Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 2 September 2015

Adam Montana

Good morning and happy Wednesday, everyone!

I have good news and bad news today. 

The bad news first - no HCL, no RV. Sorry.

The good news is something I encourage everyone to 
verify for themselves... simply click the "What's New" 
tab and scan through the recent articles. Look for the 
headlines on ISIS and turmoil in Iraq. 

You aren't seeing many, are you? That's right! Because 
things are actually going VERY well over there right now, 
and this is exactly the situation we want to be in before 
the HCL is passed and they can successfully make a 
big change to the value of their currency.

Although I am cautiously optimistic, this looks to me like 
the "quiet before the storm". Let's go, Iraq! Time to get 
this show on the road!

:bananacamel:

Before I get to the Weekly Q's, let's talk about a recent event 
that you probably saw on the news - Tropical Storm Erika.

Those of you in my VIP group know that I spend a lot of 
time working with people in various 3rd world countries 
(mostly for banking and dual citizenship reasons). Most 
people can't begin to fathom what "3rd World" actually 
means until you go there and walk the streets... and I'm 
not talking the streets that they keep nice for tourists. I'm 
talking about 6-20 blocks off the tourist area, where they 
actually live. 

Take the Dominican Republic, for example. If you've been 
to Punta Cana, you might think you've seen the "Dominican 
Republic" - sorry, but no. Punta Cana is a beautiful place 
where the impoverished live like kings compared to what 
you will find in Santo Domingo, the capital city.

Here's a picture of the only beach in Santo Domingo:

post-72-0-49407500-1441206647_thumb.png

If you were to brave the steep cliff to get down to it, you'd 
be lucky to find a spot to put a single beach chair amongst 
all the trash that is washed up, and by the time you left 
you would need a shower and you might want to burn the 
clothes you were wearing!

That's just the surface of what I'd like to share, I could go 
on for hours and days about the things I've seen. I've 
actually had tears in my eyes on occasion, and as a business 
person it's damn near impossible to get to my heartstrings.

One thing I've started doing is take an extra suitcase on every 
trip to one of these countries. I go through the house, and so 
does my family, and we gather all the clothes we haven't 
worn. We find useful household items that we no longer use 
or think could benefit someone else.

I check that bag, and then lug it to a church when I get there. 
I'd like to encourage everyone to do the same when you take 
the time to go to any of these places.

Back to TS Erika... there is a small island called Dominica 
(pronounced "Dom-in-eek-uh") that was hit hard - REALLY hard. 

post-72-0-87380000-1441206684_thumb.jpg

(Click the picture for more details.)

The destruction has killed at least 25 people and set their 
economy back 20 years... and their economy wasn't the best 
to begin with.

I actually had a trip planned to Dominica this week, and when 
I heard about this tragedy I planned on keeping my travel plans, 
because I'm sure they could use volunteers down there in person.

Unfortunately, that is not going to happen.

You can't even fly into the country right now, because their 
airstrip is covered in mud. All supplies have to come over on a ferry 
at this time. Fuel is being limited to emergency vehicles - if you have 
a job to go to, you're walking. And it's going to be a very long time 
before things go back to normal.

I've been researching over the last few days and I've learned a few 
things that are important for those of us that want to help out.

1. Sending physical items may not be ideal for them, because it's 
more efficient for them to buy from one vendor and get a larger 
more organized shipment rather than pick through smaller boxes 
of donations.

With that said, I haven't found a specific organization that is dedicated 
to focusing on Dominica. I don't like putting my money into a pot 
where it may or may not specifically benefit the cause I am seeking 
to help, but that shouldn't completely prevent me from making an 
effort... so I donated a small amount here: 

2. After speaking to many Churches and other organizations in Dominica, 
I believe the Bishop of Roseau is doing a good job of getting organized 
and they explained that they are working on a way to accept cash and 
how they will use it, but as of right now they are asking for food donations.

