Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian Rial

VIZIOIRAQI

PP, thanks so much for your help on this with the Canadian banks. I am down here in Georgia and honestly, I would much rather fly up there than to the ME to cash out. Umbrella drinks till we pass out....!!!

I wonder though with the latest on BO easing up on the sanctions if it will all let go soon with our banks. Best to have all avenues covered though.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jaman said:

YOTA has an article out there that said OBLAMMA has signed off on Iran and the 

Irans swift codes go live Sunday. Here we go!

I read the article Yoda posted but it said absolutely nothing about swift code being accessed on Sunday night.

Where did you get that information? 

13 hours ago, millionaire in training said:

Yes FW. It does look that way. Good article lets hope they know something that we don't.  

Keeping the faith MIT!! :praying:

13 hours ago, screwball said:

It is the second time he has given the 2-3 month time frame, and seams to be urgency about r establishing baking links with a number of countries quickly so let's hope! And pray!m:praying::praying:

Yes indeed!!  They have been indicating and saying this for over a while now!!  And it's looking that it's heading that direction!!  Thanks Screwball!!:twothumbs:

6 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

I believe so as well FW. Iran is moving at warp speed to entrench trading partners across the globe !! I honestly believe they have given up on their nuclear ambitions and are now concentrating on be a global Influence in the middle east and taking the lead away from Saudi Arabia.

JMO, but if makes us all filthy rich, giver' I say. :mexican:

pp

Ludacris speed!!  Everything's happening so darn fast!!  Keeping the faith!! :praying:

6 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

I think I will try and contact Custom's Canada this week and get the facts on what is required in order to cash in our Investment after a rate change and not have to worry about legal ramification's. I will specifically ask about people outside the country as well as I am sure it will be different requirements than for me as I'm all ready a citizen.

Will keep everyone posted.

As they say, a bird in the hand............

pp

Many thanks and please do indeed let us know....I'm already crazy enough to still head out to Dubai though, just in case!! :bananacamel:

4 hours ago, WheresmyRV? said:

I tell you what, I am way more excited about the rial than I am of the dinar at this point.  It really looks that this will be over by the end of this year!

WheresmyRV.......at the rate things are going for this Iranian Rial, it definitely does seem it may happen....but you can bet my next whiskey bottle, should it happen first I'm gonna buy a YACHT LOAD of Dinar and Dong!!  Yup!! :cheesehead::twothumbs::praying:

1 hour ago, jaman said:

YOTA has an article out there that said OBLAMMA has signed off on Iran and the 

Irans swift codes go live Sunday. Here we go!

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!! :blink:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gixxerfrog said:

Could you show us a link showing this....also what the heck is the "swift codes'?

Hope this helps Frog.

pp

Swift Code is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) and it is unique identification code for a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money between banks, particularly for international wire transfers. Banks also used the codes for exchanging other messages between them.

The Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters. When 8-digits code is given, it refers to the primary office. The code formatted as below;

AAAA BB CC DDD

• First 4 characters - bank code (only letters)
  • Next 2 characters - ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code (only letters)
  • Next 2 characters - location code (letters and digits) (passive participant will have "1" in the second character)
  • Last 3 characters - branch code, optional ('XXX' for primary office) (letters and digits)

Currently, there are over 40,000 “live” Swift codes. The "live" codes are for the partners who are actively connected to the Swift network. On top of that, there are more than 50,000 additional codes, which are used for manual transactions. These additional codes are for the passive participants.

The registrations of Swift Codes are handled by Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (“SWIFT”) and their headquarters is located in La Hulpe, Belgium. SWIFT is the registered trademarks of S.W.I.F.T. SCRL with a registered address at Avenue Adèle 1, B-1310 La Hulpe, Belgium.

Swift Code, BIC Code, ISO 9362

Swift Code or BIC code are part of ISO 9362 standards. It is a standard format of Business Identifier Codes (“BIC”). BIC sometimes also refers to “Bank Identifier Code”.

Swift Code or BIC Code is a unique code to identify financial and non-financial institutions. These codes are mostly used when transferring money between banks, especially for international wire transfers or telegraphic transfer (“TT”). The codes are also used in exchanging messages between banks.

For individual users, SWIFT Code normally used to transmit money across the international border.

Swift Code for World’s Largest Economies

International Bank Account Number (IBAN)

Certain part of the world, especially in the Europe, Middle East & Caribbean countries adopted to use International Bank Account Number (IBAN) for international fund transfer. Remember to use IBAN if you are doing fund transfer to these countries.

IBAN format is very long, and it can be up to 34 characters. In order to avoid a mistake, it is wise to validate IBAN number prior making international fund transfer.

It is possible to calculate IBAN from an existing bank account number by using online IBAN Calculator. The required informations are depending on the specific countries, but normally, account number, bank code and branch codes are needed.

