Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I agree with this statement. Most politician's have lost there edge and are afraid to say what really needs to be heard by Joe Public. They must think we are all going to break into a million piece's. Most of the American public is not as fragile as they might think.

The Donald using a fresh approach is something we have not heard in many, many years. "Speak strong and carry a big stick". Just go back to WWll and beyond and see how our President's spoke back then.

Seabee 

Quote:Like him or hate him. Mr. Trump has certainly gotten everyone's attention.

• Upvote 1

Shabbs, so what's the right thing to do more than a year away from the election?  Don't you think it's a little bit early to walk away from Trump or Bush or Walker or any other candidate?  Don't you think we have a little time to let this all mesh out?  It seems to me the smart play here is to draw out of each of the candidates everything we can hear and see about who they are and what they'll do.  We all pretty much already know who Trump is.  But the book's still out on the others.  Maybe by late Spring 2016 we should begin serious conversations about pulling together to get the winner.  I for one am sick of feeling forced to vote for someone just because I'm scared another Democrat will win.  It's time we all vote our hearts after diligently vetting each candidate.  I'm reminded of the question one famous Christian pastor asked after Mitt Romney lost:  "Now that the election's over is it OK for Christians to start saying again that Mormonism is a cult?"  He was the odds on favorite in the GOP and no one ran against him.....except his religion.  4 million Republicans stayed home because of that and got Obama re-elected.  Doing the right thing is doing the right thing.  And I think with today's mass media exposure ad nauseum we'll have a good picture of who the best GOP candidate will be, not just because they can win, but when they win, do the right thing.....ALL the time.

I do agree it's far too early to make a solid decision on a candidate.  Trump's further irrational antics over the weekend however, have completely wiped him from my consideration.  There are some provocative Republican candidates I'm eager to listen to though.  Adam Montana nailed my perspective perfectly with regards to my opinion on the voting dynamics.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV 

• Upvote 1

Probably the mexican voters.  But not all the latinos.

That very well could be true.  I see you're located in South Florida........What's the word on the street from the Cuban-American and Puerto Rican communities?  

GO RV, then BV

Who is this Adam Montana and where can we find him???

The Cheese Wiz.....sporting a Speedo on the beach in Belize.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

I should have known.  I heard he likes to "fit in" so he can be incognito.  I wonder how he does it with the Wisconsin tan lines, wearing a Speedo in Belize?  Wow, He must be good!

Or He buys a lot of spray on Tan.

Is it cool to put Cheez Wiz on a Ritz on the beach in Belize?  Or is that just a touristy thing to do?

Title of Thread: Donald Trump        And yet here we are.  So you see who is more important to us, Right All???

Edited by DWitte

Back to topic - ha! The Donald was asked by an audience member if he would promise not to run as an independent if he did not get the nomination, so as to avoid the Ross Perot phenomenon.  Trump said he would not promise that because the country was in such desperate need.  Kind of makes me nervous.  I was very impressed with several of the Republican candidates' answers.

• Upvote 1

I see you're located in South Florida........What's the word on the street from the Cuban-American and Puerto Rican communities?  

Yes lots of hispanics from all over the place.  You name it they're here.   The word on the street is kind of mixed.   Marco Rubio being from Miami and coming from a cuban family is beloved by the cuban people.  Also Jeb Bush is very much loved by many.

Me personally although I am hispanic I truly want whats best for this country.  Even if he came from Mars.  We really are in  "desperate need " for the best man for the job to win this election.  And I think Donald Trump is that man.

We need someone that is willing and able to KICK SOME SERIOUS A$$ for this country.   :salute: 

We all want the same things . We just need someone to go out into the world and make our case for us and regain the respect we deserve.  :twocents:

• Upvote 5

Sadly imo people don't want to hear what our politicians really think. They want to know wants in it for them, regardless if it's good for the country. Once that happens they have no issue being told by mainstream media & govt what to think & do. We need more Mr Smith goes to Washington types and less Robert Byrds(lifelong politician).

IMO- Max 2 terms, Eliminate lifetime benefits,and once out of office not allowed to work for special interests groups or be a lobbyist.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

I would think law abiding Hispanics would appreciate the efforts of immigration reform. If your legally here .........no problem. If your not...........that's a problem. Just like any other country.........you abide by there laws or suffer the consequences..........only here in the US are you considered a martyr for braking or ignoring our EXISTING laws. Don't believe it ..........I can give you some estimated 15 million examples and growing daily.

Edited by caz1104

I would think law abiding Hispanics would appreciate the efforts of immigration reform. If your legally here .........no problem. If your not...........that's a problem. Just like any other country.........you abide by there laws or suffer the consequences...

I agree with you.   You are absolutely right.    The problem with immigrating is that the good people coming in are so desperate for a better life that they will do just about anything to get in.   Some kind of system and order needs to take place to allow the good people in and keep the bad ones out.   I immigrated to this country in the 60's .  I was 4 at the time .  It took my parents 2 years of paper work to be allowed out of our former country.   I became a USA citizen at the age of 10 and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to be here.  We were very lucky, it was easier back then.

• Upvote 5

I agree with you.   You are absolutely right.    The problem with immigrating is that the good people coming in are so desperate for a better life that they will do just about anything to get in.   Some kind of system and order needs to take place to allow the good people in and keep the bad ones out.   I immigrated to this country in the 60's .  I was 4 at the time .  It took my parents 2 years of paper work to be allowed out of our former country.   I became a USA citizen at the age of 10 and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am to be here.  We were very lucky, it was easier back then.

My opinion.............follow the laws of the land,it's really that simple. And it should never have been made a political issue. It's a law enforcement issue. If the PEOPLE(citizens) of the USA want to change the laws one way or the other then great........that's how the system is suppose to work. I applaud you & your family.

• Upvote 1

MiT... congrats to your parents, and your family!  But don't fall for the disingenuous, manufactured argument that the Immigration System is broken... it is not.  It is not enforced, and abused.

Your parents did it the way it is designed as a process... and in that, kind of nurtures the "good people" integrating into our society... while weeding out the bad!   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

I bet I couldn't go to ANY other country and impose my will on how to interpet there laws.

True.

Me personally although I am hispanic

End Quote

I didn't know that, MIT...Sounds great... Where from originally if I may ask? If that sounds inappropriate, then I apologize...Ciao my Friend.

CUBA...........It's not inappropriate to ask at all.  :)  :wave:

• Upvote 2

I was born in Matanzas . But I lived in El Vedado in Havana.   Beautiful Island .  Communism destroyed it.

Know Matanzas....Not too far  from what was the most famous beach area : Varadero... And of course El Vedado is a beautiful district of Havana.. The first time I visited there ( 1986) I was at the Habana Libre Hotel ( frmr. Hilton) and close  by there was  that famous heladeria,  that chain which is all over Cuba ..... I know mainly Camaguey and Santiago De Cuba and thirdly Havana .

I used to speak good Spanish in the past.. Then I  somehow lost it  ( but not totally)...Beautiful language

• Upvote 1