I've decided to put a larger amount of money into sending physical 
goods. As soon as I can get out of the office today, I'm going to go buy 
a box of the following:

- Dry Goods
- Flour
- Oil
- Canned items (tuna, beans, etc)

And I will ship it to:

Bishop of Roseau
Turkey Lane, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica

Edit: Well... I've made less progress than I expected. I went to Walmart 
and bought 111 lbs of the above items... took it to Fedex, packaged it up, and 
the price was:

• 2 Day Shipping: $858
  • 5 Day Shipping: $550

It doesn't make sense to spend $1000 to provide $120 worth of food. :(

Bummer... so I also checked USPS and they aren't much cheaper. My next idea 

was Amazon, but Amazon doesn't ship flour to Dominica (and I can't find an 

answer on why not, so I'm still looking...). 

I'll keep looking for a solution to help them. Anyone have any ideas?

Now onto the Weekly Q's!

Candy01 Hello Adam,  What are the second and third most important laws after the HCL?  Must these also be passed before an RV?

Also, I may have asked you this before, but do they have to open the 2015 budget in order to RV?

Thanks for all you do!

:shrug:  :D

I'm not going to over-complicate it at this time. "General progress" is the 2nd 

most important thing after the HCL.

Regarding the budget, nope. The budget is a moving target that will change 

drastically once they RV, so I have never put much emphasis on the budget.

:twocents:

Candy01 Adam,  May I please ask another question?  Here goes:

The in-country bonds have been postponed to the end of September.  Can the RV still happen?   Also, the bonds will be purchased in Dinars but redeemed in USD.  What do you make of this?

Thanks Again!

:shrug:

You asked to ask another question, but you ended up asking three! 

:lol:

1. YES

2. YES

3. I expanded on that last week - in my opinion, it doesn't matter. Check 

last week's update for a detailed explanation of my opinion on USD vs IQD

in this situation.

:twothumbs:

betsy1949 Adam,   I had read some weeks back how al-Abadi was cleaning house, with the result that a number of people were out of a job.  Have you heard or read what progress is being made on filling those positions, hopefully with people who have integrity.  Are there positions in the GOI that will need to be filled before the RV.  I was thinking we just needed the HCL, but I also remembering you saying some time back that the GOI also needed to be filled.

If I'm thinking of the same thing you are, Abadi didn't actually plan on "re-filling" 

those positions - they were simply being eliminated. I like that plan, because too 

many monkeys on the same tree is just as bad as too many chefs in the same 

kitchen.

What I said sometime ago about the GOI being important was that we needed 

a significant change and improvement in the GOI, and I believe that requirement 

has been "filled" to a very reasonably satisfactory level.

:twothumbs:

robert c I have read  that Iraq has a credit rating of B-. is this true and what does this mean for an rv?

Thank you

It means nothing until they decide to use it for something. Also, I'm not sure what 

source gave the rating, so it's hard for me to make a conclusive statement on it.

If the rating was officially approved by the IMF, that's a big deal! But if it was an 

Iraqi organization that made the statement, that's less impressive.

:twocents:

Charlie Echo The government now wants to deprive us of cash in order to deprive us of private and unreported payments and savings. The Financial Times, Britain’s equivalent to the Wall Street Journal, has published an anonymous article advocating that cash be abolished and all transactions be digital so that authorities can know and completely control our behavior. Clearly a big push in this direction is in the works. If the authorities succeed, we will have a situation in which the privacy guaranteed by the US Constitution becomes a myth that slowly fades from memory.  Do you think this is one of the reasons an RV is being delayed and / or are they waiting for the IMF reset in Oct.  ?   We are in a world of shams, pyramid/ponzi schemes and money laundering throughout the government where the high frequency trading with "line of site" towers beat our trades to the market by seconds and where the  "Governments Plunge Protection Team" computer manipulates the markets which WILL be overtaken by the fear in the markets.  With that said, is a Reset of currencies good or bad?

