overnight, he said.

President Rouhani, referring to his government’s economic achievements, said that for years we were expecting to achieve a single-digit inflation rate.

“Now with an inflation rate of 6.8 percent announced for the last month of the outgoing Iranian calendar year, it seems that the path taken by the government has been the right one,” he said.

Referring to the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), President Rouhani also said that in the absence of such a deal, and a with a rising inflation rate, the situation of the country could have been quite dubious. 

He called on everybody to help realize the motto of the year set by Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.  

“In the year of [Economy of Resistance, Production and] employment, we should work together and be aware of the fact that problems are not going to be solved in short-term,” he said.

“Iran is a big nation and its human and academic resources are a source of pride,” he added.  

Ayatollah Khamenei has named the New Iranian Year, 1396, as the year of 'Economy of Resistance, Production and Employment'.  

• Upvote 1

New Year, year of Economy of Resistance, Production, Employment (UPDATED)

Tehran, March 20, IRNA - Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei named the New Iranian Year, 1396, as the year of 'Economy of Resistance, Production and Employment'.

82469874-71494344.jpg

Ayatollah Khamenei made the announcement in a televised message on the occasion of Norouz, which marks the beginning of the New Iranian Year.

The full text of his message follows:

the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

O Conqueror of hearts and sight

O Planner of night and day

O Transformer of power and circumstances

Change our condition to the best of conditions!

Allah, send Your greetings to Fatima, to her father, her husband and her children

I would like to congratulate all you dear compatriots on the auspicious birthday anniversary of Hazrat Fatima Zahra – Siddiqat al-Kubra (God’s greetings be upon her) – and on the Eid of Nowruz. I wish a happy Eid for you dear compatriots, for the great people of Iran, for the dear youth and for people from various social backgrounds. In particular, I would like to congratulate the dear families of the martyrs, the disabled war veterans and also all those nations which are familiar with the Nowruz Eid and which celebrate it.

I thank Allah the Exalted for giving me the opportunity to once more congratulate you dear people of Iran on the Eid of Nowruz. I hope that a very good, auspicious and blessed year – accompanied by security and welfare – will be waiting for the people of Iran and that by Allah’s favor, the year 1396 will be a happy year for all the people of Iran and for Muslims throughout the world.

I hope that during the year that has just begun at this moment, all Iranian families and all dear Iranians will benefit from divine kindness, mercy and blessings.

If we want to evaluate the year that has passed – the year 1395 – it included happy and sad events, bitter and sweet events, just like all other years. What I mean is bitter and sweet events as they relate to the people, not personal matters.

We had sweet events in the previous year. We experienced sweet events related to national dignity, national security, youthful determination among the people of Iran and all-inclusive religious moves all over the country. We also experienced bitter events which were mainly related to economic and social matters. I will expand on this later on.

The dignity of Iran and our dear people was visible throughout the year 1395. It was visible from the beginning to the end of the year. Our enemies across the world acknowledged the power and greatness of the people of Iran. The identity of the people of Iran showed itself during all the various events that took place in this year.

With one disrespectful act committed by the American president against the Islamic Republic of Iran, the people responded on the 22nd of Bahman in an enthusiastic, passionate and courageous manner. On Quds Day too, in the auspicious month of Ramadan, the great gathering of the people showed the identity and the goals of this country to all the people around the world.

The security of the country in this turbulent regional and international environment was a very important and great factor for the people of Iran. Today, our neighboring countries – countries located to the east, southeast and northwest of our country – are suffering from insecurity. The region is suffering from insecurity, but the people of Iran thankfully experienced enduring security throughout the year.

My reference to “youthful determination” originates from witnessing and being aware of the activities of thousands of young groups throughout the country. These youth are busy attending to their enthusiastic activities in the fields of science, culture, sports and production. They are presenting new achievements and innovations and they are providing provisions for the future of the country.

And when I referred to “religious moves”, I meant the enthusiastic, warm and attractive religious meetings that existed throughout the year. These meetings were attended on the subject of the Imams (greetings be upon them), important religious matters, itikaf, various prayers, the month of Ramadan, the Arbaeen rally, important occasions related to Ashura and the ten-day Muharram events. These were the positive and happy points for our country and our people.

