Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God Shall Supply All Your Needs

ronscarpa

WORD for Tuesday, 9/15/2015 - John Piper

"My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19

In Philippians 4:6, Paul says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” And then in Philippians 4:19 (just 13 verses later), he gives the liberating promise of future grace, just as Jesus did: “My God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

If we live by faith in this promise of future grace, it will be very hard for anxiety to survive. God’s “riches in glory” are inexhaustible. He really means for us not to worry about our future.

We should follow the pattern of Jesus and Paul. We should battle the unbelief of anxiety with the promises of future grace.

When I am anxious about some risky new venture or meeting, I battle unbelief with one of my most often-used promises, Isaiah 41:10. The day I left for three years in Germany my father called me long distance and gave me this promise on the telephone. For three years I must have quoted it to myself five hundred times to get me through periods of tremendous stress. “Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you, with my victorious right hand” (Isaiah 41:10, RSV).

When the motor of my mind is in neutral, the hum of the gears is the sound of Isaiah 41:10.

• Upvote 3

A man was walking through a forest pondering life. He walked,
pondered, walked, and pondered. He felt very close to nature
and even close to God. He felt so close to God that he felt if
he spoke God would listen.
So he asked, "God, are you listening?"

And God replied, "Yes my son, I am here."

The man stopped and pondered some more.

He looked towards the sky and said, "God, what is a million years to you?"

God replied, "Well my son, a second to me is like a million years to you."

So the man continued to walk and to ponder... walk and ponder...
Then he looked to the sky again and said, "God, what is a million
dollars to you?"

And God replied, "My son, my son...a penny to me is like a million
dollars to you. It means almost nothing to me. It does not even have
a value it is so little."

The man looked down, pondered a bit and then looked up to the sky
and said, "God, can I have a million dollars?"

And God replied, "In a second." 

It made Me think.

Edited by moose 57