I'm fine with all transactions going digital, because my bitcoin will skyrocket! :lol:

But that kind of situation becoming a reality is further away than an RV, so I don't 

think this agenda is delaying the RV. The only thing that has delayed the RV in 

the past has been Iraq's need to be in complete control and reasonably stable.

I think we've met those necessities, so I'm just going to give them the green light.

Go ahead, Iraq! You've earned it!

(Maybe they are listening, who knows :D:shrug: )

countryroads Good day Adam.  Looking at the questions for this week I see question about different things needing to happen before there can be an RV. I thought that the RV was the sole responsibility of the CBI and not the government. I think that now would be a good time to clarify this again, just to keep us all on the same page.

Thanks Adam

That is a great suggestion, thank you for pointing it out!

Here's a quick and dirty recap:

1. The GOI can't force the CBI to honor a higher rate. It simply wouldn't work.

2. Equally important - the CBI doesn't need the support of the GOI to successfully 

raise the value of the dinar, but they also don't want opposition from the GOI.

With those things in mind, we can know that the CBI makes the final call, but 

both entities will work together to ensure the success.

==================================================

That's it for now, friends! Please consider helping the good 

people down in Dominica if you have the ability.

:tiphat:

• Upvote 14

Charlie Echo The government now wants to deprive us of cash in order to deprive us of private and unreported payments and savings. The Financial Times, Britain’s equivalent to the Wall Street Journal, has published an anonymous article advocating that cash be abolished and all transactions be digital so that authorities can know and completely control our behavior. Clearly a big push in this direction is in the works. If the authorities succeed, we will have a situation in which the privacy guaranteed by the US Constitution becomes a myth that slowly fades from memory.  Do you think this is one of the reasons an RV is being delayed and / or are they waiting for the IMF reset in Oct.  ?   We are in a world of shams, pyramid/ponzi schemes and money laundering throughout the government where the high frequency trading with "line of site" towers beat our trades to the market by seconds and where the  "Governments Plunge Protection Team" computer manipulates the markets which WILL be overtaken by the fear in the markets.  With that said, is a Reset of currencies good or bad?

Charlie Echo, according to Revelations 13;16 this will happen;
The Mark of the Beast
16And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name which is 666.

Lord Willing Jesus will come for those whose name is written in the Lambs book of life before this happens. Is your name there?
Ask Jesus to forgive your sins and be the lord and savior of your life and it will be. Amen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Adam

Very nice suggestion about issues in Dominical. I love that you're using this form to promote helping others enrolling people to each other versus promoting VIP. A really nice and appreciated change. Thank you.

The trash is an issue throughout the Caribbean, and also Mexico and Central America. I remember being in Mexico near Belize and the beaches were similar. I learned that it was all the trash that is being dumped in the ocean off of places like Jamaica and the United States that then washes up from the ocean back onto the shores with the currents. It's the same slew of garbage that is the filling the pacific gyre. It is a huge issue in the world and represents all the consumption we make without regard to outcome.

The good news is that there are so many inventions happening to deal with waste that now garbage is becoming the new gold as they extract materials that are becoming increasingly rare and expensive to make.

So another man's trash is everyone's gold - and one area we could be looking to invest. It's very important for us to do this for the planet and for ourselves as resources become less available.

The next few years Ressie radical changes in cities and the way that garbage is dealt with. I anticipate in 10 years there will be people mining the ocean for plastic and the beaches and that this will all resolve because it will become an economic benefit to re-constitute the materials into the wrong form and be used again.

I have been reading a website www.nobleprofit.org that has some interesting coverage of these changes across multiple industries. There have been tons of changes in major companies and private investment in this area. Possibly something to consider when we are all flush from the dinar.

So thanks again for helping those folks in Dominical. I will make a care package.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bless you Adam.

I'm interested, would your organization be willing to ensure

that help for the hurricane victims actually ended up where it

would be needed? I understand that would require more effort than

you may have anticipated, however I'm willing to bet there are many

here (myself included) that EMPHATICALLY TRUST YOU and would find

it far more comfortable to go through CORP OFFSHORE.