And the bitter and difficult events were mostly related to the people’s economic and livelihood problems. The middle and lower classes of society were suffering from these problems and they continue to do so in the present time. Because I am aware of the people’s condition, I feel bitterness with all my heart. I feel the bitterness that the people – particularly lower and underprivileged classes – experience. And this bitterness is related to economic matters and problems such as high prices, unemployment and social detriments – for example, discrimination and inequality - which mainly originate from economic matters.

Well, all of us are responsible. We will have to answer both to Allah the Exalted and to the people. In the year of action and implementation – the year 1395 – I asked the honorable officials to establish a command center for action and implementation and they did so. Good tasks were fortunately carried out which was reported to us. However, there is a large gap between what has been carried out, and what the people and what we expect.

I will explain in my speech [annual speech in Mashhad] that some of the standards and statistics presented by officials are positive figures and some – which are presented by officials themselves – are negative. All these things should be seen together.

The economy of resistance is a system. If this system receives attention only under the name of the economy of resistance, it might prove to be not very efficient. In my opinion, the cure lies in dividing this system into important sectors and then specifying a timetable for each key and important sector. We should ask officials, prominent personalities and the masses of the people to focus all their effort on those key sectors.

In my opinion, the cure lies in identifying this key sector correctly this year. I believe that this key sector is production – domestic production – and employment, mainly of our youth. These are the main and key sectors. If we manage to focus on these two sectors and plan and categorize our affairs on this basis, I believe that the task will move forward to a great extent and impressive and tangible achievements will be made.

By Allah’s favor, I will explain in the speech the characteristics that are related to these two key and fundamental sectors. That is why, the name that I choose for this year is, “Economy of Resistance: Production and Employment”. 

The economy of resistance is a general term which is accompanied by production and employment. These are the sectors that everyone should focus on. I and the people demand that the dear and honorable officials focus on these two sectors, carry out tasks with planning, and report the results to the people at the end of the year, God willing.

I hope that all will enjoy and experience a happy and joyful year – one that will be accompanied by security and welfare – in the shade of the blessings of the Imam of the Age (may our souls be sacrificed for him) and with the prayers of the pure souls of our martyrs and our magnanimous Imam (r.a.).

Greetings be upon you and Allah’s mercy and blessings

Contact Editor-in-chief: mail32.png newsroom@irna.ir 

banner-english.png

Now this is interesting..

News ID:189640
Publish Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:10:49 GMT
Service: Iran

Iran’s third Airbus delivery postponed

An informed resource said, most probably, banking issues have caused a delay in delivery of the third Airbus aircraft to Iran Air.

As quoted by IRIB from Paris, the informed resource said Iran’s third purchased aircraft from Airbus Airbus Aerospace company was not delivered according to the schedule mainly due to banking restrictions rather than technical issues.

An A330 aero plane was scheduled to be handed over to Iran Air, the Iranian national flag carrier, prior to beginning of the new Persian calendar year Nowruz though the process has been postponed to following days.

“Banking restrictions rather than technical issues have most probably caused the delay in the delivery process,” he underlined.

In a lucrative deal, Iran Air (Homa) has purchased 100 Airbus aircraft though only two airplanes have been so far delivered to the Iranian airline.

S.Korean, Turkish firms team up to build 5GW of power plants in Iran

March 18, 2017

2319559.jpg?ts=1486462047399

South Korea’s SK Engineering & Construction (SK E&C) has teamed up with a Turkish firm for a multi-billion-dollar project to build and operate new power plants in Iran with a combined generation capacity of 5,000 megawatts, the South Korean firm said Saturday.

Officials from the South Korean builder said the company has successfully purchased a 30 percent stake in UNIT International S.A., Turkey's energy giant, one day after the two companies signed the deal in Istanbul.

Under the deal, the South Korean firm will join the Turkish firm's ongoing project to build and operate five new gas-fired power plants in Iran, said to be worth $4.2 billion in total.

SK E&C will likely be in charge of building the five new power stations, company officials noted.

The power stations are set to have a combined generation capacity of 5,000 megawatts, making them Iran's largest privately developed power plants, they added.

• Upvote 1

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

ایرباس321
News ID: 3936371 - Mon 20 March 2017 - 15:26
TEHRAN, Mar. 20 (MNA) – An informed resource said, most probably, banking issues have caused a delay in delivery of the third Airbus aircraft to Iran Air.

