Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Louisiana trooper dies after being shot in head

RV ME

All the prayers in the world could not counter the effect of 00 buckshot to the face.  RIP Trooper Steven Vincent.  I certainly hope the killer Kevin Daigle experiences what he told Trooper Vincent in that he dies soon, very soon.  RV ME

A Louisiana state trooper died Monday from injuries he suffered when he was shot in the head Sunday afternoon by a man whose pickup truck had run into a ditch, and who got out of the truck with a sawed-off shotgun.

"As an organization, we are heartbroken over this senseless and tragic death," the police department wrote in a Facebook post.

Police video showed 43-year-old Senior Trooper Steven Vincent, a 13-year state police veteran in southwest Louisiana and member of a law enforcement family, trying to talk a man out of the vehicle stuck sideways in a ditch, Col. Mike Edmonson said Sunday night.

He said the truck door opened and the man, identified as Kevin Daigle, 54, of Lake Charles, came out with the shotgun.

"That shotgun wasn't to do anything else but hurt someone. Kill someone," Edmonson said during a news conference late Sunday.

He said the tape shows the shotgun blast. "I saw my trooper go backwards and back toward his unit, where he was going to try to get some help out there," Edmonson said.

At least two or three buckshot pellets hit Vincent, doing major damage. "His brain is not telling his body what to do," Edmonson said.

After the shooting, he said, Daigle wandered into the road and over to Vincent, asking if he was alive.

"You could hear him breathing, telling him, `You're lucky. You're lucky -- you're going to die soon.' That's the words that came out of his mouth," Edmonson said.

He said two or three drivers stopped immediately, one of them making a quick turnaround on the two-lane highway.

That driver wrestled the shotgun away from Daigle, and, with the others, got him to the ground, and snapped Vincent's handcuffs on his wrists, Edmonson said. As far as he knew, he said, the good Samaritans were unhurt.

Edmonson said Daigle had "numerous DWIs" and other arrests that he wouldn't discuss because he didn't know whether they resulted in convictions. Daigle faces charges including attempted first-degree murder of a police officer, Edmonson said.

Sgt. James Anderson, southwest Louisiana spokesman for state police, said Daigle also was in a hospital.

"He struggled with the guys who came to assist -- had some scrapes on him and so on," Anderson said.

Anderson said police had received calls Sunday about a maroon Dodge pickup truck with a camper shell that was driving erratically. A bit later, it was reported in a ditch. The trooper got to the truck at 2:43 p.m., Anderson said.

Earlier, Edmonson wrote about the shooting on the department's Facebook page. The message's subject line was "Trooper Critically Injured -- Prayers Needed."

"Please take a moment from your Sunday afternoon to send prayers and well wishes to the Trooper and his family in this critical time," Edmonson wrote.

Within an hour, 5,100 people had shared the post and nearly 2,000 had posted messages saying they were praying.

Edmonson said Vincent had a wife and a 9-year-old son. Edmonson said one of Vincent's brothers is also a state trooper and another is police chief in the nearby town of Iowa.

"His family lives and breathes law enforcement," Edmonson said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/24/police-trooper-shot-critically-injured-during-traffic-stop/?intcmp=hpbt2

• Upvote 1

Just another example of a poor innocent citizen just minding their own business on a public roadway and getting harrassed by a badge heavy cop...not!  

Another good man lost his life while trying to do his job keeping the citizens safe. You police haters must be estatic about this.

I pray for his poor wife and child that are now without a husband and father.

RIP, my brother!

• Upvote 1