Thanks,in advance, for your consideration.

Thanks for the update Adam. Question for you. I've been hearing a lot more these last couple months about the Global Currency Reset, and the potential collapse of our stock market  here in September, and into October, and possibly making us a cash free society. (I don't like that). I understand from listening to some of these shows that talk about this, that this could be very bad, in a nutshell. With the Greece situation and possibly other countries having to maybe file bankruptcy, and the impending domino affect that will have, there seems to be a major financial collapse heading our way. Have you heard anything on this, what it all means to us, how it could affect us and the value of the dollar, and of course the RV?

Adam,  

Concerning the agency that gave the B- credit rating to Iraq, I have read in several sources that it was Fitches.  As that is not one that either myself or my husband are familiar with, I can say no more about it, but if you or anyone else on this site is familiar with it, I would welcome reading about it.

Adam,  

Concerning the agency that gave the B- credit rating to Iraq, I have read in several sources that it was Fitches.  As that is not one that either myself or my husband are familiar with, I can say no more about it, but if you or anyone else on this site is familiar with it, I would welcome reading about it.

Fitch Ratings
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fitch Ratings Inc. 250px-Fitch_Ratings_Logo.jpg Subsidiary Industry Financial services Founded 1914 Founder John Knowles Fitch Headquarters New York CityUnited States, and LondonUnited Kingdom
Key people
Paul Taylor

President & CEO Revenue 11px-Increase2.svg.png $732.5 Million (2011) [1] Owner Hearst Corporation andFIMALAC SA

Number of employees
2,000 (approximate) Website www.fitchratings.com

Fitch Ratings Inc. is one of the three nationally recognized statistical rating organizations (NRSRO) designated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 1975, together with Moody's and Standard & Poor's, and the three are commonly known as the "Big Three credit rating agencies".[2]

Fitch Ratings is dual-headquartered in New York, USA, and London, UK.[3] On April 12, 2012, Hearst increased their stake in the Fitch Group to 50%.[4] Previously, Hearst owned a 40% stake in the company, while FIMALAC was the majority owner with 60% stake.[5] Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are part of the Fitch Group. It is a jointly owned subsidiary of Hearst Corporation and FIMALAC SA.

On December 12, 2014 Hearst Corporation announced that it will purchase from Fimalac S.A. at $1.965 billion an additional 30 percent interest in Fitch Group, bringing Hearst's equity interest to 80 percent. Fimalac will retain a 20 percent equity interest in Fitch Group.[6] On the same day Fimalac announced that the deal also coprises provision that Fimalac CEO Mr. Marc Ladreit de Lacharrière remain Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fitch Group as well as Fimalac will hold 50% of votes within that Board until 2020.[7]

The firm was founded by John Knowles Fitch on December 24, 1913 in New York City as the Fitch Publishing Company. It merged with London-based IBCA Limited in December 1997. In 2000 Fitch acquired both Chicago-based Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co. (April) and Thomson Financial BankWatch (December). Fitch Ratings is the smallest of the "big three" NRSROs, covering a more limited share of the market than S&P and Moody's, though it has grown with acquisitions and frequently positions itself as a "tie-breaker" when the other two agencies have ratings similar, but not equal, in scale.

In September 2011, Fitch Group announced the sale of Algorithmics (risk analytics software) to IBM for $387 million.[8] The deal closed on October 21, 2011.[9]

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 2

Well I'll be, there IS a Fitch rating on Iraq at B-. That's awesome!

And a follow up to my weekly update (I edited the first post to reflect this new info) :

Well... I've made less progress than I expected. I went to Walmart 
and bought 111 lbs of the above items... took it to Fedex, packaged it up, and 
the price was:

• 2 Day Shipping: $858
  • 5 Day Shipping: $550

It doesn't make sense to spend $1000 to provide $120 worth of food. :(

Bummer... so I also checked USPS and they aren't much cheaper. My next idea 

was Amazon, but Amazon doesn't ship flour to Dominica (and I can't find an 

answer on why not, so I'm still looking...). 

