Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders, putting lives at risk

The gun grabbers could not win through the courts or state governments so they resort to calling the police and exaggerating what they see in order to harass law abiding citizens (see National Review link below).  What a pathetic way to go through life.  RV ME

By Perry Chiaramonte Published September 01, 2015

Second Amendment groups are accusing the gun control lobby of putting law-abiding owners of firearms in danger by urging people to call the police on anyone carrying a gun in public

As more states relax rules about open-carrying of guns, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has taken to social media to urge the public to assume gun-toters are trouble, and to call the cops on anyone they feel may be a threat.

“If you see someone carrying a firearm in public—openly or concealed—and have ANY doubts about their intent, call 911 immediately and ask police to come to the scene,” the group wrote on its widely followed Facebook page. “Never put your safety, or the safety of your loved ones, at the mercy of weak gun laws that arm individuals in public with little or no criminal and/or mental health screening.”

That approach, according to a blog post by Ohio-based Buckeye Firearms Association, could give rise to needless, tense confrontations between police and gun owners. The association and other similar groups liken the tactic to “swatting,” or the act of tricking an emergency service into dispatching responders based on a false report. Many online harassment campaigns have been known to participate in the practice.

“This practice is exactly what they [Coalition to Stop Gun Violence] are doing,” said Erich http://iqd.me/l/11, spokesman for Virginia-based Gun Owners of America. “It’s one thing if someone is using a gun in an illegal or unlawful manner. No one is questioning that. But this clearly sounds like swatting.”

http://iqd.me/l/11 adds that it may be a move of desperation by those looking to get guns off the streets.

“Anti-gun advocates are clearly frustrated. They want guns banned,” he said. “But they have been thwarted in the past, so they are looking for alternative means.

“They are inciting their radical base to turn their own neighbors in.”

It is not the first time supporters of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and other gun control advocates have pressed for the public to call cops on legal gun owners. An October 2014 National Review article found that the Facebook pages and websites of groups including the coalition, Moms Demand Action and GunFreeZone.net included numerous comments from the public advocating that people call the police and intentionally exaggerate what they see in the hopes of getting cops to stop those open-carrying guns.

Open carry rules, in one form or another, are legal in every state except for five—California, Florida, Illinois, New York, and South Carolina, as well as the District of Columbia. However, many states that do permit open carry have put in place stringent laws that require some sort of permit or license.

The main issue that gun advocates have with the Coalition’s tactics is the potential of putting law-abiding citizens in real danger. Officials for the anti-gun group say that this is not the case.

“In an era in which individuals are being allowed to carry loaded guns on our streets with no permit, background check or required training, it is common sense for concerned citizens to call 911 when they see an armed individual whose intentions are unclear,” Ladd Everitt, director of communications for the Coalition to

Stop Gun Violence said in a statement to FoxNews.com. “These [open carry] laws guarantee that we—and law enforcement—will have no idea about the criminal and/or mental health background of these individuals until they actually commit a crime; and by then it could be far too late.  We have full confidence in our men and women in blue to assess these situations. 

“Gun-toters who are truly law-abiding and mentally competent have nothing whatsoever to worry about. Their conversations with law enforcement will be brief and professional,” he added. “As for those who are dangerous and have something to hide which would not withstand the scrutiny of a background check or permitting process, they should expect to face some tough questions as a result of these 911 calls. And that makes us all safer.”

But the Buckeye Firearms Association believes the effort amounts to "conspiring to obstruct legal justice.”

http://iqd.me/l/11 agreed, and said people who call the police without legitimate reason should be charged.

“They would likely be the ones arrested for filing a false report,” he said. “And we are certainly hoping that would be the case.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01/gun-control-groups-accused-swatting-open-carry-permit-holders-putting-lives-at/

• Upvote 1

***///

...and so it begins..

the domestic terrorists terrorizing law-abiding citizens exercising lawful rights.

the cartel of evil undermining Our Republic will stop at nothing to wage under-handed war against Patriots.

hobummer and his evil cartel are on the move ... moving "FORWARD" to destroy US from within.

• Upvote 1

***///

...and so it begins..

the domestic terrorists terrorizing law-abiding citizens exercising lawful rights.

the cartel of evil undermining Our Republic will stop at nothing to wage under-handed war against Patriots.

hobummer and his evil cartel are on the move ... moving "FORWARD" to destroy US from within.

Free people keep governments in check by maintaining their right to keep and bear arms.  This bothers those who wish to be governed by elites – they rally in the streets and cry out for more sweet bread and to be ruled; Rule us, rule us, they sing in discordant harmony.  We want a Ruler, a King to make our choices for us.  We want to be fat dumb and happy and we don’t want to be bothered with personal choices that draw us anywhere near the white hot smelter that forces the dross out of our lack luster souls.  We don’t wish to shine as individuals – we wish to dine like hogs at the trough and screw like dogs in the alley.

