Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Solutions For you ISX Swing Traders

this may not be new knowledge for some but it is for me and i thought i would share with my friends.  since going from a buy & hold strategy to a swing trader investment strategy on the isx, i have come into difficulty finding good technical analysis tools.  it just seems as if no one out there is including the isx60 in the data links of their software.  the only tools available are so rudimentary namely mubasher's charts and the charts provided over at iraqstockx (which quit updating sometime in april 2015).  so basically nothing existed for anyone looking to study charts with the application of indicators and trending tools (bollinger bands, stochastics, macd, etc...)  

there is directfn that we have discussed in the past.  they provide both an online tool and an application.  the online tool is 50% the cost of their application and does not provide any charting capabilities.  the application is pretty good though.  both solutions allow for live feeds during the trading day for those who don't mind watching the market from 12-2am PST.  the online tool is appox $250/yr while the application is $500/yr.  this price is solely for the isx.  as other exchanges are added, the price increases.  $500/yr is a little steep for my blood though for just charting capabilities.  i can see if the application is $500 and then there is a yearly subscription for feed data.  

here is my excitement in all of this.  metastock is now adding the isx to the chart list.  metastock is one of the premier tools out there (top 5).  they are even running a 3 month subscription for the price of 1 month.  prices vary according to the exchanges desired.  for the isx the price is $59/mo.  another option is to purchase the application for $450 and then pay $240/yr for a subscription (or $25/mo) for feed data.  metastock's charting tools and capabilities are hands down some of the best out there.  the only problem is that i can't get the isx data to display.  i've been in contact with them and they forwarded me some information that i will try out tonight.  i hope this goes well.  if so, this will be my solution moving forward or at least until the free charting tools finally feed isx data.  

i just thought i would share that for anyone interested.  i searched for hours to get this information and hope to save someone else time and effort.

Me and you TX...just as soon as can unload my holdings in the ISX I never want to hear the word Iraq again. Just let it RV at .10 an Warka gets back online, those big sells you see will be mine...lol

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

here is my excitement in all of this.  metastock is now adding the isx to the chart list.  metastock is one of the premier tools out there (top 5).  they are even running a 3 month subscription for the price of 1 month.  prices vary according to the exchanges desired.  for the isx the price is $59/mo.  another option is to purchase the application for $450 and then pay $240/yr for a subscription (or $25/mo) for feed data.  metastock's charting tools and capabilities are hands down some of the best out there.  the only problem is that i can't get the isx data to display.  i've been in contact with them and they forwarded me some information that i will try out tonight.  i hope this goes well.  if so, this will be my solution moving forward or at least until the free charting tools finally feed isx data.  

i just thought i would share that for anyone interested.  i searched for hours to get this information and hope to save someone else time and effort.

update - i entered a trouble ticket with metastock concerning the isx not displaying.  they have fixed the problem.  i now have full charting capability with metastock 14 for the isx.  yipee!