Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

1 hour ago, tigergorzow said:

SB Thanks,  You are totally correct so we await what currency Iraq will use to pay their BILL since Iran will no longer take $$$$$$$ per their statement in one of the article you posted....:D

GO RIAL

GO RV / RI IQD

It's refreshing to see that you can build the links between what's posted and what's being said...

• Upvote 1

President Hassan Rouhani said his administration has taken “very positive” steps to realize Resistance Economy’s goals, stressing that efforts should be continued until the objectives are fully accomplished.

Resistance Economy is a set of principles aimed at boosting domestic production and productivity, and curbing oil dependence, to make the country immune to economic wars waged by foreign powers.

The concept was first raised by the Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei in 2011, amid the tightening of economic sanctions against Tehran by the US and its allies over unproven allegations that Tehran intends to build nuclear weapons.

Speaking to reporters on Wednesday after the last Cabinet meeting in the current Iranian year (ending March 20), the president said the government has managed to greatly develop the country’s economic and production infrastructure, President.ir reported.

“Decreasing dependence on oil revenues and relying more on tax incomes in the current year’s budget, producing foreign trade surplus, boosting economic growth, retaking Iran’s previous position among oil exporters, broadening banking connections and solving problems in transportation field” were among measures Rouhani said were taken in line with Resistance Economy.

On Thursday, the Leader called for ceaseless efforts to make the effects of Resistance Economy tangible for people, describing it as “the sole way of solving the country’s problems”.

Speaking in a meeting with members of the Assembly of Experts, the Leader acknowledged that remarkable steps have been taken by government officials to promote the principles of Resistance Economy, but said they are only a part of necessary steps.

“If all necessary steps with regard to Resistance Economy had been taken, today we would have observed a tangible difference in the country’s economic conditions and people’s lives,” he said.

Rouhani will be a candidate in May 19 presidential polls, seeking to extend his first term and reach the limit of eight years of consecutive presidency.

1 minute ago, screwball said:

efforts should be continued until the objectives are fully accomplished.

the Leader called for ceaseless efforts to make the effects of Resistance Economy tangible for people, describing it as “the sole way of solving the country’s problems”.

the Leader acknowledged that remarkable steps have been taken by government officials to promote the principles of Resistance Economy, but said they are only a part of necessary steps.

2 minutes ago, screwball said:

If all necessary steps with regard to Resistance Economy had been taken, today we would have observed a tangible difference in the country’s economic conditions and people’s lives,”

5 hours ago, screwball said:

We know Parliament votes on important legislation on Sunday and news doesn't filter out til Monday night which puts us on the eve of march 21st so lets hope the bill deleting zeros which we know has been presented to the majlis gets voted on this weekend!

:praying::praying::praying:

Talked with my banker buddy here in town to see if she was given even an Inkling of anything possible in the works. Nope :( She said that if or even if ever any country changes rates in a dramatic manner then we would all find out at the same time probably and for the banks to institute changes would take more or less 2 days.

She did tell me that should any country ( would not say USA ) put restrictions on citizens with regards to exchanging currency it is not an instantaneous thing. There is many items that need to be addressed. Its not what the sanctions country request but they need to meet the regulations of the host country and everyone is different in their requirements.

Great and enlightening conversation which told me that my USA friends will have some wiggle room before and " IF " currency restrictions if ever are put in place.

pp

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Talked with my banker buddy here in town to see if she was given even an Inkling of anything possible in the works. Nope :( She said that if or even if ever any country changes rates in a dramatic manner then we would all find out at the same time probably and for the banks to institute changes would take more or less 2 days.

She did tell me that should any country ( would not say USA ) put restrictions on citizens with regards to exchanging currency it is not an instantaneous thing. There is many items that need to be addressed. Its not what the sanctions country request but they need to meet the regulations of the host country and everyone is different in their requirements.

Great and enlightening conversation which told me that my USA friends will have some wiggle room before and " IF " currency restrictions if ever are put in place.

pp

Thanks PP

Appreciate your updates :)

I'd be really curious to know what your bankers PERSONAL thoughts are on the rial and the dinar?  I wonder if she has invested in any foreign currencies? 

Could you check? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, climber7 said:

Thanks PP

Appreciate your updates :)

I'd be really curious to know what your bankers PERSONAL thoughts are on the rial and the dinar?  I wonder if she has invested in any foreign currencies? 

Could you check? 

