Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Requests

tankdude

I found out yesterday that our PattyAngel lost her father. She has been dealing with a number of challenges in her life recently, and I know I can count on the DV family to send prayers of love and strength her way. Thanks in advance.

Eternal rest grant unto him oh Lord. Let perpetual light shine upon him, and may he rest in peace. Grant PattyAngel and her family comfort and strength in this time of mourning. Send them Your love and hope. Amen

• Upvote 12

Some losses mark the end of a personal life-era.  The loss of a parent is one of these.  When a parent dies, we are forcefully made aware that life does, indeed, march on, and no matter what our own wishes may be, we go with it. Our grieving is compounded because we not only lose a much loved family member, but we are also thrust into the role of being the family matriarch/patriarch, or simply the next one in line to go. We know we will never be a child in the eyes of the deceased parent--ever again.  A parental loss not only robs us of a beloved parent who we had somehow just felt would always be with us. It also forces us to take a reluctant step forward into our own mortality.

PattyAnn, I am so sorry you lost your dad.  No one has truly comforting words, at least not any that actually ease our pain in such a monumental time. I wish I could say or do something to make this easier for you, but like all of us here, all I can do is to sit outside of your real-life, and reach across time and space to tell you how truly sorry I am that you lost your dad.  God Bless you and yours, my friend.  Francie26

• Upvote 2

The lost of a brother, a brother-In-Law and now a father can be heavy on your heart, I know you know that the Lord is your comfort and strength, your example on DV has shown compassionatley for so many.  Thank you dear PattyAngel for being with us in our needs, now we will be at your side with prayers.... hear His whispers of love for you and your family.  Your father is at rest, and in the best arms ever. :)

May the Peace of God, be always with you.

Edited by DinarCash
  • Upvote 3

Tankdude, thank you for your sincere kindness!!!!

Thank you all for your words of comfort and prayers.  The strength I received from each of you will not be forgotten. My heart holds a special place for each of my DV friends. 

We laid him to rest on Friday, at the National Cemetery, the weather was beautiful, although the day before we had some storms roll in.  God allowed the heavens to rest so we could enjoy the remaining service for my father.

He had 21 gun salute, taps and folding of the American flag, flag then presented to my mother.  How proud I felt!!! I tried to be strong, but the tears rolled down my cheeks like a little girl wanting to hold her daddy one more time.  But instead I held close to my Mother, I became her angel on that day.   She has dementia, and one day she may not remember this, and not remember me, but for now, I watch her tried to be the strong women I have known her to be. She struggle a bit, but what wife of 67 years not struggle.   She knows that we love her, she is not alone, we will continue to care for her as we promised my father.    

For a month I stood vigil at his side, along with my other siblings. I don't know if you can understand this, but I was humbled, and filled with joy throughout the process of caring for him.  I felt honored to be his child and to be given the chance to care for him at his home.  I felt no hardship, nothing but compassion in helping him enter the spiritual realm. 

As we gathered around a few days before he past, his last words to his children were that, "he loved us, and thanked us for taking care of him."

I was at his side, I saw his last heart beat, he is at peace. 

My heart may be broken for a time, but in the end we will be together. 

Thank you everyone and God Bless!!!!

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

Hello DV family, I like coming here for strength, along with reading all your beautiful words of encouragement. 

As I sit here in silence, and this silence is golden, when its filled with beautiful words to lean on I find myself once again for your prayers.  The strength that is receive from my DV family is indescribable, words can not express the calmness and peace I feel when I call upon you all.   

My oldest brother goes for a biopsy on Wednesday, to see if cancer is occurring on his kidneys. 

Sometimes I feel like Job, in the Book of Job. 

Within almost a years time, I have lost, a brother-in-law in October, my sweet brother in December, my father in August, and as my mothers condition of dementia  escalates I feel I have lost her.  

As Job keeping his faith in God, I to do not lose faith, through our Lord Jesus Christ I will be strong. 

Please give me your prayers and in return know that I pray for you all here. 

Thank you so much for loving hearts of love.  May God shower you with His graces that you all need to fulfill your works in Christ. 

• Upvote 6

"Thank you so much for loving hearts of love.  May God shower you with His graces that you all need to fulfill your works in Christ." 

You have been a Blessing to many here, including myself, since I first came to this site.

There are times the true meaning your words will hit me like a brick, and I am rocked by the strength and humility of your faith.

Prayer sent.

• Upvote 3