Domestic Bank Codes

Some countries also implement domestic bank code or clearing system to transfer money within their own border. Examples are, Routing Number in United States (“USA”), Routing Number or Transit Number in Canada, Sort Codes in United Kingdom (“UK”), National Sort Codes (NSC) in Ireland, Bankleitzahl (“BLZ Codes”) in Germany, Bankenclearing-Nummer (“BC“) & SIX Interbank Clearing Codes (“SIC”) in Switzerland, Code Banque & Code Guichet In France, Codice ABI (“ABI“) & Codice di Avviamento Bancario (“CAB Code“) in Italy, Bank State Branch (BSB number) in Australia, Bank State Branch (BSB number) in New Zealand and Indian Financial System Code (“IFSC Code“) in India.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Hope this helps Frog.

pp

Swift Code is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) and it is unique identification code for a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money between banks, particularly for international wire transfers. Banks also used the codes for exchanging other messages between them.

The Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters. When 8-digits code is given, it refers to the primary office. The code formatted as below;

Great info PP

I'd still like to see the link saying they can access them Sunday night 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, screwball said:

Yes live to see that article where it says they are going live Sunday with swifts! 

I agree SB.  The way I currently see it this thread has a small community of posters. A dozen or so, we are all doing whatever we can to enlighten our small group so that we are all ready and prepared for our " Big Payday " . No one is better or less than the other.

We all hope for the same thing...... A big payday giving us financial security and a comfortable retirement.

Cheers my friends, all as we see it is soon to pass !!

pp

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

I agree SB.  The way I currently see it this thread has a small community of posters. A dozen or so, we are all doing whatever we can to enlighten our small group so that we are all ready and prepared for our " Big Payday " . No one is better or less than the other.

We all hope for the same thing...... A big payday giving us financial security and a comfortable retirement.

pp

Just want to keep us grounded and informed with articles and links so we can all make informed decisions.... No guru gob off! 

Edited by screwball
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, pokerplayer said:

pp

You already had me at big payday, financial security and comfortable retirement. :twothumbs:

Just gotta' see that link about SWIFT opening up to Iran on Sunday as much as you all do too!! :praying:

41 minutes ago, gixxerfrog said:

Thanks poker, I don't understand why it is a big deal if there is proof that it is going live Sunday? Don't all banks already have swift codes ? It's not like this is a new country starting up, they were just placed under sanctions. They already should have a swift code ?!?!

For me.....the proof is important for a few reasons.....

This thread has been pretty solid with people posting links to go with the claims which makes following the progress easier and with credibility which in turn keeps us grounded.

I'd like to keep this thread 'pure' so to speak and not allow any 'guru gob' (like SB said) to stop people from getting falsely excited and to keep truth in focus 

those are the main reasons--but not all-- to post a link and not make false statements. 

Edited by climber7
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, gixxerfrog said:

Thanks poker, I don't understand why it is a big deal if there is proof that it is going live Sunday? Don't all banks already have swift codes ? It's not like this is a new country starting up, they were just placed under sanctions. They already should have a swift code ?!?!

It's not,a big deal but you think it would be news carried by news sites? And yes I have posted articles saying they have been reconnected to swift! so not sure what the difference is about going "live" I thought being connected would be same! I personally just like to keep the thread honest so to speak with articles to back up posts! 

Edited by screwball
  • Upvote 2

by KM Dadkhah - ‎2001 - ‎Cited by 3 - ‎Related articles

foreign exchange control and set the official rate of exchange for the pound and dollar. There were an ... law regulating the Iranian currency defines one rial to be equal to 4.14 gram of silver. Therefore, the price of ...

like me to know what the rest of this? Remember my previous post from the former president saying it should as per law? Unfortunately this book costs $45.00 maybe I will keep searching!

"It is planned to remove zeros off currency and make the rial value real," Iran's government website quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. "The value of rial, under the law, is calculated on the basis of the price of gold. For some reason, the rial has been devaluated and we have to return its value to the one existing in the law." 

So is it gold or silver?

• Upvote 2

At the beginning of 2013 the official gold reserves in Iran were estimated at 340 tons. However, in the opinion of many experts, this is clearly an understated figure. A significant part of the gold is shipped into Iran through illegal channels and is concentrated in safes in the Central Bank and the Ministry of Finance. According to one alternative estimate, at the beginning of 2012 Iran's gold reserve was over 900 tons. This is comparable to the value of Iran's annual import volume.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13920904001414

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, screwball said:

"It is planned to remove zeros off currency and make the rial value real," Iran's government website quoted Ahmadinejad as saying. "The value of rial, under the law, is calculated on the basis of the price of gold. For some reason, the rial has been devaluated and we have to return its value to the one existing in the law." 

So is it gold or silver?

"calculated on the basis of the price of gold"

So I would think it would be based on gold.