Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Can’t Quite Use My New Password From Warka ~ Yet.

phlip

Can’t Quite Use My New Password From Warka ~ Yet.

Have you been able to confirm that 6 months interest has been deposited to your Warka Accounts?

My latest Warka password was due to expire on June 23rd, so on June 21st I logged in to my account, changed the password to a new one and logged out.

When I logged in again to validate the new password, I made sure to print my Warka Homepage, which clearly shows that my next password expiration date will be September 21st.

On June 29th I attempted to log in to my accounts to check if any interest had been deposited early, but I was unable to; and instead got that same message everybody else seems to be getting nowadays from Warka: “account expired, please contact the bank”.

On July 4th I sent an e-mail to Mr. Issa requesting his help in re-setting my password back to what I recently changed it to in order to get this latest September 21st expiration date.

I marked the 9/21/15 date on my printed Warka Homepage with red ink, scanned it into a pdf file and attached it to the email I sent to Mr. Issa just to be sure there was no doubt that my account had expired 3 months earlier than it was supposed to.

I also CC’d that same email, along with the pdf attachment, to Ashraf Amr in Warka’s E-banking Department ~ as per the protocol requested on the Warka website.

Since June 29th I’ve attempted to log in everyday, but kept getting that same “account expired” message ~ until July 6th.

On July 6th, when I tried to log in to see if Mr. Issa had done anything about my password without telling me about it, I got the message that said “wrong password”.

So, now my latest (valid) password and any previous passwords no longer worked ~ even just to log in temporarily long enough to change to an even newer password.

It’s as if I never had a password at all, and I became completely at the mercy of Warka Bank Staff answering my e-mails (or not) when I asked for a reset password.

The anxiety about whether or not I was ever going to get an answer to my email will, unfortunately, always be a little bit there; but to have a proven password go from providing valid access, to getting the message “account has expired, please contact the bank” to getting the message “wrong password” in just 2 short weeks was even more disconcerting.

It’s especially curious that this should happen for no apparent reason just as our 6 months of compounded interest is due.

Despite coming from a position of having positive proof (via a time dated hard copy printed page showing that I had indeed complied with renewing my password inside of the 3 month time limit), I still seem to have to undergo what feels like a random security check by Warka to keep the onus of re-confirming who I am on me.

It also feels like I have to keep proving to Warka that I’m still interested enough in the savings account amounts (plus the continually compounded interest being deposited) to keep chasing my only access to those funds by way of an active password.

Whatever the case, I’m certainly not going to give up on that dough, which I’ve tried to help grow with fairly significant Certificates of Deposit ~ when those were still available.

In the past, I’ve experienced the ability to wire funds to and from Warka; along with a relatively robust net growth from the CD’s and I’m not ready to abandon that same offshore account possibility becoming a reality again. Not yet, anyway.

On July 9th I got a reply email with my new temporary password from Laith Alamir in Warka’s E-banking Department only 5 business days after emailing the original request.

Note: use (e-bank.ms) instead of just (e-bank) for his Warka email address.

From the connected e-mail chain I received, I can see that Mr. Issa simply forwarded my 1st email to Laith Alamir (with a CC to me); and then, Laith Alamir designated a new online password for me and replied back to Mr. Issa’s email with it.

Mr. Issa then replied back to my 1st email with the whole chain attached; including my new (temporary) online password.

Of course, I immediately tried to log in to use the temporary password that Laith Alamir sent me in order to change back to my own password and to check my interest deposits; and of course, the Warka online access first page was just being revised and didn’t work enough to get me properly to the next step in the log-in security process.

The revision Warka is doing seems to be that they are trying to provide the General Security Disclaimer (the first page that everyone comes to at the very start of the on line security protocol for logging in to a Warka account) in both English and Arabic; instead of just in Arabic.

I guess I’ll just have to wait until they are finished with their latest on–line access revision before I can actually get in there, change my password and verify that my accounts have grown another 3% over the last six months.

I wonder how many Warka account holders have experienced this same untimely message routine just recently.

I wonder how many Warka account holders have been able to access their accounts at any time after June 30th 2015 and have also actually witnessed 6 months’ worth of interest being deposited ~ just like last year at this time and just like six months ago.

IMO, it seems as though that right now sharing (detailed) knowledge on how to get a reset password from Warka is one of the most important things to consider to help any and all Warka Account holders; especially because there doesn’t seem to be any legitimate reason/cause for suddenly getting locked out of a Warka Account.

It can happen any time to anyone.

Below is the English translation of the General Security Disclaimer on the very first page of the current Warka online security protocol.