She has looked into both only because of my numerous Inquires but has not Invested. While she has clearly stated that she does not see them as a " scam " her experience tells her that their is several years possible before and significant change in value. She laughs and says she hopes she is wrong for my sake but investing at this time doe's not interest her.

Cheers climber 7  :)

pp

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

She has looked into both only because of my numerous Inquires but has not Invested. While she has clearly stated that she does not see them as a " scam " her experience tells her that their is several years possible before and significant change in value. She laughs and says she hopes she is wrong for my sake but investing at this time doe's not interest her.

Cheers climber 7  :)

pp

Interesting that she doesn't dismiss the possibilities!

• Upvote 1

Okay, lets cut to the chase here. Its just after midnight March 19th/2017. We have approx. 56 hours till Iranian parliament reconvene. I predict that there will be a major currency announcement. To our benefit ? No Idea, but we will know one way or the other I predict.

As FW says, let the whisky flow !! :cheesehead::moneybag:

pp

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

Okay, lets cut to the chase here. Its just after midnight March 19th/2017. We have approx. 56 hours till Iranian parliament reconvene. I predict that there will be a major currency announcement. To our benefit ? No Idea, but we will know one way or the other I predict.

pp

PP,  Keeping our hopes alive and staying focused on the "Big Prize" coming to fruition....:)

• Upvote 3

Code: 82468811 (5891450) | Date: 18/03/2017 | Time: 20:29|

Larijani communicates 6th development plan to President Rouhani

Tehran, March 18 – Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani in a letter to President Hassan Rouhani communicated the sixth five-year development plan of the Islamic Republic of Iran to him for implementation.

82468811-71491680.jpg

As per letter numbered 139574 dated March 16, 2017 and in line with implementation of principle 123 the law of the sixth economic, social and cultural development plan of the Islamic Republic of Iran (2017-2021) approved in parliament’s open session dated March 4 and entitled ‘Plan for needed decrees to implement the sixth economic, social and cultural development plan’ of the Islamic Republic of Iran was submitted to the parliament and according to principle 112 of the Islamic Republic of Iran which was deemed as in accordance with the system’s expediency is now submitted as appendix. 

The letter was undersigned by Parliament Speaker Larijani.

• Upvote 1

Bright future awaiting Iran economy: CBI chief

Tehran, March 18, IRNA – Governor of the Central Bank of Iran (CBI) Valiollah Seif has predicted a bright future for the country’s economy.

82468402-71490827.jpg

Promising signals are emerging in the perspective of Iran’s economy, Seif said through a post on his Telegram channel on Friday.

Pointing to the single-digit rate of inflation in the current Iranian calendar year that will end on March 20, 2017, Seif underlined that the event has occurred in the country after 25 years.

Touching upon Iran's Gross National Product (GNP) growth rate, the CBI chief said it exceeded 11.6 percent during the past nine months of the outgoing Iranian year months (March 20-Dec 20, 2016). Seif stressed that the figure was a record in the past decade. 

A study over Iran’s economic growth indicates that the country enjoys a progressing economy, said the CBI chief.

Since the landmark nuclear deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) was signed in July 2015 between Iran and six major world powers (US, Britain, Russia, France and China plus Germany), Iran has started reclaiming its absolute right from the global oil markets, noted the senior financial official.

However, he stressed, improvement of Iran’s economic growth is not confined only to the oil sector and has spread to the non-oil areas as well as is confirmed by explicit mounting increase in activities of the non-oil sector.

“Our duty is to preserve the major success achieved in the field of non-oil activities and promote it in line with the policies of the Economy of Resistance,” the official concluded.

The Economy of Resistance is a strategy introduced by Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei to end Iran’s dependence on other countries and held it reach self-sufficiency in the field of economic activities to avoid the pre-JCPOA economic sanctions.

1483**1394

• Upvote 1

Iran to boost oil exports to Europe: Ministry official

Tehran, March 18, IRNA – Iran’s oil exports will rise to 800,000 barrels per day by the next two months, says the deputy minister of petroleum.

82468672-71491400.jpg

According to Ali Kardor, currently, Iran’s oil exports to Europe stand at over half a million barrels a day.

The average of Iran’s crude oil exports stood at 2.298 million barrels per day in February, 2017, said Kardor who is also Managing Director of National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC).

If we add the country’s average gas condensate export of 700,000 barrels per day to the number, a record total export number of three million barrels will be obtained for February, he said.