As quoted by IRIB from Paris, the informed resource said Iran’s third purchased aircraft from Airbus Airbus Aerospace company was not delivered according to the schedule mainly due to banking restrictions rather than technical issues.

An A330 aero plane was scheduled to be handed over to Iran Air, the Iranian national flag carrier, prior to beginning of the new Persian calendar year Nowruz though the process has been postponed to following days.

“Banking restrictions rather than technical issues have most probably caused the delay in the delivery process,” he underlined.

In a lucrative deal, Iran Air (Homa) has purchased 100 Airbus aircraft though only two airplanes have been so far delivered to the Iranian airline.

Just now, screwball said:

Rather than? Techinical issues? Did they just tell us that technical,issues was the cause for delay? Probably? It either did or it didn't?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, screwball said:

Rather than? Techinical issues? Did they just tell us that technical,issues was the cause for delay? Probably? It either did or it didn't?

I don't know how the rest of the folks are feeling here monitoring this thread but, THE SUSPENSE HAPPENING HERE HAS ME ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT AND WILL HAVE ME AT THE EDGE OF THE BAR LATER TONIGHT!! :rocking-chair::praying::drunk:

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, screwball said:

I am in Australia so I am up all day and will be posting news for the next 14-15 hours at most

SB,  We at DV truly appreciate all of the super articles in regards to the "Super Subject"  We are all ready for the "Big Announcement" to hit dead center on the target.

• Upvote 3

58) | Date: 20/03/2017 | Time: 21:16|

President Rouhani: Government on right path

Tehran, March 20, IRNA – The path taken by the government is the right one and we remain to be proud of it, says President Hassan Rouhani.

82470111-71494319.jpg

“We should stand against problems and together try to address them step by step.” President Rouhani said on Monday during an unveiling ceremony for 60 new medicines developed by Iranian scientists.

We should believe that problems are not going to be solved overnight, he said.

President Rouhani, referring to his government’s economic achievements, said that for years we were expecting to achieve a single-digit inflation rate.

“Now with an inflation rate of 6.8 percent announced for the last month of the outgoing Iranian calendar year, it seems that the path taken by the government has been the right one,” he said.

Referring to the nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), President Rouhani also said that in the absence of such a deal, and a with a rising inflation rate, the situation of the country could have been quite dubious. 

He called on everybody to help realize the motto of the year set by Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.  

“In the year of [Economy of Resistance, Production and] employment, we should work together and be aware of the fact that problems are not going to be solved in short-term,” he said.

“Iran is a big nation and its human and academic resources are a source of pride,” he added.  

Ayatollah Khamenei has named the New Iranian Year, 1396, as the year of 'Economy of Resistance, Production and Employment'.

FM: Iran prepared to return to pre-JCPOA situation

Isfahan, March 20, IRNA – Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Monday that Iran is completely prepared to return to the situation it had before signing of the landmark nuclear deal should the US continues its lack of commitment to the deal.

82470150-71494387.jpg

'If US creates a situation that continuation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) would damage Tehran’s national interest, then Iran is completely ready to come back to the situation it had prior to the JCPOA even more powerful than before,” Zarif told reporters in this ancient provincial capital city in central Iran.

The foreign minister travelled to Isfahan on an unofficial visit on Monday to visit its family members and relatives on the occasion of Norouz, which marks the beginning of the Iranian New Year, 1396.

“As it was said by the Supreme Leader (of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei), Iran is committed to the promises it has made and is not to break them.

“During the past couple of months, with the efforts made by the skilled Iranian scientists and experts, we have succeeded to make operational the most advanced centrifuges that were just an idea at the time of approving the JCPOA,” he stressed.

Zarif reiterated that despite several cases of the US lack of commitments to the landmark nuclear deal, “pursuing the JCPOA is still justifiable for Iran.”

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, screwball said:

I am in Australia so I am up all day and will be posting news for the next 14-15 hours at most

It's only Monday, I'll go easy during happy hour to remain calm and grounded tonight should nothing happens....if brother Screwball posts up something of a miracle, you best believe all of us will be going bat $#!+ nuts in this thread! :cheesehead::lmao::rocking-chair::backflip: Keeping the faith!! :praying:

Edited by Freedomwish
  • Upvote 4