Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly - 15 July, 2015

Adam Montana

Thanks Adam.  I just got a letter saying that Congressman Serrano is secretly working on changing the 22nd amendment of our Constitutiion so that Obama runs for a third term.  Do you think if this happens that will affect the RV?  And the fact that their is something brewing for Oct. 20th to change our currency is very scary too.  Nidya :(

Thanks Adam.  I just got a letter saying that Congressman Serrano is secretly working on changing the 22nd amendment of our Constitutiion so that Obama runs for a third term.  Do you think if this happens that will affect the RV?  And the fact that their is something brewing for Oct. 20th to change our currency is very scary too.  Nidya :(

he may of got a letter,

it was signed Luigi

weird

• Upvote 1

Ditto. Along with the source, so we can determine credibility. :twothumbs:

"The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures." Let's hope that THIS proposed change, if in actuality does indeed exist, will not meet the required 2/3's majority vote by any means, especially with the GOP controlled House. But Obamination has STILL been able to do what he wants quite a bit. If Congressman Serrano is actually working in secret to propose this change, it's telling that he needs to do it in secret. Just like ObummerCare, remember this? Pelosi: "We need to pass it to see what's in it!" Hmmmm

This is a snippet from snopes.com - don't normally quote them but it is backed up by a simple google search.

Although Rep. Serrano may be a Democrat, the rhetoric quoted above stating that the purpose of his proposal for repealing the 22nd amendment is specifically to "pave the way to make Barack Obama president for life" is not supported by the facts. Rep. Serrano has introduced the very same proposal to Congress every two years since 1997 (a total of nine times), regardless of which party was currently occupying the White House and starting well before Barack Obama became involved in national politics. On the first two occasions (in 1997 and 1999) the incumbent president was a Democrat (Bill Clinton); the next four occasions (200120032005, and again in 2007), were after the election of a Republican (George W. Bush). Rep. Serrano's 2013 bill is the third time he has proposed that same legislation to Congress since the election of Barack Obama, following similar efforts in 2009 and 2011

Likewise, another Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, introduced a similar proposal six times in recent years, also regardless of which party was currently occupying the White House. Hoyer introduced such proposals in 1995, 1997, and 1999 (all during the presidency of Bill Clinton), and again in 20012003, and 2005 (all during the presidency of George W. Bush). 

Other members of Congress who have offered similar proposals in the last twenty years include the following:

• Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts (Democrat): 1995, 1997, and 1999 (all during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Rep. David Dreier of California (Republican): 1997 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York (Democrat): 1995 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky (Republican): 1995 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Rep. Guy Vander Jagt of Michigan (Republican): 1991 (during the presidency of George H.W. Bush).
  • Rep. Martin Sabo of Minnesota (Democratic-Farmer-Labor): 1991 (during the presidency of George H.W. Bush).

According to our survey, not a single one of these proposals was ever so much as brought to a vote before Congress (they were all referred to committee and languished there), much less passed and sent to the states for ratification. 
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/termlimits.asp#PKOFZ47stFJ3BbFq.99

:cowboy2: 

• Upvote 1

This is a snippet from snopes.com - don't normally quote them but it is backed up by a simple google search.

Although Rep. Serrano may be a Democrat, the rhetoric quoted above stating that the purpose of his proposal for repealing the 22nd amendment is specifically to "pave the way to make Barack Obama president for life" is not supported by the facts. Rep. Serrano has introduced the very same proposal to Congress every two years since 1997 (a total of nine times), regardless of which party was currently occupying the White House and starting well before Barack Obama became involved in national politics. On the first two occasions (in 1997 and 1999) the incumbent president was a Democrat (Bill Clinton); the next four occasions (200120032005, and again in 2007), were after the election of a Republican (George W. Bush). Rep. Serrano's 2013 bill is the third time he has proposed that same legislation to Congress since the election of Barack Obama, following similar efforts in 2009 and 2011

Likewise, another Democrat, Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland, introduced a similar proposal six times in recent years, also regardless of which party was currently occupying the White House. Hoyer introduced such proposals in 1995, 1997, and 1999 (all during the presidency of Bill Clinton), and again in 20012003, and 2005 (all during the presidency of George W. Bush). 

Other members of Congress who have offered similar proposals in the last twenty years include the following:

• Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts (Democrat): 1995, 1997, and 1999 (all during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Rep. David Dreier of California (Republican): 1997 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York (Democrat): 1995 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky (Republican): 1995 (during the presidency of Bill Clinton).
  • Rep. Guy Vander Jagt of Michigan (Republican): 1991 (during the presidency of George H.W. Bush).
  • Rep. Martin Sabo of Minnesota (Democratic-Farmer-Labor): 1991 (during the presidency of George H.W. Bush).

According to our survey, not a single one of these proposals was ever so much as brought to a vote before Congress (they were all referred to committee and languished there), much less passed and sent to the states for ratification. 

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/termlimits.asp#PKOFZ47stFJ3BbFq.99

:cowboy2: 

Good info - regardless of who's in the White House, this was set up in such a way that NO ONE person could carry so much power as to basically be a dictatorial government. The 3 terms of FDR was where the people realized that serving this country for 2 terms was enough. However you want to word it, 2 terms is plenty for anyone. And as far as I'm concerned, term limits should go for members of congress too and anyone serving this country, and shouldn't be a career. Oh, and while we're at it, they should also be subject to the same laws they pass. If it's good for the goose.....

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Adam.... Iam trying to get in touch with you .. I want to donate to the Dom support project. I can not use my credit card because the bank changed cred card company and I can not change what you have in  your system.. Iam not computer savy  so please call me or send me a email how I can get touch and change the card info in your system...*************.thanks R.L.

Edited by paperboy
removed pers information.

rlontheroad - this is the wrong thread for the Dominica efforts.  And it has already ended.  The container was loaded yesterday and should be on it's way to Dominica.   But thanks for the thoughts anyway.   Maybe next time you will be able to jump in.   

Adam.... Iam trying to get in touch with you .. I want to donate to the Dom support project. I can not use my credit card because the bank changed cred card company and I can not change what you have in  your system.. Iam not computer savy  so please call me or send me a email how I can get touch and change the card info in your system...*************.thanks R.L.

PB is right, but we do thank you for your thoughts. 

You can always reach me via VIP@dinarvets.com (please don't use a yahoo email!)