Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trinity's Take: Are we watching an RV?

Sorry to say, but none of these 9 items have or are happening.  They nixed the tarriff laws and everything else is all talk, talk, talk.  Lofty plans that sound good but the GOI or CBI seem unable to move anything forward.  Hopefully Abadi can kick some more butt and get things rolling again - as usual, time will tell.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Sorry to say, but none of these 9 items have or are happening.  They nixed the tarriff laws and everything else is all talk, talk, talk.  Lofty plans that sound good but the GOI or CBI seem unable to move anything forward.  Hopefully Abadi can kick some more butt and get things rolling again - as usual, time will tell.

i respectfully disagree.  many of these items (not all) are either happening, will be re-attempted, or are seriously on the cards.  the only one that is suspect right now is rafidain & rasheed bank reformation.  

....here is something right on time....it is more than just talk my friend:

(*)  Aug 13 2015 

The legislation has been seen as a positive move towards raising the country's attractiveness among foreign investors. 

Iraq's parliament is expected to endorse in the coming week the new investment law in the hope of supporting the private sector, attracting more foreign investments, as well as ending corruption and red tape. 

The new law will include amendments to Law No. 2 of 2010, which amended Law No. 13 of 2006. The move comes as thousands of Iraqis took to the streets over the past days demanding political and economic reforms in the country. 

"The old law was not enough and it did not handle problems that the investment sector is facing in Iraq," said MP Najeeba Najeeb, member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee. "We held a number of meetings and conferences with local and foreign experts, and we have arrived at a conclusion that new legal amendments should be made." 

Najeeb pointed out that the old investment law provided more power to the central government, while also setting obstacles for foreign investors to acquire land in the country. 

"The amendments will decentralize the decision-making authority and streamline procedures so as to allow investors to acquire lands within 15 days," she added. 

Shaker Al Zameli, head of the Baghdad Investment Commission, said the previous legislation was not entirely repressive, as it gave investors the right to obtain project permits within 45 days and offered a three-year tax exemption. However, he admitted that administrative corruption and bureaucracy have hindered the law's implementation. 

"Amendments in the new law are a step in the right direction, especially since these will give investors the right to refer to international arbitration if necessary. The old law lacked this provision," Al Zameli said. 

He also revealed that the number of investment projects in Iraq since 2010 reached 320, valued at about USD 15 billion. 

MP Mithaq Al Hamidi, another member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, said the existing law contains several impediments to attracting investments. She welcomed the new law's endorsement next week, "along with other political and legislative reforms".                
Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Trinity...i said this a few weeks back.....you bring a lot to the table and we appreciate ya!!!

I see movement in what you are saying...i also say that none of this is "just now happening" this has been in the works for a while...Abadi is working hard and moving Iraq forward

Again my friend..thank you

• Upvote 7

Well thought out Trinity, your capabilities to process the information coming from the news you and we read are accurate. We have seen progress on a constant basis, and lets not forget about the issues and news we DON'T get to see that perhaps go on behind closed doors. Iraq must give power to its currency and make it worth foreign investment, that coupled with its own citizens being able to purchase a life they so deserve. This is a carefully orchestrated game of chess, with the entire world watching and waiting to see the outcome. Their is so much at stake here, not just us here in DV but the future of a entire nation. I am convinced this will mature into what we all hope for, we just have to hang in there and let the powers that be do what they must. The signs are there, oil is flowing, money is moving, investments happening, GOI in place, banking system coming on line, criminals from the past being eradicated and on and on....

Thanks for your post and insight, as someone said, "your 2 cents have much more value" and is very much appreciated.

• Upvote 3

What we are watching is slower than watching an oak tree grow.the tree will be grown and dead by the time the RV happens.

if you don't mind me asking, how long does it typically take for a country to transition from a totalitarian state where the economy is entirely controlled by government to a fully democratic one with a free market economy and free floating currency?

i have asked myself this question many times and the more i questioned myself the more i realized that my initial expectations were heavily shaped by the rv propaganda of gurus.  as time progressed and i began to study the topic for myself, i realized the difficulties that lie ahead of real regime change.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well informed post.

However...any shift in political and economic power (money) goes back to the US dollar. That won't change.

Forget the infrastructure for a moment...The lack if electricity, etc...The US knew this would be the result. Maliki was a tool that went south emotionally in the end, but do you really believe the US would let the power axis (money) shift literally overnight?

I day trade...it's all supply and demand, the dinar needs something to back it plain and simple. Iraq will take YEARS not a couple weeks to restructure what The US basically demolished in 2003.

I want to be wrong, but like you TX, I remain grounded, and will continue to let people know they should do the same. People's emotions are what leads to lack of disciplined thinking. I've learned that over time, and hope people read this with an open mind. Thanks.

• Upvote 2

What we are watching is slower than watching an oak tree grow.the tree will be grown and dead by the time the RV happens.

Ya But Iraq Is In The Desert Where They Grow Palm Trees Which Actually Grow Much Faster ! B)

Google It - It's True ! ;)

And If U Can Prove The Clown Wrong - U Get To Pick Ur Prize ! :o

carnivalprize.jpg

:D     :D     :D

• Upvote 2

Well Prof, a college education and it didn't even cost $200,000.00

if you don't mind me asking, how long does it typically take for a country to transition from a totalitarian state where the economy is entirely controlled by government to a fully democratic one with a free market economy and free floating currency?

i have asked myself this question many times and the more i questioned myself the more i realized that my initial expectations were heavily shaped by the rv propaganda of gurus.  as time progressed and i began to study the topic for myself, i realized the difficulties that lie ahead of real regime change.

Japan still hasn't come back to pre WW2, if you were to ask the

Average person on the street. Neither has Germany, though I

suspect the Rothschild's may think different.

Ya But Iraq Is In The Desert Where They Grow Palm Trees Which Actually Grow Much Faster ! B)

Google It - It's True ! ;)

And If U Can Prove The Clown Wrong - U Get To Pick Ur Prize ! :o

carnivalprize.jpg

:D     :D     :D

NO ONE PROVES DA CLOWN WRONG. LOL

Not even da fly.

• Upvote 2

Sandfly Trinity...it's been said you can look smarter by surrounding yourself with smart people....lol, looks like I got that one covered!!! ;o) Excellent analysis!

Thugs....I'll take one of them thar prizes...but like LGD I'm not gonna try and take them odds...I just figured maybe we can get one of them for the price of a twelve pack...or so!!! ;o)

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

I wish I had an answer for your question,Trinity.I believe Iraq is trying to get out of paying billions of dollars to holders of the current currency.that just makes common sense.I wouldn't pay $20 for something I could get for a dollar.too many obstacles for Iraq to RV anytime soon.I DO BELEIVE that Iraq WILL do an RV at 1 to 1 but only after they print a new currency or delete the zero's from current currency.why would you pay $25,000 for a bill when you could pay $25.China RV'ed their currency 3 times so far this WEEK..so as far as Iraq goes,it has been 10 plus years now,so who knows?like Adam has stated more than once Iraq DOES NOT have to RV at all.

• Upvote 1