I'll keep looking for a solution to help them. Anyone have any ideas?

• Upvote 2

One more update for now: I did find some items on Amazon that could be shipped to Dominica. 

Cheerios is one, so I added 10 boxes to my cart to see how much it would be to ship them.

Order Summary
Items (10): $29.90 Shipping & handling: $382.50 Total before tax: $412.40 Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00 Order total: $412.40

Ugh. I'll keep looking.

Ok Adam, I'm just going to throw this out there. You may do with it as you please.

Wouldn't it be more financially prudent to say rent a conex box via a shipping company. And have everyone make donations to corporate offshore to cover the cost of food items clothing items and blankets and the cost of shipping?

Just brainstorming here but I believe that is similar to how the Red Cross and the Salvation Army handle such things.

• Upvote 3

Ok Adam, I'm just going to throw this out there. You may do with it as you please.

Wouldn't it be more financially prudent to say rent a conex box via a shipping company. And have everyone make donations to corporate offshore to cover the cost of food items clothing items and blankets and the cost of shipping?

Just brainstorming here but I believe that is similar to how the Red Cross and the Salvation Army handle such things.

you are correct, my in laws and yes i think is belize, they load a barrel every? 2 years and have shipped over for them, whatever u can get in the barrel.

I cant remember cost out of canada, but i do know u ship like 2 months before u leave for vacation.

it is there, full of all u need for the holidays which to them is all winter, and u have enough left over for 2 nd year.

Shipped via boat i know, i have never done, but have seen done

• Upvote 3

I would happily get involved in something like that!

Do you have any shipping companies in mind? All of my shipping investments are all based around Hong Kong and Singapore, so I don't even know where to start for Latin America.

I'm on my way home now. I have some addresses and websites for companies that I have shipped to in the past while trucking. I think they will be what were looking for.

OK Sir, right off the bat I know this company to be one of the largest international shippers and you can 

also rent the ocean containers from them. I have delivered them to all points within the United States and 

also taken them to various ports.

http://www.shipping-worldwide.com/dominica.htm 

Assistance With Calculators Call Toll Free 877-597-0258 and Customer Service Desk 305-597-0258 East Coast & West Coast 310-885-5591

I requested a quote using the most basic of information and am awaiting a reply. I will post as soon as one comes. 

I truly believe that we could generate a considerable gift with minimal effort from members here. 

However, if one were willing it would not be difficult to get local churches involved and really do something

wonderful for those affected. As a Marine I have been to several, " Third world country's", and know EXACTLY what 

you mean. It's simply something that most Americans just could not fathom. It would be my sincere pleasure to 

be of assistance to you in this endeavor any way that you may see fit.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

Having lived in third world countries for many years and suffering various natural disasters The most prudent first thing to do/arrange is to have a key "boots on ground " point of contact you trust ...I guess the priest fits the bill.

Yes a shipping container is the best way to go to consolidate freight. Go ahead and check out LGD's  contact and get some facts to bring to the table to share with other DV members. Sadly I'm not in that part of the world to assist with co-ordination

I suggest you have a centralised consolidation point some in the states seaside that fits the selected shipping company route to Dominica. 

Then, set a deadline for Members and other churches to have donated goods sent to this depot to add to the container by that date and allow a few days before the ship sails to finish paperwork.

Once again you will need a point of contact at that destination to ensure everything is collected, packed, documented and secured. Remember to dot the "i's" and cross the "T's" so there is no trouble at the Dominica end.

Get advise and ensure it is sent as 'donated goods for flood relief' to avoid undue customs etc.

Good luck all.

Edited by FlyHi

Yes FlyHi, when I submitted the request for a quote I said it

was Hurricane relief items. As far as customs is concerned I would

compare it to something akin to a tax advantage.

The company I suggested will drop a container just about anywhere

in America. And they have the most drop points for worldwide

shipping I know of.

• Upvote 2