Kardor went on to say that the oil production in the country would reach four million barrels at the end of Farvardin (21 March to 21 April), the first month of the Iranian calendar year.

Under the sanctions Iran’s oil production was 2.7 million barrels per day, with one million barrels heading for export markets. 

Anti-Iran sanctions were lifted on January 16, 2016.

The Governor of the Central Bank of Iran has named bringing discipline to the banking system and structurally reforming it as "the most important plans of the bank during the next fiscal year" which begins on March 21.

"The new supervision system of the central bank is another one of its plans which is to be established for the first time," Valiollah Seif was also quoted as saying by banker.ir.

The main component of the plan, called the New Model of Supervision Over Banks, initiated by CBI in 2013 was presented to the Money and Credit Council for final approval on Feb. 1 and is said to be employing the latest in international banking experiences and practices.

As touted by CBI officials, local design, adaptability, flexibility, reduction of systematic risk and being regulation-oriented are among the most important characteristics of the new supervision model, based on which Iranian banks will fall under one of four categories regarding the level of supervision they will need.

According to Seif, "transparency in the financial statements of the banks is among other measures which have been put on the agenda of the central bank based on its authority."

Instilling transparency within the Iranian banking system has also been a recurring theme during the current fiscal year, with the CBI hard at work trying to make the banks conform to International Financial Reporting Standards.

• Upvote 3

On 3/18/2017 at 4:41 PM, pokerplayer said:

pp

Thank you so much indeed PP, for your continued investigative scoop!  Aye aye, let the whisky flow as so and keeping the faith!! :cheesehead::moneybag::praying: 

• Upvote 1

Iran has started oil production from the offshore South Pars crude oil layers after installing its first floating production, storage and offloading vessel, the FPSO Cyrus, announced National Iranian Oil Company's deputy for engineering and development on Sunday.

“Extraction from seven subsea wells at the layer has started... The  aim is to 35,000 barrels of oil per day in the first phase,output of the project will reach full capacity within a week,” Shana quoted Gholam-Reza Manouchehri as saying. 

The aim is to 35,000 barrels of oil per day in the first phase, he added.

The official also said that the first crude oil consignment from the field will be ready for shipment in 30 to 45 days. 

The oil layer of South Pars field, located in the center of the Persian Gulf and 130 km off the Iranian coast, and adjacent to Qatar's territorial waters, holds an estimated 14 billion barrels of oil in place. 

• Upvote 1

News ID:189613
Publish Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 18:56:00 GMT
Service: Iran

New signs show doing post-sanctions business with Iran returning to normal: Report

New signs show doing post-sanctions business with Iran returning to normal: Report

Serious signs have appeared showing that doing business with Iran may have already started to return to normal a year after the removal of sanctions that had complicated commerce with the country since 2011.

Reuters in a report emphasized that the most significant sign to the same effect had emerged after Iran purchased 40,000 tons of rice from Thailand in an international tender this week. 

It quoted a European trader as saying that the deal shows Iran's purchasing was returning to more normal patterns after the removal of sanctions against the country early last year.

"I think this sale in a tender shows Iran is starting to return to more traditional purchasing patterns after the relaxation of western sanctions," Reuters quoted an unidentified European trader as saying.

Other traders – who were not identified - were further quoted as saying that Iran had in past years largely purchased rice through lengthy direct negotiations as western sanctions imposed against the country had curtailed international payments through banks.

However, the recent purchase of rice from Thailand that was made by Iran’s state grains buyer – the Government Trading Corporation (GTC) – reportedly went through a US corporation which Reuters did not name.

"The sale was made by a US multi-national trading house," the news service further quoted the same European trader as saying.

Iran bought Hom Mali grade A rice from Thailand at about 600 euros ($645.54) a ton, traders said. Prices had been sought in euros in the tender.

The tender had closed on March 14.

The rice was for shipment between April 15 to May 15 to Bandar Imam Khomeini or Bandar Abbas ports.

No purchase was believed to have been made of 30,000 tons of rice from Argentina and 10,000 tons from India which were also sought, traders said.

Thailand plans to sell 300,000 ton of rice to Iran following the relaxation of international sanctions, Reuters quoted Thai officials as saying in January.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, screwball said:

Things are very quite on the western front....

Yes they are. The calm, before the storm. I was shocked to read Iran went through a US company to buy rice. Makes you go hmmm. Thanks for the articles. SB.