You’re supposed to read it and then click that you agree with the disclaimer before being allowed to proceed to the 2nd page of the current Warka online security protocol ~ which asks for Client ID and a repeat of an encrypted 4 digit code being displayed.

That page currently doesn’t display the encrypted 4 digit code; and so, just at the time I tried to log-in I couldn’t quite proceed with the process.

Gee, what are the chances, eh?

Warka’s General Security Disclaimer sounds pretty standard for all online accounts nowadays, including foreign, but IMO it still pays to periodically review standard banking security protocol which is certainly expected of grown-ups managing legitimate overseas accounts on line.

Anyway, here it is:

In addition to the strict security measures our Internet Banking Service applies, you have a critical role to play in protecting the privacy of your account information and safeguarding your money.

We wish to draw your attention to the following tips to ensure utmost privacy and confidentiality of your online Banking experience.

Select a user name and password that are difficult for others to guess. Do not associate your password with anything personal such as birthdays, names, phone numbers or other familiar words or numbers. Choose password that contains letters, numbers and special characters.

Change your password on a regular basis.

Keep your personal and / or banking information (e.g. User name, password, Credit card number,... etc) confidential. Your PIN / Password should be memorized and not recorded anywhere.

Avoid accessing Internet Banking Service from Internet Cafes or public places.

You should always be careful when receiving unsolicited emails asking you to disclose any personal or banking details. Warka Bank will never ask you for such details (e.g. User name, password, Credit card number,... etc) through email. If you receive such a request, do not respond and please report it to us immediately.

To access Warka Bank Internet Banking Service, use the Logon button on the homepage. Never follow a link received by email to access the Internet Banking Service.

Whenever you log on to Internet Banking, verify the last access date & time displayed at the left corner on the top of the page.

Always remember to log out using the "Log Off" and never leave the PC unattended when logged on.

When logging on to Warka Bank Internet Banking site, look for the Security Certificate before entering the User name & Password. To view the security certificate, click on the "lock" icon at the bottom of the page if you are using Internet Explorer. For Netscape browser users, you can view the certificate by selecting Security Info under Communicator - Tools.

Check your account balances and statements regularly to ensure your accounts have not been accessed by anyone else and to identify any unusual transactions.

Beware of emails offering you the chance to make easy money in exchange of services & / or using your account to transfer large amounts to. Do business only with companies / individuals you know and trust.

This is not a comprehensive list of security measures, it is an advisory note issued to increase your security awareness without any liability whatsoever on the Bank.

Hopefully, when I’m able to log in again, the new password will still be valid and I’ll be back in business without a hitch, but only time will tell.

All in all I’m certainly gratified to get a responsible, timely email reply back from Warka; especially when I’ve put in a legitimate request.

As anyone with a Warka account can testify, it doesn’t always turn out that way. 

I've been having very similar issues with the latest one being that no captcha is displaying and there are server errors appearing ... I'm thinking everyone is having issues... sadly the only thing we can do is wait... I do think they will get things working soon and we will be able to see our interest...

We are experiencing the same thing. Just waiting for Warka to resolve these issues. I do know that a friend of ours did review their account prior to the server issue, and they did receive their interest.

Since the Warka log-in page has been repaired and now functions properly, I was able to log in to my Warka Account using the temporary password that Laith Alamir of Warka’s E-banking Department sent to Mohammad K Issa who sent it to me.

I immediately printed that 1st Homepage to my Warka Accounts because it clearly shows that last date that I logged in to my account, plus my new password expiration date.

Then I clicked on Inquiries so that I could click on the Internet Statement button.

I viewed and printed a statement for both my IQD and my USD account showing all activity over the past 40 days.

IQD interest came in at 2.5% for 6 months, giving an expected Annual Compounded Net of 5%

USD interest came in at 1.0% for 6 months, giving an expected Annual Compounded Net of 2%

Since we still can’t move excess dollars into our IQD accounts under the Wire Transfers option (which is usually a button under the Inquiries button), I felt that printing those pages was the best I could do to verify the accounts now as still being active.

I clicked on Maintain Clients Information and changed my temporary Warka issued password back to my own and logged out.

Have logged in several times since ~ just for drill.

I certainly noticed that my new password expiration date is a year away now, instead of just 3 months like it has been lately and I'm happy about that.

Of course, I can change it any time and get another year later expiration date, but I like that I don’t have to for at least a year if things turn out that way.

Warka Online is  back and working.

I've emailed these people seven or eight times now and they have yet to renew my online access. I'm using the same procedure I've used several times now and no response. I know this is typical with these clowns. They really should just renew the account and take the fee when ever it comes up. Why the hassle?, but then again this is Iraq... They must have a million emails from the same parties trying to renew their accounts! I'm sending another one right now...