Thank goodness there is no place in this modern world for the inspired individual; take his guns away, take his words away and, well… just take him and his selfish independent minded family away, we have to make room for the coming anti-christ King of Peace.

• Upvote 4

"Terrorized" by people with no physical weapons.....sounds weak.    <_<   I'm constantly amazed by people that just want to be left alone......spend so much time getting other people involved.   :blink: 

GO RV, then BV

Words are weapons. Lies are weapons. False police reports are weapons. Why should a law abiding person be subjected to search and siezures because of vindictive lying people.

• Upvote 2

Words are weapons. Lies are weapons. False police reports are weapons. Why should a law abiding person be subjected to search and siezures because of vindictive lying people.

What's to say the "vindictive lying" person you speak of isn't some young married mother of a toddler playing in the front yard, and some unfamiliar person open carrying is walking her way down the street?  Should she just let it ride and take her chances?...move into the house and call 911?....or pull a glock out of the toddlers huggies and stand her ground?  Remember, all people are law-abiding citizens until they choose not to be.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1

Free people keep governments in check by maintaining their right to keep and bear arms.  This bothers those who wish to be governed by elites – they rally in the streets and cry out for more sweet bread and to be ruled; Rule us, rule us, they sing in discordant harmony.  We want a Ruler, a King to make our choices for us.  We want to be fat dumb and happy and we don’t want to be bothered with personal choices that draw us anywhere near the white hot smelter that forces the dross out of our lack luster souls.  We don’t wish to shine as individuals – we wish to dine like hogs at the trough and screw like dogs in the alley.

Thank goodness there is no place in this modern world for the inspired individual; take his guns away, take his words away and, well… just take him and his selfish independent minded family away, we have to make room for the coming anti-christ King of Peace.

Screw like dogs in the alley.

Really George ?

hahahahahahaha   

All kidding aside great post George. 

You cant change the sheeple mentality 

One day like lemmings they will follow one another off the cliff. 

What's to say the "vindictive lying" person you speak of isn't some young married mother of a toddler playing in the front yard, and some unfamiliar person open carrying is walking her way down the street?  Should she just let it ride and take her chances?...move into the house and call 911?....or pull a glock out of the toddlers huggies and stand her ground?  Remember, all people are law-abiding citizens until they choose not to be.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

Unless he`s frothing at the mouth yes.  It should be normal to see people wearing weapons.  Just the other day some dude was pumping gas and was carrying a 45 .  I just didnt think nothing of it. My 45 was concealed at the time.  why shouldnt he be carrying one too. I like the idea that more and more people are carring guns.  

• Upvote 3

***///

The anti-gun zealots believe that the guns are doin' all the killin' and they want them all rounded up and thrown in jail !

..."Bad guns !  Shame on you, guns !  Oh, gun, what were you thinkin'..?!..."

And because the guns are not listening to them and turning themselves in in record numbers,

now the anti-gun zealots want the guns' human families to turn themselves in with the guns,

or else they'll call the cops on 'em and have the Cops drag 'em off for them..?...!

what the anti-gun zealots are doing to this Republic and Her Patriots is dark, very, very dark indeed.....

INSANE ! :eek:  Anti-gun lobbyists  need psychological help. :surgeon: 

• Upvote 1

Unless he`s frothing at the mouth yes.  It should be normal to see people wearing weapons.  Just the other day some dude was pumping gas and was carrying a 45 .  I just didnt think nothing of it. My 45 was concealed at the time.  why shouldnt he be carrying one too. I like the idea that more and more people are carring guns.  

Until they enforce the laws on the books, shore up the mental illness screening, and fix the gun show issue.....I can't completely agree with you, Dog.  Hopefully one day those things will be solved and guns will be common place among the masses, with little chance of incident.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

Until they enforce the laws on the books, shore up the mental illness screening, and fix the gun show issue.....I can't completely agree with you, Dog.  Hopefully one day those things will be solved and guns will be common place among the masses, with little chance of incident.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

In a perfect world that would great shabs. But bad people will always be around. Nope thats never gonna change. 

Im not a bad person but if my gun scares people theirs just nothing I can do about that.    

• Upvote 3

"Terrorized" by people with no physical weapons.....sounds weak.    <_<   I'm constantly amazed by people that just want to be left alone......spend so much time getting other people involved.   :blink: 

GO RV, then BV

Words have consequences.  I remind you of the story of a black man being shot by police in a Ohio Walmart last year.  Turns out that the 911 caller, Ronald Ritchie, lied about the deceased, John Crawford III, being a menace with a gun (actually an air rifle he was going to purchase) and pointing it at children.  His lies to the dispatcher lead the responding officer to shoot and kill Crawford (and a sad side note, the mother of the two children Crawford was falsely accused of pointing the gun at died of a heart attack during the melee).

