Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Economist: deletion of zeros from the currency will reduce the dollar traded in the local market

yota691

I don't think Iraq really knows what's best for itself anymore…

I highly doubt that. They have a swath of global financial and economic experts in the World Bank and the U.S. to guide them.

He's right about one thing and that is the Dinar needs to be worth something substantial for people to dump the U.S. currency in favor of their own.  However, you don't need to be a financial expert with a degree and an opinion to know this. It's basic economics 101 and everyone knows this.

Yes OT... but that's the problem with lopping the three zeros from the notes (as per this article)... not what we want... and not really a good starting point.  According to that formula, they're already at 3:1 ($3 to 1 dinar).  We need the "removal" to be from the decimals, not the paper!  This has been an ongoing contention...  Thank goodness, this article is just an opinion piece!

Correction to my ratio correlation:  3:1 (just triple the existing value), not $3 to 1 dinar, unfortunately!

Edited by Jaxinjersey

Laid Back....

I think I accidentally hit the 'report' button on your post--sorry--not intentional.

What is your interpretation of the 75=25,000 and what do you think the exchange will be under this possible option?

Oh, and what does "om sai ram" mean above your avatar?

Edited by climber7
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Laid Back....

I think I accidentally hit the 'report' button on your post--sorry--not intentional.

What is your interpretation of the 75=25,000 and what do you think the exchange will be under this possible option?

Oh, and what does "om sai ram" mean above your avatar?

In this article they're talking about removing the 000 from the note.

25000 note minus 000 = 25dinar and then increasing the value of the dinar to $3

25 x $3 = $75

In this scenario we just triple our initial investment.

I agree with Jaygo. If they want the citizens to start using the dinar, they have to increase the value before deleting the 000 to $1:1 or $1:1+

Dollarize.... Increase exchange rate... Dedollarize

Just my humble opinion.

Om sai ram is a Hindu mantra.

Edited by Laid Back
  • Upvote 4

They would commit political suicide by removing the zeros from the notes. Too many countries hold their currency. They could of done this 10 years ago without economic reform.

POLITICAL SUICIDE? 

I think it would be better for them if they just put a gun against there heads and 

pulled the trigger themselves. Folks what is becoming clearer every day is the unseen hand

behind all this. And it's not for a little matter that so many are involved. 

"...  25 dinars Vstsawi of $ 75  this is clearly 3 to 1

using the above 1,000,000 DINARS would be worth 3,000,000 DOLLARS

That is correct. And until your post I wasn't going to respond to a subject that is 

so far beyond  :deadhorse: ​ But IMHO this is a far more plausible reality than anyone 

is willing to admit.  

• Upvote 1

Dogsurtra

Are you disputing saying the interpretation above by LB and AAANTH is wrong? And if so......you're saying we would only cash in 3,000 for a million dinars,correct?

I'm just verifying......not picking a quarrel

Hi Climber...  we need to read ALL posts in this thread, some of which clarify this.  I don't know why people only latch onto one or two of them!

So, unfortunately... yes, 1 million dinar would only be worth about $3,000.00.  They're talking about a 25k note, not a 25 note.

• Upvote 2

Here is my math on the subject. Where am I wrong?   1,000,000/25000 =  40   physical notes which a lot of us have. 40 X $75 = $3,000   If my math is correct, that ain't anywhere close to a 1 to 1 let alone a 3 to 1. It means that for round figures, those who paid $1,000 for each million dinar will have tripled their investment. Good but not even close to a 1 to 1 reval, or even a 0.50 to 1 reval, we have all been hoping for.

Here is my math on the subject. Where am I wrong?   1,000,000/25000 =  40   physical notes which a lot of us have. 40 X $75 = $3,000   If my math is correct, that ain't anywhere close to a 1 to 1 let alone a 3 to 1. It means that for round figures, those who paid $1,000 for each million dinar will have tripled their investment. Good but not even close to a 1 to 1 reval, or even a 0.50 to 1 reval, we have all been hoping for.

That's how I did my math too Kevin.  

And actually, if a 25k note is actually worth only $22, then the value conversion to $75 equals 3.4 factor (3.409 x 22 = 75)!  That would make $1000 investment worth $3,409.00 to be more exact.

ole KAP see"s it like this,

8-16-2015   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:  "Economist: deletion of zeros from the currency will reduce the dollar traded in the local market"  Quote:  "He explained that "the largest category of cash is Al25,000 dinars, which is equal to $ 22, in the case of deletion of zeros and converted to 25 dinars Vstsawi of $ 75, this process will give the larger size of the local currency and reduce the use of the dollar in the domestic market."  He wants a $3+ exchange rate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LGD,

the 25 note they speak of is our 25,000.00 note with the zero's removed.

making our 1.000,000.00 dinar     $ 3.000.00

no, actually it might make their 25k note 25 locally in iraq and then turnning that into $75 is great for us. because we're not in iraq and our notes are NOT in iraq.  our notes would still be worth thier value.  and according to this "economist" it's still coming out to $3.00 to 1 IQD for us.  but he is only an economist.  it's just his opinion.  he isn't the trigger guy.