Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A third of Americans would support a military coup

Neapolitan

Poll finds almost a third of Americans would support a military coup

Online survey shows 29% would support possible takeover while 41% said they could not imagine supporting such an event

3924.jpg?w=300&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
 In the YouGov survey also that 43% of Republicans would support a military coup in certain instances, while only 20% of Democrats and 29% of independents would. Photograph: Filip Singer/EPA

Almost a third of Americans could imagine supporting a military coup against their own government, according to a new poll.

The YouGov survey showed 29% of Americans could imagine supporting a coup. Yet, 41% said they could not imagine supporting such an event.

YouGov, which conducts internet polls about “politics, public affairs, products, brands and other topics of general interest”, surveyed 1,000 people online on the issue.

They found that 43% of Republicans would support a military coup in certain instances, while only 20% of Democrats and 29% of independents would.

The overall numbers increased when participants were “asked whether they would hypothetically support the military stepping in to take control from a civilian government which is beginning to violate the constitution”. 43% said yes to this, and 29% said no.

Abraham Wyner, director of the undergraduate program in statistics at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, said that online polls were “worse than just about any other way you can put together a poll” because they were prone to selection bias, meaning proper randomization was not achieved and the sample was not representative of the population – since people can choose to participate.

“People who are participating in an online poll are generally attracted to that poll because of some variable, some characteristic which is connected typically to one outcome or the other in that poll,” he said.

But the military won't do it no matter how baldly and badly the POTUS violates his oath.  That's proven by the last 6+ years of excalating acts  of "high crimes and misdemeanors" culminating now in the outright treason of giving very substantial aid and comfort to the enemy.  If not now, then clearly never.  They are too conflicted by the conumdrum of removing an egregious recidivistic oath breaker by breaking their own oath of subordination to an elected "Commander in Chief."  But, I think many of them would simply stand by in lager and not interfere with such patriotic redemption by civilians led by discharged vets.  And the tens of thousands of non-career Viet Nam vet Officers who were administratrively discharged from the inactive reserve know that by that action we were released from that oath. 

But, it will never happen without a leader, and you can't have a leader without communication, and all commo is now closely monitored.  So it could happen only by widespread spontaneous action by like minded, but unorganized, people outraged by some specific event.  I don't think even the cocooned shiftless current POTUS is stupid enough to do that.  And if he did some such thing, it would instantly be painted over by his propaganda trolls and the MSM.

A more credible book plot would involve up to, perhaps, a few hundred old fed up vets who, simply acting as lone wolves, start taking out the many minions, funders, law perverters, criminals, cronies, colaberators, and other enablers in a variety of asymetrical, very surgical (i.e., NO collateral damage) strikes.  The narcissistic cowards so important to the traitor POTUS (folks like Lerner, Gruber, Sebelius, Reid, Soros, the Hollywood crowd, etc., etc.) would soon abandon him, then most of the MSM would do the same, and his power would be lost.  Congressional democruds would then seek to distance themselves from the failed POTUS by supporting impeachment initiated by their RINO colleagues.  The aftermath, however, would not be pretty....  Damn, where's Tom Clancey when you really need him?

Come on guys, don't you know that is exactly what the government of the 

United States wants everyone to do. Are we really that easily manipulated? 

I disagree LGD . If we are backed by the military and we are united I think thats exactly what they wouldn't want us to do. 

Thats why they continue to portray their illusion of 2 party's to keep us divided and to continually race bait us to further that  division

and rich vs poor to add to the division . If we stand united and have the major part of the military behind us. Then I think its a fight we could win.

and so do they. 

• Upvote 1

Are we talking "Legal" Americans here?

If so, then how many is that, 50 million?

Still quite a few, even by today's standards, but I really would have to question just WHO would be running the show.

If the backers contain a large number of the recently retired (tossed-out) Generals, then maybe there's some meat on that bone.

Otherwise, I'm calling this a major Psy-Op or trial-balloon in play if this movement get any legs under it.

I guess no one got my (dry) humor on the 50 million?

Anyway, there is an interesting split on this poll, based on political demographics:

29% of Americans could imagine a situation in which they would support the military seizing control of the federal government, while 41% could not imagine such a situation. 

Republicans (43%) are more than twice as likely as Democrats (20%) to say that they could conceive of a situation in which they would support a military coup in the United States. Independents tend to say that they could not (38%) rather than could (29%) imagine supporting a coup.

The proportion of the country that would support a military takeover increases when people are asked whether they would hypothetically support the military stepping in to take control from a civilian government which is beginning to violate the Constitution. 43% of Americans would support the military stepping in while 29% would be opposed.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2015/09/09/could-coup-happen-in-united-states/

Edited by RVWITHME