So this one incident of lying about someone holding a gun being a threat directly lead to the deaths of two innocent people.

'It was a crank call': family seeks action against 911 caller in Walmart shooting

Jon Swaine in New York

The family of a young black man who was killed by police in an Ohio Walmart while holding an unloaded BB rifle and speaking on his cellphone have called for action to be taken against a 911 caller who claimed he was pointing the gun at people.

John Crawford III was shot dead last month by an officer responding to an emergency call made by Ronald Ritchie, a shopper standing 100ft away, who repeatedly stated to the dispatcher that Crawford was pointing the air rifle at customers.

Surveillance footage and audio recordings released after a grand jury declined to indict the officer who shot Crawford showed that Crawford was holding the rifle at his side and pointing it to the floor at the time when Ritchie alleged that “he just pointed it at, like, two children”.

Crawford’s father and the family’s attorney said that Ritchie, 24, should be questioned by police over the discrepancy between the footage and his allegation, which he made about 80 seconds before Crawford was shot, and confirmed when asked soon after. Knowingly “making false alarms” is a crime under Ohio law punishable by a fine or jail sentence.

“He was the catalyst, if you will, in the whole sequence of events leading up to my son’s death,” John Crawford Jr told the Guardian. “It was a crank call. He excited the call, and exaggerated the call, and frankly it was just a bunch of lies.”

Ritchie declined to comment in an online message on Friday. He has previously maintained that Crawford posed a threat to shoppers and that the 911 call was justified.

Special prosecutor Mark Piepmeier stressed on Wednesday that the responding police officers were led to understand that Crawford was an active threat. One even called back to the dispatcher to check that the 911 caller said Crawford was pointing the rifle at people. “If he’s not there, we may not be here,” Piepmeier said of Ritchie at a press conference.

Michael Wright, the attorney for the Crawford family, said Ritchie “should be questioned on why the footage and what he said does not match”. Wright said: “He’s basically lying with the dispatchers, he’s making up the story. So should he be prosecuted? Yes, I believe so.”

Ritchie had said of Crawford near the start of his 911 call: “He’s, like, pointing it at people.” He subsequently told the Guardian that “at no point did [Crawford] shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody”, stressing instead that he had been “waving it around” and that the muzzle moved in the direction of other shoppers.

The surveillance footage released on Wednesday shows Crawford passing shoppers with the gun at his side. After arriving in a corner of the store, he is seen swinging the rifle at his side and holding it towards a store shelf containing pet products while standing alone and talking on his cellphone for five minutes.

The children who Ritchie appeared to claim were under threat from Crawford were in the store with their mother, Angela Williams. Williams, 37, died of a heart attack in the panic that ensued among customers following the police shooting. “I hope that he’s happy with himself,” her teenage son said of Ritchie in a Facebook post earlier this month.

Ritchie also told several reporters after the shooting that he was an “ex-marine”. The Guardian disclosed last month that he was thrown out after seven weeks in 2008, after being declared a “fraudulent enlistment”. He states that the problem was a mix-up in his paperwork.

In January 2012, Ritchie pleaded guilty in the Montgomery County municipal court to theft. All records of the incident have been expunged by the court and the Huber Heights police department. In 2010 he was fined $250 and given a year’s probation after being convicted by Miamisburg municipal court of possession of drug paraphernalia.

Ritchie and his wife, April, have not spoken publicly since his Guardian interview. Both have changed their names on social media. The day before he called 911 about Crawford, Ritchie posted a meme on his Facebook page featuring the comedian Gabriel Iglesias. “Me, racist? The only race I hate is the one you have to run,” it read. The post has since been removed.

One month later, Ritchie shared with his friends a story from the Tea Party News Network about a group of black men assaulting a white couple in Missouri. The story condemned President Barack Obama and Eric Holder, the attorney general, for ignoring the attack after speaking publicly about the killing of Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old, in Ferguson, Missouri, last month. It described them as “race hustlers”.

April Ritchie told reporters following the Walmart shooting that she had warned other shoppers to avoid Crawford in the store. When the Guardian requested an interview with April Ritchie via social media, she replied in a message that she was not April Ritchie. After being reminded that she was, she threatened to “contact the police and file harassment charges”.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/26/walmart-ohio-shooting-charges-911-calller-john-crawford

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

As Slim Pickins said,

• Upvote 1

Screw like dogs in the alley.

Really George ?

hahahahahahaha   

All kidding aside great post George. 

You cant change the sheeple mentality 

One day like lemmings they will follow one another off the cliff. 

Sad but true...

• Upvote 1