Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Millions of Iraqi Children in Dire Straits

SocalDinar

I might be wrong here but If Iraq has the money to cover a huge RV, I would think they would at least be able to take care of their children.

GENEVA—

The U.N. Children’s Fund reports millions of Iraqi children displaced by violence are in desperate straits.  UNICEF says growing violence in this war-torn country is putting children’s lives at risk and stripping them of essential life-saving assistance.

More than one year has passed since the so-called Islamic State (IS) began a military offensive in northern Iraq, ushering in a period of widespread violence, which continues.  

The United Nations reports more than three million people have been displaced since the start of 2014, most as a result of IS success in capturing Iraqi cities.

U.N. humanitarian agencies estimate more than eight million Iraqis are in need of life-saving assistance, a number that could reach 10 million by the end of the year.

Acting U.N. Children’s Fund Representative in Iraq, Colin MacIness, calls the speed and scope of this crisis breathtaking.  

Speaking by telephone from Erbil, he says children are suffering most from the upheaval in their lives.

“In one year’s time, we have seen a 400 percent increase of the gravest violations against children.  These grave violations are the maiming of children, the abduction of children, the attacking of the basic services that these children would otherwise receive.  For those children who are not in school, for those families who do not have services, the situation is getting much worse,” says he.

‘Desperate situation’

MacIness says the widespread violence and subsequent displacement of millions of people has resulted in the collapse of health care systems, the collapse of the country’s educational system and a collapse in the government’s public safety net.

“For children, specifically, this is a desperate situation.  This year’s school year alone saw 650,000 children with no schooling whatsoever.  Over three million children had their school year affected severely and did not attend a regular school cycle. For families, even access to basic items can be severe,” says he.

UNICEF representative MacInnes notes nearly 3,000 people a week are fleeing Anbar province. He says these people require water, hygiene, basic shelter and food.  He warns their needs may not be met because U.N. agencies are suffering from a severe funding shortage.  

MacInnes adds current water supplies will run out in about three weeks unless more money is received to replenish these stocks.  He notes donors have provided only 20 percent of the $48 million needed for U.N. humanitarian operations until the end of the year.

http://www.voanews.com/content/millions-of-iraqi-children-in-dire-straits/2842969.html

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 5

Well my friend SD I see your point, and I don't know if this thing will ever RV in my lifetime. I am heavily invested (at least for me) to the end, no retreat  , no bail out ....all the way to the ground or all the way to the stars. Each of us had a reason to invest and for me it wasn't for greed but for the betterment of my family all of which I admit is not going in the direction that I wish. As far as the Iraqi children my heart is sad when I see their innocence being stolen from them. I don't care what color they are, children are the still the most important thing to me. On another note , I can afford to loose every damn dinar I own if I have too.  As far as the Lopsters I just don't get it , I get my happiness from building someone up not tearing them down. Thanks

• Upvote 6

There was a time when i was heavily invested also Texstorm.   I said the same thing almost word for word. I'm in this till the end no matter what. But the more i learned the more i realized how the numbers just did not add up.

I got tired of hearing people call smoke and mirrors when it was obvious that this country was in some deep trouble.  I had other opportunities so i sold off a large amount about a year ago. I still have 1 million dinar but that all I was willing to lose.  I surely do not try to tear anyone down or bust their bubbles.  Its their money and they should do what they think is best for them. Thats why you will never hear me talk down to anyone regarding this.  I do think there are plenty of shills here on this website that pump dinar,  I have caught them many times with there lies.  I think the Tank has calmed down a bit since i just started posting just articles down here. It used to get really ugly down here. Nothing but childish name calling and whining from both sides. So I post down here and do my best to bite my tongue when i see people upstairs posting misinformation and pumping dinar.

Not sure if you remember Keepmwlkfny. He was the person that helped me see through the lies.  Not sure if he is still posting or lurking about, but if you are Keepm  I want to thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hello again Rock ! I don't know if anyone has a handle on the IQD and that includes you as well. You are a realist, you are bound by your own interpretations, I really don't see you stepping out there and taking a great chance in life. I should have died many times over, or maimed for life yet here I still stand. I guess my point for now is that if you don't take a chances in life,  no matter what the odds are against you, you will never be able to measure your success. I'm not talking specifically about getting rich because that is a matter of interpretation as well, what i'm talking about are things that are in your control and yet you find out just how far you can push it before you lose control, sometime you lose and sometimes you win. I don't know what will happen with the dinar and neither does anyone else for that matter. You can not save the world by telling everybody about the scammers that perpetuate all of these schemes and dreams and if you are not even invested why waist your breath on us at DV. We are not all of the same Rock, some of us may be a lot less smarter than you, some of us may have  decided to take a once in a lifetime chance , some of us will fail and learn from our mistakes , and some of us will just follow our faith. What the heck it's only money !

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Tex,

:bravo:

Choose your own path..............the Eyore's in life will always look for ways to fail as evidenced here. LOPsters & Gurus truly believe they are the chosen ones and everything & everyone is beneath them. If they chose to bail....................great.................if others don't.................great! It's called personal choice, and that's what they have a problem with. SD's saint Keep was a good guy imo overall.................but he had his faults. He was caught lying multiple times , and even created a heavy run on Dinar himself with his bold predictions of RV. Invest what you can afford to lose,do your own research, and whatever you do DON'T TAKE FINANCIAL ADVISE FROM CARTOON CHARACTERS such as you'll find here.............Have a fun & safe 4th

• Upvote 2

"SD's saint Keep was a good guy imo overall.................but he had his faults. and even created a heavy run on Dinar himself with his bold predictions of RV."

That is how most of Dinar holders got started Caz. Some friend told us about it  and we fell for it hook line and sinker. I can remember the conversation like it was yesterday

"SSHHHHH.   have you heard about the Iraqi Dinar?   They are supposed to Revalue their currency.  $1,000 bucks could make you a millionaire overnight.  Just watch the video of Shabs stumble when asked the question. Kuwait did the same thing and people got rich."

And just like Keep admitted I I too admit that I was greedy and bought accordingly. 

And them guess what.?   I could not keep this to myself could I.   I told everyone that would listen about the coming RV and that they should buy Dinar, and so they did.  And on and on it went.

• Upvote 4

SD .. Right on. I expect most dinarians are nodding their heads.

You forgot to add the line better get in Quick. It's going to pop on Monday.

Caz, I know the loss is normal for you based on your logic ,but something like $5k means a lot to loose for most.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Come on Rock my divorce 14 years ago cost me 80k just in lawyer fees........I would expect that everyone that has bought dinar,  can afford to loose their dinar, what do you think people aren't feeding their baby's or their dogs and cats just so they can buy more dinar and that's not even mentioning my bad habits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Come on Rock my divorce 14 years ago cost me 80k just in lawyer fees........I would expect that everyone that has bought dinar,  can afford to loose their dinar, what do you think people aren't feeding their baby's or their dogs and cats just so they can buy more dinar and that's not even mentioning my bad habits.

I'm sure the majority of people who bought dinar can afford to lose it, but there are plenty who have been irresponsible and bought with money they can't lose and have /continue to sacrifice needs in order to purchase dinar.

• Upvote 1

Tex, I will add you to my list of people with more money than ***** and leave it at that. No need to reply

BTW I read about a man who after the third deevorce was asked if he would marry again.

He said . No, every three years I will find a woman and give her a house and a car and figure i got off cheap.

Caz, I know the loss is normal for you based on your logic ,but something like $5k means a lot to loose for most.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GIVE UP YOUR DRINKING AND SMOKING!!  BUY MORE DINAR TODAY......

...................................................................( an even more worser habit)............ :eyebrows::deadhorse::wave::wacko:

No thanks I'm set for life on toilet paper LOL !

• Upvote 2

It doesn't have to be about buying more than one can afford to lose but rather the mindset that develops when someone is certain they'll be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams... A mindset that has people browsing luxury car dealerships rather than repairing the vehicles they have..A mindset that has people measuring the house on the hill for window treatments rather than fixing the leaking roof on the one they live in at present.

If there's a criminal indictment in the Sterling case start watching the Atlanta news for a series of stories that will be heart breaking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It doesn't have to be about buying more than one can afford to lose but rather the mindset that develops when someone is certain they'll be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams... A mindset that has people browsing luxury car dealerships rather than repairing the vehicles they have..A mindset that has people measuring the house on the hill for window treatments rather than fixing the leaking roof on the one they live in at present.

If there's a criminal indictment in the Sterling case start watching the Atlanta news for a series of stories that will be heart breaking.

Very true.
  • Downvote 1

Those that cry/complain about losin money on this or any other investment.......1)should not invest    or    2)have never vested before. The biggest complainers/crybaby's I've seen here are usually(not all but majority)  LOPsters, go figure. But what is truly amazing is they are the ones that preach how smart they are.................now that's funny!

LOL now LOPsters have cornered the market on folks pschy,............... is there anything a LOPster can't do? LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Caz,

You don't have the right to call me a Lopster but in so far as you have I'll put you in the Shill category.

LOL ("the right") .....................really?  You're funny......thanks for the laugh.

Shill

Edited by caz1104

Those that cry/complain about losin money on this or any other investment.......1)should not invest    or    2)have never vested before. The biggest complainers/crybaby's I've seen here are usually(not all but majority)  LOPsters, go figure. But what is truly amazing is they are the ones that preach how smart they are.................now that's funny!

LOL now LOPsters have cornered the market on folks pschy,............... is there anything a LOPster can't do? LOL

Agreed Caz!  Are we talking about the hopes and dreams of children here... or the speculation of adults on theirs?!!!  That's life.

• Upvote 1

"heartbreaking" stories.....................come on...............that can said of millions of folks & millions of investments worldwide. Life ain't always a bowl of cherries, and folks need to wake up and learn..................ya don't always win!!!! LOL............here's a trophy for coming in last..............that's what this world has come too...............entitlements. And it's alive and kicking here at DV with some